Favorite not so popular pokemon

Samtale

• Developers

I'm curious to see what pokemon people like that arn't considered overall like mostly legendary and fully evolved powerhouses or that yellow mouse you know that one. So things like first stage,middle evolutions or pokemon that don't evolve. Ones that get overlooked either do to the strength or they were late games in their respective genes

for me I like smeargle obviously(I've seen more people use it competivly but it still feels not loved enough :'(. ),dunsparce and quilfish

Rhyperior! \(•^•)/

Also Leavanny, proud member of my Black2 team for e4

Stoutland because Silk scarf Work up Return... it also have Play Rough now, so... kek :v

Vespiquen because im that one from few people who knows how to use this mon correctly

Shedinja because... yeah...

and Politoed because it is tank

+ for designs

Wimpod, Trapinch, Swinub, Stufful, Pumpkaboo, Larvesta, Joltik, Espurr, Zweilous, Spewpa, Marshtomp, Lairon, Grovyle, Frogadier, Fraxure, Bayleef, Meganium, Toucannon, Oricorio (fire one), Mawile, Lurantis, Lopunny, Delphox, Mamoswine

some of them are overshadowed by their final or mega evos and thats just sad

a fuckton of mons that a lot of people actually hate

starting off this list is of course bidoof and bibarel. not only those, but other regional rodents like raticate and diggersby are on my like-list. diggersby isnt particularly bad but I know a lot of people that dont like its face so theres that.

other than that, klefki being my favorite fairy mon should also be notable.

then theres stunfisk, durant, quilladin, dustox...

I actually like klingklang and cryogonal, though I'm fully aware that they're worse trash than garbodor as far as combat is concerned (seriously, cryogonal's Physical Defense is almost as bad as blissey's!).

I liked mawile for a long while, though that pretty much stopped counting when its Mega was revealed (not that I'm complaining about that, of course). 

I actually like marshtomp, bayleef, combusken, charmeleon, dewott, and wartortle, for as much as middle evolutions (usually) get ignored. You gotta give the effective teens some love too, ya know~!

While the eeveelutions are far from unpopular, leafeon is my favorite of the bunch. It is kinda funny how the pacifist of the group has the highest Physical Attack stat of them all, though!

I'm not too sure if this actually counts, but I prefer gourgeist over trevenant. The cursed tree seems to be the more popular of the two from what I've seen, so I'm gonna roll with that.

And finally, I'm gonna echo stoutland and wormadam-trash. The former was very helpful in my first Black run, and now has Psychic Fangs in its arsenal to further improve its coverage options, whereas the latter is pretty dang solid for the knock-off forretress that it admittedly is. I never did understand why the localization team decided to call it trash, though- it's surrounded by building insulation, not a trash bag! It would've been kinda punny if it were, though, given that it's a bagworm... like forretress.

I know Trubish, Chikarita and Oshawatt lines would definitely count for me. 

If Durant is unpopular like Bibs said, that definitely falls on my list.  Are Corphish/Crawdaunt unpopular???  I vaguely remember seeing them called that, though I don't know where.  If so, they would be on my list too.

Golurk is one of my favorite pokemon and I feel like it's overlooked b/c it's not viable in competitive and is from Gen V

Mr. Mime was my go-to psychic type in FRLG when my friends were in their "I'm too cool for pokemon" phase so I couldn't evolve my Kadabra. Also ppl think Mr. Mime is creepy/too humanoid but I think they're pretty cool.

Spheal is one of my top 3 "most adorable" pokemon along with Eevee and Ribombee

Also I'm seconding Tropius and Emolga as already mentioned. Tropius has a pretty dope concept as a giant grass type dinosaur and Emolga was clutch against both Corey's Crobat in Reborn and Valarie in Rejuvenation

While I tend to enjoy the unpopular Pokemon more, there is one in particular I want to bring to mention. The one, the only, legend himself...

...Luvdisc.

That's right, I'm probably the only Luvdisc fan in existence. Luvdisc is useless in every aspect of the word. It's stats suck, it's ability improves the one stat that didn't need improvement, and it's moves suck. Hell, it's design looks like a butt. Despite all of this, that's exactly why I love it; because it's so moronic, I can't help but get a giggle.

Luvdisc to me is like the Dan Hibiki of Pokemon. You should never use it, but if you manage to beat someone with it, you will truly crush their spirits. Luvdisc was actually the centerpiece of my greatest OU achievement: taking out a Tapu Bulu with Luvdisc (an itemless Luvdisc, mind you).

I mean, that's one of the few lines I like across the board, albeit for different reasons, so... there's that. Dusknoir looks cool, is fun to draw (in my opinion), and has a fairly memorable character in the Mystery Dungeon games. Dusclops has one a spot in my heart as the surprise MVP on my sun team in XD, which had neither the Reaper Cloth or the Eviolite, so I can attest that it holds well on its own. Duskull's also fun to draw and fairly cute, especially since it actually waves when it uses Shadow Wave. 

As far as what I've seen on this site in particular, a *lot* of people had been bugging Jan about adding the Reaper Cloth to Rejuvenation for their dusclops, so I don't think that dusknoir's all that impacted by the existence of the Eviolite in the casual world. That's just my two cents on the matter, though!

Edit: A quick look at Smogon reveals that dusknoir and Eviolite dusclops are actually in the same tier (PU), which is pretty surprising. I can't be the only one who expected one to be over the other, right?

Edited by Autumn Zephyr

4 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I mean, that's one of the few lines I like across the board, albeit for different reasons, so... there's that. Dusknoir looks cool, is fun to draw (in my opinion), and has a fairly memorable character in the Mystery Dungeon games. Dusclops has one a spot in my heart as the surprise MVP on my sun team in XD, which had neither the Reaper Cloth or the Eviolite, so I can attest that it holds well on its own. Duskull's also fun to draw and fairly cute, especially since it actually waves when it uses Shadow Wave. 

As far as what I've seen on this site in particular, a *lot* of people had been bugging Jan about adding the Reaper Cloth to Rejuvenation for their dusclops, so I don't think that dusknoir's all that impacted by the existence of the Eviolite in the casual world. That's just my two cents on the matter, though!

Edit: A quick look at Smogon reveals that dusknoir and Eviolite dusclops are actually in the same tier (PU), which is pretty surprising. I can't be the only one who expected one to be over the other, right?

wait

no reaper cloth?

nooooooo

So many people hated Popplio when it was showcased. I found Popplio to be adorable. And I tend to be a sucker for adorable Pokemon. Turned out Popplio was a good choice in the end anyhow. My first time playing, I got a female timid-nature one right off the bat playing Pokemon Sun, and she was not only a mainstay of the team, but my MVP.

Next, Mightyena. I love wolves (my fursona is one), and the dark-type wolf served me well back in emerald. Not only that, it got even better by Gen 5 with Moxie.

Cincinno is also an underrated gem. It's cute, and the one I got had Skill Link. After using a rememberer to get Bullet Seed and Rock Blast to add to tail whip and gave it a silk scarf, that one Pokemon demolished half of Ghestis' team.

• 3 weeks later...

klefki and scraggy while its not hurting on popularity its not on everyones 1# go to fighting type and litwick

Not exactly the most underused pokemon but meh they should be even more popular on my opinion

• 4 weeks later...