MRC's nostalgia playthrough

M4RC

Alright. 

The poll has been done, the rules are up. Now the playthrough starts. Thanks to everyone who voted. For now, you are allowed to comment on this, but please be restrictive with it. I'm happy to read elaborate posts or feedback on here, but if it's several "small" comments (like for example: "This is gonna be interesting"/"Good work so far"/"You're shit"), please comment THERE instead.

Chapter 1 - Aufbruchstimmung

Alright, here I am. Off to a new adventure.

I'm close to arriving in this new region. It's called Reborn. I don't know much about it, but I've heard it's quite the challenge.

We're already driving through a desert, where I can see an Absol. Feels like it's staring at me. It's kinda unsettling, but I'm nervous anyways, so that's probably it.

As I'm thinking about what the future will bring, a young woman comes over and starts talking to me. Something about her is... impressive. I can feel some kind of strength coming from her.

As we're talking, she suddenly shouts "Watch out". After that, everything happens in an instant. Both of us make it out of that train, as it explodes in the station.

Despite everything, that woman -  her name is Ame - seems calm and tells me to go to the Grand Hall. Apparently she's working with the Reborn league and will offer me a Pokemon to start my journey with.

This isn't exactly gonna be my first Pokemon though. I know that my beloved Cyndaquil has been transferred to me via PC. 
I can't wait to see my dear friend again, but for now, it's time to go to the Grand Hall.

By the way, my name is MRC, just in case you wondered. I've come here alone to find something. I'm not quite sure what it is yet, but there's this restless feeling in my heart. I may have an idea what I'm looking for, but it's probably too soon to tell.

Anyways, I've arrived at the Grand Hall and was greeted by a girl named Victoria. She seems like she has a sense of duty.

We enter the great hall and reunite with Ame, who guides us to a room with A LOT of pokeballs. We have to choose one each and I'll be the one to go first.

When standing in front of the pokeballs, I'm a bit unsure at first, and for some reason, I can hear a voice in my head that resembles Ame's. It says: "If you can't decide, go for Bulbasaur"

I'm inclined to follow that impulse for a short moment, but something stops me. I pause for a moment and go to the blue row, where I look at the second pokeball. "Totodile, huh? I know you from back in Johto."

While I'm saying those words to myself, I grab the pokeball. It feels exciting, and my decision has been made.

Totodile it is.

I go downstairs while Victoria is picking her Pokemon and meet this violet-haired guy, Cain.

He seems to be a decent fellow, albeit a bit on the sassy/pervy side of things. Definitely has got an interesting personality. We decide to battle and I emerge victorious.

Right afterwards Victoria wants to test her new partner as well, however, her Litten is no challenge to me.

After some bureacracy and recieving my gear, I'm finally free to go. First of all, it's time to get my dear partner out of the PC.

After that? Who knows. 
I leave the Grand Hall, and I get a feeling that this is gonna be something special. I don't know what's the future gonna bring, but as I look to the setting sun, I feel exhilaration. I look at Totodile and Cyndaquil and make my way towards Peridot...

cyndaquil.PNG.4798066d671951e81f5371e214d278de.PNG

Totodile.PNG.85582ffbd07935271a5f8899e3251e35.PNG

This is a really good start,and the writing is amazing. You know how to draw in your reader and keep them hooked the entire time, not to mention the way you are able to control the tome of the chapter.

You pointed out the Absol to create a sense of unease, as many pokemon fans know that Absol only appears for those who it wants to warn. By doing this you also let us have a glimpse into the mind of MRC. He's nervous about going somewhere he dosn't know. Both of these factors are the signs of a talented author or storyteller.

The fact that you didn't mention Julia kind of caught my attention, and I was wondering why that was. Julia was (to me) a very hard to miss person, due to her being so hyper. Perhaps she isn't so important in your run. But this is a first of the few that I have read.

Chapter 2 - A storming realisation

As I'm walking towards Peridot, the Opal Bridge catches my eye. There are a lot of trainers standing on there.

I figure I'll test myself against them and engage in fighting every single person on the bridge, when I suddenly see a few kids cornering a Zigzagoon and bullying it. That's not happening - not on my watch! 

I intervene and beat them to a pulp - or rather, Cyndaquil and Totodile do it. 

The Zigzagoon seems especially grateful and apparently it decides to come with me. Welcome to the team, "Zagga"!

After my little stroll I go to the Grand Hall to heal everyone up. As I exit I realise a massive thunderstorm has formed.

It's pitch black, you can't even see what's directly to the side of you, and there's heavy rain that suffocates every other sound - apart from the deafening thunder followed by blinding lightning, of course. In movies, terrible things happen on nights like these.

For once, I'm really glad that my partners are in their pokeballs. You see, Cyndaquil doesn't like rain. His flame is strong, even stronger than those of other Cyndaquils - after all, blue flames burn hotter - but he still can't stand rain this heavy. It's just not his element.

