Tradition and Status: A Nobility themed run of Reborn(Last Leader Defeated Corey

DigitalAmber

Hello everyone.

All you commoners and nobles who flood this castle daily better sit down and stay a while as I have a story to tell. You like a good story, don't you? This is an offer you can't refuse. Good, now that you are all settled, lets delve in. As you can see, I am a noble, far better and superior then all the lowlifes and common paupers around. As a result, I do not use anything that reeks of the commonwealth. Including Pokemon. Especially Pokemon. I have a list of about 39 Pokemon that fit my conditions. If it is not on there, I will only touch it with a ten foot pole, and that's if no one else is around to do it for me and I can get something out of it. I'm already degrading myself enough by traveling to Reborn. So, get ready, as a tale of tradition, hierarchy, and status shall begin. 

A noble of what rank?

Are you a glorious and majestic Emperor?

Are you a strong and great King?

Are you a prestigious and prideful Duke?

Are you a famous and fortuitous Count?

Are you an ardent and intellectual Baron?

Or are you some courtier in a backwater court?

3 minutes ago, Newt said:

wow what a rude noble I hope you choke on your gold.

How foolish of I to believe all commoners would have acceptable manners. Guards! Take this man to the dungeon, but make sure he can hear my tale.

..................on one hand, I'm intrigued, but I'm also pretty sure listening to this might anger me at times.    I'll settle for cautious curiosity until this tale of high status begins formally.  Regale us when ready, noble one.

45 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

Neato! So are you like a duke or a baron or something? Or a prince with a fabulous castle?

And what kind of pokemon are regal enough for you? Pseudos and sexy 'mon like Gardevoir?

I choose Pokémon who can clearly hold their own as the leader of their community, such as Pyroar, I might take on a maid or entertainer so as to try to maintain happiness, and I might take on all the blatant nobles of the Pokemon world. 

50 minutes ago, Velthomer21 said:

A noble of what rank?

Are you a glorious and majestic Emperor?

Are you a strong and great King?

Are you a prestigious and prideful Duke?

Are you a famous and fortuitous Count?

Are you an ardent and intellectual Baron?

Or are you some courtier in a backwater court?

I am indeed proud of my title, which brings me prestige. Officially, I am a high ranking Duke, which I find better then the  rank of being a King. Democracy has overtaken Kalos, so the title of King is more of a title of fame then anything. But I can sense a yearning in the hearts of everyone. They wish to be led by a king who can lead them to victory, glory, and power. It shouldn't be too hard, I am in line for the throne, after all. 

4 minutes ago, Amine Chankey3ft7 said:

How rude! I hope you step on a lego

People keep you do not know their place and need to be taught it. Guard, throw this insolent little rat into a pit of legos and make sure he can hear me. I am sure he is insane in the mind. I am not a rude person, after all. 

Your Lordship, would it not be more prudent to take the region by attaining elected position and then declaring yourself an Emperor? It would subvert the assassinations and baby killing house cleaning necessary to reach the throne, and provide legitimacy to your reign. Also, please don't thro- OW! DAMN IT! STEPPED ON A LEGO!! As I was saying. Please don't throw me in the dungeon. Please.

13 minutes ago, Candy said:

Funny thing that I was thinking of doing a "drama king" run of Rejuv (if I ever finish FEtR)... my character wouldn't have been as arrogant as you, though ;)

Arrogant? I am no such thing. How dare you accuse me of such a thing. I would have a lesser person jailed for such a thing. But I guess I cannot jail another noble. At least not so publicly....

21 minutes ago, SilverHelio said:

Will you acquire an Empoleon for your run? They are an emperor after all!

Or Serperior, who is Superior to all.

Empoleon. I have class after all. A Serperior just wants to be superior, which I am. An Empoleon knows it is superior and strives for more. It attains a higher title then the one I have currently. 

Our tale of nobility and honor and finding lost heirlooms begins here and now. The main character's name is Regulus, by the way. 

