Ev- 252atk 126 def 126 sp def 

Speed hindering nature

King's shield

Swords dance 

Iron head 

Sacred sword

Please tell is my team good or need improvement

Edited by DarkFighter15

Terrific team. We almost have the exact same Alola-Ninetales set so pretty good choice. If I may give an opinion, give Aegislash Shadow Sneak. It has great synergy with Swords Dance and also for you to have a powerful stab-priority Ghost type move on your arsenal.

If you really want Contrary serperior, why not replace tyrantrum with one?

If you have tyrantrum to counter other dragon types, i think ninetails should do just fine by itself no? (typing wise)

But its not like you really need a grass type for type matchups.

Not trying to nitpick but i think for Tyrantrum's EVs, I would go for max attack (which u already did) and HP/deff rather than speed. 71 base speed isnt bad,, its just.. meh.

Even if you have max EVs on speed, I think many pokemon would still outspeed tyrantrum. So go for bulk.

But u cant really do anything abt that since u trained it so its fine. 

But uhh please take my suggestions with a grain of salt, im not that into competitive so uhh u know.. not the best at this :P 

EDIT: Was about to leave the thread when I saw  @LemonJones posted andd he's right. Acrobatics hits harder without held items (kudos to you lemon for noticing)

Edited by Veras Lexritz

34 minutes ago, Veras Lexritz said:

If you really want Contrary serperior, why not replace tyrantrum with one?

If you have tyrantrum to counter other dragon types, i think ninetails should do just fine by itself no? (typing wise)

But its not like you really need a grass type for type matchups.

Not trying to nitpick but i think for Tyrantrum's EVs, I would go for max attack (which u already did) and HP/deff rather than speed. 71 base speed isnt bad,, its just.. meh.

Even if you have max EVs on speed, I think many pokemon would still outspeed tyrantrum. So go for bulk.

But u cant really do anything abt that since u trained it so its fine. 

But uhh please take my suggestions with a grain of salt, im not that into competitive so uhh u know.. not the best at this :P 

EDIT: Was about to leave the thread when I saw  @LemonJones posted andd he's right. Acrobatics hits harder without held items (kudos to you lemon for noticing)

I initially had the evs in HP but I found that if I do the evs in speed then tyrantrum will outspeed most pokes with 2 dds while HP takes 3 dds to out speed them and just having 64 more HP doesn't increase bulk that much so I decided to have it in speed

38 minutes ago, LemonJones said:

Flying gem pokes me in the eye here. Pardon my ignorance but what's the point of having it with acrobatics anyway?

Flying gem increases first acrobatics by 30% to almost 145

P.S.- it is the only held item for pokes with acrobatics

Edited by DarkFighter15

4 minutes ago, DarkFighter15 said:

I initially had the evs in HP but I found that if I do the evs in speed then tyrantrum will outspeed most pokes with 2 dds while HP takes 3 dds to out speed them and just having 64 more HP doesn't increase bulk that much so I decided to have it in speed

Flying gem is consumed before acrobatics is used so it doesn't count as held item for it and doesn't depower it

I'm not sure If 'm fan of that greninja.  Greninja is basically made of paper so I feel that weirdly split ev set is notworth it. Also I think hydro pump outclasses surf on greninja.

For elektros consider an assault vest. Shell bell is really not worth it.

20 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

I'm not sure If 'm fan of that greninja.  Greninja is basically made of paper so I feel that weirdly split ev set is notworth it. Also I think hydro pump outclasses surf on greninja.

For elektros consider an assault vest. Shell bell is really not worth it.

That greninja is worth it. I have won many sweet victories with it and surf is better than hp , 15 more accuracy and wide range at the cost of 20 power seems worth it

I will try the assault vest on eelektross thx for suggestion

Well, in my opinion your team is fine.

As I see, Greninja is a mixed attacker. I understand his point on your team with acrobatics and dark pulse, although I prefer using it as a special attacker and let the flying job to another pokemon, but it's not the case on your team. Also, thank you for the information, didn't know about the interaction of acrobatics and flying gem.

Eelektross is nice, not so fast for my taste, but because of it's movepool, I don't see it leaving your team (well maybe).

I'm not a great fan of Tyrantrum, I tend to use fast pokemons so Tyrantrum is not on my list. As I could see, the main job of 'Ty' on your team is to take out electric pokemon. So for substitute, Garchomp would be nice, strong as 'Ty' and faster, the problem is that you would have to use Dig or Bulldoze. You could mind Excadrill too, not great on defenses but strong and fast enough, those two suggestions learn Iron Head, so you could take it it from Aegislash and teach shadow sneak. If the only purpose of Tyrantrum is to deal with dragon types, A-Ninetales does the work well (as said) but you could use Haxorus or Deino.

