Garchomp or tyrantrum

DarkFighter15

Who do you think is better tyrantrum or earthquakeless garchomp  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Garchomp without quake or ty?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/18 at 04:55 PM

I played them both on my last play-through.  Goddess help me the head smash misses and PP are :(

Also Garchomp is probably the best currently-released user of Reborn's dragonium-Z?

45 minutes ago, Rising Emperor said:

I probably say Garchomp not only is Garchomp faster it can go for STAB with Eq which will boost the attacking power.

they asked for an opinion of which of them without EQ is better.

As for my opinion Garchomp has all around better coverage options and stats

7 minutes ago, Josef said:

Combine both of them with Tyranitar if you want a good Sandstorm-Team. Especially since Hardy will probably use the Dragons Den field.

Well, thinking about a Sandstorm-Team, Excadrill with Sand Rush will be Monstrous xP

5 hours ago, Lord Drakyle said:

they asked for an opinion of which of them without EQ is better.

As for my opinion Garchomp has all around better coverage options and stats

I have asked only garchomp without earthquake not tyrantrum since it can learn it via level up whereas garchomp needs tm which is unavailable in reborn

31 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Garchomp is probably stronger 

but also way more overused. 

Tyrantrum has nicer abilities as a standalone pokemon instead of in a sand team

I m not using a sand team just need someone to beat electric types 

• Veterans
3 hours ago, DarkFighter15 said:

Also garchomp can't learn dragon dance and tm swords dance isn't available whereas ty can learn dd via breeding so....

Stomping Tantrum move tutor will be available once E18 comes about and that's a decent ground stab move for now. Garchomp's got superior speed and attack and doesn't have to rely on it's 'Nuke' stab having a -notorious- miss chance. THAT being said, seeing as you've got Aurora Veil support, set up sweepers are better for your team, so Tyrantrum is a good choice too.  For Garchomp I'd run:

Stealth Rock, Outrage, Bulldoze, Stone Edge with a Life Orb. Get rocks up, hit hard, get out. Then get Aurora Veil up, and get Blaziken ready to demolish. 

4 minutes ago, Azeria said:

Stomping Tantrum move tutor will be available once E18 comes about and that's a decent ground stab move for now. Garchomp's got superior speed and attack and doesn't have to rely on it's 'Nuke' stab having a -notorious- miss chance. THAT being said, seeing as you've got Aurora Veil support, set up sweepers are better for your team, so Tyrantrum is a good choice too.  For Garchomp I'd run:

Stealth Rock, Outrage, Bulldoze, Stone Edge with a Life Orb. Get rocks up, hit hard, get out. Then get Aurora Veil up, and get Blaziken ready to demolish. 

But accuracy problem could decrease with wide glasses and garchomp only has slightly higher attack and ty learns eq...... 

I m thinking when tm swords dance and earthquake will be available then garchomp will be op cuz we already have dig for more power than stomping tantrum...

• Veterans
Just now, DarkFighter15 said:

But accuracy problem could decrease with wide glasses and garchomp only has slightly higher attack and ty learns eq...... 

I m thinking when tm swords dance and earthquake will be available then garchomp will be op cuz we already have dig for more power than stomping tantrum...

Wide Lens also means no power boosting item, meaning Garchomp will be hitting harder right off the bat.

At the end of the day, your choice. I prefer Garchomp with Flygon as the alternative due to their much superior defensive typing and Flygon's greater speed + stab EQ and DD.

10 hours ago, Azeria said:

Wide Lens also means no power boosting item, meaning Garchomp will be hitting harder right off the bat.

At the end of the day, your choice. I prefer Garchomp with Flygon as the alternative due to their much superior defensive typing and Flygon's greater speed + stab EQ and DD.

OK thx I will try out flygon

Edited by DarkFighter15