Mining Overhaul (v2 - E18)

AiedailEclipsed

• Supporter

NOTE: The core feature of this mod -- added mining options for stones -- was added in the final update of Reborn.

As such, this mod isn't really actively supported any longer. The Gitlab source will remain up in case anyone wants to dig in and riff off what I did.

mining-overhaul.png

Mining Overhaul

an ease of life & content update mod by AiedailEclipsed

Let's dive right in! This mod does a few different things, but its primary purpose was to add the evolution stones (from Gen IV forward) and the fossils (from Gen V forward) to the mining minigame in Reborn. However, while I was doing that, I added in three other valuable (in terms of selling value) items as well! I also went a step further and overhauled the probability values of the mining system, making it a smidge easier to acquire fossils and other useful items. The last thing I did for the purposes of this mod was to create two new "delimiters" for two particular categories of items which will ensure that you can only get one of those per mining round. This mod uses the modular setup that was adopted into the core Reborn code, which makes this mod super easy to install and also fairly compatible with other mods. But enough of the overview, let's get into the nitty gritty!

New Items Available via Mining

Spoiler
  • Fossils
    • Cover Fossil
    • Plume Fossil
    • Sail Fossil
    • Jaw Fossil
  • Evolutionary Stones
    • Dawn Stone
    • Dusk Stone
    • Shiny Stone
    • Ice Stone
  • Valuable Items
    • Nugget
    • Big Nugget
    • Comet Shard

Mining Probabilities & Delimitation

Spoiler

The short and quick version is as follows:

• Fossils = 4.20% chance to find*
  • Plates = 14.28% chance to find*
  • Rare Miscellaneous = 6.3% chance to find*
  • Evolutionary Stones = 16.70% chance to find*
  • Uncommon Miscellaneous = 16.72% chance to find
  • Common Miscellaneous = 12.55% chance to find
  • Shards & Heart Scales = 29.30% chance to find

* = Delimitation, which is just a fancy way of saying that you can only find one item from each category per mining screen. Mixing and matching is possible though! So, for example: you couldn't find a Dusk Stone and a Fire Stone, but you could find a Sail Fossil and a Meadow Plate simultaneously.

For more information on the probabilities for each item, including a listing of the categories, see this spreadsheet. That spreadsheet also lists the vanilla Reborn values so that you can easily compare and contrast the two.

Installation

Spoiler
  • Step 1: Download the mod from any of the available sources in the download section.
  • Step 2: Unzip the folder.
  • Step 3: Go to where you unzipped the downloaded folder, then grab the entire "Mods" folder and place it within the "Data" folder of your Pokémon Reborn installation. If you already have some mods installed, you might have to merge the folders.

And now you're done! Enjoy!

Downloads

NOTE: The core feature of this mod -- added mining options for stones -- was added in the final update of Reborn.

As such, this mod isn't really actively supported any longer. The Gitlab source will remain up in case anyone wants to dig in and riff off what I did.

Edited by AiedailEclipsed
archiving.
  • Like 1

• Global Mods

Seems like a pretty cool mod! I was always annoyed that only the 'basic' evolution stones were available from mining.  

Would you consider adding any sort of "ultra-rare" finds? it could be a kind of cool thing to encourage mining once people don't need any of the standard stuff anymore

• Supporter
39 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Seems like a pretty cool mod! I was always annoyed that only the 'basic' evolution stones were available from mining.  

Would you consider adding any sort of "ultra-rare" finds? it could be a kind of cool thing to encourage mining once people don't need any of the standard stuff anymore

I'm certainly not against adding more in future updates. I was actually considering adding the type boosting gems in the future. However, as far as ultra rare finds go, what would you consider those to be? I can't really think of anything, to be honest!

• Global Mods
7 minutes ago, AiedailEclipsed said:

I'm certainly not against adding more in future updates. I was actually considering adding the type boosting gems in the future. However, as far as ultra rare finds go, what would you consider those to be? I can't really think of anything, to be honest!

The only ones I've thought of so far could be mega stones (might not work), Eviolite, Toxic/Flame/Life Orb, or maybe some kind of 'time capsule' that could contain rare items that don't normally make sense in rocks, like choice items, leftovers, lucky egg etc

• 5 months later...

Just a quick heads-up: This mod should work perfectly fine with E18 as long as you don't replace E18's Scripts.rxdata. There's been only two changes to mining between E17.1 and E18: One of them doesn't affect this mod as it doesn't touch that change, the other was an increase in the base probability weight of Heartscales.

What that means is that Heartscales are slightly less likely to be found with this mod than they would be in vanilla Reborn E18, but that's about it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporter

Hello all!

I've been putting off releasing an update because I'm lazy E18 was coming soon. In any case, we're now compatible with E18! Hooray! What does this mean? Originally you needed to replace the Reborn scripts file with one that had the modular code added in order to enable it. In this last episode release, the devs added that to the core Reborn game though! This means we don't have to deal with replacing anything like that (mostly -- some mods might still need to do that for whatever reason, but that is Not My Problem™). Take a look at the installation section in the first post for more information on the new process.

Anyway, there were some other minor changes with this release outside of the E18 update (comment fixes, adjusted rates for some of the fossils, & fixed the Odd Keystone rate). I also updated the probability spreadsheet (https://myas.link/mo-probabilities) with the new Heart Scale rate for vanilla Reborn (shoutout to Aironfaar for posting about it)!

For anyone that's used this mod in the past, you might have noticed some of the sections on the thread vanished. They've moved to their new home on one of my personal sites, which you can find here (https://myas.link/mining-overhaul). I mostly did this to make my life slightly easier and centralize some of this to one page.

(Possibly) Coming Soon-ish: more things to mine! Really just depends on the kind of time I have available to dedicate to creating the graphics.

Have fun kiddos!

Edited by AiedailEclipsed
update shortlink

• 1 year later...

I have a small problem, I just installed the mod and I'm using blast powder in the beryl caves to mine up the rest of the already mined rocks but the items in the rocks are invisible now, ive been able to mine them with luck and the sound of them being found but that's it, the sparkle when a piece is first revealed is still there too

Edited by Leothegambler

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm getting this error when I try to use the mod. 

The problem seems to be with the .png file (which I can't open on my computer, it says file type not supported), but when I don't include the .png file then all mining items are invisible when I start to mine.

I am using 18.4 and also have the SWM mod pack.

Thanks

error.png.755f38e1fb4f906264587cd047a9b879.png

On 7/8/2020 at 7:06 AM, QueenAriados said:

Hello, I'm getting this error when I try to use the mod. 

The problem seems to be with the .png file (which I can't open on my computer, it says file type not supported), but when I don't include the .png file then all mining items are invisible when I start to mine.

I am using 18.4 and also have the SWM mod pack.

Thanks

error.png.755f38e1fb4f906264587cd047a9b879.png

I had the same problem. What I did was download the Rejuvenation Modular Modpack (which includes a version of this mining overhaul) and copy + pasted + renamed only the image file from there to replace the image file in this Reborn version. Seems to be working for me now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hmad44 said:

I had the same problem. What I did was download the Rejuvenation Modular Modpack (which includes a version of this mining overhaul) and copy + pasted + renamed only the image file from there to replace the image file in this Reborn version. Seems to be working for me now.

Thank you for the fix!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, no idea if you're still monitoring this server or not, but I can't seem to make this mod work. I did exactly as you described in the readme (and on this page) and still have yet to see any of the new items. I've been searching for like an hour too so I doubt it's a matter of luck. Do I need to remove the files from the Mining Overhaul folder before putting them in the Data folder, or is there something else going on here? Thanks for any help you can offer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...