Official V10 Theory Thread

NarutoK

Hey guys.

So if you guys have been keeping up with the V10 Status Thread, you'll know that the only remaining factor that we're waiting on is the Beta Testing, which is estimated to be at 80% according to Jan. This means that the release of Version 10 is imminent, and I wanted to hear what you all are hoping to see/predicting to see, and since I believe that there's currently no other theory thread about V10, I decided to make one!

It'll be fun to hear all of your opinions, so have at it! I'll even throw mine in after I think it through properly!

Thanks, and have fun!

NarutoK

Since this episode didnt take that long ( i started playing in v8 so i dont know how long previous episodes took ) i dont think there will be much new content.

For starters i dont think we will be leaving GDC in this episode.I doubt we will find a way to turn Venam back to normal in this episode.What i do expect to happen is that we will have access to the DGC sewers and possibly Axis University.We may however find out who is behind turning people into stone.Also im very curious to find out what the secret is since i dont think Jan gave us a hint at all. My guess would be online features.

From what I understand this episode is likely going to play out the rest of GDC as the mapping was (likely) already mostly done which means that this episode probably just required updates, bug fixes, content, eventing (the longest part), and a few other loose ends. 

There are a ton of active story components in Rejuvenation so we could get a variety of different content this episode, but I personally expect the identities of Cosmia and Comet to be revealed, the tournament to get sabotaged or delayed as our player would get eaten alive at this point of the story, the GDC sewer to get opened up for some story component, for team Xen to make their presence known beyond Madelis, and maybe for the player to earn a new badge or two. I hope we get answers on why people are getting turned to stone, but I don't expect that issue to get resolved just yet, and I hope a few other giant questions receive at least some attention such as Aelita's role in her new form, the relationships of Melia/Maria/Mariannette, the player's involvement with Bladestar, as well as the identity of Madame X, etc. 

Big hopes, I love this game.

We're definitely going to get to the Hospital of Hope, à la the District Of Hope from Jan's profile. Also, as much as I don't want to admit it. I don't think we'll be leaving Grand Dream City. There's the tournament to do, and probably many other things. Xenpurgis anybody?

I also believe that Melia is Madame X (a Melia from the future), and I have my reasons. If anybody wants to know, then just share your Discord and I'll add you into a chat with some really plausible theories that me and a buddy have come up with. Trust me, my buddy knows a lot.

@leo_the_greatest

@Pozyher

@GS BALL

I'm hoping to see if Madame X is the one turning people into stone. Don't forget she has a damn Yveltal that has Oblivion Wing which takes the life out of beings and turns them to stone. The most likely culprit is her. Also don't forget only XERNEAS can change the stone figures back to normal.

11 hours ago, NarutoK said:

I also believe that Melia is Madame X (a Melia from the future), and I have my reasons. If anybody wants to know, then just share your Discord and I'll add you into a chat with some really plausible theories that me and a buddy have come up with. Trust me, my buddy knows a lot.

When this is true, will it be an intresting story... Cause why would she join the dark side while she is now fighting against them?!?!

15 hours ago, NarutoK said:

We're definitely going to get to the Hospital of Hope, à la the District Of Hope from Jan's profile. Also, as much as I don't want to admit it. I don't think we'll be leaving Grand Dream City. There's the tournament to do, and probably many other things. Xenpurgis anybody?

@leo_the_greatest

@Pozyher

@GS BALL

Sure, i would love to know what theories you have. My name is Pozyher#0743

14 hours ago, Damien said:

I'm hoping to see if Madame X is the one turning people into stone. Don't forget she has a damn Yveltal that has Oblivion Wing which takes the life out of beings and turns them to stone. The most likely culprit is her. Also don't forget only XERNEAS can change the stone figures back to normal.

Oof! I never thought of that! I'm pretty sure we all can safely assume that Xerneas is the "legendary of the game" if you will. It WOULD be pretty interesting to see how this plays out, but I feel like we don't get Xerneas until we're at least 15 or 16 gym badges into the game, which could mean two things.

1) We're going to be staying in Grand Dream City for a while

2) All the characters that are currently frozen in stone (Venam!!!!) will remain in stone for quite a while... :(

But wait!

