Kirby games

SuperNova

Recently, I ran out of games to play and I' ve been watching sone game movies (like NieR:Automata and Drakengard 3) but I would like to play some real games and I played kirby star allies demo and became interested in the series but I wonder if the Kirby series have a great story as I love story driven games. Do you suggest any Kirby game with a good story?

The two stories with decent lore for the series are Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot. However, I would also recommend Super Star Ultra, as the gameplay is solid. While the story isn't as great (as there are multiple), the game also establishes some lore that is brought back later in the series.

To be honest, Kirby games don't ever really have particularly compelling stories. They provide a reason to go between levels and keep playing, but nothing particularly special. Triple Deluxe's story was the best out of the ones I've played, but I haven't played either Planet Robobot or Star Allies. 

Yeah, Kirby games have very simple stories. Something happens to Kirby's dessert of the day and he goes on a murderous rampage. That true for most of the games. My favorites in the series would have to be Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Nightmare in Dreamland, and Squeak Squad.

I guess the most I'll say of Kirby games as of late is that their lore is the driving force behind the stories. I'll recommend this before playing Star Allies (and I'm only making a second post because I remembered some other games to play):

The Dark Matter Trilogy: this trilogy consists of Dreamland 2, Dreamland 3, and Kirby 64. Only do this if you're dedicated to a full completion run.

Return to Dreamland: this one is fun no matter what, and if you talk to Magolor (the alien you meet), he provides lore on characters from other games (like Super Star/Super Star Ultra)

Also, obviously still recommend Triple Deluxe and Robobot. They're basically the same game, but one has a fairy tale theme and the other has a mechanical theme.

On 4/3/2018 at 3:14 PM, SuperNova said:

Recently, I ran out of games to play and I' ve been watching sone game movies (like NieR:Automata and Drakengard 3) but I would like to play some real games and I played kirby star allies demo and became interested in the series but I wonder if the Kirby series have a great story as I love story driven games. Do you suggest any Kirby game with a good story?

>story
>kirby
pflelelel

Kirby is not a story driven series, sorry. But I'll still recommend you check it out because I personally adore it. If you're desperate for as much story as possible, Squeak Squad has a lot of little details to read into. Otherwise the main 3DS games (Triple Deluxe and Robobobobobobobot), Return to Dreamland, and Super Star Ultra are good options for places to start.

Yeah... there's no such thing as a kirby game with a 'good' story. You either enjoy the gameplay or you don't play. They're nothing like games like Drakengard or Nier Automata

If you wanna play something that's very story driven, play persona 3, 4, or 5. play the kingdom hearts final remixes. Play some Mass Effect. Play some Horizon: Zero Dawn. Play some Baiten Kaitos. Play some Witcher 3. Play some Dangan Ronpa. Play some Phoenix Wright. Play some Borderlands 2. Play the Last of Us.

Things you shouldn't play if you want 'good' story:

Nintendo games (pokemon, legend of Zelda, Mario, Kirby,  etc)

Street Fighter

Soul Caliber

Monster Hunter

DBZ games

Overwatch

Destiny (now that they removed the grimoire and current writers for bungie are clearly not familiar with the lore, but just like Overwatch, there's no story in the game itself)

Sonic Games

Crash Bandicoot games

Spyro games