Princes and nobles, to most they are people who only live in fairy tales. To a good majority, democracy killed the nobility. But that is a lie. It only killed the weak-willed nobles, who gave up their title for government powers in the new government. Most thought of nobles as people of absolute chivalry or as greedy corrupt despots. We are neither dictators, nor knights in shining armor upon white horses. We are better then the common folk everywhere due to our history and our land. We are superior due to our manners. We simply are better in every way. Nobility was a curse at times. We were far too tradition-bound, although I will be the last to admit that, and we struggled to travel quietly and without stares. Like now.

The man near the train door held my ticket for an in-ordinarily long time. Did this commoner not know I had places to be, and heirlooms to find? Eventually, I snatched it out of his hands without so much as sparing a glance towards him and stepped on the train. I hated trains. With boats you had private cabins if you were rich enough. Private jets if you preferred flight. Apparently Reborn didn't have a working airport and the weather was too unpredictable to host a reliable one anyway. The water was so foul no one dared take a boat through it. Reborn was no place for a Kalosian noble like me. Unfortunately, my father, Lord Amber, had "convinced" me to head off to this slum. An old rite of passage in the family dictated that I had to venture to a foreign land and be successful in the league. That, alongside with some commoner thief stealing a family heirloom and running to Reborn forced me to arrive here. I was basically banished until I found the sword and completed the league. It didn't help that the Reborn Region was absolutely massive and considering its economic state, just about anyone would have stolen it. 

Lost in my thoughts as I was, I did not notice a white haired girl with an aura of grace about her slip into the seat across from me.

image.png.7e023e5b08d486d3b5533a366721144a.png

"Sorry, I got caught up. I'm Ame, manager of the reborn league." Manager of the league, a title of importance. It would be wise to be friend such a person. She rambled on about how great the league was that I started to think she was only a spokesperson and nothing more. "Almost forgot, can I see your boarding pass." The boarding pass, which lay empty in my pocket, could get me kicked off the train. In the end I decided to be honest. Maybe I would be forced home.

"Uh, my ticket was given back to me empty." I showed her the ticket. Ame stared blankly at it.

"Well... that's not supposed to happen. I'll register you in Reborn City I guess. What is your name though, or are you too secretive to tell me?"

"Regulus Arcwile. I don't see a need to hide that from you."

"Arcwile, I've heard that name before. I knew an Arcwile I think. She tried to become the ground gym leader I think. So, what brings you to Reborn."

"Family obligation." It was the truth; My family obligated me to go.

"Ah, I see." Ame said to try to prevent any awkward silence. "While I ho-" Ame stared behind me like she saw a ghost and I whirled around, finding nothing but air. She glanced out the window, grabbed my wrist, and pulled me through the window with surprising strength. I heard a loud blast of sound which set my head abuzz and my back lit up like it was on fire as I fell unconscious.

image.png.2095b27c66a8d128f07fd1bb6dd7c236.png

"Thank goodness your awake!"

"Eugh.... wha?" Brilliant first words in Reborn City.

"The train exploded as it pulled in the station. I wonder why someo-"

"Hihi!"

"Julia. What did you do?"

"Nothiiiing. I heard boooms and had to come check it out. Nobody and nothing goes boom without me."

"Uh huh. While, this seems like a terrorist attack. I should lock the perimeter down, we can still catch the terrorist. Regulus, I'm sorry but stay with Julia or go search for the Grand Hall."

Ame walked off and started yelling at a few of the average officers. Julia extended a hand and I took it. I would have to learn not to shudder when I touched a commoner. Luckily, the shudder was unseen due to me hunching over in pain from my scratched up back.

"Get up, lets go! Get up let's fight! Get up lets show them all our might! Whose ready to fight? OTS!" I stared at her blankly as I pulled a glass chip off my coat and tossed it into the water. It sizzled. "Pop Quiz time! Are you taking on the league?"

I might as well be painfully honest. "More or less."

"Yay! That means you get to fight me, the captain of booms, pep, cheer, booms, and bright things! Stop by sometime." I most certainly would not unless I had to. Julia had walked off and I walked along the streets of the slum called a city. One girl saw me and gave me a potion as I walked by, surely a sign of respect.

