Reborn Theories?

Lord C

You know, the stuff about the story in-game, spooky stuff, maybe what's going on with Lin's apparent immortality, or the Pokeballs south of the desert that could have been the ones Corey threw before commiting suicide, Pulse Garbodor being the reason Bixybyon became a wasteland etc.

i always thought that lin can save and load files, like flowey from undertale

thats why shes immortal

and when she falls sleeps randomly she actually pulls herself from the game and go do other things

34 minutes ago, ArcherEric said:

i always thought that lin can save and load files, like flowey from undertale

thats why shes immortal

and when she falls sleeps randomly she actually pulls herself from the game and go do other things

In conclusion, Lin is basically Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club. It all makes sense.

Well, we find out in Ametrine Town the PULSE was created by woman named Evelynn Seijaya to cure her sister Lumina Seijaya, but she was forced to improve it by a guy named Zero, holding Lumina hostage. In the end, due to the PULSE going haywire with a Magneton evolving into Magnezone, Evelyn, Lumina and Zero were also fused, creating ZEL. In my opinion, the PULSE Magnezone you destroy in your final battle ( at least till the end of ep 17 ) makes ZEL split, leaving only Zero, alone.

As for the PokeBalls, yes, they are Corey's. They are right under the wall, from which Corey threw them and then committed suicide ( and it became a Gengar for Shade, when he....IT came to take the remains when you first enter Lapis Ward ). Even Taka makes a reference about this ( if you took the Reshiram route by not battling him in the Water Treatment Center and you accepted to take him with you after you defeat him in the desert ) by asking who would threw them away, when you first pick one up.

With Bixybyon is kinda interesting. My guess, it was the first attempt to destroy Reborn by turning it into a wasteland. Before Bixybyon, there was a normal Ward, part of the city. Now, due to the waste, there are walls around it to stop the waste from spreading. ( with little success, considering all the items and the tombstones you find in the wasteland as you go to the gym)

And Lin, this comes for a theory form a user : http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/26648-my-theory-on-lin/

When choosing not to fight Sigmund and stay downstairs at Laura's place,Saphira gets kidnapped instead.This results in Laura telling the player a little bit about Lin(assuming it's the same person as the head of Meteor,which i do).The person Laura knew as Lin was a child a little younger that Anna currently is and was also in the orphanage like Laura.Laura was not fond of her as she would always mess with her.I think Laura has OCD which Lin would always abuse just for her amusement.At some point she pulled a trick on the doctor which made him angry and locked her in a room(sorry i dont remember exactly) and was never seen again.Some kids said she escaped others that the Doctor killed her.Prior to this when the player chooses not to fight Sigmund,after we get Heather he will say that he has no time for us  since a name he very well recognizes was constantly being used my the Meteors.When the player reaches the room with the Abra Sigmund mutters ''I'm sorry Lizzelin i wont get mad,i wont get mad''(or something like that,i dont remember exactly).Also Lin seems to know Saphira and she also mocks her bond she has with her sisters.

Later in the game when we reach the ''Birthplace of Arceus'',Adrienn says ''...But almost immediately i saw a girl climbing up the wall,and then El and you guys showed up''

Right before we leave that place someone that we dont know of says''HEHE that was fun.Lets keep playing together for a long,long time...Isnt that right?HEHEHE.....''

We know that time is distorted.I think its safe to assume that 1 hour in reborn equals to 10 years in that place.

So, my guess is, that power is regeneration or something like that. As Shade said when leaving the WTC, 2 destinies fullfilled ( Corey's and Kiki's deaths ), 2 can live ( Amaria and Lin, even tho we saw Lin chopped into pieces when inside Shade's gym ). My guess is when Lin regenerates, she enters a sleep phase, that's why she faints ( again, told to you by best buddy Taka, when talked to, saying she considers Lin sick, "I can't remember the disorder's name for it: it's when you faint all of the sudden and you wake up later all fine" , by saying they usually find her fainted on the floor, and later she is all fine) .

I feel like we should open a club or something, where all of us could come up with theories and arguments about the game's plot.

