[Epilogue] Battle Royale: Pokemon Reborn Edition

Daniel Blackworth

Battle Royale: Pokemon Reborn Edition

Have you ever wanted to try being a vigilante with no restrictions on whom you can target in a Mafia game? Have you ever wanted to make alliances with the people you want to ally with? Or have you ever wanted to find out whom among all the Pokemon Reborn characters would win in a death match?

Battle Royale: Pokemon Reborn Edition will bring to you all these features. I am Meteor Admin Divergent and I will be your host to this wacky variant of Mafia. Experienced and new players are encouraged to join. Any queries will be answered by me.

I. What is Battle Royale? How is it different from a standard game of Mafia?

Battle Royale is a Mafia variant based on the Everyone is Mafia Mafia variant originating in Serenes Forest. The original variant was created in an attempt to provide a new experience to Mafia, without deviating much from the original game.

Battle Royale offers the following aspects:

- > Everyone is Independent: The players will not be aligned with either town or mafia; instead, they will fend for themselves and create their own alliances, be it an alliance that aims to help others or triumph above all else.

- > Eternal Night: This game will not have any Day Phases, meaning everyone will only be performing night actions until someone wins. Players may post anytime in the thread however.

- > Outside Contact: Players are allowed to chat with anyone in specified Discord chats. You have to include me in your Group DM or created Server with someone though, so that I can keep up with your actions.

- > Target the character, not the player: Instead of targetting a player with an action or an item, you can only target a specific character, meaning if you want to target someone, you need to know their character before you can target them. It all depends on how much you're willing to trust or betray someone ~ 

- > Everyone has the Vigilante Ability: Players can virtually target anyone they want to in the night with a Vigilante ability, wherein one may target one specific character each night. Enjoy attacking! No abstains on this ability.

- > Everyone has 2 Bulletproof Vests: With everyone having the vigilante ability, everyone gets two bulletproof vests to balance the game. A bulletproof vest protects someone from one vigilante shot. Being shot more than the amount of vests one has in the night means death though.

- > Did I mention everyone has another Role on top of that: Aside from the common Vigilante/Bulletproof Role everyone has, all players get the opportunity to have another role based on a specific character, which are based on existing Mafia roles while some are crafted.

- > Random Items for everyone: Everyone gets a free item, be it a weapon or a helpful item or a gift of sorts. It's random though, so what you get depends on your luck.

- > Survival: The win condition for most players is to be one of the last three players in the game. Other characters have different win conditions though.

II. Opening Narrative

"Where am I?" Shelly asked as she woke up groggily. She looked at her surroundings and saw the other gym leaders of the Reborn League and other renowned individuals. All of them appeared to be disoriented and confused like her.

They were in a typical classroom, except that the windows were sealed and the lighting was weird. Also, there seemed to be some soldiers outside.

"Sit down on your chairs." A man in his 40's told. "We'll be starting soon."

"Where the HECK are we?" Titania vigorously inquired. "I remember being in the Scrapyard a while ago."

"Quiet down and just follow!" The man uttered as he retrieved a gun from his waist and shot it in the direction of Titania, purposefully missing a few cm as a warning shot.

Everyone, even Titania and the mighty Saphira, had no choice but to follow his orders.

"Well, well, well, that settled things." The man said. "I am Kitano-sensei and welcome to the Battle Royale, where all of you will be killing each other until the best of the best are left!"

III. Roles

All players have an infinite number of vigilante shots and two bulletproof vests. Everyone has a random item, as well.

Aside from that, players will have an additional role based on a Pokemon Reborn character with specific abilities.

To aim for a character, players will send in via PM, 5 characters they want to play as. One character from the 5 will be chosen. In the case of overlaps barring a player from getting any of the characters, the player will be notified to give other character names. Selection will be done in first come, first served basis.

http://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/characters

Only Player Characters / Protagonists may not be selected.

Be wise in your choices ~ if you select a hated character, you may be targetted easily. No revealing of choices before the game starts.

IV. Rules

(1) The Reborn Forum rules apply here.

(2) Player Discussion may be done via the thread or in private Discord chats with other players. You may create your own alliances with Group DMs or Servers as long as you invite me to these chats.

(3) Night Phases last for 48 hours. All players are required to submit a kill target. Other actions are optional per night phase. Failure to submit a kill target will entail one self directed shot. 

(4) Everyone is provided with two Bulletproof Vests. Everyone also has one kill per night. You will be notified if a vest has been used up. If there are more people who targetted you in the night in contrast to your number of vests, you are eliminated.

(5) You may not SCREENSHOT any Game Moderator interaction; You may not SCREENSHOT any private chat messages with other people too. However, you may share Role PMs or fake them and share chat logs or fake them, in the best of your interests.

(6) You cannot target yourself unless your role states that you can. Alternatively, you cannot target the dead unless your role states that you can.

(7) You cannot target specific players. You can only target specific targets. For example, you can only [Kill] Fern, but not [Kill] Player Name. If you wish to make full use of your abilities, it is best to engage yourself in alliances and betrayals with others.

(8) Editing of posts is discouraged! If you wish to make corrections, you may do so; adding new content must be done by making a new post.

(9) The standard win condition is "You are independent. You win when you are one of the last three players alive." Alternate win conditions exist.

(10) Live, laugh, and enjoy!

If you wish to participate, comment below and PM/DM me with your characters of choice. Thanks!
Discord Server for Battle Royale: Pokemon Reborn Edition - https://discord.gg/xYa2ujX

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anti_Hero will also be participating

22 players rn

Current player list:
 1. Newt as ???
 2. Candy as ???
 3. Walpurgis as ???
 4. LykosHand as ???
 5. Roswell as ???