With a desire to get a better view I walked past the Grand Hall, it was certainly grand compared to its surroundings, and started to climb the bridge. I had barely stepped foot on it when a blond punk gutter rat pushed my back.

"Trainers only. Not you." I was appalled. This rat thought he could order me around.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Did I ask. No. Now leave, now." I took a step back and my hand went to the sword in the sheath on my hip. It's amazing what showing a little money will make people forget. It was a family heirloom passed down and used for traveling. It had seen many a land. I started to pull out the sword as a girl launched down the steps and positioned herself between us. She pointed to me.

image.png.32473191f5ef024b936e3fd2903ac1b1.png

"Let that boy go."

"Don't try to order me around, girl."

"I don't know who you are, but let's not be violent here"

"I am Regulus Arcwile. Now move aside. Now!" Was this girl actually trying to annoy a noble?

"Afraid I can't, I have to bring you into Ame. Run along now, blond boy." The blond ran and the girl blocked my attempts to chase after him. I let go of the handle of the sword and walked up the steps to the Grand Hall, making sure to walk ahead of Victoria . The Grand Hall was immaculate compared to the city outside, but it was a far cry from the lavish accommodations I was used to. Upon running into Ame, I was loaded up with useless gear of which I had far better variants. I let her be charitable and pass me a Pokémon, although I did try to tell her I didn't need one. Out of the selection, there were only two for me. A Snivy and a Piplup. I grabbed the Piplup due to the pride in her stride. I named her Catherine, after the great Sinnohan queen.

Upon returning downstairs, a purple haired girl promptly began to flirt with me. This, I could take in small doses. She was simply a goldigger and nothing more. That was, until I noticed and was a he. That shocked me enough that I hadn't realized I had agreed to a battle. It was one sided from the start. Piplup landed a powerful first hit, followed by a series of weak hits. Catherine gracefully sidestepped Nidoran's scratches and pounded the rat into submission. It landed one powerful hit near the end, but it was too late by then.

image.png.5f7111c6eb0ae1110c420aa3e0e462da.png

Upon beating Cain into the ground, Victoria showed up. A small bit of conversation happened, followed by Victoria challenging me to a battle. I pulled out Catherine's Pokeball and muttered "It's a duel then," as I sent her out.

Victoria was far easier in comparison to Cain. She sent out a Litten, which Catherine growled at, before the two traded blows. No fancy footwork happened in this fight.

image.png.c62fad75b51de06a04c1224b291d6540.png

As we walked over to get our Pokemon healed and aid Ame in our registration, she asked me a question. "You look familiar, like one of our temporary instructors at Apophyll Academy." I had never seen this girl before and she already claims to know me or my father? She sure was bold.

"My father travels about the world a lot, perhaps he has visited your academy." I had no clue what her academy was, nor a clue why my father would waste time in this slums of a region, but it would never be my place to ask. We got back to Ame at the desk, who gave us some traveling gear she had forgotten and wished us farewell. I waited for her to return so I could ask her a few questions while Victoria went ahead.

"I have a few questions I need to ask before I leave."

"Alright, shoot."

"I heard about this castle about a three or four miles away from the City. What can you tell me about it?" 

"Oh, you mean Vanhannen Castle I assume. The Castle is run by our psychic leader, Radomus. An aristocrat of some sort or another and a master of rhetoric. Relatively nice guy, although he is secretive at times. Why'd you ask?"

"Heard about it from my father. He said... Radomus? was a family friend from way back. " He was also a noble too it seemed. He would be a good ally to have. Perhaps he could help me once I found him.

"Ah yes, that rings a bell indeed. They were good friends I believe. Any more questions?"

"Yes. Have you seen a sword with an opal and topaz gem embedded in the pommel?" This was the important question. If she had seen it, then she was either a thief herself or she knew who owned it. 

"Can't say that I have. The only ones I know who have swords in this region are Titania, you, and Radomus. His swords are decoration so though. Why? Someone steal your spare?" Ame joked.

