It was meh. (Farewell)

Sceptilespy

I'm saying goodbye to reborn. I'm sure some people are happy to see me go, and I'm sure there's like 1 person who isn't. It doesn't really matter to me. 

^That was the tl;dr version, basically, a summary. Everything else below is really just gonna be me describing my experiences here, and me explaining why I'm leaving. I'm sure there are hella mods who just want to close this right now due to my reputation but I'll just make it clear I'm not going to try and "expose" anyone or try to make a statement about reborn. 

Spoiler

It started around 3 years ago, maybe two, idc. I heard about pokemon reborn from Shofu and I've heard it was really hard, so I got up my ass and downloaded it. I had downloaded v14, but only really started playing around v15. It was fun, I had some good times, some bad times. Fun game in general. The same can be said about Rejuvenation and Desolation, two games I love(d). I think the point where it really went downhill for me was when I actually began interacting with the community. I think my first real interactions was when I was in the v9 thread. I talked to some people and that was cool and all, and that's pretty much where I got any of my reputation points. Then I went to shiny spriting which was pretty fun. After that, I took a long break from anything other then playing the games. The part where everything went to shit was when I joined the discord. For one, I can already here some loser typing about how I was a toxic user, and I know that. But really, I've grown tired of just shitting around. The amount of drama I've been involved in, in the past 3 months has been ridiculous. I joined the reborn discord to discuss reborn, and at first, being introduced to an environment was this was almost "enticing". It kinda drew me in, since I only expected to talk about "POKEMON" Reborn, but everyone will soon realize that reborn has been around longer then the game.  There were so many different viewpoints, I just kinda couldn't help not wanting to see how tilted people could get, and God could they get tilted. But after a while I just simply got bored of it. Maybe it's "maturing" or whatever. The simple fact is, I've grown out and tired of baiting people into arguments when I'm clearly in the wrong. And then going to some corner on the internet to scream and cry about "Reborn" when I'm the one starting shit. This isn't, to make the other side I've been tilting to get put into any good light however. The side I was against, were in my opinion, a bunch of kids who couldn't get over themselves. You said one bad word and they flipped out, just like in kindergarten. But then you think about this example, and realize, the kid saying the word in kindergarten isn't any better. I've found myself at a middleground I seem to be alone at, and when you're alone, it's not really a "community" anymore. After my mute, I began to ponder it, and as of now, I've realized I've grown tired of the same damn arguments all the time, people getting silenced when they have an unpopular opinion, or even getting bullied when they have an unpopular opinion. This applies to both sides of the coin. It's really a huge contradiction in my eyes. I asked for a politics room, and the mods said it would turn into a shitstorm, when the reborn discord is basically one giant politics server that's a shitstorm of ideas clashing together. Except it's not really a clash, and whichever side has more power, rather then reason wins. And this isn't to say Ame created the server with this intention, i'm just saying how it's essentially used. But the thing is, now, I can't really find myself on a side. I'm just rambling right now, and I think I've said what I needed to say. In my opinion, both sides are toxic, and I refuse to be apart of one. There are adults acting like children by going out of their way to make people mad, and there are adults acting like children going out of their way to get mad. 

^My edgy monologuing. 

In any case, I'm not deleting my account or anything. I'm not sure if you even can. It's just that I'll probably never say anything again here, but I'll be on discord.  

I didn't make this for pity, because I'm not a bitch, and The only person who I named here who's active in the reborn community is Ame. This wasn't made to create beef or anything like that, and if you take it that way, then it's your fault and I suggest for you to grow a pair. If you disagree with my reasons for leaving, dm me because I'll definitely respond. DEFINITELY. MOST CERTAINLY. 1000%. Like I said above, I was just rambling, and i wasn't very active to begin with, and I may be back, but it's whatever to me. Don't let what I say spoil the forums or the discord for you. Remember, I was a toxic user in my own right, and you get what you give. Peace. 

It was okay. 

-Sceptilespy 

I don't know you well but lol at you tilting ppl for fun xD I hope it was fun for while it lasted :P

But I wanted to be that person who asks the real important questions in life: why are you staying on Discord instead of the forums if it was Discord that ruined the experience for you?? 🤔

50 minutes ago, Candy said:

I don't know you well but lol at you tilting ppl for fun xD I hope it was fun for while it lasted :P

But I wanted to be that person who asks the real important questions in life: why are you staying on Discord instead of the forums if it was Discord that ruined the experience for you?? 🤔

Good point. I only really talk in the Reborn/Rejuv/Rejuv10spoilers section though. Besides, there are actual people with sense on the discord who feel the same as me and it's nice to have people to talk to like that.