I don't even need to talk about Blaziken right? Maybe the best pokemon over Reborn in most of forum's users opinions (mine included), perhaps you could switch Thunderpunch (which is a great move) with Brave Bird, it depends on the rest of the team.

A-Ninetales is also favorite of a lot of people here, maybe you should mind replacing Blizzard for Ice Beam. If you are using Blizzard to change terrain, then keep it, but if it's purpose is dealing damage, Ice Beam is more realiable.

Aegislash is nice too, I understand that removing a Stell move could be a problem but you already have strong moves against fairy, ice and rock so no problem removing it.

Regarding Serperior, people tell it's really good, I've never tested it myself. It's very fast but it's movepool is not so good so I can't quite fit it in your team. 

Here is some other suggestions:

Starmie is really fast and strong, nice movepool (Power Gem and Psychic through lvl up and Ice Beam and Thunderbolt via TM). You don't lose against fighting type (Psychic in place of Acrobatics on Greninja) and you could still teach Aegislash Shadow Sneak. If you go with Starmie, Brave Bird should be a new move to Blaziken to make up the loss of Acrobatics.

If want to use a Grass type pokemon I suggest Roserade (one of my favorites btw). Nice movepool (Extrasensory and Hidden Power Fire/Ice through breeding), fast, strong, good Sp. Def, useful (Toxic Spikes, Grassy Terrain to help within battles) BUT, I can't find a way to fit a Grass pokemon on your team without changing it too much. Maybe you could replace Eelektross with it because A-Ninetales can take care of Flying types. The same goes for Serperior, but I prefer Roserade.

Well, trainers tend to suggest their team because they think it's best. I tried not to, but it was hard (your team is almost like mine) so I tried to suggest others and tried to not change your team too much.

Hope it helps,

See ya~

• Veterans
54 minutes ago, Trufa said:

As I see, Greninja is a mixed attacker. I understand his point on your team with acrobatics and dark pulse, although I prefer using it as a special attacker and let the flying job to another pokemon, but it's not the case on your team. Also, thank you for the information, didn't know about the interaction of acrobatics and flying gem.

Eelektross is nice, not so fast for my taste, but because of it's movepool, I don't see it leaving your team (well maybe).

I'm not a great fan of Tyrantrum, I tend to use fast pokemons so Tyrantrum is not on my list. As I could see, the main job of 'Ty' on your team is to take out electric pokemon. So for substitute, Garchomp would be nice, strong as 'Ty' and faster, the problem is that you would have to use Dig or Bulldoze. You could mind Excadrill too, not great on defenses but strong and fast enough, those two suggestions learn Iron Head, so you could take it it from Aegislash and teach shadow sneak. If the only purpose of Tyrantrum is to deal with dragon types, A-Ninetales does the work well (as said) but you could use Haxorus or Deino.

I don't even need to talk about Blaziken right? Maybe the best pokemon over Reborn in most of forum's users opinions (mine included), perhaps you could switch Thunderpunch (which is a great move) with Brave Bird, it depends on the rest of the team.

A-Ninetales is also favorite of a lot of people here, maybe you should mind replacing Blizzard for Ice Beam. If you are using Blizzard to change terrain, then keep it, but if it's purpose is dealing damage, Ice Beam is more realiable.

Aegislash is nice too, I understand that removing a Stell move could be a problem but you already have strong moves against fairy, ice and rock so no problem removing it.

Regarding Serperior, people tell it's really good, I've never tested it myself. It's very fast but it's movepool is not so good so I can't quite fit it in your team. 

Starmie is really fast and strong, nice movepool (Power Gem and Psychic through lvl up and Ice Beam and Thunderbolt via TM). You don't lose against fighting type (Psychic in place of Acrobatics on Greninja) and you could still teach Aegislash Shadow Sneak. If you go with Starmie, Brave Bird should be a new move to Blaziken to make up the loss of Acrobatics.

If want to use a Grass type pokemon I suggest Roserade (one of my favorites btw). Nice movepool (Extrasensory and Hidden Power Fire/Ice through breeding), fast, strong, good Sp. Def, useful (Toxic Spikes, Grassy Terrain to help within battles) BUT, I can't find a way to fit a Grass pokemon on your team without changing it too much. Maybe you could replace Eelektross with it because A-Ninetales can take care of Flying types. The same goes for Serperior, but I prefer Roserade.

Well, trainers tend to suggest their team because they think it's best. I tried not to, but it was hard (your team is almost like mine) so I tried to suggest others and tried to not change your team too much.

Hope it helps,

See ya~

Reminder that A-Tales should have Snow Warning, meaning Blizzard is better for it in every way.

2 hours ago, Trufa said:

Hope it helps,

See ya~

Thx for the suggestions I will surely try them

Edited by DarkFighter15