Can you guess the answer?

Once there was a person who was accused of a crime (poor guy).

The judge concluded him guilty and was given death sentence (well maybe a criminal?).

He was told to say something and if what he said was true he would be killed in a duel by fierce chimpanzees and if what he said was lie he would be trampled by bulls. The execution was to take place in a collosium. There were some things lying around in the Colosseum like a torn red cape from a gladiator, a shovel (how come?), some animal bones and teeth and flesh(gross!), some tomatoes, potatoes and bananas (Who the hell throws bananas at gladiators? Huh)

The person was at a loss. (Now he dies for sure. He he) No matter what he did he would die. Guess what happened?

Your guess is correct. Like every hero in a movie he overcame the impossible situation and stayed alive (What!!?? Damn it) 

Well now its up to you to find out what he did! The real answer would be posted in 2-3 days if no one manages to find it out by then. Good luck

Well it is requested to not take help from the omnipresent god google but it can't be helped if someone does ( :()

A kind request to not take help from it.

And if you think it is a very stupid riddle and even a 10-year-old could have solved it feel free to criticize me :)

Spoiler

Man says "I will be trampled to death by bulls". Now his captors can neither have him killed by chimpanzees nor by bulls without contradicting the terms they set. Thus the man is set free.

I've already seen this riddle under slightly different forms :P

It's a nice one if you haven't encountered it anywhere yet though.

4 minutes ago, Alistair said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Man says "I will be trampled to death by bulls". Now his captors can neither have him killed by chimpanzees nor by bulls without contradicting the terms they set. Thus the man is set free.

I've already seen this riddle under slightly different forms :P

It's a nice one if you haven't encountered it anywhere yet though.

Yeah. I was gonna say that sounded familiar...

• 2 weeks later...