Edited by MadHappy

1 hour ago, MadHappy said:

So, my guess is, that power is regeneration or something like that. As Shade said when leaving the WTC, 2 destinies fullfilled ( Corey's and Kiki's deaths ), 2 can live ( Amaria and Lin, even tho we saw Lin chopped into pieces when inside Shade's gym ). My guess is when Lin regenerates, she enters a sleep phase, that's why she faints ( again, told to you by best buddy Taka, when talked to, saying she considers Lin sick, "I can't remember the disorder's name for it: it's when you faint all of the sudden and you wake up later all fine" , by saying they usually find her fainted on the floor, and later she is all fine) .

It may be more than simple regeneration. I was looking through videos of the Reshiram route and her fallen sprite didn't have any blood stains in it. I thought it could be an oversight, but Taka's body sprite actually had blood over his back, so it must be something more than a healing factor.

1 hour ago, MadHappy said:

I feel like we should open a club or something, where all of us could come up with theories and arguments about the game's plot.

It would be nice. The discussions are mostly about gameplay.

First I don't think Lin is human. I think she is actually a robot or puppet though but necesserably made from metal or wood. Lin seems to be closely connected to the Lin of the orphanage but at the same time both Sigmund and Saphira can't recognise her in their encounters. The fact that after all this time Sigmund still has to verify it, seems weird.

The fact that Lin has narcolepsy, is weird as well. Lin at the orphanage certainly didn't have it or Sigmund would have recognised her immediately. Lin as an adult having narcolepsy makes any individual action she does extremely dangerous to herself. Imagine fighting the champion and sudden falling asleep. Not going to work. So I doubt Lin has narcolepsy but something else which Taka thought was narcolepsy. 

What Lin really is, hard to say but I think that from the underground Lin gained a new body made with Arceus' power. The reason why Lin is narcoleptic is because using this new body is very exhausting.

2 hours ago, MadHappy said:

When choosing not to fight Sigmund and stay downstairs at Laura's place,Saphira gets kidnapped instead.This results in Laura telling the player a little bit about Lin(assuming it's the same person as the head of Meteor,which i do).The person Laura knew as Lin was a child a little younger that Anna currently is and was also in the orphanage like Laura.Laura was not fond of her as she would always mess with her.I think Laura has OCD which Lin would always abuse just for her amusement.At some point she pulled a trick on the doctor which made him angry and locked her in a room(sorry i dont remember exactly) and was never seen again.Some kids said she escaped others that the Doctor killed her.Prior to this when the player chooses not to fight Sigmund,after we get Heather he will say that he has no time for us  since a name he very well recognizes was constantly being used my the Meteors.When the player reaches the room with the Abra Sigmund mutters ''I'm sorry Lizzelin i wont get mad,i wont get mad''(or something like that,i dont remember exactly).Also Lin seems to know Saphira and she also mocks her bond she has with her sisters.

Later in the game when we reach the ''Birthplace of Arceus'',Adrienn says ''...But almost immediately i saw a girl climbing up the wall,and then El and you guys showed up''

Right before we leave that place someone that we dont know of says''HEHE that was fun.Lets keep playing together for a long,long time...Isnt that right?HEHEHE.....''

We know that time is distorted.I think its safe to assume that 1 hour in reborn equals to 10 years in that place.

That's pretty interesting! I knew that Lin's immortality had to have something to do with Taka describing Lin as narcoleptic. Maybe that regenerative power is the same as Arceus' blessing that restored El's eyesight. And since Lin spent so much time there in that theory (since that area itself seems to act like an alternate time space, she could have essentially spent an eternity there), she could somehow have some power from there (maybe a piece of the Astrae rubbed off on her).

4 hours ago, MadHappy said:

Well, we find out in Ametrine Town the PULSE was created by woman named Evelynn Seijaya to cure her sister Lumina Seijaya, but she was forced to improve it by a guy named Zero, holding Lumina hostage. In the end, due to the PULSE going haywire with a Magneton evolving into Magnezone, Evelyn, Lumina and Zero were also fused, creating ZEL. In my opinion, the PULSE Magnezone you destroy in your final battle ( at least till the end of ep 17 ) makes ZEL split, leaving only Zero, alone.

