Reborn Theory: Shady business

uberle

Hello.

So now the club is up, and it time to theorize!

As you can tell from the title this theory will involve Shade, but it involves a bit more than just him.

This also explains a big question from E17. At least in one path.

So let's start with what we know about Shade.

Shade is an enigmatic ghost/demon with abilities such as instant transmission, seeing the future, being able to whisk away corpses without leaving so much as a drop of blood, and just overall being really creepy.

He can also see the same things Anna can, since he unlocked his gym after Anna claimed to have sent Nostra to him.

But the future sight part is the one I want to focus on here.

In the new E17 intro on the train he pops up right before it crashes, hinting he knew its fate.

And in his gym we see the deaths of 4 people.

Corey throwing himself off the bridge

Kiki getting cut in half by the Garchomp

Amaria throwing herself off the cliff with Titania running in at the end

And finally

Lin getting decapitated 

Now we've already seen one of these happen, Corey and Kiki isn't too long after.

Then we have a loooooooooong gap until Amaria, which turns out she survives, and we find out why.

After either refusing or agreeing to battle Taka and you leave Shade, once again, appears.

This time with a message

"Forget not:

Four screens foretold four souls' fortune forsaken,

For, forsooth, from foreshadowed, only two will be taken."

Nice alliteration there.

This confirms that of the 4 deaths only 2 will happen, which is why Amaria is alive.

But this leave one small problem.

This means Lin is immune as well.

Which explains why she's still alive after Titania runs her through in the Zekrom path.

She can only die as we've seen on the screen, and since two of the predictions have already come to pass taking a life with them, it seems Lin will still be alive no matter what.

Right?

Well maybe.

Technically the Amaria part did come true, it didn't show her dying, but everyone just took it as a sign of her death.

Lin clearly get decapitated, so either she is immortal

Or, what I believe will happen, she will truly die.

Because Shade said that only 2 souls will be taken.

As two have already died this seems a bit pointless.

But what if one person somehow came back to life?

What if Shade knows exactly how everything will play out and is waiting for the right moment to play his trump card.

And what would this card be?

Corey.

Seeing all the supernatural stuff Shade has done I don't think bringing back the dead is beyond him.

And if Corey is revived Lin's back on the chopping block as the final soul to be taken.

Amaria's moment to die has already passed and she's still living.

Lin getting decapitated?

It hasn't.

Yet.

But it will. 

Three screens have shown events that have happened.

I don't think they'll be wrong for number 4.

And when it comes to pass

So will Lin.

But that's just a theory!

A Reborn theory!

Thanks for reading!

Well, i have to say something, maybe he doesn´t refer to people dying, he refers to take the soul, and only one person we have seen that his soul was taken away, corey. My prediction is that maybe the four persons showed in the screen will die in a way or another but only 2 souls will be taken away. Srry for the bad english, no native speaking person here Xd

Hello! I'd like to add in my own thoughts in regards to Shade's message.

In Shade's message; "Forget not: Four screens foretold four souls' fortune forsaken, For, forsooth, from foreshadowed, only two will be taken." The key word here being foreshadowed. As we know, foreshadowing is an indication of a future event occurring.

If we were to assume that Corey's death is actually not foreshadowed, since it had already occurred by the time the player character is shown these events, a.k.a the past, then that would mean only one of the two souls were taken. (I am also assuming that the souls being taken just means death). So this would mean that Lin is not immune since Amaria is still alive after her event occurred.

While I am making a couple of assumptions here, I believe this is just another way of looking at Shade's message. His(?) message is very indirect, and can be taken quite a few ways, but this is what I think Shade means in his message and why he decides to show up after Amaria's event. I'd love to hear anyone else's take on his message. :D

Edited by SgtBored

Oh wait this got replies?!

Hmmm....

2 hours ago, Slith265 said:

Well, i have to say something, maybe he doesn´t refer to people dying, he refers to take the soul, and only one person we have seen that his soul was taken away, corey. My prediction is that maybe the four persons showed in the screen will die in a way or another but only 2 souls will be taken away. Srry for the bad english, no native speaking person here Xd

It's ok, I still get your point.