"Something like that, thanks. Oh, and can you tell me about Titania a little bit?"

"You sure seem curious. Titania is the steel leader of the league and lives pretty far up north in the Carnelia Region, with the water leader, Amaria. If you see her, try not to get on her bad side, for both our sakes." This Titania would be looked into. She had a sword, which could have been my family's, and was temperamental. I knew I was assuming things, but she was on the suspect list. Everyone was. Ame could easily be lying to me about the sword after all. It seemed I would need Radomus quickly if I were to have a trusted source on who I could trust in the region. I could have asked Ame, but Radomus would understand without too many questions; he was a noble after all. 

"Oh, and Ame, what is Radomus's last name?" Had I been a lesser man, I would have apologized for my curiosity. Nobles did not apologize to their subordinates, so I refrained.

"Vanhannen." I was confident I had heard that name before. I vaguely recognized Radomus, but the last name Vanhannen I clearly remembered. Mother used to invite them often to our galas, and I remembered something about Father saying they were odd but strong friends. Considering the slums that dominated the city, I could see why. You had to be odd to even tolerate living near the city. I left Ame and walked over to the line for Nurse Joy.

As I walked out the door I could hear a lowly fisherman ranting and raving about what could be his most recent catch. He grabbed my arm as I opened the door and pulled me aside. I shoved him back and wrenched my hand free. I grabbed his collar. "Do you know to respect your superiors, peasant?" I hissed out in a voice of cold anger. What did this filth think he was to grab me.

He nodded timidly.

"What, Meowth's got your tongue? Spit it out, I want to hear you. Do you know who I am, lowborn?"

In a low meek voice, the fisherman spoke. "....Yea..." His response was adequate. You did not grab a noble and then mock their authority with 'yea'. He had even left out the 'sir'. I let him go, hearing the murmurs around the room. A scene would be a bad thing to start, even if I was the victim. "Why did you feel the urge to grab me? Speak."

"Err, I, uh, you.....fell in the price range." He murmurred this, as if he felt compelled to say it but did not want anyone to hear. 

"And you thought I would feel the need to buy your wares if you reached out and roughly manhandled your superior? That is a crime against me, for a commoner to have the gall to do such a thing. In Kalos, I would have already run you through. I've done it before." The last bit might have been a lie. But only because my schedule had been too full for me to duel properly. "Give me your, quote on quote, 'bad-ass' Pokémon if you want me to consider letting you leave with all your fingers and limbs."

The fisherman gulped and handed me the pokeball with a trembling hand. "Thank you for doing business with me, I am sure you feel honored to have met a noble. Run along now." The fisherman did just as I asked and ran out the store. As I opened my bag to add this fisherman's ware, some gutter rat, for their was no better word, bumped into me, almost sending me to the ground. I whirled around to snap at him, but he was taking off for the streets with a certain Pokeball in hand.

I sprinted down the stairs after him. As I chased him to the Opal Bridge, a shadow lunged at me and knocked me down. It was the blond rat from before. Except he was worse then a mere rat. He was a treasonous rat. You did not hurt a noble on purpose or accident. I punched him in the face, got out from under him, and drew my sword. It did not shine in the moonlight. With as much malice as I could, I spoke. "Your line of faults never seem to end, do they. First, you denied me access, as if you outranked me and were aloud to do so. Second, you deliberately attempted to injure a noble. And lastly, you just aided a criminal rat in stealing from me." The rat I was chasing had already run off.

"Kill me and the police will swarm your ass. That man hangs out by the tracks. Your blade doesn't scare me, by the way." 

I took a step forward, and laughed internally as he took a step back.

"You think backtalking a noble will get your anywhere good? You are nothing compared to me, nothing. Thank you for the information, it does not pardon you of your slights." I feinted a lunge to spook the blond rat, who flinched away. I smirked, sheathed my blade, and went up the bridge so I could stare at all the run down houses and the murky acidic water. 

