Help(?)

Veras Lexritz

This team is what I came up with recently, any suggestions would be very much welcomed. Btw i only have 7 badges and I know that in this game, you cant really rely on a single team to go through the entire story line, this team will hopefully be the main team i carry most of the time. There will be additions of other pokes along with training the reserves up, but that would be a topic for another day.

1. Me Starter: Blaziko the Blaziken

Ability: Speedboost

Moveset: Brave Bird, Bulk up, Blaze Kick, Double Kick (imma change this later to sky uppercut)

Item: widelens

2. Exa the Excadrill

Ability: Sand Rush

Moveset: Rock Slide, Sandstorm, Swords Dance, Earthquake

Item: Protective Pads(?)

Exa needs work I feel like, tho his ability is sand rush, i never really use sandstorm. I rarely sets up since he usually OHKO the opponents as long as theres a type advantage. Without Type advantage, probably SD once or twice then EQ/Rockslide.

3. Rosy the Roserade

Ability: Natural Cure

Moveset: Mega Drain (i wasnt patient enuf to wait and reach move relearner and get giga drain before evolving rosy), growth, toxic spikes, venoshock

Item: miracle seed

I could breed Rosy and go through the long grueling process of getting a new roserade with giga drain actually. But is that really the best thing to do in this case?

4. Eon the soon to be Umbreon

2 more slots and im not too sure what to use here. (Everyone but Eon is already EV trained.

In PC I got: Ampharos, gothitelle, onix (could evolve into steelix since i got metal coat), skorupi, feebas but no prism scale, archeops and a vaporeon, some decent Horseas, Seedot and Cubchoo, Cyndaquil

Ampharos, Gothitelle, onix and vaporeon are EV trained

Ampharos, Skorupi, Feebas, Horsea, Seedot, Cyndaquil and Cubchoo has great IVs (from wonder trade)

So what do you guys think?

What should I use to fill the last 2 spots on my team?

Maybe I need to cut one of the 4 from my main team? (cut anyone but Eon pls i love umbreon)

Or should i just ignore the ones in my PC and go get some other Pokes? 

Edited by Veras Lexritz

if you're breeding your roserade, give it Technician, Magical Leaf and Hidden Power instead of Giga Drain. a base 90 move that can't miss and is stab is a rarity, use that rarity

For Blaziken I recommend changing Blaze kick to flare biltz and double kick to high jump kick this will give blaziken to use it attack power to it max potential. 

For Eva I'll change sandstorm to Iron head when get a move tutor so it a gain a new STAB move and use an ability capsule to change it ability to mold breaker. This will allow Eva to hit pokemon with the levaite ability.

I also like the gentleman ^^ stated change roserade ability to techincain it will do u good in the long run.

Same advice for Blaziken, and Excadrill is fine for now (Iron head is near the end of the current episode so not an option yet)

For Roserade the options mentionned previously are good, but there's another one great in Reborn. Grassy terrain and nature power, with an amplified rock. Grassy terrain can erase a field you don't want (great for gym battles) and boost you. Nature power turns into energy ball on grassy field (boosted 90bp) or abuse other fields. Giga drain would be nice too, but I guess you can always find an easier option from above posts.

One working perfectly with a field abuser roses are is typhlosion. Eruption, lava plume, nature power. The first two will turn the grassy field into a burning field, strongly boosting fire type moves, activating typhlosion's flash fire to boost it even further and weakening water moves. An eruption with all these boosts can kill even fire resistant pokemons

For the last slot I heard that Ampharos is good, though I'm not can of it. Drapion is good too. Sniper + scope lens + moves with high critical hit rate (night slash, cross poison) and all your hits are critical, quite powerful

Rosy with it's moveset, will be a powerhouse with Technician. So I recommend giving her an Ability Capsule to change the ability. For the remaining slots, Ampharos and Milotic would be great additions. You can get Prism Scale easily in Citrine Mountain I think but that is a little farther into the game so I suggest using Vaporeon first. 

