Pokemon Reborn E18 Sneak Peek Theory Part 2

MadHappy

If you didn't read part 1, click here.

Hello dear readers, here I am for part 2 of my Sneak Peek Theory.

Last time, we established that the message could be from someone in love, almost obsessed with the particular person. 

"I will always love you more than she, or anyone else, ever could".

Last time, I tried to establish that it was a message from beyond the graaave!

I had a theory in mind, which I was suppose to write it today, continuing from the one I posted yesterday.

However...

In the last post, as I was reading the comments, and some of you reminded me of someone.

And I had a revelation.

For me, the message now gives me emotional vibe, as it truly represents the love for one to another. But you can also feel some sadness. 

Now, let's step back and think. Who is one character who displays no emotion in the entire game. Any other characters displays fear, anger, sadness, fury. And no, I don't mean Lin. Even she displays emotional superiority. 

I mean Florina [ or Flobot, as Jacka$$ ( my nickname for Fern ) likes to call her, or Rini as Julia likes to].

Let's step back and remember Onyx School. 

You make your way through the school ( after Jacka$$ locks the faster route ) and you arrive to Floor 2 ( or 1, depends where you live ). There are 3 rooms open in which you can enter. In the first, you get the Coin Case for the Onyx Arcade, in the second you find the glitched PC from where you get Porygon. 

The third, however, is the largest, consisting of 3 rooms: 2 dorm and a small living. You find 4 journals in this room : Julia's, Florina's, Titania's, and Amaria's journals, all in the bookcases. Reading Titania's gives you nothing ( as she expected someone to read it and left a mean comment ), Julia's just speaks of how she was made Captain Cheerleader and how Amaria quited, and Amaria's talks about her depression and loneliness, even after being made Captain ( Julia's entry is more recent, as Amaria's is older ). 

Florina's however says the following

"Dear Diary,

This will be my final entry. The retention of emotions has proven veritably counter-productive. Irrational thoughts and feelings remain a sever detriment of work efficiency. Moreover, they appear to invariably breed scorn in those with whom they are shared. This writer has lost much on behalf of there turbulent confounding variables. Emotional excision has thereby been deemed necessary, beginning with the termination of archiving.

Farewell."

We can see she already started speaking in technical therms, displaying little to no emotion. It's clear that she is sad, as the diary contains the last

time she displays emotion ( to my knowledge and memory, at least ). Julia said in her entry that Florina used to be shy. Now, she abandoned all emotion. But why?

My theory? Florina made this message, she was ( and still is ) in love with Titania or Amaria.

Put it this way. Florina, a shy girl, shared the dorm with Julia, Amaria and Titania. She began to develop feelings for Titania/Amaria, which continued. But Titania formed a couple with Amaria ( out of pity, we found out later ). This made Florina sad, sadder than she ever was. She decided to cope with this feeling by blocking out all emotion. We can see it in the way she talks. Even her walking animation displays mechanical-like movement. Most of the NPC "bounce" a little when moving. Florina just...slides. 

Moreover, near the start of the game, in older versions, after the raid on the first Meteor Base ( where you're teamed up with Jacka$$ ), Julia says Florina "hasn't been the same since..." "Since Titania"- completes Fern ( that's how I remember it at least ). 

This shows us that Florina had some degree of emotion, completely removing them after seeing Titania and Amaria together, not knowing the circumstances of them coming together. 

Now that we have this theory, let's break the message down, once again : 

"I ( Florina )  will always love you ( Titania ) more than she ( Amaria ), or anyone else, ever could". 

or better yet:

"I ( Florina )  will always love you ( Amaria ) more than she ( Titania ), or anyone else, ever could". 

Now, the message could've been recorded in the past. This could be Florina's confession before blocking her emotions.

The title of EP18 "Void-kissed" suggests this. In the last topic we established what the Void is : 

The Void is the philosophical concept of nothingness manifested. The manifestation of nothingness is closely associated with the contemplation of emptiness, and with human attempts to identify and personify it.

The nothingness manifested. Florina surely felt great sadness, blocking out all emotion to stop the dreadful feeling. Her words, her actions display cold mechanical structure. No emotion. They feel empty. Nothingness manifested.

So, this is my theory, and you accepted or not, there are some arguments you have to agree to, and I have no doubt you, my dear readers, have your own theories as well. 

We will find our answer when Ame releases the episode.

In the meantime, always remember:

It's our job to Reborn Theory!

( I should to stop with the lame GameTheory ripoff.....But I won't :D )

Thank you all for taking your time reading this and my last theory. I know it's not good structured, but hey, what can you do.

I'd like to thank walpurgis , Lord Drakyle and Maqqy for reminding me of Florina, but also GS BALL for giving me another theory idea 

( that is, if you want to hear more theories from your buddy MadHappy. I'll post a sometime to see if you guys like my theories, and if I should continue making them )

If you could, comment if you like my theories.