3) Maybe Jan introduces the plot of Xerneas by having him cameo in a pretty bleak situation against Team Xen. One where everybody's like "No... That's impossible", or "It's been 3000 years!!! :(". Xerneas saves ya'll and unfreezes all (or possibly some; or possibly Venam) of the "stone people". Then it becomes the good guy's team role and plan, to capture Xerneas in the fight against Madame X, which WILL happen after the Elite 8, but before the Champion (à la Pokemon Black and White). I mean, come on. She had a Level 100 Yveltal, so that final boss fight HAS to happen after the Elite 8.

But, that's just my two cents on your theory. I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts. :) @HellBoyOnEarth @Damien

EDIT: @Pozyher, I'll add you in right now. Unfortunately, you won't be able to see the original messages, but I copied and past them into the group discussion, so you should still be able to read them :)

Edited by NarutoK

14 minutes ago, NarutoK said:

Oof! I never thought of that! I'm pretty sure we all can safely assume that Xerneas is the "legendary of the game" if you will. It WOULD be pretty interesting to see how this plays out, but I feel like we don't get Xerneas until we're at least 15 or 16 gym badges into the game, which could mean two things.

1) We're going to be staying in Grand Dream City for a while

2) All the characters that are currently frozen in stone (Venam!!!!) will remain in stone for quite a while... :(

But wait!

3) Maybe Jan introduces the plot of Xerneas by having him cameo in a pretty bleak situation against Team Xen. One where everybody's like "No... That's impossible", or "It's been 3000 years!!! :(". Xerneas saves ya'll and unfreezes all (or possibly some; or possibly Venam) of the "stone people". Then it becomes the good guy's team role and plan, to capture Xerneas in the fight against Madame X, which WILL happen after the Elite 8, but before the Champion (à la Pokemon Black and White). I mean, come on. She had a Level 100 Yveltal, so that final boss fight HAS to happen after the Elite 8.

But, that's just my two cents on your theory. I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts. :) @HellBoyOnEarth @Damien

EDIT: @Pozyher, I'll add you in right now. Unfortunately, you won't be able to see the original messages, but I copied and past them into the group discussion, so you should still be able to read them :)

Thank you very much. I'm pretty new to discord so forgive the question, but how do I join the group chat?

On your Xerneas theory... I have a feeling that the final Pokémon on Melia’s team is going to be a shiny Xerneas .-.

Prior to going to GDC, Melia says that she still needs one last team member, and that she doesn’t actively search for them herself, but they come to her instead. It’s a bit of a stretch but I think the addition of any other non-climatic Pokémon would be a really awkward place in the story. I’d much rather have the player get it though... but yeah.

Spoiler

I think this episode might be the first episode to reveal what the player really is. Not only that, but we get to do it along side my favorite character in the game so far. When they spoke to Nancy, they acted as if she wasn't really human... so what is she? She got murdered and that's pretty human... not to mention what if Crescent is Madame X? What if Crescent is playing a game with everyone's lives as she progresses closer to what she wants and it's hidden with the Garufa? They hated pokemon but had powers of their own to seal them away and curse others... they must have been against pokemon because of the cult that Melia's dad followed. What if pokemon really are the evil ones? Pokemon can either be some animal... or as intelligent and free as that evil Gardevoir. The game plays into that whole, pokemon are always innocent really well... until that one section where we see that evil gardevoir talk AND plot to kill Melia's mother. I like calling them the Followers of Arceus, and it fits for those little... psychopaths. Sacrificing people to Arceus... a pokemon said to be a god... but who would tell a human their god is a pokemon... besides a pokemon like gardevoir. One that can sense emotion and influence? A pokemon can seems so human... and even seduce if she wanted to so their beliefs can be spread. We humans are animals, started as animals, and evolved to still be animals with technology as our shield. Angie has to be Anju, meaning she was abused in that room until she was brainwashed and lost all hope. She and her powers now working for evil to spread her religion to fulfill a dark prophecy. What if all their followers are really just brainwashed by Psychic pokemon using their intelligence to forward their agenda towards a human free world? there's so many what ifs and I feel like none of mine are going to be right, but hey, I did my best to go out there and make it entertaining. :D

4 hours ago, murloc_rampage said:

