riddle mafia game over

Jace Stormkirk

welcome to riddle mafia! i am your host Jace Stormkirk.

Anyone new here who might be wondering about who can join this little game, the answer is, ANYONE and EVERYONE except for me :P. For anyone interested, here is a discord link to the Reborn Mafia Club Discord Community: https://discord.gg/qNfjbar

what is mafia?

Spoiler

Mafia is a game that involves mostly psychological analysis that you  wont even know you are doing. But the best thing about the game of Mafia? No matter what play style you have, be it Strategic and Statistic (relying on stats to determine your decisions), Follow the Leader Style (sheep (acting based on however someone you think of as being smart instructs others to)) or letting RNGesus decide (random with no particular reason) or even chaotic (anything and everything could be your decision (such as roleclaiming as mafia regardless if you are one, to read town reaction and get an idea of how others might think).

In Mafia there is two game phases.

Day Phase (This phase lasts 48 hours but may last longer if circumstances of the host change this):

During the Day Phase, players will be gathered here in this thread, talking about what happened the night before, who they think should be lynched, if anyone and what they think of the behaviour of others.

Night Phase (This Phase lasts 24 hours but may vary with the host's circumstances)

During the Night Phase, the thread is considered locked, no one may speak in there during this time (except for someone giving their last word if they were lynched), during this time is when most action occurs, where the abilities of players roles, the mafia's attack and various other things occur.

The Game Ends when one of the Factions achieve their win condition or it no longer becomes possible for anyone to do so.

opening narrative

Spoiler

It was a lovely day as morning arrived at the Stormkirk estate where the newest game show 'riddle me this' was about to start. Inside all the contestants had arrived and were chatting among themselves when the lights dimmed and the large TV turned on. 'Greeting contestants and welcome to my first ever 'riddle me this' game show. i am you host Jace Stormkirk and i will be your guide on this mystery game. Sitting in front of all of you are your tablets that you use to send me your solutions to the riddles that i give out. Be sure to read the game rules file within. I will give you all a moment to read over it before i show you the first riddle

abilitys

Spoiler

unlike most mafia games with abilitys in this version you an ability that can only be used the next night by solving the riddle i provide.....

but be warned cause if over 51% of the contestants get the correct solution then no one gets any abilitys (mafia group counts only as 1 person)

also some of the abilitys can only be gained if less people get the right solution

riddle will be presented at start of day and last 24 hours

abilitys will be listed in town/mafia format cause either side can get them but with different abilitys 

corrupter -  prevent person from solving riddle (if you get a mafia it effects the entire group)

videofile - see what someone else did last night

hacker- see if someone is town or not/ garenteed person elimination

antivirus/malware prevent someone from elimination/ extra elimination

Rules

Spoiler

(1) The Reborn Forum rules apply here.

(2) All Player Discussion must be kept in the thread; mandated special private chats may also be utilized. Other forms of contact outside of these such as Private Chats without the Host’s permission, IRL contact, and other methods are not allowed.

(3) Day Phase lasts for 48 hours. Players must make at least 2 posts and cast a vote per day phase (they are not allowed to cast a No Lynch vote). Failure to meet this requirement for two day phases (even non consecutive) will result in replacement or mod intervention.

(4) Voting is done in the format: [Eliminate] Player Name or in similar formats. Changing of votes may be done in this format: [Unvote] Player Name. All votes must be placed in bold or they are not counted. 

(5) Night Phase lasts for 24 hours. Players are not allowed to comment in the thread. Violation of this rule will result in warning (1st offence) and disqualification (2nd offence).

(6) Sharing of Role PMs – through screenshots, verbatim copying, or other forms – to other players is illegal. Consequences will be given to violators.

(7) If you are eliminated in any way, you may have a final post, that will not reflect critical game information such as night actions and the like.

(8) Actions – day or night – should be sent to me via PM (Forums) or DM (Discord).

(9) Editing of posts is discouraged. If you have minor corrections, you may do so, but if you wish to have additions, you must make a new post or quote your previous post if you wish to highlight the addition.

(10) Respect the host and other players! Have fun!

if you have any questions ask!

1 soyabean

2. mr. knightly

3. alaris

4. walpurgus

5. lykoshand

6. paul25

7. chromein

8. march hare divergent

9. megagun

10. newt

11 venus

12 purple cicada 

13 alistair

14 nick crash

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after about 2 hours had passed the tv turned back on again

"i do hope i have given you enough time to look over everything cause it is now riddle time! here is your first riddle:

nicolas wanted to enter a private club but he didn't know the password. he decided to spy on the entrance. a man walked up to the door and the doorman asked "12?"

the man replied "6" and was let in. a second man walked up to the door and when he was asked "6" he replied "3" and was let in

convinced he had cracked the code he stepped forward and knocked on the door. the door man asked "10?" and he answered "5". the doorman didn't let him in

what should he have said and why?

Another game to cast a blind vote on the first day... Not a big fan of that.

I've got a doubt though, in the rules it says that day phase lasts for 48h, but in discord you said 24h. Is it 48 or 24? @Jace Stormkirk

Also, I'm none too sure we should give away our impressions on the riddle... mainly cause if many people get it right we won't get abilities (cop, tracker or doctor roles). Don't you think?

That's true. However, the mafia has like 3-4 minds who can discuss it freely and that will make things much easier for them. They're almost guaranteed to always solve the riddle, me thinks. So maybe depriving them of an ability by all solving it isn't that bad of a trade-off.
Of course, ideally we should be able to play fair and just solve it on our own.

For this I'll assume it's 4 mafia.

According to the rules, mafia counts as 1 person, so even if they discuss it, it's 1/11 (9%). 

I suppose this means 1 mafia member gets the ability if they manage to solve it, and not all of them. @Jace Stormkirk

It's nullified if it's >50%, meaning >5/11

That said, in the worst-case scenario town gets 4 abilities for mafia's 1. 

If that's correct, then depriving everyone from abilities hurts town more.