I noted a few things about Catherine as I stared at the water. The first was that her stance on my shoulder, for she loved heights, was that of a confident noble who knew her place above others. We would have been good friends had Catherine been human. The other thing was that Catherine seemed to be aloof, not requiring  the love it seemed other Pokémon so needed. She cautiously scanned the bridge for threats. As I examined the city, I wondered how I would find the old heirloom. The league would force me to travel, so I would have a good chance of potentially seeing it, but it was likely either under tight security or in the black market. Either way, I would likely have to fight for it. I couldn't even imagine how big the city is, much less how many gutter rats and lowlifes it held. I would need to find help if this was to be even near feasible. Hopefully Radomus. I wasn't sure I could handle another commoner at the moment. 

Edited by DigitalAmber

1 hour ago, DigitalAmber said:

Titania is the steel leader of the league and lives pretty far up north in the Carnelia Region, with the water leader, Amaria.

Yaw sure about dis son? I could've sworn Amaria told us she lives in Aventurine Region (after the conclusion of Blacksteeple stuffs)

1 hour ago, DigitalAmber said:

"Vanhannen." I was confident I had heard that name before.

Lul maybe you heard the name when Ame said "Vanhannen castle" xD

And great start ma boi. Also the blondie deserves to be part of the MC's group lul he's so fearless hahaha

2 hours ago, Jess said:

@DigitalAmber

*Names his MC Regulus one day after I said in Discord I've named my Normal mono MC Regulus.

*Gives me no credit.

Amber, pls.

Au Contraire. You named him after me of course. I am no thief, especially not of names and titles.  I actually was not aware of this. I came up with the name Regulus because it sounded formal. 

1 hour ago, Velthomer21 said:

Nobody can talk to a Noble like that. You should've left that blonde rat bleeding in the gutter, my liege.

I am starting to like you, maybe I should take your advice should I need counsel. I was feeling generous today. 

44 minutes ago, DigitalAmber said:

Au Contraire. You named him after me of course. I am no thief, especially not of names and titles.  I actually was not aware of this. I came up with the name Regulus because it sounded formal. 

Haha, I know, I was just kidding :) 

No worries! I like the coincidence, it's a good name I think!

I walked down from the Opal Bridge to fully explore the city's streets, but more importantly, find the gym. Multiple prostitutes and gang rats tried to assault me along the way, as they could all see the honor and status is my posture, but all were swiftly beaten down. The gym itself, was a bright yellow power plant absolutely lined with pink ribbons. The door was shut, and a note was posted on it. It seemed to have been written from a computer's way of speech, but it basically asked Julia to check out the factory. I sighed upon learning I couldn't battle Julia. Must everything be so difficult? If I could not head to her gym, I would fight her in the street. I searched Peridot and Opal far and wide and found a few new companions along the way. The first was Berlioz, the Meowth. Normally I would not bother with an alley cat, but Berlioz had an air of honor and grace about her, along with something else. She seemed trusting and willingly joined me. I called her Berlioz due to her odd collection of bottle caps, most of which carried that name.

Exploring the slums they called Lower Peridot Ward rewarded me with an old tattered fishing rod. The owner was leaving and felt compelled by the noble air about me to hand me one at once. Of course, he didn't say it. Another fisherman was trying to guard a swimming pool which has been turned into an aquarium. The poor fool should have known to simply let the nobility go where they wish. I beat him down and decided I would indeed fish in his pool, yielding a lovely Goldeen. I named her Ponyo, after a foreign princess whose detractors claimed had the look of a Goldeen. She seemed mischievous, but she clearly knew when to stop.

We encountered a Blitzl hiding between Julia's antennas, softly eating grass, as ugly and few as it was. It seemed to try to be absorbing the electricity. We caught him too. I named him Stali due to him resembling what could be a stallion. He would one day be a noble steed.

Lastly, I found Grace the Budew completely by surprise. She jumped unto me and would not leave. Her fall was indeed graceful, as were her movements, earning her that name.

Exploring the city also led me to find the thug who ran off, only for him to not have my Pokemon. I beat him down and gave him something to remember me by, a particularly nasty scar. Elsewhere in the city, a man had the audacity to ask if I was if the highest caliber, as if he could not see I was. I did he asked to prove it, having decided not to fight senile old men.

