Sylveon vs Primarina

AlphaBran

Both hold a fairy typing with Primarina doubling in water/fairy. 

I've used Sylveon before so I have an idea as to how good the cutie is in game, but what say you of Primarina? How do the two compare? Which would you say is better for a run and Why? 

Primarina would be 10x better if liquid voice was something like pixilate rip

That said, I prefer primarina for dual typing of course, though I'd think pixilate sylveon with hyper voice hits harddd

Both are hyper cute fairies tho~

• Veterans

Primarina is absolutely superior. The fact that Liquid Voice is not very useful outside of Perish Song + Water absorb esque abilities is not really an issue.

Spoiler

image.png.54b6182ae19fd9d59b8af1f45c04fb94.png

Immediantly you can see it has a much superior special attack stat compared to Sylveon. While yes, Pixilate Hyper Voice hits harder than Primarina's Moonblast, Primarina's own Hydro Pump exceeds the power level of Pixilate Hyper Voice. This is not including the many fields which boost Sparkling Aria and the fact that Sylveon doesn't get Hyper Voice until Neo Reborn City.

Furthermore Primarina's superior stat distribution also means that it can effectively use it's other ability; Torrent, to turn into an absolute nuke when low on HP. You could cite availability, but even then, Popplio's technically available as a starter. Even in terms of defensive typing, Water/Fairy is much superior.

The only reason I'd see you wanting to use Sylveon is either A: as a cleric, or B: because you prefer the design.