RedAlert

So I was working on a project that I had to do for school this year and the ensuing boredom propelled me to procrastinate, because hey, that's how we get on with life, innit? Anyways, I've always liked having something to document and show off my collection of super fighting monsters that I've given extensive care to, but it always came to an abrupt ending: especially with my grass dark monotype runs, the last of which didn't even last to the second gym. You may think that documenting this may result in a similar conclusion, however there is one difference that makes all the difference: I have a new laptop.

So with that being said, here I am taking a huge risk and not adhering to superstitions (yay me!) and showing off my prized assortment of adorableness:

At Tanzan Cove (just fled from Connal and the Meteors, and I'm supposed to go medicine-hunting, but as a master procrastinator, that can clearly wait), my team is:

Spoiler

YiAmWLp.png

Of the above, Serperior and Meowstic-F are perfectly bred and (almost completely) EV trained. Arcanine is a stand-in for now, while I am training up my EV bred Growlithe (process speeded up a lot thanks to @Ainz Ooal Gown)

Spoiler

cxFvDhN.png

WryYzlP.png

1jH6r3U.png

7WuH3hz.png

In Training:

Spoiler

RwQuDBB.png

63Qbsts.png

63Qbsts.png

Waiting for Flare Blitz and Outrage before evolving...

Sandile and Yanma still need breeding. (As do the others in my PC, but genderless and non-field breeding is a fudging pain genderless more so)

The game has been fairly easy so far, with the exception of Solaris, although I defeated him on my second try thanks to Intimidate stalling and Levitate holders, coupled with Leech Seed and Poison. I think right now I need some Normal, Dragon, Fairy, Flying, and Ice typing. Will soon add an Umbreon, Swanna and Sawsbuck to my roster.

PS: Really sorry if I'm creating too many of these threads. Does this annoy anyone? Not my intention, hope you understand

Purpose of this thread? For you to marvel at my fantastic team leadership skills, stand agape at my ridiculously overpowered mons, bow in superiority to my intellect, and hail me as the one true PokeMaster. Just kidding. I'd love your insights to what is good and what is bad on my team, and I've realized the joy of sharing here. Criticism, hate "go get a life" comments, dislikes + jokes at my expense are welcome because really, all I want is some attention

But really, movesets and team member suggestions are appreciated (please no Gardevoirs and Magnezones, I beg you)

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of new team members before I head into Chrysolia:

Spoiler

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_11_54_34_AM.png

(Need to reteach this bud Bubblebeam)

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_11_54_40_AM.png

Can't fucking wait for EQ

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_11_54_55_AM.png

I would've gotten an Eevee as well, but I guess I'll have to wait for night for that to happen.

Also got this beautiful thang, but considering the nature I guess I'll wait a bit before I train her up for some good moves. Probably before the next gym.

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_11_55_38_AM.png

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_2_40_44_PM.png

Might train up a little bit, but this is the team I'll be using for Bennett.

And this is the results of my fight vs. Bennett:

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_2_50_11_PM.png

Yup. Yanmega swept him.

Battle evidence:

Spoiler

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_2_46_16_PM.png

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_2_47_22_PM.png

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_2_47_41_PM.png

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_2_47_47_PM.png

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_2_48_12_PM.png

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_2_48_26_PM.png

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_2_48_43_PM.png

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_2_49_02_PM.png

What a scary Pokemon...

For Serra, a little change is underway:

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_3_37_34_PM.png

And Serra turned out to be quite easy as well, although nothing like Bennett. I feel she has gotten axed a bit after E16, what with the several double disadvantage Pokemon she has. Noted, Aurora Veil turned out to be a little troublesome, but nothing major.

Toxapex was more than enough to take care of her Glaceon (Toxic + Venoshock + Merciless), Bronzong made short work of her Jynx, Serperior Steel-Gem boosted Nature Power--> Mirror Shot took care of her Ninetails, Arcanine defeated her Sandslash and Aurorus with Close Combat, and Frosslass went down to a second Iron Tail from Steelix despite the evasion boosts. Now I would have screenshotted the battle, but each mon took no more than 2 turns to beat, so... not worth it xD

Result after battle:

Pokemon_Reborn_3_18_2018_3_52_23_PM.png

Well, time to get that Eevee I suppose, before heading back to the not-so-missing mart, before going back to Noel.