And as a side note :

Me and leo_the_greatest  have teamed up to give you a new group:

Reborn Theory

A group dedicated to theories of this game and maybe others. Only theories, coming from all the community members. As for now, the request is still pending. But once it's accepted and the group is created, I will invite you to join and make theories. Let's make MatPat jealous, together!

Edited by MadHappy

Hmmmmm

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring

So in this statement there are 3 people

I

You

She

Now I'm going to continue with the belief that You is Amaria and She is Titania for this bit

I don't think Florinia is the 'I' because it just seems... I don't know it just doesn't seem likely to me

The "I" could also be Lin trying to get Amaria onto her side.

Really the identity of I is the biggest mystery.

Bit 2

If we do assume that I is Florinia then I'm saying that You is Amaria and She is Titania

Because literally everyone knows that Titania isn't a lesbian so it would make no sense for Florinia to confess this to Titania

Obviously something did happen between Titania and Florinia and we can safely assume Titania is the reason that Florinia is as she is now, robotic with no emotion

But while I do believe that You is Amaria and She is Titania I do not believe that Florinia is I

Or it may be a completely different triangle of characters. 

Anyway if this club becomes a thing I'd love to be a part of it

I already have a theory involving our favorite enigmatic ghost/demon/oracle Shade I'd like to talk about

Quoting from reborn wikia, 

" Florinia tends to be a bit emotionally detached and focused on the facts at hand, causing Fern to refer to her as Flobot. Julia remarks that this behaviour is unusual for Florinia, and that the latter hasn't been the same since Titania, although this reference to Titania was removed in Episode 16. "

I would also like to post the interview she made with gossip gardevoir .

Spoiler

FLORINIA: Principality of the school was requested following the acceptance of the gym leader position. The conversion of city-public property was acknowledged as necessary to be forfeit for the foundation of the Reborn League, Thus, what was once solely a school became solely a gym. Upon gaining control of the facility, and proper permissions following, the institution was hybridized.

GARDEVOIR: I see! So in other words, it was your idea to combine them! You must have a real passion for education to be willing to take that on yourself!

FLORINIA: Passion is an irrelevant factor. The operation is necessary, and I am able to function adequately.

GARDEVOIR: Oh? Does that mean you don't enjoy the work?

FLORINIA: Enjoyment is a triviality. Only function matters.

GARDEVOIR: How boring! Surely there must be something you enjoy doing, Florinia?

FLORINIA: Personal emotion is too confounding of a condition to reach that assumption safely. And misinterpretation of human emotion can lead to severe risk. This writer has already lost too much at its hand, thus as logically directed, the risk is avoided.

GARDEVOIR: Oh my, this is juicy! So you were hurt by someone in the past and that's why you ignore your emotions-- is that what I'm understanding?

FLORINIA: ... A sufficient abstract, yes.

GARDEVOIR: Lovely! Do tell, what happened?

FLORINIA: The conclusion will not be forthcoming. The previous analysis is sufficient. Good Bye.

GARDEVOIR: W-What..? I say whan the interview ends, not you! Darn it! This was finally getting good!

So yeah, I fully support this theory, EP 18 has something to do with Florinia

@MadHappy Thank you

Also just remembered something that would support my case of Florinia not being I.

At Obsidia Park right before you face the first PULSE you're with Florinia and Amaria

Now if Florinia did confess to Amaria you'd expect there to be SOME air of awkwardness

But no, Amaria seems to act perfectly normal towards Florinia, though this could be because Amaria's so used to putting on a fake face

(though that's something I really don't want to not think about, but if you do a theory you have to be prepared to point out possible flaws and other points of view)

And again something that makes me doubt Florinia is I

I know rejection can be horrible or seeing your crush with a date

But driving Florinia to the point where she shows absolutely no emotion ever?

That had to be something else.

I mean Florinia didn't even express anger or anything like that when Fern joined Meteor

You figure that she would express SOMETHING, but nope. While she does claim Fern her responsibility to deal with even Fern points out how she still lets nothing slip 

(I think.... it's been a while so I may get some things wrong, forgive me if I do) 

So something really tragic had to happen to Florinia for her to get to this point, and I don't think a rejection or realizing the possibility of not being together could've done this. 

Titania definitely did something so severe it made Florinia decide to abandon all emotion, or what she had left.

Remember Fern comments on Florinia after the Meteor raid where you team with him, saying "she didn't get enough hugs as a kid" so it's very likely that Florinia was already not very emotional and Titania did something to her the one time she did

And now I realize that I just opened to door to the possibility that that one time Florinia showed emotion was towards Amaria and Titania shut her down before Florinia ever got a chance to express her feelings which caused her to become Flobot, making her "I" the exact opposite of what I wanted to prove 

I CAME UP WITH THIS 5 SECONDS BEFORE I STARTED TYPING!

HOW THE HELL DID I COME UP WITH THIS MUCH STUFF!?!?