Yes, technically only Corey had his soul taken by Shade, but I don't think that Shade is the deciding factor here.

I believe that "souls being taken" simply means death.

But your point makes sense as well.

But I'd rather not think of Shade going around collection souls from the dead.

1 hour ago, SgtBored said:

Hello! I'd like to add in my own thoughts in regards to Shade's message.

In Shade's message; "Forget not: Four screens foretold four souls' fortune forsaken, For, forsooth, from foreshadowed, only two will be taken." The key word here being foreshadowed. As we know, foreshadowing is an indication of a future event occurring.

If we were to assume that Corey's death is actually not foreshadowed, since it had already occurred by the time the player character is shown these events, a.k.a the past, then that would mean only one of the two souls were taken. (I am also assuming that the souls being taken just means death). So this would mean that Lin is not immune since Amaria is still alive after her event occurred.

While I am making a couple of assumptions here, I believe this is just another way of looking at Shade's message. His(?) message is very indirect, and can be taken quite a few ways, but this is what I think Shade means in his message and why he decides to show up after Amaria's event. I'd love to hear anyone else's take on his message. :D

I think the Corey bit was there to make things seems legit.

And it can qualify as 'foreseen' since Shade probably predicted it before hand.

A problem with your idea of Corey not being one of the four is that well....

There are 4.

Something so important Shade says it 9 times through out his little prophecy.

And is Corey wasn't one of the four....

Where's the 4th screen and who's on it?

But your point with Shade's message being taken multiple ways is a good one.

He probably showed up because the player would be wondering how Amaria was still alive as Shade's gym has been 2 for 2 so far.

It could also be a warning to the player 'you have no chance'

Who knows?

49 minutes ago, uberle said:

I think the Corey bit was there to make things seems legit.

And it can qualify as 'foreseen' since Shade probably predicted it before hand.

A problem with your idea of Corey not being one of the four is that well....

There are 4.

Something so important Shade says it 9 times through out his little prophecy.

And is Corey wasn't one of the four....

Where's the 4th screen and who's on it?

But your point with Shade's message being taken multiple ways is a good one.

He probably showed up because the player would be wondering how Amaria was still alive as Shade's gym has been 2 for 2 so far.

Who knows?

I do indeed see what you are saying about Corey being one of the four. The only problem I have, however, is with Shade telling us this before Lin's event occurring, then what was the point of him showing us Lin's event? Although he could revive Corey, as you said, and it would give a reason as to why he even took Corey's soul besides just cleaning up, I'm not sure how reviving Corey would benefit in anyway. But maybe having Corey around is needed to fulfill whatever shade has seen? I guess we'll find out about that soon!

Actually, I just thought of a possible answer to my own question.(This is assuming Corey and Kiki were the 2 souls taken, meaning Amaria and Lin should be safe at least according to Shade's message) As we have seen from the first 3 events, all of them have come true even if it didn't result in a death. So maybe Lin ends up exploding somehow and everyone believes it's finally over, but only the player character(through Shade's message), Shade and possibly Anna knows that Lin is not finished yet.

I recall Anna not being able to see Lin when she was attacking Saphira and the Giant Steelix, maybe the explanation for that comes into play for explaining how Lin would be able to survive that explosion, hence keeping true to Shade's message where only two souls are taken from the foreshadowed events.

Just throwing some ideas out there to maybe turn on a light bulb for some people. :)

49 minutes ago, uberle said:

This caught my interest, I'd also like to hear more of your thoughts on this.

Edited by SgtBored

• 2 weeks later...

Came up with an idea! Surround shades gym with salt, and thats that hahaha...

Jokes aside everyone is forgetting a key factor in the backstory of Shade

At Lapis Ward in pokemon center a man tells us the tale of another man that fought Shade and bit by bit turned to a replica of Shade himself

The people eventually called this person: Savage....

So where does this Savage fit in this puzzle?

