The 7 Deadly Sins in Reborn

Q-Jei

Noice.I have to ask though.Why is Fern pride and not envy( i always thought he was envious of the mc),why is benet envy,why is lin greed and julia is more hyperactive than anything tbh so why is her sloth?

1 minute ago, Pozyher said:

Noice.I have to ask though.Why is Fern pride and not envy( i always thought he was envy of the mc),why is benet envy,why is lin greed and julia is more hyperactive than anything tbh so why is her sloth?

I think it makes sense for Fern to be the sin of pride. He disregards all his loses as a way of protecting his pride.

Just now, Pozyher said:

Noice.I have to ask though.Why is Fern pride and not envy( i always thought he was envy of the mc),why is benet envy,why is lin greed and julia is more hyperactive than anything tbh so why is her sloth?

Fern being Pride makes sense because he constantly thinks himself higher than everyone else, though Bennett would be a better fit as Lust i'm sure

Julia: At the end of the Gym Battle, she tends to fall asleep and has to drink coffee to stay hyperactive. Then, you can see her laying on a inflatable mattress in the middle of the flooded living room inside of the Fiore Mansion.

Fern: He boasts about himself repeatedly and pretends to ignore his defeats each time the MC beats him. The trap scene is a good example of his immoderate arrogance.

Lin: I hesitated between her or Solaris, but in my opinion, greed might be more suitable for her as she tricked the other members of the Team Meteor as well as the player to get what she wants (the 4 keys probably). Even if Solaris's goal is the same, that might almost be an equality between those characters, but as Lin is his superior, I put Lin in this category first.

Edited by Q-Jei

23 minutes ago, Q-Jei said:

Julia: At the end of the Gym Battle, she tends to fall asleep and has to drink coffee to stay hyperactive. Then, you can see her laying on a inflatable mattress in the middle of the flooded living room inside of the Fiore Mansion.

Fern: He boasts about himself repeatedly and pretends to ignore his defeats each time the MC beats him. The trap scene is a good example of his immoderate arrogance.

Lin: I hesitated between her or Solaris, but in my opinion, greed might be more suitable for her as she tricked the other members of the Team Meteor as well as the player to get what she wants (the 4 keys probably). Even if Solaris's goal is the same, that might almost be an equality between those characters, but as Lin is his Leader, I put Lin in this category first.

i thought sloth is being lazy

1 hour ago, Q-Jei said:

I'd argue against Fern being pride because it's very doubtful that he truly thinks himself better than the MC (or anyone). Ame has stated he's got a superiority complex, which, in her words, is " born out of feelings of inferiority. it’s just  away of masking them."
I've always seen Fern's theme as being about desperately trying to convince others and himself that he's as cool and talented and admirable as he poses himself to be.
I don't think for a second that he believes he's that awesome - he's just incredibly desperate for people's attention without knowing how to actually make himself popular.

I would say that Fern is more envy-like: His issue with the MC is that we have everything he wants to have. We're respected and well-liked (well, by a lot of characters at least) and talented (shhh, he doesn't know if you battled Solarischomp once or twenty times), we're (as of E16) hailed as a hero.
We've got everything Fern wants.
The same is, to an extent, also seen with his interactions with Florinia - notice how bitter he is that Rini's still got people admiring her and sticking up for her despite her attitude of not caring?

41 minutes ago, ArcherEric said:

Yes and no. The best way to put it is not using ones talents to better others or themselves. I'd say that Serra fits the bill best there.

Not sure who to put as greed but Lust is definitely Lin. The term reaches far beyond just a sexual standpoint. Elias might be good for greed. Gluttony is another hard one but I suppose Terra would be the closest.

5 hours ago, Commander said:

Yes and no. The best way to put it is not using ones talents to better others or themselves. I'd say that Serra fits the bill best there.

Not sure who to put as greed but Lust is definitely Lin. The term reaches far beyond just a sexual standpoint. Elias might be good for greed. Gluttony is another hard one but I suppose Terra would be the closest.

Concerning Terra, the proof is in the pudding!

Spoiler

During the first encounter with Terra in Agate City:

Terra: Exhibits A, and C. therewasanexhibitBbutiatehim. delicious. what who said that

Cain: Is it because of this place? That everyone falls asleep?

Terra: CORRECTAMUNDO. YOU WIN!!! YOUR PRIZE IS A BRAAAAND NEWWWW CARRRR!!!! butiatethecartoo. whoops.

6 hours ago, ArcherEric said:

Even if Julia is hyperactive, she appears to have a break several times. However, I have to admit that Blake might fit the bill as well, the 'sleeper agent' of the Team Meteor as we might say. After all, I can't put hyperactive people in this category without risk.

5 hours ago, ZEL said:

I'd argue against Fern being pride because it's very doubtful that he truly thinks himself better than the MC (or anyone). Ame has stated he's got a superiority complex, which, in her words, is " born out of feelings of inferiority. it’s just  away of masking them."
I've always seen Fern's theme as being about desperately trying to convince others and himself that he's as cool and talented and admirable as he poses himself to be.
I don't think for a second that he believes he's that awesome - he's just incredibly desperate for people's attention without knowing how to actually make himself popular.

I would say that Fern is more envy-like: His issue with the MC is that we have everything he wants to have. We're respected and well-liked (well, by a lot of characters at least) and talented (shhh, he doesn't know if you battled Solarischomp once or twenty times), we're (as of E16) hailed as a hero.
We've got everything Fern wants.
The same is, to an extent, also seen with his interactions with Florinia - notice how bitter he is that Rini's still got people admiring her and sticking up for her despite her attitude of not caring?

In the end, Fern seems to be a combination of the two sins (pride and envy) because he would like to be as popular as his sister, but he does it in a very swaggy way. Also he tries to reduce the self-esteem of the player more than one time and the fact that we keep his role instead (savior of Reborn) makes him more jealous towards us.

Additionally, everything is very hypothetical about Lin, but her unrestricted obsession for strength makes it quite interesting. Solaris and Lin have goals in mind, but they might not be the same.

Edited by Q-Jei

Hmm I think it would be better if

Wrath=Heather, gets angry almost all the time

Sloth=Blake, self explanatory

Envy=Cal, he envies Blake

Lust=Bennett, to Luna

Greed=Luna, not certain but she is the one who wanted to be adopted by Radomus and Serra which is both rich and she got luxuries out of it

Gluttony=None fits sadly, so Terra is ok I suppose.

Pride is good one there, it hits the nail on the nead.