Some exploring led me to having a commoner force her Kriketot on me. She could not take care of it and she thought that I would want it. While I certainly could take care of it, I tried to refuse. I had until it made a musical cry which reminded me of its musical talent. Thus I dubbed it Bard. Bard quickly evolved into a Kriketune who was fearsome for its low status

As I walked through the city, I noticed an odd green haired man standing by a factory. I walked by him and leaned against the factory wall as I checked my Pokémon's health and noted my position, trying to make sure I understood all of the city's twists so far. I must have stared off into space directly at him for he seemed to take offense and walked up to me.

"Hmm,... Hey! What are you looking at. Got a problem?" "Do you want to cause a problem, because I would rather not." "You better not want to. You don't know who your messing with."
I had to let out an undignified snort at that. "I don't know who I am dealing with? Do you know who I am? Do you know who you are dealing with?"
"A complete whiny brat. Got that? The name's Fern. I make it a habit to teach whiners their place."
"A whiner, is it? But again, you still do not know who I am. I am Reg-"
"A regular whiner, I get it. I don't think you get that I am the top dog around here. I really don't think you do. Get ready for a lesson in class!"
"Hmph. I've taken those my whole life. They taught me that a lesser commoner should respect and obey. Now move aside." My hand went to my blade. Fern, however, had palmed a pokeball.
"Ah, I see. Too weak to fight me like a trainer." He sent out a Pokémon and I moved my hand from my blade to follow suit.

Fern sends out a Budew, which got tripped up by Berlioz. It then squirmed again and almost went limp in Berlioz's jaws. Fern lunged out to spray a potion, but Berlioz just used that moment to strike a critical strike on the Budew's weak point, its bulb. Another bite finished it off. Next a sandile was sent out. It sunk its fangs around Catherine, whose bubbles made it stagger and almost fall. Using this to her advantage, Catherine launched another slow stream of bubbles to knock it out. The last foe sent out was a Rowlet, who stared Bard, who was now out, down. Fern called out, "You think you can get away with that." To try to distract me. "I already have." And launched a powerful slice from Bard. The Rowlet rapidly composed itself and regained its bearings. Another slice and another peck and both sides staggered slightly. With powerful speed, Bard launched forward and delivered the decisive blow.
"Man talk about lucky. You truly have no skill. I am needed elsewhere, so. Later loser."
"It is Regulus, Regulus Arcwile! Take a lesson in etiquette in case I see you again." I called after the green haired disrespectful commoner.

I was about to to enter the gym, but Julia ran out and literally grabbed me by the arm and pulled me to some factory. I tried to resist, but she had an iron grip on me and grabbed my right arm, which meant I couldn't pull my sword out.
unknown.png?width=497&height=376
"You might want to stand back, Regulus." I complied. "Kaaaaaaaaaaa..." an explosion rocked my eardrums and the door was completely gone and it's frame was shattered. Julia started to pull me into the building until she saw Fern walk up alongside what could have been Fern's older sister. "Learn a lesson in etiquette yet?" I mockingly asked Fern.
 "Combustion heard, Julia's activity registered." 
 "While whaddya know! Boomies always make good friends! Regulus, this is Florinia, my BFF from back in school. Annnnd this is Fern. Hi Fern."
"We've met. Hello Florinia."
"Greetings reciprocated, Regulus" 
"Moooooving on."
"Hah! I get no respect."
"Maybe try to earn some the proper way."
"Like a loser like you knows what that it. Regulus and I have met. He's a loser, in case you couldn't tell."
"Time wastes. Let us proceed."
"Agreed"
"Don't mind her, she's always like this. Earned the name Flobot."
"Then I will mind her even more then. How do you do, Miss Florinia?" I said, trying to irritate Fern.
"Adequate. Time wastes. We should proceed."