• 1 month later...

Whoops, looks like the old links have expired.

A new teammate for me.

we88llb.png

And a final review of my team before I head into Agate City...

WQMmHN9.png

Need a good electric type and ice type, any recommendations?

Considering an Eelektross/Jolteon and a Ninetails-Alola when the time comes.

Also, how good is Araquanid in Reborn?

A good electric type I like is Raichu (either K or A form is good, but if you also need a psychic type, Alolan can be nice). Besides from what I see in your team, it seems that you have quite a few slow mons, so Raichu and its lightning speed can come in handy me thinks :P

Best ice type imo is A-ninetales with snow warning and aurora veil. Borderline broken lel So yep yer thoughts were in the gud direction boi

Another one I guess would be Weavile or Froslass, both are gud but in my case I prefer the latter cause if Weavile gets revenge kill'd it's 100% going down, no tank at all.

Araquanid with water bubble is a great mon from what I've heard, but I've personally never used it.

Also if yaw havin' trouble with the pics, I'd recommend uploading them onto imgur and c/p the links onto the thread (they should immediately get embedded).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Candy Thanks for the insight. Meowstic and Serperior have been wickedly fast till now, thanks to max EV training and IV breeding, but I'll take your advice on Raichu. Don't like having more than one Alolan mon on my team (yay thanks OCD)

Frosslass eh I'll keep that in mind and use it for another run (maybe the new Rejuv one). Always wanted that Ninetails tho ❤️

And all pics are on imgur, i guess i didnt visit here for the past month, probably why it expired

4n62kyI.png

Where dafuq is that water spider? I've been looking everywhere for ages and I have a feeling it's here shown in the picture, just maybe a different cycle? Anyone know how to get it? Pls helps me thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I literally finished E18 5 minutes ago (well probably an hour and five minutes by the time I finish writing this), and I got to say, what a roller coaster of a ride it has been.

Now to critique this game is impossible for me. I would love to write an entire review on it one day, but I'll keep it to when the game is completed. For now I will say this: It's flawed, but that's what makes this game great. It doesn't always have the best visuals, but that's what makes it beautiful at the most unsuspecting times. It's so dynamic that I have trouble keeping up with it.

Whenever I played the original games I always used to double check every trainer, every location, talk twice to some people to see if the dialogue changes and was almost always disappointed as everyone seemed so... static and boring. Reborn solves that problem entirely because people overlap activities at will, walking around, talking in the background (for example, beating the Meteor grunts [or technically, aces] at Agate City causes the other gym leaders to progress through the area as well. If you check Sierra and Florinia, they won't be battling the same grunts once you've defeated some yourself). Going back and forth from area to area, the incorporation of countless puzzles that give you the satisfaction of completion along with a reward that seems well received.

In essence.... the official games spoil you. They give you too much without any effort or strategy. They hail you as a hero for utilization of simple battle tactics revolving around mere type effectiveness. I have to say that despite the increase in quality of the visuals in recent Pokemon games, they have highly diminished in quality with poor storytelling (aside from a couple I needn't mention), forgettable rivals and characters.

Reborn on the other hand, laughs at you at the start. You're a paltry, insignificant outsider who has nothing of value, outside of admittance into the Reborn League. The build up, the transition from this beginner who has to crawl through the slums, walk through lava and numerous other seemingly insurmountable obstacle to the very pinnacle of strength that causes everyone to look upon you with wonder, and hail upon you phrases such as:

Uth7KDl.png

Oh Ame, you smooth-talking puzzle-crazed sadist, you have no idea how I blushed when I was referred to as "the golden child" ☺️ Thank you

The Glass Factory was honestly the best thing that happened to me in this game. I was so overprepared for this and used my best team and it honestly felt like I was leagues ahead of everyone at the end of it. And guess what? I get the corresponding level of praise.

