Decidueye for Smash 5?

I think most would agree that Decidueye is not only the most popular Gen 7 starter, but straight up the most popular Gen 7 Pokemon. The previous smash games and Pokken also kind of show us that the folks over at Nintendo don't seem to mind using the same pokes over and over (lookin' at you, Charizard). Also, I can't really see any other mon that would make it in. I doubt that they would just randomly pull a pokemon from one of the previous gens and the only other Pokemon I could see fitting would be Incineroar but... I mean, I ain't knocking you for picking Litten but, come on, Incineraor's pretty lame. :/ The Ultra Beasts are also just too... odd to be characters, except Pheromosa and Buzzwole, but honestly I think that if either of them made it in it would be Pheromosa and I feel there's not much to work with.

Personal Moveset Theory:

B- Spirit Shackle, chargeable, causes decent amount of stun which increases the more it is charged.

Side B- Brave Bird, kinda like Char's flare blitz, powerful attack with good KO potential but causes some harm

OR maybe Leaf Blade, a simple straight shot forward, good for attacking or horizontal recovery

Up B- Leaf Storm, Leafage, or Grass Pledge - Decidueye uses a tornado of leaves for vertical recovery and damages anyone who comes into contact with the leaves

OR Phantom Force- Decidueye disappears for a second and can reappear in an area and do damage when reappearing, can change the landing spot by inputting a direction similar to Shiek's up B

Down B- Sucker Punch, basically like Meta Knight's down b, but with the same animation as Phantom Force, so you can play some mind games with your opponent.

Final Smash- Sinister arrow raid- Basically a laser with arrows. I don't see how they could do it much different.

So, what do you guys think? Think a different poke might make it in, Gen 7 or otherwise?

Regarding Decidueye and Incineroar, I personally feel Incineroar would add to the roster.  Even though I wouldn't mind seeing both, I feel like a lot of what Decidueye does will be done by Link or Pit.  Where a new heavyweight/ cruiserweight grappler type would be a lot more welcome in my opinion.

I would love seeing both, but I'm leaning toward Decidueye mainly because it would finish the Fire Water Grass triangle. Incineroar would be something new in a wrestler fighting style tho.

Decidueye is a huge possiblilty. However, I have another prediction: if gen 8 comes out this year, as the rumors say, then the grass starter of that game will get into Smash. It will be very similar to Sm4sh, when Greninja was built for that game.

As far as I'm aware, GeameFreak has given no indication one way or another, and probably won't until may. I personally think that this will be a break year (every generation since 3 has had one), but we all know how much GF likes breaking patterns at this point.

Back to 5mash, may I play devil's advocate and suggest that we might be seeing our first NFE or non-starter in a while? Dartrix could potentially be a respectible fighter on its own, whereas crabrawler/ crabominable could give is a small bruiser if that happens to be a category the team wants to fill... for some reason (the latter would probably frustrate the Announcer a bit, too). Oricorio could prove to at least be entertaining, since the only thing that really changes is its element... though the costume design team would be annoyed with that one. I personally wouldn't be too surprised if a lycanroc form came up, either.

Of course, we're all pretty much casting darts and hoping to hit something at this point. Chances are, all my guesses are off- but hey, isn't that half the fun of the Smash hype period?

Edit: Apparently crabominable is 5'07'/ 1.7m tall. So much for being a 'small' fighter!

Edited by Autumn Zephyr