After a short walk I finally reach Peridot. With the short glimpses you get from the city during the lightning, it seems even more run down.

At this point a few events happened to take place, so I completed them (because I can do these according to the rule, I just can't ever use the Pokemon from them) - I obtained a Blitzle, a Mincino, a Tynamo, the Kriketot and a Panpour; I missed one because I ran out of Pokesnax and forgot I could buy them in Peridot - silly me)

As I look for shelter - the storm was getting stronger - I end up in a fisherman's house. He is kind enough to grant me access to his pool where I can find water types - or where I could find them if I had a rod. Luck was on my side though, as the fisherman mentioned a friend of his who may have some spares. And he actually had a spare for me!

I'll try it out and fish a bit while Totodile is having the time of his life in the pool. I pick up a Goldeen, because there were so many swarming me!

Since the storm had gotten slightly weaker, I decide to visit north Peridot. The streets are dilapidated here and there are thugs everywhere!
As I teach them manners, my Cyndaquil actually evolves into Quilava. They grow up so fast!

In an especially dubious street, I can see hear something by the trashcans. I get closer, but all I can see is a Zangoose sprinting away from me as if it's life depended on it.

Well, nothing you can do about that.

While looking at a spring, I get attacked by a Surskit and catch it.

I feel like speaking to the residents of north Peridot, and I encounter some quite paradox situations. Nearly everyone let's me into their house, but the some people by the run-down streets seem paralysed by fear - one woman in particular was shivering the entire time, even tough she just spoke about her fears to me, a stranger - do I actually look that trustworthy?

The astonishing part is that her fears would actually come true. As I was looking around other houses, I managed to overhear two characters planning something and the rushing out of the house with menacing looks on their faces. They called themselves "Team Meteor".

I get a nauseous feeling and dash to the woman's house, where I catch those two trying to take her Igglybuff away from her.

You can't imagine the amount of rage building up in me in that very moment, waiting to be unleashed - and Quilava felt the same, setting their asses on fire after we'd beaten them.

The woman - still in shock - begged me to take care of her beloved Igglybuff. I agreed, and I hope to be able to give it back to her one day, when she doesn't have to fear for its wellbeing anymore.

On a real note - I'm supposed to return this Igglybuff much later in the game, aren't I? In that case, it probably shouldn't be a part of my team and evolve - or am I mistaken? (If you have an answer to this, please let me know via PM or by posting in the rules-thread)

After those stressfull events I decide to take a nap, still thinking about this so called "Team Meteor".

To my surprise, I wake up to an absolutely beautiful day the next morning. 

As I look at the gate the train's supposed to drive through, something catches my eye - a small green... Budew is running on the wall and jumps into my arms - welcome, little fella!

While wandering around I see a green-haired boy standing there. He seems to be annoyed. Trying to talk to him results in a battle.

He seems to be a sore loser. Condescending prick.

My training, my preparations seem to be done with this one, though.

"Maybe it's time to finally challenge the gym" *LOL NOPE*

As I want to get into the gym, Julia - that lovely, explosive, upbeat girl - comes out and tells me that our battle will have to wait because she has business at the Mosswater factory. Apparently, the guys who blew up Grandview Station are there and they're planning on doing the same to the power plant.

I start to connect the dots now and realise what this threat actually is!

Upon arriving at the factory, I meet that prick, Fern, again. Apparently him and his sister are helping out as well.

His sister is very interesting - she seems incredibly rational, with a calm mind, although she does seem emotionless, nearly robotic at times as well, which is why Fern calls her "Flobot" at times. Not a very flattering name. I prefer "Rini", as Julia calls her. Or her actual name, Florinia.

While still debating how to get into the factory, Julia just goes and blows the gate up, that absolute madwoman!

We enter and decide to split up into pairs - I'm with Fern. Florinia tells me to take care.

As for Fern, he gets a "Permission for you to be life-endangeringly reckless: Granted".

She's a savage, that amazing girl!

Soon afterwards, we see the first of the pack. I recognise that clothing. "Team Meteor, huh? As I thought". Those grunts are no challenge for me and Fern though, as we progress outrageously fast and reunite with the others. A closed gate is blocking our path, therefore we get some explosives.

As Julia wants to get things going, the gate suddenly opens. We progress to find the man who is behind this and his executives. Fern and me beat the executives, however, all members of Team Meteor flee even though the battle between the other one and Florinia and Julia was still in progress.

Either way, we have won. And as we leave the factory, Julia gets her satisfaction in blowing it up! I wouldn't want that girl to be my enemy!

RightAfterJulia.PNG.69b43240f43aad48f830171cfd1e1cf5.PNGThat being said, she is gonna be my next major opponent. The other trainers in her gym are no match for me, however, I can't but appreciate the idea of progressing - very Julia-esque by blowing up the closed gates.

At last, I finally stand before her.

