What do you want the next starters type to be?

DarkFighter15

What secondary type would you like to have on gen 8 starters?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Fire Starter

2. 2. Water starter

3. 3. Grass Starter

Honestly speaking? I don't want ANY new starters, adding more pokemon endlessly just means their designs will get worse and their stats distributions will constantly break or change the metagame and not in a good ay, they constantly say in game to Love and Trust your pokemon but then they create a competitive meta that causes pokemon teams to have no real chance unless they fit the meta, that said IF they make new starters then they should do away with the constant popular types and give way to some fun new mix types or types that are curious such as:

Fire/Ice type, with access to Freeze Dry by level up, this starter once stronger would be known for it's unique flames which can either be ghostly pale and cold as ice or radiating warmth like the sun and be hot as lava, with a 4x weakness to rock this would be quite an interesting combination of types. It's odd combination of types gives to early access to moves such as Defog and Mist and it's HA makes it's fire type or ice type attacks have a chance to Burn or Freeze (both are checked for when the move is used, so if Ember was used first it would try Burn because the original type, then if no burn occurs it rolls for Freeze and if no freeze occurs continues as usual) along with any original effects the move had. It's signature move does double damage to a burned or frozen opponent but cures the ailment as a result with the type being different depending on the ailment (Fire if frozen and Ice if burned, Normal if no ailment is applied).

Water/Ground type, a distant cousin of Torterra's line, this pokemon starts out with just a small chunk of rocking growing from it's back, enough to be compared to an ant hill, but at it's size it is able to withdraw into this rocky mound to defend itself, it would be capable of regrowing part's of it's damaged mountain of a shell with ease, it's thought to be a man made cross between the Dwebble Line and Squirtle Line, though Turtwig's line may also be included. It is capable of learning many rock type moves by level including moves such as Rock Wrecker and Stone Edge. It is known to lay traps to defend itself while it rests by burying sharp rocks in the sand around it which is usually because it lives in sandy beach like areas. It's signature move can abandon it's Ground type during the battle to cause Ground type damage to the opponent, it will then adapt to the surroundings and adopt a new dual type by using the move again, possibilities being: Rock, Ice, Grass, Steel or Ground. The type change only lasts until the end of the battle.

Grass/Electric Type: What was once just a growing sapling of some unknown species of plant, constant exposure to the area's electrical currents mutated it, giving it life but also give it a magnetized field allowing it to blend in with any surrounding by adding a charge to any small objects in mass it can, similar to Burmy, use surroundings to alter it's later appearance, what's unique with this pokemon though would be the change is never permanent and it's signature move (haven't got an idea of a name for it) allows it to use this unique difference to it's advantage, the type and power of the move changes depending on how much it has gathered of it's camoflauge (starts at power of 60, caps at 110, every 10 battles in the same area will gather enough resources to raise the power by 10) and where it gathered it most, it also is not limited to only trash, sand and grass like Burmy but can also gather Snow (ice type), Water (wonder what type that is?), chemicals and waste (Poison), Feathers (Flying type), Scales (Dragon type) and Glitter (Fairy Type). The instability of control over it's signature move grows with the power as such, for every 10 power it rises, it loses 1 more room for failure simply put, it starts at 5 while at 60 power in which, if it picks up a different material type 5 or more times it will abandon all the resource it originally was gathering and had the type of and will start instead collecting the new resource, at it's maximum power it only takes a single wrong resource to lose it's grip on the rest as it has spent so longer concentrating on one resource it can't handle the different resource being introduced suddenly resetting the power and type of the move.

@DarkFighter15 Apologies for the lengthy response as well as vented a bit about my thoughts but I figured if i'm gonna submit which types I would choose then I may as well be open about my idea behind the types too.

Thx for the reply @Lord Drakyle :)

You don't need to apologize for a lengthy answer :D

And as for my suggestion I would want a fire/electric type :)

Will be a fire/electric from the first stage of evolution. It will start with ember and its signature move will be flamebolt - a dual electric/fire move (power between 80-100) with 30% chance of either burn or paralysis. Abilities - flame body, static HA - Paraburn (adds 20% chance to either burn or paralysis on moves having no additional effects). It will learn the move magnet rise via level up. 

Water/bug 

It will start with move bubble and will have its additional type from the start. Its signature moves will be - oceast roar - a dual bug/water type move (power between 50-70) that will make the target switch at the end of the turn and unlike dragon tail, roar etc., it will have a priority +1 but the opponent will switch at the end of the turn. (Or maybe the next turn?).

Abilities - emergency exit, torrent

HA - (no name yet) gives 50% or 75% chance to bug moves to lower speed (if the moves already have a slow chance it will increase by 70%. No effect in case of 100%).

I would also like a water/flying type but I will spare its details :P

For the grass type I would love a grass/ground type. It will gain its secondary type upon evolving once. It will start with move vine whip. Its signature move will be -  dirtweed - a dual grass/ground move (power between 80-100) that traps the opponent. Its ability - solar power, 

HA - reverse weed - makes grass type moves hit types that are resistant to it for super effective and types that are weak to it will take 1/2 or 1/4 damage.

These are the pokes I would like as starters in the next gen. :)

Edited by DarkFighter15

Fire/Fairy

Ideal species: Rabbit

Grass/Steel
Ideal species: Ferret

Water/Fighting

Ideal Species: Shark

This would be in my opinion and interesting starting trio. Here, you have two triangles. You have the grass-fire-water that goes in one direction, but then you have Fairy-Fighting-Steel that goes in the other direction.

55 minutes ago, Silvermyst said:

Fire/Fairy

Ideal species: Rabbit

Grass/Steel
Ideal species: Ferret

Water/Fighting

Ideal Species: Shark

This would be in my opinion and interesting starting trio. Here, you have two triangles. You have the grass-fire-water that goes in one direction, but then you have Fairy-Fighting-Steel that goes in the other direction.

I don't think the backwards circle is complete see the Fire type would help resist the Steel type making the type damage neutral no?

9 hours ago, Lord Drakyle said:

I don't think the backwards circle is complete see the Fire type would help resist the Steel type making the type damage neutral no?

True enough, but it still isn't resisted. Neutral damage can still be a deciding factor in a fight.

7 hours ago, Silvermyst said:

True enough, but it still isn't resisted. Neutral damage can still be a deciding factor in a fight.

To avoid derailing this topic any further the neutral damage would matter if they weren't 4x weak to the Fire typing