You are using almost the same thing I used in my team, and I could beat until everything before Amaria without exchanges. I'll try to build your team with what you have plus giving coverage to all types, just like I built mine

Blaziko+ Speed Boost is extremely strong, I used exactly the moveset you are using, worked well for me. Types covered: Bug, Grass, Ice, Steel, Dark, Normal, Rock

Exa would only benefit of Sand Rush in a Sandstorm team, you would need two turns to set it up (sandstorm + SD) and it's defenses are not so good so I would go with Mold Breaker and Iron Head in place of Sandstorm (as suggested). Types covered: Electric, Fire, Poison, Flying, Fairy.

Techinician Rosy is the best! I can assure you. If you are going to breed, mind Extrasensory and maybe HP [Fire]. Types Covered: Water, Ground.

For Umbreon, it's really defensive, not my type of pokemon, so I can't tell much. I usually see people using it as a support for the team. If Umbreon is used as attacker it would cover Ghost and Psychic.

We still have to deal with Dragon and FIght

For the last two slots I'd suggest:

Ampharos. Good movepool strong and Bulky. A good moveset would be: Electric Terrain or Rock Gem, Signal Beam or Thunder Wave, Discharge and Dragon Pulse. Types Covered: Dragon.

For the last Slot I would suggest a Flying Pokemon. Let's assume your Umbreon will not attack at all, so we would still need to deal with Ghost and Psychic (again, I don't know how to use Umbreon in a team), so for that reason, I suggest Honchkrow, it's type cover everything left + Moxie Ability, makes it great. It's a little restrict in moves but for your team it would be good. Moveset: Brave Bird or Drill Peck, Night Slash, Roost and TailWind. 

If you need, I can help you with breedings. Also I have some Murkrows with Drill Peck and Roost as Egg moves, not good IVs though.

Hope it helped :D

So after reading the replies so far, I find that:

1. Exa: Switch Sandstorm with Iron head, Ability Capsule and get Mold Breaker. Suggested by: @Rising Emperor

I'm totally doing this, I feel like this should help Exa be more useful rather than SD + EQ his way through most things and just be left out when pokes with type advantage comes up.

2. Rosy: I should switch Rosy's ability to technician. I dont know the exact calculations but I think it should make MD more powerful than GD right? Along with miracle seed, this should hit pretty hard Suggested by: most of you hahahaha

3. Blaziko: There are a few opinions on Blaziko it seems. Firstly, I'm not too sure I want to have Flare Blitz.. I saw @Trufa's post where yes we have similar team composition and he brought up a really good point (in his post) where if I add Flare Blitz, this means Blaziken would have 2 moves (that hits crazy hard) that has recoil damage. And uhh getting Flare Blitz will be kinda pointless I feel like. Not that its a bad move, I mean it hits like a truck. Its just not that effective on a Wide Lens Blaziken dont you think? I mean Blaziken would benefit having Wide Lens so much more when it has Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut/High Jump kick rather than Flare Blitz and the other 2 fighting moves. Or is widelens Blaziken not best Blaziken? And tho I get that the point of speedboost Blaziken is hit fast and hard before the enemy hits you, having 2 recoil moves is kindaaa.. you know, risky.

4. Umbreon is uhh more of a staller I feel like. It was @ArcherEric's suggestion on my previous post and I thought that'd be nice. WHEN I DO GET TOXIC, WHICH IS STILL VERY FAR AWAY, Toxic Umbreon would help gym runs so much. And the fact that we get TM for Payback WHICH IS A RARITY TO GET GOOD USEFUL TM IN THIS GAME, its gucci. (I know TM availability in this game is made really dry for difficulty sake, but this is just ridiculous)

For the last two slots:

Ampharos:  I feel is easily a candidate since he has great IVs and is EV trained. My ampharos also has a pretty decent moveset: Thunder wave, Discharge, Signal Beam and Rock Polish.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:49 PM, ArcherEric said:

if your ampharos has electric terrain it would be a big help in the team

I like the idea of changing the field type to your advantage, along with what @Imperial suggested for rosy (since Ive never tried it). but is electric terrain a move? (excuse my noobself) If it is, that means I gotta get rid of a move for ampharos which most likely would be either thunder wave or rock polish. I find those two really useful so far tho. Although Exa has rock slide, its not all that reliable and I find it reassuring to have another poke that has rock type moves to deal with fire, flying. But I do get that it doesnt really cover his weakness, still pretty handy. Oh and you wont believe thunder wave helps in gym runs.

