Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

xH4ns3lx

Question

So, I am at Shellys gym in Lapis and I can't beat her. Do you know where I can get a good flying type? Or can somoene trade me one? It doesn't need a good nature but it should be female so I can bread me one with a good nature (of course it would be nice if it already has a good nature)

Thanks for all replies :)

4 answers to this question

Hmm good flying types...well Jumpluff is a good flying type but u can only get it on windy days at obsidia slums. Talonflame is also a good flying type to use but the problem with talonflame is it does not learn acrobatics early like Jumpluff. Anyways fletchling can be caught near corey gym morning and afternoon 10% chance. other good flying type will be swoobat,woobat can be caught at underground railnet. Emolga another acrobatics user and emolga can be caught at jasper ward on clear days.Move set below in spoiler tag. Anyways good luck with Shelly.

Spoiler

Jumpluff(Adamant/Jolly)

Item:None

Ability: Infiltrator

EV:252 Atk/252 Speed/6 Hp

Acrobatics

Bullet Seed/Seed bomb

Leech seed

Sleep powder

You can soft reset to try to get a hoppip with seed bomb cause i think there is a chance of getting a hoppip with egg moves cause i got grassy terrain/helping hand on the once i caught for my grass mono run.

Talonflame(Adamant/Jolly)

Ability: Galewings

EV:252 Atk/252 Speed/6 Hp

Acrobatics

Flame charge

Roost

Peck/Quick atack

yes just dont evolve fletchling throw it in day care until Lvl 39 when it learn Acrobatics

Swoobat(Modest/Timid)

Item: Sharp Beak

Ability:Simple

EV:252 SpAtk/252 Speed/6 Hp

Calm mind

Confusion

Air Cutter

Air slash

Emolga

Ability: Static

EV: 129 Atk/252 Speed/129 SpAtk

Nuzzle

Electro Ball

Acrobatics

Light Screen

Also, you should consider adding a Fake Out user (Meowth, Glameow, Makuhita, etc) to prevent Illumise from setting up Rain Dance and a pokemon that can turn the field on a burning field (though I'm not sure if there's any avaiable bar the fire starters).

Dodrio, fearow, and talonflame are all available for Shelly

Edit: They get their good moves at reasonable levels if you postpone evolution.

Edited by Faeborn