The battle with Julia is a tough one - although I expected this much. After all, I do have three water types in my team at this point.

Special thanks to "Zagga" - he broke her field with and managed to land some crucial headbutts!

In the end, it came down to both our trump cards. Her Lectrode against my Quilava.

And it was my beloved fire-honeybadger who emerged victorious.

With this, I finally had it. My first badge!

I also completed the event for Teddiursa, got a Grimer, a Pineco and I completed the Onix event - time to change my team around and get the new additions to a decent level.

Still in awe of the fight I exit the gym and meet Victoria, who has a very serious look on her face and needs to tell me something important. Apparently, Obsidia is being rampaged by plants and the people won't be able to hold out anymore.

Ravaging plants taking down an entire city?

I'm not just gonna stand by and do nothing like a wimp! I get my team ready and make my way to Obsidia. 
I don't exactly know what lies in front of me, but I'm not gonna be bested by grass, that's for sure...

Chapter 3 - The roots of evil

I reach Obsidia and I'm granted access thanks to Florinia.

Obsidia, already in ruins because of earthquakes, has now fallen to murderous plants. The people are shivering or speechless, many have lost their loved ones.

My first stop is the Pokecenter. After all, my team needs to be fit if I don't want to fall victim to the plants as well.

After that, I decide to take a look at the houses next to it. Just in case, because someone might need my help.

I enter a house with an elderly couple who greet me. They seem to be the famous daycare couple!
Just when I want them to take care of one of my Pokemon, they suddenly say something among the lines of "Aren't you-?"

They seem to recognise me from somewhere. They proceed to tell me about how they're actually closed right now and want me to leave.

Not gonna lie, I'm slightly enraged at this point and can feel some heat emerging within me. Apparently, this couple recognises me although I've never seen them and they refuse to say anything about it. They're just trying to get rid with me.

I keep talking to them - I'm in the mood to argue because of this - when one of them suddenly loses his cool and reveals that they're actually from Team Meteor and have kidnapped the true couple. That's enough for me to burst.
I take them out in an instant.

Even so, they didn't tell me where to look. 

Since it seems that they're not in this area  I have no choice but to make my way through the Obsidia Slums.

I do get stopped by Victoria though who wants to battle me. Really? Now of all times?

After beating her, I finally enter the slums. I've heard quite a bit about this place. It's not supposed to be pretty down here.

That being said, I'm getting through them very swiftly - I even pick up a mysterious egg - although a gang of Scraggy and Scrafty try to take me out near the end.

Eventually, I beat them, exit the slums and decide to walk south.

I reach Coral ward. Not much to do here it seems. There are a few warehouses with noises coming from them, but I'm unable to open any of them. At last, I walk to the pier where a see an absolutely astonishing woman looking towards the lighthouse. As I get closer I realise that she's looking to save a Popplio on the other side. We chat a bit. Her name's Amaria and apparently she's one of the strongest gym leaders out there. I can see where she's coming from. I can't help but feel her emit something. Something that reminds me of a certain someone, but I just can't wrap my head around it just now.

Either way, she also mentions that water-type Pokemon would get hurt severely if they tried to cross the poisonous lake.

Enter Cain.

As we're still thinking about how we could help, Cain shows up, which is absolutely perfect. He's sassy as always, summons Grimer and saves Popplio which proceeds to join him. After a battle with me to strengthen their bond even further, Amaria uses her status to allow me to proceed into other parts of Obsidia where we eventually meet up with Florinia, who proceeds to give me "TMX Cut".

This means we can now make our way through the park. Florinia and Amaria go first and suddenly get snatched by plants because they weren't on guard yet. I rush after them since it looks like the plants are suffocating them, just to find a member of Team Meteor and a Tangrowth in some kind of machine.

The member induces himself/herself/itself/xyrself as Zero, Eve and Lumi - or ZEL.

ZEL and I battle - he uses the Tangrowth in the machine. This isn't like anything I've seen before. Right at the beginning of the battle, Tangrowth seems to mutate, with its' strength rising exponentially!

I am - however - able to eventually whittle it down and defeat ZEL. Florinia and Amaria are saved and the plants in Obsidia seem to have stopped growing.

Not even that, they seem to be shrinking and there are less of them! I instantly make the connection that the machine had to do something with it.

That being said, the Obsidia crisis seems to be solved and I can now proceed to Onyx, where Florinia awaits me in her gym.

As I'm trying to enter, that little twat troll Fern locks me out. Fortunately, I can get in there via the Onyx school as well.

I make my way through just to find Fern trying to block me again. Not today, little boy.

His sister poses more of a challenge but eventually has no chance but to admit defeat in front of my Quilava.

After all this stress, I deserve a bit of rest. I discover that Onyx does in fact have an Arcade. And incidentially, I picked up a coin case at the Onyx trainer school. I'm not much of a gambler if luck is the only factor, however, they do have games that require you to think. I like that.

