The tavern built into the body rocked side to side as it moved through the water. The wooden walls were decorated just right to give a homey sort of feel. Kenku’s rushed around delivering drinks and a bard played a merry tune on a barrel. A halfling sat at a table, receiving constant orders for more drinks. 

The halfling chortled merrily as he took another long sip from his bottle. The sway of the ship, The Falcon’s Edge, didn’t effect him as he continued to drink and recieve more drinks. The halfling barely seemed to notice when rum almost spilled on his fancy suit he was wearing. The halfling took a swig from the now empty bottle and glared at it as if it was the bottle’s fault for being empty. He set the bottle down and looked at the ragtag group sitting at the table. He took a swig from a new bottle, which was provided by a Kenku, before addressing the eleven. “Welcome to the Safe Travel Society, where we are dedicated to... safe travels. I’ll spare you all my usual spiel, so we can still have time for merrymaking.  The basis of this is that, we send you out into the wilds, you tame the wilds, and get paid. We get safe trade routes in return. No work, no pay. We will send a messenger to check in and deliver pay occcasionslly. You all already should know this, you did sign up to join after all. Sometimes we might send you in a special mission, like this one. You might have to work as detectives. Anyway, you all know the story of Clearwell’s springs: Some magical magic sorcery happened or a priest blessed the pond. Regardless many people claim it performs miracles. But now it doesn’t. You get to find out why. You get a little adventure, side cash, travel, and maybe some other good things. Now, I expect you not to kill each other, but I don’t really know any of you. Feel free to let me know you. It might be wise to introduce yourself to your companions. At least then you know who’s name to curse when you get stabbed in the back.”

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A tall man wearing a well worn suit of chainmail with what appeared to be several large strips of leather armoring placed over his breastplate raised up a tankard full of water before he said. "My name is Sir Kaeso Entreri of the order of the silver flame, and I hope that the rest of you know better than to try and betray a man of god, as I am sure that we all know what happens to traitors now don't we?." He then leaned forward on his seat slightly to get a better look at their employer. "And before we continue Mr. Halfling, I feel as if it might be a good idea for you to tell us anything else you know about the area around Clearwell, and of course I think you have yet to actually tell me what your name is."

Tan puts down the mug of water that he was drinking while listening to Kaeso's introduction and question posed to the halfling onto the table, deciding to get this introduction thing over with already. "Now if i may Sir Kaeso, i would like to introduce myself before our employer answers your question. I am Tan Bai and I'm just a simple wanderer that's just trying to make a name for himself. Now about our future relationships, I wont say we need to be good friends and buddies, but let's try not to hinder each other when it counts." Finishing his introduction, Tan then turns to look at the halfling. "Now if you could introduce yourself as Sir Kaeso said our dear employer"

Nadine takes a sip of her drink as her eyes move over her companions and then she responds. "My name is Nadine, I'm a sorcerer, and that's about all you need to know. I'm a reasonable person. so I won't attack others unless provoked."

Desmond, who was drinking a cup of tea and reading a book alone in a table, thought the sooner he introduce himself the better, as he always hated socializing for nothing. Without even looking away from the book he was reading, he starts to introduce himself.

"Greetings. My name is Wellian Desmond, but please call me Desmond."

Being fast and short on his introduction, Desmond takes another sip of his tea and continues reading the book, but paying attention to what the others would say.

“Oh are we introducing ourselves? Hi everyone,” She began with an earnest smile and a stiffled excitement ”My name is Amaranthine Crevasse. I’m here to gladly assist you all with whatever my magic and my blade can do.”  As soon as she finished, the tabaxi slipped back among the rest of the group with a slightly embarassed meow.

Edited by Cataline

Guest Sparkin'

"Introductions? How foolish..." Said the girl, who revealed her face hiding before a hood and her glowing purple hair, sighing in disappointment. "Why would there be any reason for me to introduce myself?"

The blue skinned man sits at the table, wearing a loose fitting shirt, and slacks. An octopus sits on his shoulder, the tentacles pulling food out of the mans beard as he eats his seafood soup. He looks up and responds "Thou can call me Captain Zarick when thine ship comes in. Now, pintsized one, Lest our quest be Bescumbered, praytell what you know of the Clearwell Springs as this Knight has asked."

15 minutes ago, Venus said:

"Introductions? How foolish..." Said the girl, who revealed her face hiding before a hood and her glowing purple hair, sighing in disappointment. "Why would there be any reason for me to introduce myself?"

The knight turned slightly to look in the girl's direction before he said. "So that I would be able to tell my God whose continued safety I am praying for, without having to settle for something as vague as 'That hooded girl who does not understand why people would want to know what name they should call her by.'"

yisan was listening to the other bard perform so that he could learn what kind of music people liked around thees parts when he herd his employer speak. after hearing his companions state who they were he introduces himself 

i am yisan rednaw. bard at your pleasure.

Ah, yes the introductions.. let get this over and done with. Thought Jeanna as she toook a sip of her coffee. "I am Jeanna Proudmoor, I'll assist you in combat. Don't get in my way and we'll be good." She said as she took another sip.

Guest Sparkin'
58 minutes ago, Cronos5010 said:

The knight turned slightly to look in the girl's direction before he said. "So that I would be able to tell my God whose continued safety I am praying for, without having to settle for something as vague as 'That hooded girl who does not understand why people would want to know what name they should call her by.'"