You know the best part of this, aside from the compliments thrown at us? It was REALISTIC. AF. If you notice the third consecutive battle (the one against Radomus and Serra) you'll notice that your Pokemon will have healed up, but the moves have the same PP as from the last battle. Bennett threw Full Restores at you, but doesn't do anything about power points, which reflects in the battle. It's little things like these that make me swoon at the attention to detail on these things, in such a massive game.

However, it isn't without faults. I've wanted to throw my brand new laptop across the room because some battles are just startlingly unfair. Now the fact is, I am a bad Pokemon player. And I admit it. But there are times when I have saved before a battle and Rock Slide has caused my Pokemon to flinch 32 times in a row despite my Pokemon using Double Team and having a Lax Incense to reduce accuracy and Rock Slide's lower accuracy - that's a probability of (0.3x0.9)^32 = 6.3626854e-19 (0.0000000000000000006362854) happening in 1. Obviously the fairness compartment of the game has been tweaked somewhat to increase the difficulty - something I dislike a lot. I would prefer if the natural laws or powers that be would resurface so as to make this game enjoyable overall.

Also not a big fan of the field effects. I get it. It's Reborn's thing and it makes sense that certain moves would have varying powers in varying locations. But I would prefer if a gym leader would use strategy to counter the trainer rather than use absurdly overpowered powerups that have to be adjusted to always. The very advanced Pokemon trainer would find counterplays to this, but most of it was the utilization of the same field effects against the opponents or other pokemon that straight up wall or brute force their way through these. (Of course the satisfaction of watching Acrobatics demolish everyone on Samson's team is second to none, but I think I've made my feelings clear)

About the area themselves - I hate the desert. Hate it so much. I dropped the game at E17 for around a year because of this danged thing. I know it's a necessity ('coz what's Pokemon without every type of area?) but gah it was so agonizing. Eventually I lost all hope and had to resort to YouTube for these puzzles.

And that's my take on Reborn.

Here is a list of the members I used ingame. I know it's more than the average person would use, but I've always loved being a builder and catching as many interesting Pokemon I like, or haven't used.

hvrApKy.png

There is no single best Pokemon in my team, but if I have to give someone that title, it goes to my ace, Serperior. I took 30+ hours breeding and training her to get the right set of IVs and EVs, plus the HP Fire down sometime around last year; the Contrary + Leaf Storm combo was amazing from the start. I have used her in every gym bar the Ice gym and never ever has she disappointed.

TB3LA6z.png

(I should really get some more finishing hits in here as proof of victory)

Noteworthy mentions:

Bronzong - what a champion this fella is. Tanks hits and sets up Light Screen and you got one indestructible motherfucker.

Steelix - I've always been a favor of the glass cannon type , till I met this boi. Got him from the hiker in Peridot ward, and served me faithfully up till now. My first Mega

Krookodile - Do you know how fast and hard this Pokemon hits? I thought he was overrated but I could not be more wrong

Walrein - Nearly always survived a hit from the deadliest of foes. My personal favorite moment is when he tanked a hit from Solaris' Mega Garchomp and anhilated it with a single Blizzard.

Golurk - The champion of champions. Also was one of my tankiest builds, yet still hit like a truck. Was responsible for the win against Charlotte and Titania

Rtl4WnA.png

Not the finishing hit but he tanked a Swords Dance boosted Shadow Sneak with around half HP to spare, which let him deal the final blow with ease. (Have to mention that Swords Dance is a +3 on this stage)

Megas (used in this run):

1. Steelix - The wins at Glass Factory were sealed thanks to three Pokemon - Serperior, Bronzong and this boi

xdlQxrw.png

2. Aerodactyl - Used at Agate vs Solaris final battle

OoKNBas.png

3. Manectric - Used vs. Hardy

zbP9NNn.png

pqDzW9X.png

I am proud to say that I have used zero mods (not even the weather or TMX mods) and this game is as clean and cheatfree as a... well, you get what I'm trying to say.

Now, to complete the Pokedex, and to finish off any pending sidequests so I can satisfy my inner perfectionist 😄