I keep playing and eventually I've won enough to afford the prize I was looking for - a Nidoran m. 
Welcome to the party, little fella!

Now that everything has been done here, I return to Obsidia. I enter an uninhabited house and actually manage to find a Warehouse key and I suddenly remember!
I dash down to Coral Ward and open the warehouses. In one, there's another Team Meteor member. After I beat him, I realise that there's something hiding from him. It seems to be a Happiny, completely in shock. However, it seems to have realised that I'll do no harm to it and decides to accompany me.

In the second Warehouse, the Spoink-event takes place

In the third house, I find the daycare couple! I'm really glad I managed to find them and they turn out to be the lovely couple everyone has heard about!

As I'm looking for someplace to spend the night, the mysterious egg hatches and out comes - a Spheal. A very nice addition to my team, and I nice ending to this stressful day.

During this night, I encountered the Electrike-event. I saved Electrike and it turned out to be one with flame burst, which is amazing!  Even more so because Manectric is one of my favorites from Gen III.

The next morning, I make my way to Jasper ward....

Chapter 4 - The roots of despair

It only took me a split second to comprehend the situation as I entered Jasper ward. Plants. Roots. Trees.

It was basically like Obsidia, just with less earthquake damage and more ravaging plants.

From now on, I'm probably not gonna mention every grunt (like the one just to the right when you enter Jasper) I fight and every sidequest I complete anymore within the story. I may make expections for very important ones, but I'll only mention most in the green "comments" and probably not mention a few at all.

As soon as you set foot on Jasper, you can see the police station. I figure that's probably the best place to visit, just to get told that nearly the entire police force has gone missing. The chief of the police asks me to look out for them, which I was gonna do anyways.

With that information, I enter Malchous Forest.

Fortunately, the forest isn't that big at all, which means I can make my way through very quickly. 

I can aready see the Pulse machine I expected to find, guarded by someone who's not wearing your typical Team Meteor uniform.

The guy has already seen me which makes trying to sneak there obsolete. He starts talking and reveals himself to be someone called "Taka".

Taka explains that the PULSE machines do in fact amplify the power of the Pokemon they're using. "Supercharge" them, so to say. However, the machines do kind of drain the life force of said Pokemon as well since the stress they place on their bodies is enormous and far beyond what the body of a Pokemon would need to endure otherwise.

He mentions that he thought about freeing Tangrowth, however he does have orders contrary to that. Within those moments I can't tell if this is someone being serious and questioning the methods of their own organisation or if it's just someone cold, someone who would put the orders of others above their own opinion, their own desire.

At this point, it doesn't matter. Our fight begins and doesn't last long thanks to Electrike and Quilava.

After having beaten Taka, he vanishes - but not before telling me that there is ANOTHER PULSE in the Beryl Ward - and so does Tangrowth. What stays is a PULSE machine that says "PULSE-05B" and slowly receeding plants.

Right as I jump down the ledge in order to leave the forest, a pink haired girl approaches me. She talks about how she's finally got away from her father in order to take down Team Meteor. She seems furious, tells me not to interfere with her, that she's gonna destroy the PULSE in Beryl and flies away on her Salamence. She seems strong, but somehow "wounded".

The crisis in Jasper seems to be solved, however, there are still some police officers missing and I Beryl isn't saved yet either. After a quick stop at the Pokecenter, I wander north until I reach Beryl...

Obviously saved the police man near the exit as well.

Having reached Beryl, I see that the situation isn't exactly different from the other wards. I can already guess where the PULSE is gonna be, so I make my way to Rhodochrine Jungle. Unfortunately, this one isn't as strait forward as Malchous forrest. It's a lot bigger. Just as I believe that I've found the right path, the floor below me gives in and I fall! Is this a trap from Team Meteor?

As I regain consciousness, I find myself in a cage surrounded by some Nuzleaf. Clever little bastards.

They eventually leave which means now I can work on getting out of this situation. Just as I start looking around for tools that I could possibly use, the absolute worst person to meet under these circumstances shows up. Good old Fern. 
After his usual pretentious mocking, he says that he's gonna free me if I fall on my knees and beg him. Like hell, I'd rather rot here for eternity than give in to him. Besides that, I figured that if everything goes wrong, I can probably just summon my  Onix to destroy the cage.

Fern's a little pissed of by that answer as he didn't get his will and leaves.

So, the Onix plan. The downsides to that plan are that it's probably gonna alert the Nuzleaf who won't have any trouble taking Onix down and that I might get injured doing this. 

I'm still contemplating about what to do when I hear a voice and a bird - a Chatot - shows up, says "Release MRC" and pushes the switch in order to open the cage.

A Chatot? Could it be...?

Ah, well, who knows.

