Lapras or Sneasel

GameTrooper2626

Phew, that depends on what you want.

Sneasel (&Weavile) is a fast, hard hitting physical attacker, but it's a lot more fragile.

Lapras has better bulk and variety in regards to how you play it, but it doesn't have the raw power.

You can make a point for both, really.

Regarding the gym leader you'll face after Ciel 

Spoiler

Weavile's secondary type means it's gonna have trouble against Adrienn. Then again, it could learn Poison Jab (not sure if the TM is available at this point). I wouldn't expect it to take down the entire gym though

It also kinda depends on the team you've got around them. I'm a big fan of Weavile myself and had it in every run I've played so far, but I'm leaning towards recommending Lapras.

Speed is your best friend in this game, hitting hard before the opponent is usually how fights end up won. nothing against a bit of bulk. but the raw speed and power provided by Weavile would imo make it more beneficial. 

however in planning for the future...

Fairy gym, Steel gym, Water gym. weavile will struggle to help much in all 3. Lapras in that case might be the better choice overall due to bulk and typing

ofc personally i would reccomend neither and go pick up a piloswine (move relearner at the circus can make it a Mamoswine immediately) good bulk, respectable speed. fantastic typing, good moveset, strong attack AND a very good ability in thick fat.