Smash 5. Will we be able to vote for characters again?

Wolfox

So... Smash 5 was confirmed. (also for some reason I keep thinking Smash 6. Too far into the future)

The main question I have is, will we be able to vote for characters again? and if so, who would you vote for? perhaps another question is, could we try to collude on getting a certain one or two in there as a community?

With that said, little changed from my older list.

I would love to see Cecil (ff4) and Simon Bellmont (Castlevania franchise) to get a chance. Simon, I feel, would make a lot of sense if Nintendo would want to try and revive Castlevania (which they should. Samus Returns has proven that good Metroidvania's are still wanted as much as before)

if Snake is out of the question I fear Raiden is even less likely. Granted bringing snake and another Konami character (hini hint) can make Konami some money too, and what does Konami like more than making good games?

Raiden was in PlayStation all stars.

also it was stated that the ballot was being used for future titles. So voting again would be kinda pointless.  Unless everyone that voted Bayo wants to revote. 

I'm still convinced our votes didn't mean crap. I've never played Bayonetta and I'm not knocking the series at all, but... yeah, I don't buy it. Bayonetta??? There were only two games out at the time and I seriously doubt that many people who voted liked Bayonetta so much that they chose her over so many other characters. Whatevs though, tbph I don't think they'll let us vote again anyways. It would probably be similar results.

Huh, now that mention cecil, he'd be interesting. He'd be a new dual set/transformation character, whether or not they keep sheik and zelda split.

I, too, heard that it was Dobby's fault we got Bayo.

I still want Isaac from Golden Sun.

The new FE character should be someone who uses a weapon that isn't a sword. Preferably Hector or Ephraim. Or one of the manaketes. It'll be another two-in-one character, with the humanoid side using dance moves or tomes (or even bashing people with their dragon stones). The dragon form will of course take a lot of inspiration from Charizard.

I want blastoise in the game. They're putting him in Pokken and I want to see how they handle him there, though I've got my own ideas for a smash iteration.

and my list of DO NOT WANT:

Goku, Naruto, Luffy, Ichigo, etc.

Most serious voters have [inster character from an anime here] on their don't list.

And the way I see Cecil is more of a Brawl Samus kind of deal, Heavy and higher damage in the Dark Knight Armor (a bit like Regular Link but heavier, a bit slower, but quite a bit stronger like Ike) And with the Final Smash he goes into his Paladin form, which is a lot faster and lighter, but deals less damage per hit (not unlike something like Meta Knight or Marth).

19 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Most serious voters have [inster character from an anime here] on their don't list.

And the way I see Cecil is more of a Brawl Samus kind of deal, Heavy and higher damage in the Dark Knight Armor (a bit like Regular Link but heavier, a bit slower, but quite a bit stronger like Ike) And with the Final Smash he goes into his Paladin form, which is a lot faster and lighter, but deals less damage per hit (not unlike something like Meta Knight or Marth).

but why would it deal less damage? Unless it still sends 'em flying way out there, so when and if they survive, they're not so much worse off as before. The small ball is the super move that all the cool kids make an unseemly scramble over themselves for. A transformation that requires a smash ball would have to be something a little crazy, like yoshi, pikachu, and sonic. Transformation on command for a different moveset is his mechanic/gimmick in the Dissidia games.

It's actually that, in my version, Cecil will heal almost all of his Damage. This is because when he becomes a Paladin (spoiler alert btw) he does so by not attacking and he gains the ability to heal. Now that I say it out loud, maybe that's not such a good idea. Perhaps a Down Swap would be the best. Imean, it's not like there are a ton of Down Counters in the game already right?

In the og game Dark Knight was somewhat Glass Cannon and Paladin was tankier, but loses a lot of power for the ability to heal and apply buffs.

Dark Knight form would be like Cloud or Little Mac, and Paladin would be like Palutena or Wii Fit.

in PSP Dissidia they were really mobile but in NT they were really slow.

Also, if they went with a second FF character, it would have to be Noctis.  However, I would rather want to see something like a traditional Black Mage or a character from another SE game like Crono, Neku, or Geno.

And my most wanted characters in general are Isaac from Golden Sun and Ridley from Metroid.  I also want the devs to rework little Mac.

Idk, shovel knight has cameo'd in a bunch of other games though, hasn't he? I could still easily see him getting in, with movement and attacks that would feel similar to pacman, megman, and villager (or even take one of their spots).

So Funamation jokingly released a tweet wbout Goku for smash 5. And suddenly the great Melee vs Brawl devide has reappeared with the people who do and don't want Goku in smash. And as much as I want interesting character, I side with the no side. because obvious reasons (I kinda dislike Dragonball, Goku may have apeared in games but he didn't originate in games, all that stuff). I won't get into any debates on this because I literally just shared my opinion on it and if you disagree with me than feel free to do so but please don't try to get me into a discussion about it. Honestly, if you want an interesting character, go pester Konami about getting Snake back, and maybe get some Castlevania characters too.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:08 AM, Maelstrom said:

Idk, shovel knight has cameo'd in a bunch of other games though, hasn't he? I could still easily see him getting in, with movement and attacks that would feel similar to pacman, megman, and villager (or even take one of their spots).

I can see him getting in, but only if he gets the consideration in the first place. Smash tends towards current releases and classic characters, of which Shovel Knight is neither right now.

Not to say it's impossible, Shulk managed to get in Smash 4 somehow, after all. (For which I am eternally grateful, because it got me to check out Xenoblade.) I just think he's a longshot character of a similar degree to Shulk. My fingers remain eternally crossed though

EDIT: Oh, speaking of Xenoblade. I'm hoping an XCX character (most likely Cross, but it would be neat if it was someone more defined as a character like Elma or Ga Jiarg) manages to tag along with the XC2 character I'm expecting. I doubt that one will happen either, but hey I can hope

The Xenoblade rep will probably be Rex and Pyra.

Also getting your game on switch doesn’t mean they have a solid chance in smash.   If it does, FF7 on Nintendo when?

Also regarding that YongYea video... there is a lot of wrong info...

It'd be nice if Poo got in. But that'd be pretty random and catch a lot of people by surprise. But jokes aside, I'd want Snake back and I agree that Rex and Pyra are shoe ins for new xeno reps. And about Goku, I think he'd be pretty good in smash. He's not a standard brawler char since he has a ton of attacks that he can launch from a distance and he can teleport so you'd have to be very careful while fighting him. And I know he does not come from the gaming genre but Sakurai was breaking a lot of boundaries with Cloud already so I don't see a problem with Goku if a lot of people want him in Smash.