Hi and welcome to the pre-hype thread for the Pokemon Reborn Pentaop. A five player simultaneous nuzlocke of pokemon reborn featuring the following Youtubers.

King Nappy

Jayytgamer

NumbNexus

The HeatedMo

Twit

The reason why I made this thread is to get help from the reborn community about the various locations for event encounters so I can provide an accurate guide in the youtube comments sections so they can get every pokemon possible. As well as get feedback for ideas for what I should do with the general thread which I will release as soon as the first episode gets released

At the moment there is no official confirmation from any of the youtubers about if the game is randomized or not. The first and third pentaops  insurgence and light platinum were randomized while the second uranium was not. Is it currently possible to randomize pokemon reborn because I currently do not know and would wish to find out. Also feel free to provide general thoughts about expectations about how well they are going to do or special nuzlocke rulings that should be made for pokemon reborn. Example: as said in the general nuzlocke page for pokemon reborn should fights like garchomp/arceus count for deaths

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for 1, I too am hyped for this to FINALLY happen. Although, I do wish it was a normal playthrough of it. I'd like to see what teams they'd use and I also think they really will end the game once everyone loses and that sucks. And I have no clue if there is a randomizer version of this game or not. But I'm pretty sure that today is the last Penta-Op for Insurgence so yes for that! Do you know if they're gonna do it almost immediately after this or is it gonna be more for like end of the year @nepeta100 ?

King nappy as far as I'm concerned does not like it when people question him about when new series come out so we most likely wont know a concrete date until he says so/it comes out. The other youtubers might reveal it I haven't messaged them on twitter or asked them on their twitch streams so theres still hope about that. If its not randomized I will be rather upset because the randomization ruins the reborn experience in my opinion. I also hold the belief that nappy wouldn't uptalk himself beating one of the hardest fan games to nuzlocke in the video that had the announcement if it was randomized. Field effect reactions/pulse reactions are definitely going to be up there however as of the most recent versions you have to find the data for the field effects yourself in the overworld or search the old updates of the reborn forums instead of the main field effects page which I find weird personally. Also as an extension of the randomization ruining experience if they have random teams field effects are basically meaningless for the most part  XD

I think it will come out soon rather regardless not toward the end of the year because it would be the perfect replacement in the upload schedule since insurgence is done today

I'm hyped as fuck, this is no secret. I'm hoping they don't randomize it because if they do it will lessen the impact some battle have. I have no idea when it airs but it that only makes it better IMO. The moment I finally see it in my Sub-Box I will let out the best Squee ever

I really can't wait for this series to begin, though it might be a while of waiting. They finished their Uranium penta-op in February and didn't resume the Insurgence penta-op until September (though this could have been them waiting for insurgence to update.

I also hope they don't randomize it. I agree it would ruin the overall experience and difficulty of the game.

5 minutes ago, Lucky98 said:

I really can't wait for this series to begin, though it might be a while of waiting. They finished their Uranium penta-op in February and didn't resume the Insurgence penta-op until September (though this could have been them waiting for insurgence to update.

I also hope they don't randomize it. I agree it would ruin the overall experience and difficulty of the game.

they only picked up Insurgence again because it was "finished", if it hadn't been (which in some cases it still isn't) they wouldn't have done Insurgence. Nappy even said in an update that unless Insurgence was gonna get an update we wouldn't get a Penta-Op for the remainder of the year.

I'm really wondering how they will approach the "nuzlocke" rules. It is obvious that those rules must be bent a bit in Reborn, since you are locked for far too long in a huge city and the catchable (i.e. first per area) random encounters will be limited.

I think they shouldn't randomise reborn. If I see some weird shit like a Mewtwo/Zygarde surging through Julia, I will be seriously very upset. The whole thing is doing it the hard way.

Also, they probably should allow themselves to capture every event pokemon available, on top of the casual "first wild encounter per area" (with "areas" being places which offer a different encounter location in Pokemon's ID card).

And, of course, do all the tedious stuff with mining for items, trying to get a Pickup mon for the assist, etc... If they try to speedrun it, or believe even for a mere second that it's gonna be similar to Insurgence, they'll fail horribly...

That said...

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

7 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

they only picked up Insurgence again because it was "finished", if it hadn't been (which in some cases it still isn't) they wouldn't have done Insurgence. Nappy even said in an update that unless Insurgence was gonna get an update we wouldn't get a Penta-Op for the remainder of the year.

I realized just now that pokemon reborn is not one episode from being done so we will have to wait multiple occasions for this series to come back more than likely

1 minute ago, Jess said:

I'm really wondering how they will approach the "nuzlocke" rules. It is obvious that those rules must be bent a bit in Reborn, since you are locked for far too long in a huge city and the catchable (i.e. first per area) random encounters will be limited.

Knowing Nappy, they'll probably consider gift and event pokemon as static encounters that they get in addition to the wild pokemon in that specific area. For random encounters though, they'l probably go off area names as per there usual rules. I guess that they'll end up having very similar teams. I really hope they take the time to get the mystery egg

9 minutes ago, Jess said:

And, of course, do all the tedious stuff with mining for items, trying to get a Pickup mon for the assist, etc...

if they even know to do that even XD the game does not really explain how helpful that is for nuzlockes

• Veterans
12 minutes ago, Jess said:

By the way, where has Nappy announced that they are doing it? I can't find it anywhere...

Recent update video. This one I believe at 12:24

• Veterans

Also;

The reason why I made this thread is to get help from the reborn community about the various locations for event encounters so I can provide an accurate guide in the youtube comments sections so they can get every pokemon possible. As well as get feedback for ideas for what I should do with the general thread which I will release as soon as the first episode gets released

Not a fan of giving them a guide. They've mentioned that they're essentially going in Blind and IMO this would ruin some of that experience. Let them explore for themselves.

I'm not giving them a guide I'm telling them where the event encounters its not like telling them where event encounters are is going to break the game they probably record episodes in bulk so a comment detailing the event mons in their current area from episode to episode shouldn't break the game. The more important part of my comments is to keep an accurate record to keep track of deaths

• Veterans
6 minutes ago, Jess said:

They will make their homework anyways. Going for a nuzlocke unprepared in this kind of games is suicidal.

I'd say it's pretty suicidal even with homework. It's possible, but the amount of grinding just makes it not fun from personal experience. I had to essentially train a new team from the ground, every other gym from Shade onwards, after his Chandelure single handedly killed 5 of my team. Not only does that require quite a bit of time, but also knowing where and how to get the useful stuff.

At the same time, it'd be more enjoyable to watch if they found it out themselves without being told by another person about it. Shrug.