Looking for a custom sprite artist for trainers

dfox20

I'm starting up a fan game i've been planning for the past few months, still very early in the works but I really need a sprite artist to help with making the trainers either overworld sprites or the back sprite,vs sprites,battle sprite, anything related basically in the gen 4 style. I have all of the characters that currently need sprites already designed as well with references. I can't pay anything unfortunately due to no budget but I am willing to answer anything or do whatever I can to help. Message me below here or pm me and we can discuss everything. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by dfox20

Sorry that I cannot help since I already working on a project also. I understand how difficult it is to find spriters so it would help you more in the long run if you learn spriting by yourself. There are tons of tutorial out there--google and deviantart are your best friend. If you insist on finding help, showing your game progress might help. Of course you have to sacrifice "no spoiler-thing" for the sake of getting help since it's hard to get help unless you are being super clear about it.

2 hours ago, Phi-Bi said:

Sorry that I cannot help since I already working on a project also. I understand how difficult it is to find spriters so it would help you more in the long run if you learn spriting by yourself. There are tons of tutorial out there--google and deviantart are your best friend. If you insist on finding help, showing your game progress might help. Of course you have to sacrifice "no spoiler-thing" for the sake of getting help since it's hard to get help unless you are being super clear about it.

No worries! I am actually trying to sprite right now but the issue is because I am doing that, I can't really focus on the project itself like the maps or scripts or anything. I'm not professional either and I don't expect anyone else to be either but I figured it's probably better to at least try to get something done so this project can progress in some way. Unfortunately as i've stated it's very early in progress, like everything is written down but there really isn't much in rpg maker done due to needing stuff like sprites done. Sure I can do place holders and i've done that for other rpg maker stuff i've worked on but it's a lot tougher to visualize certain things when they look nothing like the character. Thanks for the suggestions though! (I've been all over deviantart and pokecommunity trying to seek help too and deviantart i've gotten lots of bases). I would show stuff but it's so early on that there really isn't anything that's a spoiler yet in rpg maker.

Edited by dfox20

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2018 at 11:04 PM, StarryDreamerKitten said:

have you used essentials or sprite packs to help the project along even asking people like Ame to use there custom ones?

I'm so sorry I haven't replied back, I read this but stuff IRL came up. I do have sprites from others and even the essential ones planned with permission of course. I also checked and Reborns are free to use as stated in the Reborn Faq as long as credited which it definately will be! My main thing is I have a bunch of custom characters that I spent the time creating either gym leaders,"evil team" of the game,protagonists,etc that I would like in my game just so it's more unique to others. I rather not have to reuse stuff others have used if I can. I can handle doing basically everything else for the most part, except for spriting characters in the styles mentioned above and a couple other minor things. It's the one thing stalling me from actually starting this project really and I still hope there is someone out there that can help me out. There is a lot of people that want money which is understandable but for a project that is created purely for fun with no budget or anything, it's really rough trying to find people. I've searched quite a few websites and even on Deviantart have gotten the odd person that told me they would help and then not hearing anything back from them or them changing their mind.

6 hours ago, dfox20 said:

I'm so sorry I haven't replied back, I read this but stuff IRL came up. I do have sprites from others and even the essential ones planned with permission of course. I also checked and Reborns are free to use as stated in the Reborn Faq as long as credited which it definately will be! My main thing is I have a bunch of custom characters that I spent the time creating either gym leaders,"evil team" of the game,protagonists,etc that I would like in my game just so it's more unique to others. I rather not have to reuse stuff others have used if I can. I can handle doing basically everything else for the most part, except for spriting characters in the styles mentioned above and a couple other minor things. It's the one thing stalling me from actually starting this project really and I still hope there is someone out there that can help me out. There is a lot of people that want money which is understandable but for a project that is created purely for fun with no budget or anything, it's really rough trying to find people. I've searched quite a few websites and even on Deviantart have gotten the odd person that told me they would help and then not hearing anything back from them or them changing their mind.

That's okay. There's a few free online rpg character creators that might help will search around for the ones I used to visit all the time if your interested

16 hours ago, StarryDreamerKitten said:

That's okay. There's a few free online rpg character creators that might help will search around for the ones I used to visit all the time if your interested

Oh that's perfect! I highly appreciate that ^^ Thank you so much!