Titania's Diary Scenario?

OKAY OKAY SO LET ME START OFF WITH HOW PAINFUL THIS WHOLE SCENARIO IS.

No matter what you do, Titania naturally assumes you are lying and tells you what's in the diary anyway?

BUT THEN

When Amaria asks you what's happening, if you "Tell her", she says "You didn't read it... that's fine. I'll have a look".

But technically if you've told her, wouldn't you tell her what Titania just told you?

It is painful. It depends on what angle you look at it.

Titania and Amaria became lovers because Titania knew how mentally fragile Amaria was due to depression (we learn she has depression from Amaria's journal in Onyx )

and she became her SO out of pity. Not love. I was never in love but I can imagine how painful it could be to find out.

Even if you tell Amaria, she won't believe you. I mean, can you blame her? Would you believe someone when they'll tell you the one you loved for many years, slept in the same bed for so many nights, shared beautiful memories, did all of that out of pure mercy or pity? No. 

And her suicide attempt was to be expected. Depression makes you incredibly sad. Combine that sadness with the shock explained above, and boom. Recipe for disaster.

Spoiler

But still, she deserve it. Bitch tried to drown us later, in her gym/mansion, due to "drowning her" by telling the truth, in Reshiram route. She still wanted to live in lies. That is seen in the Zekrom route, where she just plays of with a fake smile when you search for her in the gym and when you battle her. She knows the truth, but just plays dumb to survive. Understandable, but unforgivable ( yeah, I hold grudges ).

In the exact scenario you mentioned, I've always interpreted that what happens is that you tell Amaria ... well, exactly what happened. That Titania thought you read her diary and didn't believe you when you said you didn't, so she talked to you about its contents. You would be telling Amy all the things you just found out, but since you said that you didn't actually read the diary yourself, she'd probably still want to check it out to learn the details.

Basically, you go "So... Titania just told me she's faking the relationship" and Amy goes "Is that so? Let's take a look".

Originally the scene with Titania's diary didn't even give you a choice not to read it. It was a relatively recent addition. Previously you would be unable to continue the plot of the game until you went and read the diary, so the whole scene is kind of working around that now by making it so that Tania doesn't believe you.

Since the scene has to end in Amy finding out the truth and jumping off the waterfall regardless of your choices, there's no timeline in which you don't learn about the diary's contents, and no timeline in which Amy believes you if you claim nothing is going on.