Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

We all know it's coming. But nobody really knows who's gonna be in it. There was an early article saying how they're keeping the number of fighters down to 35 or so like in Brawl, but old characters will likely have new moves and there will be new characters.

So have at it:

Who do you want to see in Brawl? Why? What kind of move set would the character have?

Who should be ditched for something better?

Who should get updated/new moves?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Ditch Lucario, put back Mewtwo.

This conflicts me because I loved Mewtwo but Lucario's my best character in Brawl

I would hope for Roy to come back, normally, but with recent experience in FE8 (and the fact that it was actually localized), I think Ephraim might be a cool character to actually play as, without the clone syndrome people accuse Roy/Marth of.

...But at the same time, FE8 is pretty old so they had their chance already, and probably won't do it.

If any FE characters make it in it'll be someone from Awakening most likely. While. It could be argued Ephraim makes a cameo via DLC it still seems unlikely.

Isaac will likely make an appearance. Not only due to his previous assist trophy, but with the DS Golden Sun having come out and having such a cliffhanager ending that we know there'll be a 4th Golden Sun game it seems highly likely.

Lucario will most likely be scrapped for another humanoid-ish Pokemon. Question being is the new SSB will come out after the 6th gens obvious anthromorphic mascot is shown.

I wanna see Professor Layton in an SSB game. They made Phoenix Wright fit into UMvC3 (and while he's a terrible character, his concept is really cool and interesting) so why can't Layton be in this?

I kinda hope they drop a lot of the clone characters, however even though its a bit hypocritical, i hope Luigi gets a buff and becomes a bit of his own character like how Lucas isn't a straight off Ness clone.

I also can't wait to see what Namco-Bandai brings to the table, Lloyd for life.

I seriously hope they get rid of meta knight or at least make him less effective. He ruined wifi battles.

Other than that, Im hoping they put in Zoroark. I dont know why but something's just telling me it will happen.

35 characters is too little tbh...

Keep Ike and Lucas god dammit. And give Lucas some non Ness special moves :3

Lucario will go away, for either Zoroark or the gen 6 movie mascot.

Make Ganon more useable D:<

And drop Toon Link. Too similar to actual Link and unecessary in the first place.

If I do get this game, I personally hope they add or cameo Galactica Knight from Kirby... xD

While I personally liked Lucario (he wasn't my best but hey), I'd be fine with him getting replaced as long as it wasn't Mewtwo... Never really liked Mewtwo.

And I'm going to agree with the Professor Layton statement.

THAT. MUST HAPPEN.

"Another Puzzle Solved!" :D

His Final Smash could totally be amazing.

Characters to Boot:

R.O.B. -unpopular character

Wolf - an OK and unnessicary clone

Jigglypuff - a really... unneeded character that only low tier kings and trolls occassionally used

Lucario- his days are up, time for a new pokemon to hold up the mantle

Characters who should be added:

Isaac (Golden Sun)

Ray MK III (Custom Robo)

Characters to consider:

Lil' Mac (Punch Out)- OK... i want this guy cause i would be boss with him, it is also my favorite game on the NES, and due to the fact that his Wii title was actually really good, and somewhat popular, we might see him being playable

Krystal (Star Fox)- this game needs more females in it's roster, and the furries will love her, she can probably fight using her staff from adventures.

Michiah (Fire Emblem)- a female fire emblem character? GTFO

Zoruark (Do I have to tell you guys)- probably the best candidate to replace Lucario, unless there is something 6th gen we don't know about that they may use.

3rd Party...

Konami:

Keep snake and add either Simon Belmont or Gabriel Belmont from Castlevania, they should also consider a Dance Dance Revolution stage or Assist Trophy

Sega:

Keep sonic... and only sonic, Tails or Knuckles can be assist Trophies, they should also consider a Nights, Super Monkey Ball, or Phantasy Star Themed stage or trophy

Namco-Bandai:

Characters to Conisider:

Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)

Pac-man (selftitled)

Jin Kazama (Tekken)

Agumon (Digimon) - Yes Digimon is owned by Namco-Bandai

Square Enix:

Geno - yes... Geno is not owned by nintendo...

Ubisoft:

Rayman (Self Titles) - they should also add the raving rabbids as an assist trophy or give them their own stage! Raving Rabbids and Rayman Legends are huge hits on the Wii

Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) - Probably one of the best games on the Wii ever

Capcom:

Ryu and Chun-Li (Street Fighter)- it would be cool seeing Lucario getting replaced by Ryu imo, SNES is also the birth place of consoled based Fighting games, ie. Super Street Fighter II

Megaman and Zero (Megaman X)- Megaman premiered on the NES and still lives in the hearts of a lot of rabid nintendo fanboys.

it would also be cool to consider a phoenix wright stage or assist trophy!

any other character would be random, a clone or a wasted spot, this game shouldn't have more than 40-45 characters

other things to consider:

actual competitve viability: this game was taken competitvly by alot of people, though it shouldn't be taken seriously XD. There are a few things that broke smash melee and brawl and a few things to consider to make this game actually a good game that won't have to be modded...

