We all have our OCDs playing Pokemon, at least I hope we all do, otherwise I'd be the weird one so I thought this would be a fun topic. What is your Pokémon OCD?

For example, I have several:

• By the end of the E4, all my mons must be properly trained and bred with the best possible natures. This includes the HM slaves at times because I am crazy Doesn't matter how easy the game is, perfection is a necessity (this does spoil the game for me in a sense because breeding takes hours and hours of time off your life and you tend to completely immerse yourself in this not caring about the outside world)
  • Whenever I face a gym leader or important NPC, I must stand and look at him/her so that the avatar covers up the part of the background that is symmetrical: for example in this picture:images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCk_FXrL71ytEos4nNl6jNot from below, that triggers me greatly
  • My boxes of Pokémon must be arranged neatly and ordered in some specific format. For example "HM Slaves" for Zigzagoons and Rattattas, "Shiny" for shinies. (You can't even imagine the level of stress I had when I had a shiny Zigzagoon when I first played Reborn)
  • This level of OCD eventually leads me to not want to play because of the lack of naturality so RIP entire run of completely bred Pokémon (this is why, never trust me if I make a new topic for a run)

I could go on and on about this, but I'd rather not have the reputation of a freak.

So, how weird are the rest of you? What necessities do you have when you play a Pokémon game, be it a hack, run, or official game?

33 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

We all have our OCDs playing Pokemon, at least I hope we all do, otherwise I'd be the weird one so I thought this would be a fun topic. What is your Pokémon OCD?

For example, I have several:

• By the end of the E4, all my mons must be properly trained and bred with the best possible natures. This includes the HM slaves at times because I am crazy Doesn't matter how easy the game is, perfection is a necessity (this does spoil the game for me in a sense because breeding takes hours and hours of time off your life and you tend to completely immerse yourself in this not caring about the outside world)
  • Whenever I face a gym leader or important NPC, I must stand and look at him/her so that the avatar covers up the part of the background that is symmetrical: for example in this picture:images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCk_FXrL71ytEos4nNl6jNot from below, that triggers me greatly
  • My boxes of Pokémon must be arranged neatly and ordered in some specific format. For example "HM Slaves" for Zigzagoons and Rattattas, "Shiny" for shinies. (You can't even imagine the level of stress I had when I had a shiny Zigzagoon when I first played Reborn)
  • This level of OCD eventually leads me to not want to play because of the lack of naturality so RIP entire run of completely bred Pokémon (this is why, never trust me if I make a new topic for a run)

I could go on and on about this, but I'd rather not have the reputation of a freak.

So, how weird are the rest of you? What necessities do you have when you play a Pokémon game, be it a hack, run, or official game?

I can confirm you're not weird nor a freak because we're almost exactly the same. My main OCD is just that my team must always have a Water type (or a mon with a water type move). Also, the level of my Ace must always be higher than my other mons.

Oh boy....

So it is a regular thing that I feel the need to sort every single item in my bag in a specific way.

Items:

Usable items on top (heart scales, then shards, color coded, then important items for events)

Evolution stones next (in order of gen introduced and type)

Evolution hold items

Unique hold items (memories, plates, incenses,  type hold items like black glasses, in type order)

Commonly used hold items (assault vest, choice items, life orb, in order of usage)

Breeding items (ev items and destiny knot)

Seeds

Gems (in type order)

Common usables (Escape Rope, Repels, items that exist only to be sold)

All the other categories I really don't care about (except medecine and key items, but they're just ordered by usage)

In game, I always save twice, If I'm near a Pokemon center, it has to be in front of the PC

I always try to get as much coverage on my team as possible so I don't have to box my team (HM slaves don't count)

Never double up on types

And I always box extra 'mon I don't use in order of level (same level go by Pokedex number)

Edited by Dragoknight

Sometimes I spend more time than I should soft reseting the game so my pokemon gets a nature and IVs above 20. Depends on how much I like the said pokemon and how much time I already spent yawning and drooling in front of the game.

*picks up list*

• I save twice in a row to make sure I don't forget to save.
  • I always have a "type triangle" on my team for coverage. be it fire water grass or psychic, dark fighting (or fairy steel fighting).
  • I always train my mons equally, With my Ace as an outsider being a bit higher.
  • I always check every place I can for items.
  • I only have one stab for each type, the rest is usually utility or coverage.
  • I never use stall mons