Hide contents

I think this episode might be the first episode to reveal what the player really is. Not only that, but we get to do it along side my favorite character in the game so far. When they spoke to Nancy, they acted as if she wasn't really human... so what is she? She got murdered and that's pretty human... not to mention what if Crescent is Madame X? What if Crescent is playing a game with everyone's lives as she progresses closer to what she wants and it's hidden with the Garufa? They hated pokemon but had powers of their own to seal them away and curse others... they must have been against pokemon because of the cult that Melia's dad followed. What if pokemon really are the evil ones? Pokemon can either be some animal... or as intelligent and free as that evil Gardevoir. The game plays into that whole, pokemon are always innocent really well... until that one section where we see that evil gardevoir talk AND plot to kill Melia's mother. I like calling them the Followers of Arceus, and it fits for those little... psychopaths. Sacrificing people to Arceus... a pokemon said to be a god... but who would tell a human their god is a pokemon... besides a pokemon like gardevoir. One that can sense emotion and influence? A pokemon can seems so human... and even seduce if she wanted to so their beliefs can be spread. We humans are animals, started as animals, and evolved to still be animals with technology as our shield. Angie has to be Anju, meaning she was abused in that room until she was brainwashed and lost all hope. She and her powers now working for evil to spread her religion to fulfill a dark prophecy. What if all their followers are really just brainwashed by Psychic pokemon using their intelligence to forward their agenda towards a human free world? there's so many what ifs and I feel like none of mine are going to be right, but hey, I did my best to go out there and make it entertaining. :D

Wow this is really interesting. I never thought of that before and I wouldn't mind if that were the case. 

Spoiler

Now the turning people to stone 100% is linked to the vaccinations given in that city. I know Venam got the most basic one and Melia got a special one. The woman leading Grand Dream City works for Team Meteor and implemented the vaccinations as mandatory when she came into office. After that, people began turning to stone, meaning its her fault. How this is, I'm not entirely sure but it could be linked to Yvetal blood or that substance that turns pokemon into dimensional rift pokemon. True, Yvetal can turn people to stone but would Madame X really spend most of her time in Grand Dream City? When Kanon went for his vaccine, they said it was "The generic Purple Vaccine" which is exactly the same as Venam's. Kanon either will turn to stone, or is going to turn to stone. Maybe they're also looking for those who are IMMUNE to the vaccine's stone effects. Now the Red Vaccine can be either a normal vaccination or... it could be something made special for the two people who posed as the player and Nancy. Now one thing I do want to talk about... Melia's vaccination. This Golden Vaccine she got and I started to notice something was off about her... really off. I thought it was nothing... but when Venam turned to stone, I finally noticed how out of character she was. I know Venam turned to stone... but Melia isn't the type of character to go insane in two seconds. Even if it was Venam... I know something is wrong and that vaccine must be changing the way she thinks. After all, Team Meteor wants her... what better way than to use a vaccine to change the way she thinks and join them willingly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 2:09 PM, murloc_rampage said:

When Kanon went for his vaccine, they said it was "The generic Purple Vaccine" which is exactly the same as Venam's. Kanon either will turn to stone, or is going to turn to stone. Maybe they're also looking for those who are IMMUNE to the vaccine's stone effects.

Nah Kanon's being a lil (female dog) and runs away. But good thought tho. Theres only 2 victims of turning to stone and one of them is fake. Its clear that Nym is behind this terrorism, and she'll get put down eventually like they all do. 

1 hour ago, xPhinGaming said:

Nah Kanon's being a lil (female dog) and runs away. But good thought tho. Theres only 2 victims of turning to stone and one of them is fake. Its clear that Nym is behind this terrorism, and she'll get put down eventually like they all do. 

Spoiler

It is strange that she still finds the player as her friend, so there's more to this than it appears. Personally, I want to get the fun Nim back. Not termiNim.

3 minutes ago, murloc_rampage said:

It is strange that she still finds the player as her friend, so there's more to this than it appears. Personally, I want to get the fun Nim back. Not termiNim.

Nah I'd prefer we just put her down. Nim is going after my amigos, and we cant have it do that. Nim is that type of character that gets screwed the whole time with the 'good guys' and then joins the bad side and gets wrecked. 

Edited by xPhinGaming

1 minute ago, xPhinGaming said:

Nah I'd prefer we just put her down. Nim is that type of character that gets screwed the whole time with the 'good guys' and then joins the bad side and gets wrecked. 

At the end of the day we aren't making the game or its story so whatever happens, happens. :D 

2 minutes ago, murloc_rampage said:

At the end of the day we aren't making the game or its story so whatever happens, happens. :D 

We have control on what information we want to know about the storyline. Just playing the storyline without the sidequests will leave you on the surface on what is to come next.

10 minutes ago, xPhinGaming said:

We have control on what information we want to know about the storyline. Just playing the storyline without the sidequests will leave you on the surface on what is to come next.

Like the Chandelure one? That one was heart wrenching for me.