Why does the Ice Type Gym Leader ALWAYS gets crits in every move she uses?

Kouteshi

15 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

It's based on the field. evasion boosts = critrate boosts on mirror field I think,

Hum, it's a "boost" but i'm in this gym for hours trying to win to her and she ALWAYS lands a critical hit. If it's a "boost" then it's a 100 % boost because i can't win this gym. My team is really strong because i asked a friend to get me some good pokés. I got a really  OP metagross that can sweep most of the pokes but i can't do anything if she lands critical hits in every hit :/

I mean, this is so broken

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Kouteshi said:

Hum, it's a "boost" but i'm in this gym for hours trying to win to her and she ALWAYS lands a critical hit. If it's a "boost" then it's a 100 % boost because i can't win this gym. My team is really strong because i asked a friend to get me some good pokés. I got a really  OP metagross that can sweep most of the pokes but i can't do anything if she lands critical hits in every hit :/

I mean, this is so broken

If it had a total of 3 boosts to evasion, accuracy, critrae or accuracy/evasion drops on you, then that would give 100% critrate. or as people mentioned if they're using frost breath that just has 100% critrate naturally

• Developers

You can also take advantage of the field instead of destroying it. The field makes her very vulnerable to some threats like Magneton with Mirror Shot. When I tried it against her the Magneton was able to take out 5 out of her 6 pokemon. Then her Froslass singlehandedly decimated my entire team. :-D

No need to ragequit. This game is supposed to be challenging. All the leaders have some trick up their sleeves. You need to do your reasearch about how the trick works (using field notes and bulbapedia) and how to counter it. That's what the challenge is about. If a leader seems too lucky with crit, flinch, confusion or whatever it usually means they have some buff you're not aware of - item, field effect, ability or some combination of these. Everything has a reason.

• Veterans

Honestly, Serra isn't even challenging. It's just bullshit rng. There's challenging, and then there's the fun of having all your moves miss, getting crit and then frozen all in the same turn.

Go to either Tanzan Mountain or the Railway (I forgot what I did). Bring a pokemon that can OHKO a wild graveler. When you find one you don't KO because it has sturdy, catch it. The graveler should already know bulldoze which will destroy the field. You'll have to give up one of your normal pokemon, but destroying the field is worth it if you're having trouble.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 5:29 AM, Azeria said:

Honestly, Serra isn't even challenging. It's just bullshit rng. There's challenging, and then there's the fun of having all your moves miss, getting crit and then frozen all in the same turn.

Then you aren't manipulating the field properly. A lot of attacks that don't necessarily benefit Serra are boosted by it.

• Veterans
25 minutes ago, Zqrfmb said:

Then you aren't manipulating the field properly. A lot of attacks that don't necessarily benefit Serra are boosted by it.

I've done so plenty of times, it's incredibly easy to do so. Doesn't change the fact that RNG the fight is absolutely not an enjoyable experience.

I don't know what to say, then. It's a removable field that relies on accuracy/evasion boosts and special attacks over physical, turning some misses into hits and fucking with the crit odds. Serra is probably the most likely to get the field turned against her.