Advantage of being grass

DarkFighter15

Advantage of being grass  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pokemon takes full advantage of being a grass type?

• Cradily
    • Ludicolo
    • Roserade
    • Ferrothorn
    • Venasaur
    • Breloom
    • Torterra
    • Tangrowth
    • Leafeon
    • Trevanant
    • Amoongus
    • Serperior
    • Chesnaught
    • Any other (except megas and legendaries)

Grass is the weakest type with 5 weaknesses and 7 types resisting it. It's main job is to support - through moves like leech seed and spore. Though there are some exceptions where the resistances of grass and the second type cancel each other's weaknesses pretty well. That and the fact that it hits water and ground hard which are the most common types is a plus point of grass. So let's see your opinion as to which Pokemon makes best use of being grass :-)

Nah. Ice is weakest type defensively. 4 weaknesses and only resistance is itself. It's one of the strongest offensively to make up for it.

Well, back to your question. I'd say type and moveset wise, Venusaur makes the most use of it's grass typing. It just excels at what it needs to do with it grass utility. The others fill their own niche roles, be it sweeper, staller, support, whatever. But not really because of their typing (except for Spore on Breloom or Chlorophyll Leafeon). But Venusaur makes the most use of being a grass type. Be it Chlorophyll Venusaur with Solar Beam or Mega Venusaur being stally with utility grass moves. Venusaur best grass type.

ludicolo

with the right setup this thing is a monster

its grass/water typing makes it invulnerable to move sthat are strong against it

also im saying this because amaria’s ludicolo swept my team 2 TIMES

I would not call Grass the worst type by a long shot. It's far from the best type, but I would probably say Rock is the worst, followed by ice. But, for the one taking the most advantage, Roserade. High spatk + Giga Drai, Leaf Storm, Magical Leaf (Technician) just makes things lie down

Aah it's so hard to choose. Well since my main Reborn team is grass mono I'd like to say that Ludicolo is a monster. It can manipulate the field with Sunny Day/Rain Dance, the stats are well-rounded and it makes Charlotte so easy~ Jumpluff is also scary with Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. It's so satisfying seeing your opponent can't attack and being sapped slowly to death~ Roserade is your offensive choice as its typing coverage is quite large due to Weather Ball and Extrasensory.  Serperior is also interesting due to Contrary Leaf Storm, its movepool is quite shallow though. Grass can take advantage of Field Effect since most of them can learn Nature Power. It's so fun and challenging to play with~

Competitively, I agree though that Mega Venusaur and Kartana are the best~