Mega March Madness - Announcement and Preliminary Matches (GET HYPED)

NarutoK

Mega March Madness Preliminary Match! Mega Charizard and Mega Mewtwo!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see in the main tournament? Mega Charizard X? Or Mega Charizard Y?

• Mega Charizard X
    • Mega Charizard Y
  2. 2. Who do you want to see in the main tournament? Mega Mewtwo X? Or Mega Mewtwo Y?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/13/18 at 03:59 AM

Hello Pokemon People!

I'm pretty sure we all know what March Madness is. For those of you who are unfamiliar, I'll break it down into the loosest terms: A hyped tournament.

Mega March Madness is going to be a tournament to discover who the best Mega-Evolved Pokemon really is! And you guys are going to be the people who run it!

So here's the deal. I'm going to construct a bracket where each Mega Pokemon participating will be randomly placed.

For example, the first match could be between Mega Altaria and Mega Garchomp. The winner will be decided based on two main factors:

1) The community's vote - You guys will respond to who you want/think will win between the two competitors by answering the poll! You can also comment about why you think your choice will win! More opinions mean a more ferocious battle!

2) Type Matchups and Common Sense - If the community isn't exactly swayed towards one opinion due to a lack of different opinions or if the opinions are 50 - 50, type matchups and common sense will help determine the winner. So for example, if 20 people say Mega Altaria will win, and 21 say Mega Garchomp will win, the type matchup/common sense suggests that Mega Altaria takes the win. 

I have one more interesting feature: Hype Battles

So let's say we have two Pokemon battling against each other with many fans rooting for each fighter. If we get enough "hype" I'll do a Pokemon Showdown battle to determine who wins! Isn't that nifty! Also, the finals and third place battle will automatically be hype battles, but there will also be a community winner (one that's chosen by you guys).

Huh? Who am I gonna battle on Pokemon Showdown in the event of a hype battle? Let me ask one of my ~~zero~~ friends..

Ah! I've got it!

In the event of a hype battle, I'll randomly choose one of the commenters to battle me on Pokemon Showdown, they get to construct their own Mega-Fighter (the Mega Pokemon that they choose) according to move-set and ability as long as it's legal. Also, the item will automatically have to be the Pokemon's respective Mega Stone.

So I hope you all enjoyed this little introduction to the Pokemon Mega March Madness! Tag your friends in the comments, to come and participate! The more the merrier!

But don't think I'm gonna let you all go without a taster!

Mega Charizard and Mega Mewtwo (two pre-selected contestants) both have two Mega Evolutions each... SO. Right here. RIght now. You guys are going to choose which Mega Evolution will make it into the tournament! 

A-MMM_Prelim.png.299cd941104cb82fb938100cc8b53372.png

If you look at this bracket that I made, you'll see that Mega Charizard X is against Mega Charizard Y. The winner will actually be in the real tournament.

And Mega Mewtwo X is against Mega Mewtwo Y. Again, simple. The winner will be in the tournament.

The Charizard Match will be Match A. The Mewtwo Match will be Match B. REMEMBER. You vote for who you WANT to win.

So if you want Mega Charizard Y and Mega Mewtwo Y to win, in the poll, you'll answer:

A: Mega Charizard Y

B: Mega Mewtwo Y

The winner will be revealed in my next Mega March Madness Post.

Simple as that! Also, since there are more Mega Pokemon than tournament slots (46 Mega Pokemon, and only 32 slots ;-;), feel free to type in which Mega Evolved Pokemon YOU wanna see in the real tournament. I can't guarantee that it'll be there, but I can try!

I want everybody to have fun with this, so I request that there are no toxic comments. If your favorite Pokemon doesn't win, please don't get mad. This is all for fun!

If you, by chance, want to help out with all of this, reach out to me and I'll consider it depending on how hyped up this gets, and how many people want Mega March Madness, but you'll definitely need to have Discord if you're helping out.

REMEMBER! Tag your friends! More people means a better tournament, which means better battles, which means more hype, which means more hype battles! The list goes on and on! So come on everybody! It's Mega March Madness!!!!

EDIT: It's been brought to my attention that Mega Rayquaza is too OP. So just a friendly note, it WON'T be in the tournament. Mega Mewtwo, however, may or may not still remain, since I've already created a poll for it. Thanks for pointing that out @Wolfox

Edited by NarutoK

41 minutes ago, leo_the_greatest said:

I think the type match-ups are a little unfair because it's all based on random chance of who gets matched up with who, but otherwise great idea.

@leo_the_greatest

That's true 

As I said, the type-matchups only apply if there's a fifty-fifty result.

So it's not likely to happen, but I may just scrap that and turn a fifty-fifty into a hype battle.

Edited by NarutoK

this seems extremely interesting, but if I were you I would outright Ban Mega Rayquaza and Mewtwo, as they have a great advantage over many of the other mega's (allowing mega ray pretty much means what mon get's second place. And that mow will most likely be Mewtwo). If those could be removed it would make for a more fun and fair tournament if you ask me, and I'm quite sure others will agree on this. OUtside of that, color me interested