- An option to remove stage Hazards! Playstation did it, why can't Nintendo?

- a change to Super Sudden Death! Alot of tournaments actually ban the use of Sudden Death, it should be tweaked to where it isn't crap...

-Balance! Smash was... kinda horribly unbalanced as we all may know... maybe sakurai can consider balance for once! I am really happy that Haruda is helping make this game, he knows his shit when it comes to fighters

- Patches! there was alot of crap wrong with smash that hardcore fans won't admit! Chain Grabs, infinite Cape Glitches, DAKAS, Infinites, you name it, that crap could have been fixed in brawl... but wasn't....

-Online! wait... smash had online?

Rob can get the boot. He's lame, even if he fights well.

Luigi needs his moves re-examined or else he needs the boot.

I'd say keep Wolf and Ditch falco, as he mirrors fox more than wolf does and the game could use more villains.

Ditch meta-knight. He's cool and a total badass, but he's totally broken and no oe wants to see him again except as maybe an assist or something.

Ditch the jigglypuff. It's a troll clone of kirby.

I would be fine with swapping out lucario for zoroark, but I'd definitely prefer Mewtwo back. Especially if they fix his forward special to be a real reflect or counter.

I like Ike, but it would make sense if they either replace him with someone from the new FE or put the new FE person in addition to Ike and Marth.

Knuckles would be a viable fighter from Sonic, but everyone else needs the stay the hell away. Tales wouldn't even make a decent assist everyone else gives me an aneurism thinking about them.

Get rid of toon link. Smaller, weaker, slightly faster, and totally unnecessary link. I could see them updating some of his moves.

Pit- update his moves, especially given his recent game and his spam abuse in Brawl. And please, change his voice acting. He's annoying as hell on so many levels.

Pokemon trainer- they should add in a trainer that uses other starter pokemon, like totodile, bayleef, and Quilava. But really what they need to do is make an entire pokemon fighting game altogether based on the brawl battle engine. You'd necessarily have a lot of overlap for moves and stuff, but that's okay, cuz then it comes down to mastering your favorites or using the right pokemon with the right move combination for ya.

Mario- update his moves, he's got plenty of new stuff to choose from all his newer games. FLOOD is just lame.

Dry Bones- I'd like to see him added but I see it as highly unlikely and I'm not really sure how he'd fill out him moveset anyhow.

Isaac- I'd really love to see him in there and after the fanrage of him being a really lame assist trophy last game will hopefully push the developers to really include him into this one. They'd probably opt to put Matthew in instead though because he's the main character in the newest game. He's got all sorts of psynergy available as special attacks for him, and summons or Meggido unleash as his ultimate. He could maybe do something similar to olimar in that he can either summon or switch out attached djinn to alter his special attacks. Move might actually be a pretty awesome move to keep people from recovering to the stage. Pound, force, and other 'utility' psynergy and attacks could be some viable specials. They'd really have to explain really hard to me any reason for Isaac or Matthew to not be included as a playable character.

Rob can get the boot. He's lame, even if he fights well.

Amen!

Luigi needs his moves re-examined or else he needs the boot.

Like the Vacuum? >>

I'd say keep Wolf and Ditch falco, as he mirrors fox more than wolf does and the game could use more villains.

that does hold some truth... but falco is really popular

Ditch meta-knight. He's cool and a total badass, but he's totally broken and no oe wants to see him again except as maybe an assist or something.

or make him like pit

Ditch the jigglypuff. It's a troll clone of kirby.

Amen!

I would be fine with swapping out lucario for zoroark, but I'd definitely prefer Mewtwo back. Especially if they fix his forward special to be a real reflect or counter.

Gen 1 isn't as popular anymore >>

I like Ike, but it would make sense if they either replace him with someone from the new FE or put the new FE person in addition to Ike and Marth.

I can see them replacing Ike for Chrom

Knuckles would be a viable fighter from Sonic, but everyone else needs the stay the hell away. Tales wouldn't even make a decent assist everyone else gives me an aneurism thinking about them.

I can see tails being playable along with Knuckles... however, i don't think they would be nessesary

Get rid of toon link. Smaller, weaker, slightly faster, and totally unnecessary link. I could see them updating some of his moves.

He is actually more popular than regular link >>

Pit- update his moves, especially given his recent game and his spam abuse in Brawl. And please, change his voice acting. He's annoying as hell on so many levels.

Pokemon trainer- they should add in a trainer that uses other starter pokemon, like totodile, bayleef, and Quilava. But really what they need to do is make an entire pokemon fighting game altogether based on the brawl battle engine. You'd necessarily have a lot of overlap for moves and stuff, but that's okay, cuz then it comes down to mastering your favorites or using the right pokemon with the right move combination for ya.

Mario- update his moves, he's got plenty of new stuff to choose from all his newer games. FLOOD is just lame.

like his hammer?

