You choose my next monotype run !

FromHeavens

Which type for my next mono run ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which type would you like to see for a monotype run ?

• Normal
    • Fire
    • Bug
    • Poison
    • Ground
    • Grass
    • Psychic
    • Ghost
    • Ice

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/18/18 at 06:00 PM

Hey there, It's been a while since I've played Pokemon Reborn for the last time. I would like to start a new monotype run but I can't decide which type to use, so I made a poll to let you decide !

I'd like to do a very challenging run which will make me struggle and think, but more importantly it has to be FUN ! :)

I just can't decide which type to use considering that, so if you can tell my what type would you choose and why, that'd be much appreciated !

52 minutes ago, FromHeavens said:

I'd like to do a very challenging run which will make me struggle and think, but more importantly it has to be FUN ! :)

Bug. Struggle? Check (for sure).

Think? Check. Bug types are all about strategy, especially without stuff like Scizor and Volcarona.

Fun? Well, definitely check. I hated the type and got into a Bug monotype of Reborn as a challenge from a friend. Now I'm in love with the type.

Plus... Underdog winning sometimes is fun ;) 

the one thing Bug has over other types is versatility and utility. while not many are the powerhouses like Volcorona and Scizor, they tend to still have their use most of the time. be it with webs, set up or hax.

9 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

the one thing Bug has over other types is versatility and utility. while not many are the powerhouses like Volcorona and Scizor, they tend to still have their use most of the time. be it with webs, set up or hax.

Yes, exactly. That's why I think that, if you like thinking and not relying on brute force to defeat opponents, Bug is the best type.

Now, about hax... I guess you mean Silver Wind and/or Air Slash lucky flinches... But they are quite rarely used, even by Bugs...

• Global Mods
50 minutes ago, Jess said:

Bug. Struggle? Check (for sure).

Think? Check. Bug types are all about strategy, especially without stuff like Scizor and Volcarona.

Fun? Well, definitely check. I hated the type and got into a Bug monotype of Reborn as a challenge from a friend. Now I'm in love with the type.

Plus... Underdog winning sometimes is fun ;) 

Struggle Bug Intensifies. 

Sticky web OP though. I will stand by this forever

1 minute ago, DreamblitzX said:

Struggle Bug Intensifies. 

Lol.

Sticky web OP though. I will stand by this forever

Not more than Stealth Rocks.

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, Jess said:

Lol.

Not more than Stealth Rocks.

Against any type that isn't flying, I prefer an effective free +1 speed to my entire team than some chip damage

Against any type that isn't flying, I prefer an effective free +1 speed to my entire team than some chip damage

I won't get into arguing about whether one of the few things that make Bug types actually viable is OP or not... 

Different opinions, Let's stay on topic.

• Global Mods
Just now, Jess said:

I won't get into arguing about whether one of the few things that make Bug types actually viable is OP or not... 

Different opinions, Let's stay on topic.

True, sorry. BTW when I'm calling it OP, it's because I love it. Galvantula was such a valuable member of my team through Reborn Hardcore

I say bug monorun because bug type sounds like the most fun. Bugs have the most versatility in moves and are generally weak stat wise so you have to rely on strategy. Go bug! I actually plan on doing one in the future

10 minutes ago, Mr. Finn said:

Ice-types are overrated.

Ice? Overrated? I'd say everything but ice (and maybe bug) is overrated. Are you sure you don't mean underrated?

7 minutes ago, Mr. Finn said:

I mean, everyone votes in the Ice. Maybe, Ice is the second favorite type of Reborn, followed by Fairy, so that's why Ice is overrated. Not that I hate Ice (I love Ice and all the other types, except maybe Poison and Ghost), but I mean, I've seen two or three polls about next monotype being voted on Ice.

orly? Most places I see, ice is usually the least favourite. Which is kinda odd considering ice is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, offensive type. Granted ice is shit defense

I guess it's kinda understandable considering a large number of the few ice types that exist kinda suck.

You could say GF is really giving ice types the cold shoulder :P 

Edited by Dragoknight

• Veterans

I can absolutely see how a bug mono can be fun, but i don't particularly see how you'd struggle with it considering it's practically got good options going for it for the entire game. Hard monos would be stuff like Ice, Rock, Dragon, Fairy and Electric. In some order of that.

I've done several monoruns and I can say that Ice was absolutely the easiest one. The only struggle was to beat Shelly with only three pokemon. And even Titania was harder to beat  in my regular run (with a IV/EV trained Ground and Fighting team) than in my Ice mono.

I think water is the hardest type, as it would be a real struggle to get past the first two gyms. But since Water is not on the list, I voted Normal

• Veterans
5 minutes ago, Thiazzi said:

I've done several monoruns and I can say that Ice was absolutely the easiest one. The only struggle was to beat Shelly with only three pokemon. And even Titania was harder to beat  in my regular run (with a IV/EV trained Ground and Fighting team) than in my Ice mono.

I think water is the hardest type, as it would be a real struggle to get past the first two gyms. But since Water is not on the list, I voted Normal

Nnnnope. Hardest type would be Dragon or Rock in part due to their absolute lack of choices. The former is stuck with Noibats until Corey while the latter has jack shit until Shelly aside from Bonsly and Onix which is post Julia.

Water is as hard as you want it to be, it's BY FAR the most versatile type in the game and has easy checks/counters for -everything-. Marshtomp starter or Goldeen can shut down Julia, Ducklett from the Slums egg and the various other Pokemon you can get will do the same to Florinia. It's one of the easiest.

• Veterans
3 minutes ago, Zarc said:

For dragon run , you can always choose charmander as starter. He is not a proper dragon of course , but charizard is often see as a dragon , it's like gyarados. 

You'd still be left with Charizard, Noibat and Fraxure at the absolute most vs Shelly, which is uh, questionable lol. From experience, Shelly and Shade are some of the hardest bosses -for- a dragon mono due to them coming when it still has growing pains. Granted that's really the only spots where a Dragon mono has legitimate difficulty, after everything gets fully evolved, it stomps the game bar Titania. 

Thank you all for your opinions. :)

At the moment, the winning type is ice - which is my favorite actually - but as said earlier, wouldn't it be too easy and redundant ? I mean, the main strategy would be setting on hail and then rely on abilities such as ice body, slush rush and snow cloak.

At first, the most appealing type to me was bug, because I've never used it much, plus there are a lot of bug types in reborn which is pretty cool to build some strategies.

I love psychic type too but I don't know whether it's challenging or not, and there's already someone doing a psychic run anyway.

I love psychic type too but I don't know whether it's challenging or not, and there's already someone doing a psychic run anyway.

Yep it is me :P I know It's not the best one as others did, but I like it :)

My Psychic run

Must say it is sometimes a challenge(Vs Shade, Sirius, Serra(still hate this damn field), Shelly and I think Luna will also a little hard), but not always(Noel and Kiki as example, think Samson will also be easy, the beginning Pulse Mons)