ThiagoRiolu

Bugs.. I need help

I need some help

After downloading some pokémon games i started to have "copy" bugs, i save in one game and the same save is on another game and i lost some saves too.

So save files from other fangames are mixung up? Go to folders of those games and open a notepad file and screenshot its contents.

Also screenshot your saved games folders

@ThiagoRiolu Open the "Game" text file (not the game, but the text located in the same folder) and it will appear a text like this:

Spoiler

[Game]
Library=RGSS102E.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rxdata
Title=Pokemon Reborn
RTP1=
RTP2=
RTP3=

If you have made the same name after "Title=" for all the files of the other games, then that explains why the problem happens, because this will be the name of the folder in which a file is saved.

That could be the result of copying the files of one game and paste in the other games. So, please, make sure you delete them and extract the .zip or .rar in different places, so you will not have the same bug again. But try to check every save you have to see if it's compatible with each game.

I hope it helped. Take care! :)

I check everything, no same titles, not compatible saves.. i removed everything and downloaded again, same error but ty

I'm sorry, but I don't know what to say about the problem, I'm just an amateur in this thing. Well, Plok was a mod before and he is expert in this kind of thing, he can help you better than I can.

I hope he (or anyone else that's more qualified than I am) helps you.

Could you screenshit saved games folders?

8 hours ago, ThiagoRiolu said:

He means the saved games folder. You have to go to Disco Local (C:) > Usuarios > [Your user name] > Jogos Salvados

14 hours ago, ThiagoRiolu said:

I have a lot of saves...

That's really strange. There should be specific folders in there for the different games.

I have no idea of why is that happening. Both Rejuvenation and Reborn create backups (those files with your player name, time, and number of badges), so first of all try to identify the latest Reborn file and the latest Rejuvenation file and copy them and put them apart in a safe folder. 

I have to admit that I have never seen or dealt with this problem, so I don't really know how to solve it or what could be causing it, so results aren't guaranteed.

The first thing I'll ask you to do is creating folders named after the fangames you have: Pokemon Reborn, Pokemon Rejuvenation... then try put a save file there, name the file "game", open the respective game, load the file, save a couple of times and check if backups are created in the respective folder.

6 hours ago, walpurgis said:

That's really strange. There should be specific folders in there for the different games.

I have no idea of why is that happening. Both Rejuvenation and Reborn create backups (those files with your player name, time, and number of badges), so first of all try to identify the latest Reborn file and the latest Rejuvenation file and copy them and put them apart in a safe folder. 

I have to admit that I have never seen or dealt with this problem, so I don't really know how to solve it or what could be causing it, so results aren't guaranteed.

The first thing I'll ask you to do is creating folders named after the fangames you have: Pokemon Reborn, Pokemon Rejuvenation... then try put a save file there, name the file "game", open the respective game, load the file, save a couple of times and check if backups are created in the respective folder.

It started when i downloaded an fan-game "Pokémon Z", after that all of my fangames started to have the same save files

17 hours ago, ThiagoRiolu said:

It started when i downloaded an fan-game "Pokémon Z", after that all of my fangames started to have the same save files

It will take me a bit of time but I will try to look into it to see if I find a way to solve your problem. You might have to rename save files every time you switch games for now to avoid them getting overwritten.