Dry Bones- I'd like to see him added but I see it as highly unlikely and I'm not really sure how he'd fill out him moveset anyhow.

idk... maybe

Isaac- I'd really love to see him in there and after the fanrage of him being a really lame assist trophy last game will hopefully push the developers to really include him into this one. They'd probably opt to put Matthew in instead though because he's the main character in the newest game. He's got all sorts of psynergy available as special attacks for him, and summons or Meggido unleash as his ultimate. He could maybe do something similar to olimar in that he can either summon or switch out attached djinn to alter his special attacks. Move might actually be a pretty awesome move to keep people from recovering to the stage. Pound, force, and other 'utility' psynergy and attacks could be some viable specials. They'd really have to explain really hard to me any reason for Isaac or Matthew to not be included as a playable character.

that is a good point, maybe matthew

Get rid of the slipping.

Pick up the pace too. GOTTA GO FAST.

Take out Mario, no one gives a shit about him.

Put in Crash Bandicoot/Spyro since Sony won't fucking do it.

Ban Meta Knight because fuck him, Prince Fluff is the hot shit nowadays.

Put in Ridley since that would TOTALLY FUCKING WORK.

Also, add in Minecraft Steve and Slenderman since those games are masterpieces.

Assist Trophies have Psycho Mantis and Happy Wheels Guy.

Psycho Mantis stops and rumbles everyone else's controller.

Happy Wheels Guy's body parts fly around the place and hit people.

I also want Duke Nukem, Master Chief, Call of Duty man, JOHN MADDEN, le mankey face, and George Constanza as third party characters.

Also have a mode doing no items, Fox only, Final Destination.

Bring back adventure mode from melee and not be SERIOUS and edgy.

I want it sponsored by Monster Energy, Mountain Dew, Doritos, and Taco Bell since FUCK YEAH BRO AUDIENCE.

10/10 BNG

Get rid of the slipping.

I also want Duke Nukem, Master Chief, Call of Duty man, JOHN MADDEN, le mankey face, and George Constanza as third party characters.

I want it sponsored by Monster Energy, Mountain Dew, Doritos, and Taco Bell since FUCK YEAH BRO AUDIENCE.

10/10 BNG

Cyrus, either someone hacked your account, or this is an ironical post.

Get rid of the slipping.

Agreed

Agreed

Who?

Put in Crash Bandicoot/Spyro since Sony won't fucking do it

Well... Sony did ask Activision... but Activision was like I WAN'T A MILLION BAJILLION DOLLAHZ!!!!

Put in Ridley since that would TOTALLY FUCKING WORK

Is Charizard not good enough for you people!

GTFO

Assist Trophies have Psycho Mantis and Happy Wheels Guy

Psycho Mantis yes... Happy Wheels? da fuck you smoking?

I Support This!

No

GTFO

I want it sponsored by Monster Energy, Mountain Dew, Doritos, and Taco Bell since FUCK YEAH BRO AUDIENCE

Your Dead to Me

10/10 BNG

I'mma pull a Wolf. Let's how I do...

Get rid of the slipping.
That goes without saying.
No. Last thing we need is for it to degenerate into another random button masher. With melee it was all about which character was faster. In Brawl, it was more about predicting and maneuvering your foe (the obviously superior game).
Lol, you troll. That's never gonna happen.
Trololol, never.
Who is Prince Fluff?
... How?
Pls die and stay away from my video games.
I approve of psycho mantis assist.

And your fridge is running. Go catch it.
Or just get rid of fox. Laser spam is for nubs.
SSE was drawn out waaay too long.

• 3 months later...

My predicted roster...

Ike replaced by Chrom

Lucina Replacing Marth

New form Mewtwo replacing Lucario

Jiggly, rob, and one of the starfox clones get the boot

Everyone else comes back

New 1st Party

Paper Mario: fights more like his Sticker Star incarnation

Dixie Kong: remember she was considered for Brawl

Toon Zelda: another character considered for Brawl

Krystal: fights like how she did in Star Fox Adventures

Matthew: to represent the Golden Sun Franchise

Lil' Mac: To represent Punch- Out, a popular NES franchise

Ray MK III: to represent Custom Robo

Some Viewtiful Joe Rip-off: Representing Nintendo's newest Franchise, Wonderful 101!

3rd Party,

Gabriel Belmont: a Castlevania rep, Representing Konami along side Old Snake

Beyonetta: Allstar Rosters like this are designed for advertising... hence why characters like Big Daddy gets into sony smash and rocket raccoon got into mvc3... Beyonetta 2 is going to be Wii U exclusive, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Beyonetta was chosen to rep sega along side sonic instead of Knuckles, Shadow, Tails, or NiGHTS...

Rayman: one name that stuck with the Wii the entire way

Megaman: ... dooo eeeeet

Jin Kazama: Haruda's rep

Llyod Irving: The more likely tales of rep... but judging who they chose for ProjectXZone... I might think otherwise

Pac-Man: more than likely choice