I continue through the jungle and find an exit. I reach a big, old mansion with lots of books and a survivor in it, who let's  me rest there. 
My head still hurts after the fall. Once I've recovered, I look around a bit and find a Growlithe looking down a hole. I get closer and see what was probably once his owner. I could go into details, but most people would rather not know exactly that mangled body looked and whether or not you could still call all of the limbs "limbs". So far, every police officer I've found has been alive and well, but this seems to be the unfortunate exception.

It seems as if the Growlithe has fulfilled it's duty as it looks at me right afterwards. It realises that I've seen what happened and leaves. As far as I know, Growlithe for the police force are trained to always find the way back to their station autonomously, so no need to worry about that one.

The location of the PULSE is still a mystery, though, therefore I enter the jungle again. 

Eventually, I make my way up north and find another exit. I continue walking and eventually see the PULSE, guarded by Taka, ZEL and another member who I haven't seen yet. As it seems to be a 1v3, a girl lands by us on her Salamence. I've seen this girl before somewhere! Turns out her name is Heather.

She takes on the guy I don't know while I handle both Taka and ZEL. A fierce battle is fought, but in the end, I win.

Heather seems close to winning as well, however, her opponent tries to escape. And to be honest, he probably would have succeeded if the saved police officers who gathered at the police station hadn't been there to interfere. 

The mysterious man is demasked by them and it turns out that he is - in fact - both Heather's father and Corey, the gym leader of Beryl Ward, the next I am to face. Heather seems to be in complete shock and in silent rage. She leaves.

As for Corey, he seems both devastated and collected at once.

He leaves and tells me that he'll wait at his gym.

I enter the gym and there seems to be some kind of Puzzle and gas that turned the police officers who were looking for Corey into a state of fear, where they'd battle everyone they saw until they were defeated. Eventually, I figured everything out and found Corey in a secret room. He orders me to follow him to the arena field, and I do. 

And so our battle starts and ends, as my Onix takes down his Crobat right after my Electrike made the gas explode in order to defeat his second to last Pokemon.

In some way, Corey seems different. I can't exactly make it out, but something has changed. He tells me to follow him to Beryl Bridge if I want answers to all of my questions. He's calm.

As I arrive, I see him summoning all of his Pokemon and releasing them. He's telling them to go, to leave, even his Crobat.

After that, he turns to me and tells me his story. The story of how Corey broke. He was in love, that man. He proposed to a woman, to Heather's mother with what he describes as the most magnificent ruby ring he has ever seen. 

Soon after their marriage, his woman got pregnant with Heather. However, she didn't survive Heather's birth. Later on, Corey found out that Team Meteor were after the ring. I wonder, were they behind the death of his wife? At this point, this seems to be plausible.

Anyhow, Corey decides to join Team Meteor under the condition that he can keep the ring - the last connection, the biggest reminder of the love he'd once found, apart from Heather. Said Heather has now taken the ring.

Corey tells me that Team Meteor will try to hunt her down, that they're gonna do everything in order to take the ring from her. His voice is filled with just a slight nuance of despair. He asks me, no, he orders me, he begs me to keep watch over his daughter, to protect her from Team Meteor. As he's saying this, he's walking to the edge of the bridge and before I can react and do anything, he jumps.

He throws himself off the bridge and his body is falling down into Lapis Ward as his mind is sliding into the abyss of death...

The enraging conversation with Fern obviously happened as well, but I'd rather end on a sad note than on an infuriating one this time.

Chapter 5 - Hard feelings and the sinister doctor

"You see, there are barely any moments I've ever feared death. At least my own death. I'd say that - right now - I'm not afraid of death at all.

That being said, I'm afraid of other people dying. I've already lost people dear to me and I fear the day I'll lose another one of my friends, my family.

And I'm especially afraid of losing people to suicide. You see, depression is a ferocious creature that is hard to tame and overcome, and I salute everyone who's fighting day in, day out. Losing loved ones is my biggest fear."

And here I was. Corey just took his own life, and I couldn't stop it. Could anyone apart from Corey himself have stopped it? That's not a question that can ever be answered. What's more, my biggest fear now came true. Not for myself, but for the pink-haired girl called Heather. What will this do to her?

Just hours ago she discovered her father was working with Team Meteor, and she never even got to know the reason why. They didn't  have a talk to settle things. Instead, this was the last time Heather saw her father alive. She's now fully orphaned, she's alone.

"I've seen people dying, and it just didn't hit me. That may seem cold to some, disrespectful even - or a mechanism to protect oneself. But when it comes down to people I know, people I adore, respect or love, I can feel my lungs burning, my heart getting colder, my muscles weakening and my mind racing uncontrollable. Sometimes, I've been to broken to even cry."

Does any of this apply to Heather as well, I wonder?

Dwelling on thoughts, on what-ifs, on possible scenarios the entire day isn't good for one's mental well-being, so I decide to continue my journey. I want to make my way to Lapis Ward, to protect Corey's body from the eyes of others, if necessary. The huge explosion that happened seconds before around the grand stairway had escaped my thoughts at this point, it seemed just so trivial.

