Blacksteeple Castle 'unwinnable' boss

TDoggyDog

Came across an interesting change in V10 for the Madame X fight, which might ruin some counters people have for the fight in previous versions.

Basically, Heatwave and Zen Headbutt have been removed, meaning she'll only use Decimation until it runs out of PP from now on, so the previous counter of using Phantump to make her use Heatwave until it misses, so you can curse, is no longer present. The only  way I can think of is using constant revival items to wait her out until she struggles to death, don't have enough items for that myself, but does anyone else have suggestions for other possible counters to her?

29 minutes ago, Mr. Finn said:

Perish Song, I guess? O.o

It's difficult to get one off with Decimation. you'd need a Focus Band or Focus Sash, I'm not sure if you can get one of those two that early. Or a Pokemon with Sturdy, but no Pokemon with that ability learns Perish Song.

2 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Do we actually know anything about Decimation at the moment?

Reveal hidden contents

Aside from the fact that it straight up kills the MC on contact, anyways.

I know it's 10PP, Priority move and is a OHKO move like Sheer Cold or Fissure.

• Supporter

Mmmkay, so if the move hasn't changed from v9 here is how it is defined in the PBS:

689,DECIMATION,Decimation,070,1,DARK,Special,100,10,00,00,1,bef,"The user aborbs the life energy from the target, leaving them completely lifeless."

So, from the top!

• 689 = internal ID
  • The next two are the internal name and the display name respectively.
  • 070 is the function code, which if the Essentials wiki is to be trusted means that it is a one hit KO move.
  • 1 = base power, which is meaningless as it is OHKO
  • Dark = move type
  • Special = move category
  • 100 = move accuracy in percentage format, so it isn't a no miss move
  • 10 = PP
  • 00 = additional effect chance
  • 00 = single Pokémon target
  • 1 = +1 move priority
  • bef = move effect flags (Protect/Detect will work against it, Mirror Move will copy it, 10% King's Rock or Razor Fang will cause flinch on opponent)
  • Last is move description.

So, the safest way to go is a Sturdy 'mon or Tsareena with Queenly Majesty.

• Veterans
5 hours ago, AiedailEclipsed said:

Mmmkay, so if the move hasn't changed from v9 here is how it is defined in the PBS:

689,DECIMATION,Decimation,070,1,DARK,Special,100,10,00,00,1,bef,"The user aborbs the life energy from the target, leaving them completely lifeless."

So, from the top!

• 689 = internal ID
  • The next two are the internal name and the display name respectively.
  • 070 is the function code, which if the Essentials wiki is to be trusted means that it is a one hit KO move.
  • 1 = base power, which is meaningless as it is OHKO
  • Dark = move type
  • Special = move category
  • 100 = move accuracy in percentage format, so it isn't a no miss move
  • 10 = PP
  • 00 = additional effect chance
  • 00 = single Pokémon target
  • 1 = +1 move priority
  • bef = move effect flags (Protect/Detect will work against it, Mirror Move will copy it, 10% King's Rock or Razor Fang will cause flinch on opponent)
  • Last is move description.

So, the safest way to go is a Sturdy 'mon or Tsareena with Queenly Majesty.

Neither work, it has an inbuilt Mold Breaker effect as of V10.

• Global Mods

So is there anything that actually would work as of V10? maybe chip damage from fake out / sand stream / snow warning / pp stalling for struggle, and lots of revives? or have they really gone all out to make it unwinnable? 

Prankster not working on dark in gen 7, and ignoring of sturdy really shuts down a lot of things when it comes to cheesing OP bosses like this. good.

• Veterans

A ton of revives to make it run out of PP, but even then it's Struggles are essentially OHKO moves in their own right. Quick Guard works too, to PP stall, I believe.

Quick Guard is the best and simplest way of dealing with it. You'll still need a revive or three because even Struggle OHKO's, but at least you won't need 13+ of them.

I didn't think I'd ever see a worse design and idea choice to top E8 version of Serra. Judging from what people are saying, I guess it now only has one move instead of a full 4 and simply spams decimation...which uhhh....I'm so glad I beat Madame X in V9 because that would've made for a boring fight. I'm guessing Protect doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure Fake Out Does for chip damage. I was gonna suggest Leech Seed Snover, but I supposed Heat Wave is gone preventing that option.

4 hours ago, pyrromanis said:

I beat Yveltal during Beta with the use of a single Revive! And tbh, I could have kept the Revive and just spam healing items in the end :]

Hide contents

The truth hides behind Medicham!

So then you'd just use endure and detect to stall I think.

3 hours ago, Civet said:

So then you'd just use endure and detect to stall I think.

Just Detect actually. Detect and sacking the rest of the team was enough to PP stal it. And thanks to 1 Intimidate Yveltal's Struggle couldn't OHKO medicham in the end, so I could spam healing items. I prefered to waste 1 Revive though just in case of an unlucky crit

Struggle's a bit of an anomaly in general, so I really can't answer there.

Since it no longer does anything helpful for it, I suppose the yveltal's no longer holding a Life Orb? It would be pretty silly if it still were, though it would make the fight slightly more manageable.