The hooded girl replied: "A lowly creature such as yourself does not know to create a name by yourself?" 

Lynsal was drinking heavily, and after a few people introduced themselves, he raised his head. "I'm..." He stares at the Halfling for a little while, then continues. "I'm Lynnnshal.. Nai-hic.. Nai-hic.. Nail-hic-o.. Nailo. I'm here for money for booze." After which he takes a tankard of ale up to his lips and takes a few deep sips of the beverage. He let out a large belch and sat down, visibly drunk and swaying from side to side.

1 minute ago, Venus said:

The hooded girl replied: "A lowly creature such as yourself does not know to create a name by yourself?" 

The knight visibly rolled his eyes at the hooded girl and said "Well I guess a lowly creature such as yourself does not deserve a name, so that is what I am going to call you from now on. 'Creature'."

His arms folded over his chest and his tired eyes slowly sweeping over the ragtag group of adventurers, a slender man clad in a dark longcoat finally spoke up. "Name's Gael. My terms are very simple: I do what needs to be done and I ask no questions; in exchange I expect to be paid well and be asked no questions. Don't worry, I'm used to working with worse bands of outcasts than this one."

With a sly smile, he added: "Don't see what could possibly go wrong."

“This is actually a somewhat decent group. We have a do-gooder, a cat, a sorcerer, a bookworm, a simple man, a creature, a sailor, a bard, an elf, an alcoholic, and a sellsword. Not too shabby. I know I certainly don’t mind the sellsword. The name’s Alaren. Clearwell is on the coast, in case it wasn’t obvious. The springs are a few miles to the southwest of it. It was a fishing village that grew when word spread that the water in the springs could heal. I never bought into it myself, but I know a lot of people did.” A Kenku brought over 12 drinks in fany bottles. The halfling grabbed one and drank up. He passed the others around. “Drink up, travelers. A toast to adventure we should have.”

Edited by DigitalAmber

"No, thank you." Said, Desmond, when the Kenku offered him a drink. "You can give it to the Wood Elf over there, I'm sure he would appreciate it more than I would ever do."

8 minutes ago, DigitalAmber said:

“Drink up, travelers. A toast to adventure we should have.”

"An adventure we should have, huh. Now ain't that some jinxing to what we will encounter." Tan thought."Still, no point in bringing it up. Might as well do as what he says." Thinking to himself, Tan grabbed 1 one of the bottles and said, "To a fruitful and save adventure" and drank the drink after that.

"I will pass thank..." she responded rather absentmindedly as she was absorbed by the slightest tension between Sir Entreri and the hooded girl . Her attitude had called a little more attention, than most would try to do on their first day. Besides, it was worth learning about those who would be working with her from now on.

"Thank you, Alaren, but I think I have already drunk enough." Answered Nadine, politely declining the drink. Kaeso Entreri, Tan Bai, Wellian Desmond.... Amaranthine? Crevasse, Zarrik... She goes through the names of her new companions in her mind a couple of times and thinks to herself: I wonder what's the deal with that hooded girl that refuses to share her name.

Ignoring the faint, echoing growls of the fiend tugging at a dark corner of his mind, Gael accepted the drink without a word, and took a small sip while adjusting his position on the chair. "Might want to keep an eye out for these two's antics", he thought silently, glancing sideways at the paladin and the hooded girl. "The others don't particularly seem to be looking for trouble. Heh. Fine with me either way."

Alaren grabbed Nadine’s drink. “Oh well, your loss. The house brew is good, yannow. These birds are masters at this stuff. I heard they take this stuff seriously. Apparently a colleague said that the drinks were a matter of pride. They use it to measure self worth or something, so it makes them feel somewhat worthless I heard. Again, this is all just what s friend informed me of.” 

A kenku walked overto the table and glanced at the drinks. He noted that Desmond passed his drink over to Lynnshal. “Is everything alright? I can get you something else if house brew is not to your taste. Maybe something non alcoholic? Some folks simply don’t like alcohol and being drunk.” The Kenku’s tone and accent changed massively throughout his question. Occasionally it was a feminine elf voice or a rough dwarvish tone.  

Oh, it's been so long since I last met a Kenku. I had forgotten about how they don't have their own voice. "Oh, yes, please." Desmond glances over his empty tea cup, and handles it to the Kenku. "Could you please bring one more cup of Matcha Tea? Also, you might want to give a cup of tea instead of a drink to those two over there. You know, to calm them down instead of encouraging them to fight. And I'm pretty sure the "Creature" over there is underaged."

“Underaged. Oh, I completely forgot. I shall certainly get some tea!” The Kenku took “Creature”’s bottle and the tea cup. He came back a few minutes later with multiple cups of tea. “One Matcha tea.” The Kenku amusingly spoke this in Desmond’s voice. The bird passed out to to those who haven’t drunk their bottle yet. 

Edited by DigitalAmber

Leaving most of his bottle intact, Gael slightly raised his voice to be heard over the clamor or the tavern and asked Alaren:

"Anything interesting reported by the locals as to what could be going on over there? Would be a shame if we came all the way here to eventually discover that nothing's going on at all. Not like I care much as long as I'm paid though."