On the way to Lapis, my mood got better. Especially after my Quilava evolved into Typhlosion, although this brought about another problem: Typhlosion was now above the level where Pokemon listen to me. Apparently it has to do with their instincts getting stronger as well.

At first, I didn't even notice since his loyalty was so strong he'd still listen to me. But as he got stronger, his instincts took over. 

That's why I need to prove that I am worthy of being his trainer.

On my way, I see a exotic-haired girl in front of a door, mumbling about her sister and "leaving". I don't pay too much attention, but she caught my eye. Something about her is special.

I started the Team Aqua quests here. I'm usually a Magma-guy myself, but for some reason I thought that I'd have to wait a lot longer to get Murkrow if I joined Team Magma like I usually do, so I decided to go with Team Aqua this time. I do whatever quests I can do and get a Murkrow (Perish Song, Prankster - you know what that means); what I forgot to mention: I also got the Growlithe, bred it, gave the egg to the policeman and was never happier to see my game crash, since the message indicated that I'd get a Ghastly - one of the very few Pokemon I actually hoped to get in this run! A quick search in the forum let me fix the issue, and with that I've got myself a Ghastly.

I continue until I reach the gym, where people have gathered. Corey's body landed here. Victoria is there too and tries to comfort the gym leader, Shelly, who has to see all of this. She's only 12 after all. What's more, Heather is her friend - she's traumatised...

Suddenly, another gym leader, the infamously mysterious Shade. He seems to be some sort of supernatural being, and he makes Corey's body and... everything, that's proof of the incident vanish in an instant. The Reborn leaders really are something.

Because of Shelly's state, Victoria proposes I go get a doctor. Apparently, there's one in the building the girl I saw came out. It turns out to be an orphanage, and the doctor seems to be a psychiatrist. As I want to go in, a pink-ish haired girl comes out. She seems relieved.

I enter and a young girl greets me. She seems to have thought I was the girl who just left for a moment. The name of the one who's left is Laura.

The girl who greeted me is Anna. Anna talks about how I'm "glowing", before she is interrupted by her brother, Noel.

I'm not sure why, but at first glance, Anna is probably amongst the most impressive people I've ever met. It seems she can see what others can't see. Of course, we are at an orphanage here, an orphanage led by a psychiatrist, but I just can't not believe every word she says. I'm actually not believing in "auras" or anything like this, altough the concept is appealing. However, I feel like I can sometimes feel the intent of people, I sometimes feel like I can see hints of specific traits they possess, even though the traits can't be seen at that point. But what Anna talks about is on another level.

She introduces me to everyone. Noel, the one who interrupted her and doesn't seem to believe everything she says, is her twin brother. She also talks about her Jirachi, "Nostra", and Noel's Cleffa, "Nomos".

Noel adds that the two are just dolls.

There's another girl there as well. Her hair is quite exotic as well. Was she the one I saw earlier? Surely not. 

So many new people, so many people who "emit" something. Anna could probably describe better what I'm talking about. Or she could interpret it, at least.

The other girl's named Charlotte. Anna mentions her burn scars, but there aren't any visible. I wonder what she's referring to. To me, Charlotte seems like a collected but fierce girl. Charlotte tells me that Laura is her sister, and that she's one of the Elite Four. My heart rate is rising because of the excitement, but I contain myself.

Noel interrupts: "If you mention that, you may as well mention how Anna is-" before being interrupted himself by Anna. She tells me that both Noel and Charlotte are gym leaders as well. I would forget the words Noel said here for way too long, even though they are so meaningful.

Laura got to leave the orphanage since she's turned 18 today. All the others have to stay there against their will. 

They tell me that the doctor is scary, and that I must not bring anyone here. They also mention that he's in possession of strong electric-types and uses them in his therapy. They think that his past patients have died, and Anna mentions a voice she can hear around him.

I'm trembling now. Not from excitement, but from pure rage. It is as if my senses are heightened and I'm in a state of "bloodlust". You have to know, I'm actually not a very aggressive person. In fact, I despise violence. However, too many things have happened recently, and what I despise even more than violence are violators, whose victims are defenseless. Especially since arriving in Reborn, this seems to awaken a "darker" side in me, if you want. A darker, powerful, more ruthless side. I call it bloodlust, even though I do not intend to kill people. I will use whatever power I have to use in order to protect innocent people, though. And the fact it's a doctor, someone, who's supposed to help people, to cure people, to be a guardian, it just enrages me even more.

That being said, I can't give in to this impulse. Not just yet. I'm not sure whether or not I could control the situation and guarantee everyone's safety.

At this very moment, the doctor appears. He introduces himself as Dr. Sigmund Connal. "Connal? I've seen that name somewhere."

Anna reacts fast and lies to him. She says that I came here because I wanted to battle the gym leaders.

Sigmund wants to test me now - I gotta face an orderly, who I beat with ease.

