A Letter to Reborn

Let's just get to the point. No flourishing the introduction. 

I Am A Toxic Person. 

No matter what happens, something bad follows, and it gets traced back in relation to me. My termination from the development team and severed ties with the community leaders is evident of this. You know it's bad when complete strangers are telling others "this person is bad news and you should avoid them". Personally, I believe in giving second chances to help people who have lost their way, and doing unto others what I would want them to do unto me. But it doesn't always work like that. How can I possibly extend this courtesy, when no one is willing to give me a chance? But I've learned the errors of my ways; etched into my flesh like a scar. This isn't the first time I've done something bad enough to become the bane of a community, and I think that says a lot. I'm done trying to change myself, and please others. If you don't like what you see, then don't bother. I'm not as good a person as you'd think I am. I'm not fantastic; hell, I'm not even good. There's no such thing for me, and that's just fine. So I'm taking it upon myself to leave this place entirely, so Reborn can be one toxin less. Do not try to seek me out. You'll just get hurt, and I will not be responsible. 

Farewell, 

Jasper Fox

Well I don't know you or what happened that has made you sad, but I think the best thing to do at such moments is to give yourself a break. You see, everyone can get pissed off at something, but that's just in the moment - the best thing to do is to avoid reacting when your blood is still in your head. That way you can avoid doing things that you might regret (though that might just be me... I like to be under control of my own self at every moment). So perhaps your idea to leave the forums isn't a bad one, though I'd hope you will come back, since I'm sure there are friends here who don't want you gone permanently.

That said, maybe you're misinterpreting the "complete strangers", or maybe they are misinterpreting you. But let me ask you, if you believe yourself to be toxic, how can you hope others are going to believe otherwise? If you don't like to be thought of as someone people should avoid, I think you should start by evaluating your own self first. That way, you'll not think that you should be given a chance because you are giving chances but because you like to give chances (or am I interpreting "How can I possibly extend this courtesy, when no one is willing to give me a chance?" wrong?). I want to think that people are able to be good to others not because they want to be treated nicely, but because they like being a good person :) Perhaps when you start learning to like yourself more by realizing your good attributes and cutting down the parts you don't like, you'll be the person that doesn't add toxins to the community, me thinks.

Yea yea, I know. I'm not cut out for the job of cheering people up ok? But at least I can try.

I haven't seen what happened, but all of what I've seen of you has been positive. I would love to try and help you, but I don't think I would be too helpful (considering I'm not exactly mister emotional control myself). If anything, good luck from here and may life change for the better

I'm not one to criticise anyone (unless that someone has treated me bad, which you certainly haven't).

Just work hard towards appreciating yourself, like Candy said. And don't convince yourself about anything negative, because it is more likely to happen then.

Instead, try to convince yourself about positive things. And you'll see that a bigger percentage of them will become true, as long as you put effort and positive thinking in.

Sit back, relax, enjoy the ride. We only have one life (?), so we can't afford to waste it! 

Some friends have helped me realise this, in a previous rant of mine... ;) 

whos been saying that bad shit about you ill cut a bitch

either way im not going to try and stop you from leaving the choice is yours it might be better for yourself anyway to not have to deal with people here

lbr some ppl here are Definitely Not Great to be around though i dont think you were ever part of that specific crowd

i dont know anything about the situation and when or how you became the "bane" of this community though?? u can slide into my dms on discord if youd like and i can give u some support if you need it

Ok what the hell, I've been creeping around here for a while now and I have yet to see you actually do anything really detrimental to the community unless I'm missing something big here.

Whether what these strangers say is true or not, you have every right to defend yourself.

This whole situation stinks something awful...

Oh, God, you're alive! I was so worried about you after your last post. I don't know you, but I care, and from the looks of it a lot of other people do too. Please don't forget that. It's your choice to leave the community, whether the reason is true or not. I wish you the best for the future, and maybe one day when this situation has faded to the past, you'll come back here again. 

And remember, just because you think you are a toxic person doesn't mean you are.

I'm not really good at consoling people, but the best thing I can say is just try to be happy with yourself.

I don't really know everything that has happened so I can't really give a full analysis, but from what I know you're a genuine, positive person.

I do hope things get better for you, and if you do take some time off in order to get there, then that is okay.

We here are always here for you, so remember that we think you're a good person. Don't say that you're not, because you really are when you try.

Normally, I keep my mouth shut on these topics, but I suppose I've been through this song and dance I can at least talk about it. No community is perfect and there will always be someone who dislikes you or talks crap about you anywhere. Me and the other veterans have plenty of stories we could share. I've also dealt with drama before and it passed. It always does with time. I've been in the phase where I thought this place was a paradise and perfect, but over time I've come to realize it's faults and ugly bits. You could say I view it as crusty and stale nowadays. And I'm okay with that and I still find enjoyment.

Why am I bringing this this up? This is the third time you've said you'd leave Reborn. I'm not here to condemn you nor say you did nothing wrong. Comforting you also would do nothing because at this point I don't know if you're really gone or not. Stop beating yourself up and/or trying to make us feel bad for you. In the full view of this place, it's pretty much a collection of anonymous people discussing their interests in video game (and sometimes other subjects). Most people who may have said things to hurt you probably won't even be around in a year. Sometimes you just gotta take a deep breath and try to not take it personal. Is it easy? Oh hell no. But on the flip side if you're really that miserable around here on the community, nobody will hold it against you if you leave. I highly doubt anyone wants to see you be miserable or torture yourself sticking around in the community.

The tl;dr version is this: It's your life. Do what you gotta do to be happy.

Commander's right and pretty much highlighted a few points already that I thought about going over but have fun doing your thing again dude :^)

also hi welcome to reborn :) 

Everyones deserve a second chance , including you. You think your a bad person and that is wrong. You want an evidence ? You were a reborn developer , so that's mean you helped Ame and the others a lot , and by this you contributed for everyone's happiness here to play one of the best pokemon fan game ever created.

You want another one ? Fine , let me tell you this : if you were a bad person like you seem to say , you would have not find courage to post right here and tell us how you feel. A bad person would have keep this for herself , which is not your case.

This is your choice to leave this place but many will regret you for sure. They will remember as the person you were : a good and an helpfull one. 

Don't be so hard about yourself. 

I think you have crossed a bad path and it happen to everyone , but that's not a reason to telling yourself that you're a bad person :) 

edit : and sorry for my english huh ? 

• Support Squad

I'd like to berate this behaviour but I know it's just feeding into attention seeking habits. Also mods probably wouldn't like it.To count I think this is the third "farewell topic", the second being last month.Is this going to be a monthly melodrama? I'd make a period joke if it wasn't horribly crass and broke R7.

Instead I'll address other posters.

Please do try not to buy into shameless plays for sympathy. It'll attract more incidents, from more people, and attract more of this into the community. Personally, I don't want that, in point of fact I wish I had a more immediately obvious way to show my disdain without having to post in the topic itself. So please think twice when you see something like this, especially so brazenly soon after another similar topic.

• 1 month later...

I don't know what happened because I'm quite inactive and I'm not going to be involved but here's a small piece of advice.

Not everybody will like you and you don't have to be friends with everyone. Don't stress over it. Be a little bit more positive and love yourself more. Things will be quite different.