At least, Florinia will appear in e18, you can already talk to her in the house in Calcenon city.

she better not die though...

I also felt like she was about to show emotion when fern was yelling at her in amaria's house.

Edited by Spedy

• Global Mods

I always got the impression that Titania rejected Florina back when I first played through E15, so I think that part is sound. 

However, I just want to note that the episode previews tend to always be designed to be very hard to accurately predict, if not downright misleading.

I actually had a few theories that I never quite finished putting together back at the end of episode 16 around the two prophecies (Miss Direction's and Gothitelle's) , the various Arceus texts, things Anna and Shade have said and Lin, Florina and Terra. 

As I said I didn't quite finish fitting the pieces together, so I never posted about it, and my entire thesis was based on the premise that Ame intentionally used the particular grammar and syntax of Miss Direction's prophecy that enabled my particular interpretation of it. But without going into details (and i did, i wrote about 2000 words on it iirc, which i have saved somewhere on my pc), my theory boils down to the idea that Florina is/was/will become Lin and that, given the implications of the two prophecies, we're heading towards some real temporal shenanigans soon. I know it seems ridiculous but I had a lot of things that supported my argument (but also undeniably still a lot of missing pieces). Anyway part of the theory was working out the motivations that cause Florina to become Lin, and I had also felt there was some implication of a relationship trauma between Florina and one of the other girls implied in Florina's Diary, though I think it must be something a little more extreme than a simple rejection (as in, it must have been a very complicated rejection, or something even worse). 

On 10/03/2018 at 6:38 AM, DreamblitzX said:

I always got the impression that Titania rejected Florina back when I first played through E15, so I think that part is sound. 

However, I just want to note that the episode previews tend to always be designed to be very hard to accurately predict, if not downright misleading.

I have to disagree with that last point, though I'll admit I've only been around since episode 16 so i didn't see the earlier ones. However with episode 16 I reached a similar conclusion to a few other theories I saw posted on these forums regarding the implication of the ep 17 sneak peak, which turned out to be fairly accurate - that the quote was not from titania, but rather from Lin, and implied her being a robot of some kind.

Damn you've got me thinking again. Time to play though again, find some more pieces to the puzzle and get the other route for ep17.

Woah wait up a min. I had another revelation after rereading several things, including the (actually 4000 word it turns out) document I wrote my big theory in back during the wait for ep17, and the end part of the OP's post here: 

On 10/03/2018 at 12:24 AM, MadHappy said:

The title of EP18 "Void-kissed" suggests this. In the last topic we established what the Void is : 

The nothingness manifested. Florina surely felt great sadness, blocking out all emotion to stop the dreadful feeling. Her words, her actions display cold mechanical structure. No emotion. They feel empty. Nothingness manifested.

Okay so while I'm not 100% in agreement about what exactly this is implying, mentioning the title "Void-kissed" made me remember something very interesting. The exact quote from Gothitelle is:
"You will meet the void.

It will embrace you.

This much is inevitable.

What happens after that, however...

That, not even Arceus must know."

The second line in particular is interesting. Until now I had taken the void to mean obliteration, and the second line to mean we would be obliterated. I still think that makes sense in light of Miss Direction's prophecy. However I think that the title Void-kissed and the phrase "it [the void] will embrace you" are by no means a co-incidence. Embracing often implies kissing and vice versa. Perhaps the void is more of an actual entity than I first realised, one which will, perhaps quite literally, embrace the player. I'm still not convinced that Florina is 'the void' merely due to her lack of emotions, and that if she is, then I would expect there to be more to it than that. Nonetheless, its an interesting idea to say the least.  

Edited by Tribey

@Tribey, my dear co-theorist, you've reminded me of Gothitelle ! 

I'll go in depth later, in another theory. 

Also, don't forget what the Medium, Miss Direction says when you speak to her after you return her crystal ball ( Spoink quest ):
"What I see in your future...is hard for me to understand.

It is a future where you do not exist.

It is a future where there were never any traces of you existing."

I know it's a lot more, as she talks about the city and other people , I'll make a theory about that in a few weeks, but the passage about us gave me chills. 

If the club application passes, I'll dive deeper in another post there.

• 2 weeks later...

Something I just thought of, is what if the person saying that is neither Amaria or Flobot.  What if it was a male character that loved Titania beforehand. What if she loved him but had to leave him to keep her friend alive? He later joins Team Meteor in hopes that the leader could somehow grant his wish of getting her back only to drive her away. Maybe a showdown happens between Amaria and him and offscreen she kills him. There's so much that could happen. XD

• 3 months later...

What if the person who said it was Lin. A popular theory is that a younger version of Lin is/was in the orphanage and is the kid who was tormenting people. What if in the timeline where the player doesn't exist Lin wasn't in the orphanage but in the Onyx Academy and the event that made Flobot non emotional happen to Lin instead and Lin become a crazy lunatic.