He seems impressed, however, I can't battle the others since the arena is being renovated. Anna shoves me out and repeats "You must not bring anyone here. Tell her to look out for the one who's REALLY hurt by this".

I understand. She's really impressive, this girl.

I return to Shelly's arena, and as she hears that sentence, something about her changes. She seems distracted now, since she's looking out for Heather rather than being in shock anymore. She tells me she's ready to battle now.

Victoria tries to stop me, but I win. In the battle against Shelly, the fact that Typhlosion overcame his instincts during the crucial moments was what gave me the edge.

During our battle, Shelly revealed to me that her brother is a gym leader in Johto, and that she's never gonna be good enough for him. Poor little Shelly, she doesn't even know how precious she is. She also tells me that I gotta inform Ame about the incident with Corey, since the reserve leader has to be informed.

As I arrive at the Grand Hall, Fern's already there as well. He's informed Ame and tells me that the reserve leader lives in the Wasteland. To get there, you need a key, which he possesses. After I beat him in battle, he tells me than Cain has a key as well, and that I can find him at the Beryl Cemetery. That

annoying guy is incredibly useful all of a sudden!

5aa2fbb27989e_Easierthanexpected.PNG.eeb6f3f43d65ac16c16c0ec14f930f7c.PNG

At this point I looked around several caves. Beryl cave, the one right below Shade's gym and the one below the grand staircase. I got the mining kit, I obtained Corey's Croagunk and Nidorina, I saved Smoochum from the Beartic (which was surprisingly easy - stockpile Sealeo did a great job) and I
obtained a Solrock. I also picked up a Shiny Stone which allowed me to finally evolve my Roselia.

I reach Beryl Cemetery, where Cain is standing in front of Corey's grave. He talks about how he wants to meet Heather, to help her, to be a friend to her, because she is the one having the hardest of times!

He agrees to a battle though, and promises to give me the key if I win.

Inevitably, I win. However, at this very moment Heather shows up! 5aa2fefc25652_TeamOptions.PNG.dafaa6cae28c68775dad48e9514de74a.PNGCain tries to talk to her, but she completely blocks it. She's hurt and in shock, but she's also a girl hitting puberty. She closes herself off and doesn't want anyone's help.

She says she doesn't need a friend because she already has one - she's referring to Shelly.

Cain suggests she meets up with her, and Heather actually flies away to do just that and to get away from us.

Cain rushes off because he wants to follow her and talk to her again before she leaves Shelly. Because of that, there's not enough time to give me the key anymore...

Chapter 6 - The great escape

I return to Lapis ward where I can already see Heather and Cain arguing. He's really trying, but she doesn't care at all what he's got to say, and so, she leaves. We - Cain, Shelly and I - follow her and find her patch being blocked off by Sigmund. He keeps asking about her parents and Shelly makes the mistake of answering  him since she wants to protect Heather from the burden of hearing this question over and over again and having to think about everything even more than she already does.

This is enough for Sigmund, and he takes Heather in forcefully. Apparently, he has the rights to take in all orphans in Reborn below the age of 18 and without legal guardian. We're back at the gym and Shelly is blaming herself for what she did, even though it probably didn't make any difference. Suddenly, we hear a screeching scream - it's Heather!

We can hear her screaming from the orphanage to the gym. That pig is probably using his "therapy" on her. 

That's enough, we're going to get her out of there at any cost!

As I try to get  in, the locked door suddenly unlocks - it's Anna, who saw my "glowiness" through the door. I love that mysterious little girl!
Next up, Charlotte, the badass in person, decides to create a distraction so we can get to Sigmund easier. Just starts fighting orderlies singlehandedly over cigarettes. 

Nonetheless, we need to battle our way through, as other orderlies have seen us. After defeating them, Anna asks Shelly if they want to be friends even though Shelly has so many.

Shelly is confused as she doesn't think that she's got many friends, but Anna talks about all the "strings" she can see around her and that there's a lot of people who deeply care for Shelly!

Anyways, Cain is blocking another door as another orderly suddenly snatches Noel. Therefore, it's down to Shelly and me now. I just hope Anna is fine on her own!

We make it through the facility and past the barriers the orderlies have put up with Anna helping us at times by telling us where to look to disengage the gates.

We manage to free Noel, who helps us as well in progressing. It also seems that Cain has pushed the orderlies back and we can save Charlotte as well and get back everyone's Pokemon.

At last, we finally reach the top floor. Everyone apart from Anna is already fighting and Charlotte lights a cigarette just to burn Sigmund with it. Sweet vengeance!

He let's us go - he has no other choice considering our overwhelming power - but apparently he's already contacted the police to arrest everyone under his custody, which means we have to flee. 

Charlotte has an idea as to where we should go. In order to get there and avoid as much trouble as possible, we need to flee via the abandoned railnet under Opal Bridge.