As for the PokeBalls, yes, they are Corey's. They are right under the wall, from which Corey threw them and then committed suicide ( and it became a Gengar for Shade, when he....IT came to take the remains when you first enter Lapis Ward ). Even Taka makes a reference about this ( if you took the Reshiram route by not battling him in the Water Treatment Center and you accepted to take him with you after you defeat him in the desert ) by asking who would threw them away, when you first pick one up.

With Bixybyon is kinda interesting. My guess, it was the first attempt to destroy Reborn by turning it into a wasteland. Before Bixybyon, there was a normal Ward, part of the city. Now, due to the waste, there are walls around it to stop the waste from spreading. ( with little success, considering all the items and the tombstones you find in the wasteland as you go to the gym)

And Lin, this comes for a theory form a user : http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/26648-my-theory-on-lin/

Don't forget to mention while the 2/2-line was said, all of the scenarios took place except Lin's. Amaria survived the event, the other two didn't. That suggests that Lin's...erm...disassembly... still has to take place, and that it won't kill her.

That suggests that her body isn't what it seems indeed. Or El really should keep his Ditto to himself.

• Global Mods

I think maybe Lins adult body could be some kind of like remote control avatar (but with magic, not like a robot) being controlled by her real, child body from within the citae, and the narcolepsy would be when the connection stops for a bit. Back from the online league, one of adult lins quotes was apparently "come find the real me"

I remember that in the scene we see in Shade's gym, Lin doesn't just fall dead when slain, she shatters like a mirror (like Guild Wars 2 mesmer's illusions for those who know them). I have the feeling that she's somehow cut off from the world, trapped with Arceus or Giratina but can project these constructs. And the narcolepsy can come from the fact that she can't always control her puppet, like she may still have to eat, etc wherever she is.

Also, no one mentioned Giratina yet, but we have hints that it is part of Reborn's story. Giratina used to cause a lot of damage back at the time of the ancient civilization. Actually it's probably the cause of its disappearance. Giratina mere presence in Reborn caused Ametrine volcano to turn into ice and Pyrous mountain to turn into a volcano, with the melted ice drowning the city. Until Arceus banished it. So maybe someone so focused on power and destruction as Lin is linked to Giratina, which could also explain why Lin corrupted the original goal of Team Meteor (protecting Arceus' shrine) and is so obsessed with getting Arceus' power.

Another possibility, since we spend our time thrashing Arceus' cultists and the team supposed to protect its shrine and power is that Giratina could be an ally to face Arceus or whoever gets its power from the shrine.

Actually, these two options don't exclude each other. Lin is obviously someone bad, but I'm not so sure she's really our enemy. After all in Tanzan mountain she knew we were not team meteor's new grunt but ignored us, then she wants Sapphira to give us the Sapphire bracelet. She killed Ame, something bad, but that had the result to have us pushed to be the new champion. She clearly need us, but is it because of the fact we're a anomaly in the timeline (a possibility according to the prophecy we heard about in E16), because since we're gathering the keys it's easier to let us find them, open the door, then follow us inside (like Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time), or because we're the best hope to avoid an even greater evil than her she's fighting against ?

There are also the two prophecies we can talk about, the one from E16's sidequest and the one from Gothoritelle, but these can lead to enough speculations to add twice as much text as I've already written so I'll stop for now x)

• Global Mods

About the quoted post with the word "Lizzelin": Sigmund talks to himself about someone named "Lizzie" sometimes, which is his sister Elizabeth. Lizzie had depression and Sigmund believes that electroconvulsive therapy could've helped her, but she wasn't able to get the treatment. This is the reason why Sigmund chose to become a psychiatrist. More info can be found in this thread

Sigmund never uses the word "Lizzelin" so the quoted poster is mixing the two names out of not remembering everything, I think. Lizzie and Lin are two separate people. He does also say Lin seems familiar, but that's different to his conversations about Lizzie.