As I entered the factory, I noticed two things. The first was that it looked dilapidated, even before the explosion. The second was that it absolutely reeked. The acidic smell made me want to be able to do more then wrinkle my nose and wince. A Skunktank smelled like a high end perfume compared to this. 
"Approximately 90% toxicity. The wine red hue indicates so."
Fern started to complain about hippies, but I ignored him.
unknown.png?width=500&height=373
"Look, Fred, do yourself a favor and shut up. I will not hesitate to run you through. I'm not sure I want your blood to stain this blade though."
"The path diverges." Julia promptly split off with Florinia, leaving me with Fern. As she passes she said, "Proceed with caution." "Always do sis."
"You were not the intended recipient of that statement." I had to hand it to Florinia. She was odd but she certainly could be disdainful and cold without coming across as mean.
"Floyd, could you not talk to me during this. In fact, lead the way. Obviously the leader and superior being should lead. Oh wait, that's me."
"You ain't superior. Stop putting yourself up so high when you ain't. I'm staying back so I'm not the first to die." Upon walking through the factory, two black jump suited people launched towards us and sent out their Pokémon. I sent out a Pokemon alongside Fern and pulled my family's traveling blade out. The attackers started to back away upon seeing it but the Pokémon did not. We got attacked by multiple other jump suited assailants as we walked, but they seemed to approach me with caution upon seeing my sword.

We reunited with Florinia and Julia, who were stuck trying to open a gate. Florina began to hack the gate's systems, but both Fern and Julia's impatience made me go look for bombs to blow it open. Fern and I fought competently enough and we retrieved the bombs. Much to Julia's ire, Florine's hacked the door before she could blow it up.

I decided to address my party's health for a moment before following my three companions. Upon entering, I saw a red-glass eye patched wearing man commanding two grunts, the commander. I caught enough to hear that these jumpsuit wearing gang rats called Meteor had deleted all critical information. The commander then ordered two grunts on us, Aster and Eclipse, who looked far more competent then the other grunts. They both sent out a Rockruff. Grace was quickly overwhelmed and in a matter of seconds, Fern was down to his Sandile. Fortunately, Catherine was enough to knock them both down with a few well timed bubbles. Riding her adrenaline high, Catherine became a noble Prinplup.

Seeing he was outnumbered, the commander quickly fled when we rushed in to aid Florinia and Julia. A few mere moments later, Julia told us to run and began chanting, "Boom, boom, kaboom, boom, boom, kaaaaa...." We were running after she said the first boom. The explosion hurt my ears, but none of us were caught in it. Fern made himself scarce, and Florinia handed me a custom made field notes app. Apparently it was to Julia's gym, judging from her complaints.

Julia's gym was a brief walk away from the factory after I had healed at the Period Pokemon Center

Julia's gym was fairly undignified in that it required me to blow up Voltorbs to proceed. A lesser man would have worried if they died or blown up. I eventually made it to the back room, Julia said a chant, and the fight was on.
unknown.png?width=500&height=372
We led off to a strong start with Berlioz forcing Julia to use a potion on her Minun, and finishing her off with a nasty scratch. Upon seeing her Voltorb, I sent out Bard. The Voltorb missed a charge bean and Bard almost cut it in two in one blow. For her Oricorio, I sent out Ponyo. She fell after a few hits, but those few hits dealt ample enough damage for Berlioz to clean up the bird. Upon seeing an Alolan Geodude, I reluctantly let out Catherine. Hopefully her weakness to electricity wouldn't make her obsolete here. Catherine blew a bubble that wiped out the Geodude that stood before her. She was stronger then u gave her credit for. To counter her Plusle and boost up Fury Cutter for what would be her ace, I sent out Bard. Bars did well but previous damage had prevented him from taking gone the Plusle. I threw caution to the wind and threw Catherine at her, who survived a shocking nuzzle and took out the small rodent. It was time for her ace. I don't know why it did, but it surprised me to see an Electrode facing down Catherine. She got wiped out. Grace stared down the Electrode and began to suck it's vigor out of it. Grace struck once more before I used a Potion on her. She fell the next turn. With only Berlioz and Stali left, I brought Berlioz out, who surprised the rolling bomb with his agility. After the well placed fake out, I brought Stali out. Stali went down, but his job was done. His unconsciousness allowed Berlioz to strike out at the Electrode while it was blinded by the Pokeball's flash. The cat survived the Electrode's explosive swan song and the battle was ours.