And if hes such a Savage why cant he do stand up and roast the hell out of some people, hmmmmm ever though about that???

Important question left and right , :P

• 2 weeks later...

For the above about savage, that is reference to Showdown’s Reborn League where a challenger named Savage ran a water mono, eventually beating the league. He continually lost to Shade, only winning because he out PP stalled a Shedinja(?). 

Now for my theory. I believe the two souls taken are and will be Lin and Corey. I say Corey because Shade was around his corpse and Lin because of a theory I have that Anna sees people’s souls rather then the people themselves. This can be supported by her comment about Lin not being their, Charlotte’s burn scars, and the MC “glowing”. 

58 minutes ago, DigitalAmber said:

Now for my theory. I believe the two souls taken are and will be Lin and Corey. I say Corey because Shade was around his corpse and Lin because of a theory I have that Anna sees people’s souls rather then the people themselves. This can be supported by her comment about Lin not being their, Charlotte’s burn scars, and the MC “glowing”. 

Actually

That made me think of something

If Anna can only see souls....

Then maybe we've yet to actually see Lin

Personally that is

Maybe all we've been seeing is a robot, or something like that

If we know anything about Meteor it's that they are very skilled with technology.

We might just be seeing an illusion from a PULSE Zoroark half the time, when she's not battleing.

Heck, this could be a Ditto.

If El could make his Arceus I think Lin could make a dupe of herself 

It would also explain how she got up from Titania's attack.

You thinking made me think. 

Maybe Lin was the victim of a Shedinja or other means of extracting the soul but leaving the body and the Lin we know is simply a soulless shell who cannot die because she isint really alive. Maybe that's why she needs us to get the pendents, because you need a soul to get them? Idk if Lin has been shown to hold a pendant. 

2 hours ago, DigitalAmber said:

Idk if Lin has been shown to hold a pendant. 

IIRC they have the Amethyst Pendent that Sirius got from Anna, back from when they were kidnapped after you beat Shade

Also El has the Emerald Brooch

We have the Sapphire Bracelets and someone else on our side has the Ruby Ring...

Did it get back to Heather, or does Charlotte still have it?

Doesn't Radomus have the amethyst pendent? Members of Meteor have the pendents, but I can't quite recall if Lin is shown to have handled any of the pendents herself? She might be physically unable to hold them in fear of consequences. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Shade's message doesn't correlate with the story anymore. Two souls were already taken, Kiki and Corey's. Amaria's event happened and she was unharmed and Lin's event hasn't transpired yet or never will be, considering her hollow body doesn't have a soul.

Unless... his message can still be significant if..

Kiki's soul might have never been taken.

Corey's soul was taken confirmed by Shade's Gengar named "Corey".

Yet Shade wasn't present in Kiki's death.

I maybe wrong, since taking of the soul basically means death. Corey and Kiki fills the bill.

Conclusion, if by possible Amaria dies in the next episode..

Then two of those might still be alive or perhaps as you say, revived.

But it is a long shot. 

I don’t necessarily think the taking of a soul means death. Or at least, death does not equal the taking of a soul. Kiki could simply have had her soul passes on to some sort of afterlife normally. I think a soul is taken when it can no longer move on to any sort of afterlife. Kiki died normally, but with an intact soul(unless her disease changed that) Corey lost his because of Shade. We know Eclipse has her soul incinerated, meaning it couldn’t pass on. She might be a shell. Lin could simply have no soul, and thus, no mortal coil. 

On 5/7/2018 at 9:31 PM, Maqqy said:

maybe wrong, since taking of the soul basically means death. Corey and Kiki fills the bill.

Conclusion, if by possible Amaria dies in the next episode..

Then two of those might still be alive or perhaps as you say, revived.

Well Amaria's time has passed

If she was going to die it would've been back at the WTC

I understand why some people want her dead

(though I think that the level of hate Amaria gets is uncalled for)

But I don't think Amaria will die

I'm so convinced on Corey's revival because why would Shade go through the trouble of turning him into a Gengar?

It makes no sense for that to be there and then end up just being ignored