On 3/10/2018 at 1:18 AM, Imperial said:

Drapion is good too. Sniper + scope lens + moves with high critical hit rate (night slash, cross poison) and all your hits are critical, quite powerful

On 3/10/2018 at 9:22 PM, Trufa said:

For the last Slot I would suggest a Flying Pokemon. Let's assume your Umbreon will not attack at all, so we would still need to deal with Ghost and Psychic (again, I don't know how to use Umbreon in a team), so for that reason, I suggest Honchkrow, it's type cover everything left + Moxie Ability, makes it great. It's a little restrict in moves but for your team it would be good. Moveset: Brave Bird or Drill Peck, Night Slash, Roost and TailWind. 

I also agree with the two of you that Drapion and Honchkrow is a great pokemon. But I really hate the idea of having 2 pokemons of the same type, it feels like its really limiting you know. I get that you might do it for gym runs or sth but I usually keep my team as much type coverage as possible. Honchkrow is fine btw its super strong and the only double typings would be dark type and i guess thats fine since honchkrow should be able to beat fighting types no problem. Drapion on the other hand is a different story. Yes fighting types wont hit it as hard since its poison type, and it can help with fairy types too but both of its types are already covered by Rosy and Eon. Not too mention having weakness to ground type is a minus since my team is already kinda weak to ground types (Blaziko, Exa, Ampharos if i do add it)

On 3/10/2018 at 10:33 AM, Maqqy said:

For the remaining slots, Ampharos and Milotic would be great additions. You can get Prism Scale easily in Citrine Mountain I think but that is a little farther into the game so I suggest using Vaporeon first. 

Yes I would love a milotic, probably one of my top 5 fav water types and vaporeon isnt bad too. The issue here is thatYes they both have high sp attacks, and can learn ice type attacks so dragon type shouldnt be a biggie. The problem for me is that theyre both Sp Def walls (covered by Umbreon). Tho having them two would make my pokes balanced typing wise, I dont think I have a Def wall. Or does Ampharos covers this? But I thought Ampharos has higher Sp Def than Def. But I guess he's bulky enough to be one. 

As of right now my team would probably be: Blaziken, Excadrill, Roserade, Umbreon, Ampharos, Honchkrow/Vaporeon(later changed to milotic)

Edited by Veras Lexritz

7 badges hmm next gym is psychic gym. so Roserade and Blaziken might have to sit that one out i am sure Drapion and Honchkrow can pretty much cover them. As for team balance and coverage adding in Ampharos and Archeops would be a good option for the 2 slots remaining as they both have a wide move pool and can lots of different types of moves. Archeops is a good partner for Excadrill as EQ does not affect it and it also deals a lot of dmg in 2v2. Moveset for Acheops and Ampharos are below.

Spoiler

Acheops

Ability:Defeatist

Dragon claw

U-turn

Arcobatics

Rock slide

Ampharos

Ability:Static

Dragon Pulse

Discharge

Power Gem/Electric Terrain

Signal Beam

Things to add as subs a team of 5-6 pokemon with pick up ability meowth,skitty anything with pick up. why prep a pick up team you say free items when EV training saves money which is needed in later parts of game. meowth is good candidate cause payday pays. 

Ok Im totally down with using ampharos and archeops. Im actually currently leveling them up to my main teams levels. For the subs team, so thats for like cash grinding right? I think imma do that since im running really low on cash buying potions and stuff. Thankyou for the suggestion and advice :D @Luna