Julia handed me a badge she was having a hard time remembering the name of, but did say that it would allow me to train higher level Pokémon due to them respecting me. I was about to call her out on it, as a noble commands the respect of all Pokémon, but she handed me a TM and fell asleep. Luckily, it was labeled charge beam, so I knew what it was. I felt a smile enter my face as I walked out the gym to heal. Upon leaving, I ran into Victoria, who seemed to be talking to what looked like a maid in an old Gothic costume with a Gardevoir by her side. They walked away without seeing me.

unknown.png?width=486&height=375

"Hey Regulus, I see you challenged the gym. I was about too, but that girl-, oh she's gone now, was talking about how dreadful the Obsida Ward was. Apparently the plants are coming alive and attaching people. That girl wanted me to give you this, she claims you know her father. I can't remember there names. Sorry, I gotta get over to the Obsida Ward." I couldn't get a word in at the rate she was talking. The maid with the Gardevoir had gone, and I was left alone cradling something wrapped in a towel. I unwrapped the towel to see a creamy white egg was left in my hands. It appeared I had a secret admirer? Or maybe this was a welcome gift from someone? It could just be that someone wanted to win me over. Regardless, both Victoria and the maid were gone and I was left in the street holding an egg.

Catherine(Prinplup)
Spoiler

image.png.ed5ca62140587b9eb248b3b27f3dbba9.png

Ponyo(Goldeen)

Spoiler

image.png.093ee26356ca0c33a4c28aec3ca157c3.png

Grace(Budew)

Spoiler

image.png.55be81d5d5561c5fe5e0d5835ba204af.png

Berlioz

Spoiler

image.png.571b2b27ef2da2210bcffabcf7f8905a.png

Stali

Spoiler

image.png.4628ec9744e53dfdc8b553e18e4b6ad9.png

Bard

Spoiler

image.png.3b13e8ce9daf604652bfa0ab592e5290.png

Egg 

Spoiler

image.png.da36f04cae31c057766104bb75c22688.png

Regulus's Opinions on the cast so far

Spoiler

Cain: 3/10: He appeared to be a goldigger at first, but then I noticed his gender. I already disprove of him. As long as he doesn't flirt with me I might be able to tolerate his presence.

Ame: 6/10: Genuinely helpful by answering questions of mine and I can excuse her choice of pushing me out of a moving train. Neutral personality doesn't offend me. 

Victoria: 5/10: She has guts, that's for certain. She dove between me and a rat who deserved to pay for his disrespect, but she did inform me of a potential secret admirer and deliver me an egg.

Julia: 3/10: Something is wrong with her, and her cheery attitude is terrible and inappropriate for the scenario. She has a ruthless streak in her that needs to be toned down. She had no qualms killing a whole building of rats who got in my way, but she needs to learn subtlety. 

Fern: 1/10: He has absolutely no respect for his superiors and has the gall to proclaim his superiority over me. He has no prowess to back it up. 

Florinia: 5/10: Completely logical in her assessments. She seems like she would do good on a battlefield with her apparent lack of emotions and her ability to quickly and rationally assess the situation. 

Another fine victory, my liege, but I find it strange that you say that Fern has no prowess, at least, if he's the same Fern I believe him to be.  I had met him during my last visit to Reborn City while...doing business with....fellows...and he seemed to be quite talented, although lacking even a modicum of sense or respect. Maybe I'm simply biased, considering that those fellows helped me kidnap and disappear my uncle get one step closer to my rightful principality, but I expect you'll be seeing a lot of Fern. Unfortunately, or perhaps, considering how you describe them, fortunately, I've had no contact with any Cain or Victoria. Arceus's blessings, my Liege, and keep in mind, Audentes Fortuna Iuvat besides my uncle.