As we get there, we face a barrier, which is likely still connected to the old powerplant. This means I've got to talk to Shade.

I make my way up to his gym, and meet an Absol right before entering. It seems familiar.

There I see what seems like 4 fates. Corey jumping off Beryl Bridge is one of them..

Another person looks like Amaria - a shiver ran down my spine at this point.

There's no point in overthinking this now though, and I progress towards Shade and beat him, even though his Mimikyuu gave me a bit of trouble.

He opens the gate, and as soon as it opens, the kids get ambushed by Team Meteor with only Cain making it out.

I rush back there. This can't be happening, not now! As I arrive, I see Victoria. She tells me I need TMX Strength to move the debris that blocks the path because of how Cain escaped.

I can get Strength at Apophyll Academy, where Victoria's mentor is the gym leader. To be able to use it, I need to beat the reserve poison leader, Aya - Cain's sister.

I still haven't got the key I need to get to her and Cain is already about to set off to Apophyll.

I manage to catch him down at Coral Ward, but he's setting off on his own. He's determined.

All of a sudden, Amaria shows up. She tells me that she's found the source of the pollution in a factory in West Peridot. We join forces to resolve the situation. We power through - Amaria is truly on another level to everyone else here and could probably take on everyone on her own. She's incredible!

I reach the final room, where Lumi - zeL - recognises me first. The one who seems to be their leader introduces me to the PULSE they've set up there. It contains a Muk and is definitely draining his life force now. As I have turned my back, he tries to execute me as Amaria intervenes and saves me. She battles him, while I battle ZEL and destroy the PULSE. I manage to do it and Amaria is about to win against this absurdly powerful guy as well, as he orders his Tyranitar to attack HER with superpower which allows everyone to flee. Amaria seems fine, but she's been injured nonetheless. 

That being said, we've resolved the situation and Amaria decides to let me use her boat to get to Apophyll, even if it's probably gonna get destroyed by the poison.

I reach Apophyll, where the gym leader - Kiki - sets me a task. She looks awfully similar to one of the people whose fates I've seen at Shade's gym.

I have to reach the top of Pyrous Mountain, a volcano. There, I will find someone who I have to defeat. His name is Cal.

I reach the top and beat him, and I can't help but to have a bad, a critical impression of him. He seems spineless and unsure, yet like someone who puts himself above others at times.

5aaba80a4ef17_PostKikifight.PNG.a652609899d1e4ea2ce6ea39631f375b.PNG

Anywho, Kiki is ready for battle, although she's very sick. She's a strong person, but you can see her fading already.

Because of that, Victoria tries to intervene once again and fights me. I beat her and remind her that I have to do this in order to save the kids.

Not gonna lie, beating Kiki was very hard. That woman isn't the head  of the academy for nothing, I had to give it my all!

My Gengar managed to survive a Night Slash of Gallade with 4HP, which was the deciding moment for the battle.

Right after the fight, Kiki suddenly breaks down - and I don't recieve my badge. She's getting weaker by the minute...

She wants to be left alone for now.

In the meantime, Victoria tells me that Cain hasn't shown up at all, and that he may have gotten lost on Azurine Island.

I go there to look for him and find a house on there. Aster and Eclipse from Team Meteor are there. I beat them and find a secret passage. Down there, I find Cain, but Taka is there as well. After beating him, he and his underlings leave and I pick up Cain as well.

We return to Pyrous Mountain since Team Meteor seems to have business there - they want to make the volcano errupt and destroy Apophyll!

On the peak, I gotta fight Solaris, the one who Amaria fought back at the factory!
He gets cocky though, and says that he only needs one Pokemon to beat me. I was prepared for this, though, and had prepared a tactic to face an overly powerful enemy. I manage to take out his Garchomp while Victoria battles Taka.

Suddenly, Kiki shows up and orders her Medicham to destroy the PULSE Team Meteor have set up on Pyrous Mountain. She will protect this place at any cost! 
The pressure, the sheer determination that's emitted by this sick, dying woman is frightening! It's as if she's regained her full power in this moment. Looking back at it, it reminds me of that part of a Robin Hood book I've read before. At a point where he's already dying and so weak that he can barely sit up, he takes bow and arrow for one last time. He asks to be burried where the arrow lands. As he pulls back on the arrow, it seems like he's regained the power of his prime, but with his last shot, his mind fades away and he dies.

Right now, Kiki is above her limits, even though everything happens in a mere seconds. 

Her Medichamp runs and as it's about to leap off, we suddenly hear Cal's voice, who summons his Magmortar, catches the Medicham, and kills it by throwing it into the lava.

That damn traitor, I knew something about him was fishy.

With everyone in shock, Solaris uses the opportunity and has his Garchomp attack Kiki in order to execute her. She has no chance of withstanding an attack like this and dies instantly...

Through this, Cal seems to realise what he's done and he destroys the PULSE. But that doesn't matter. He talks about this being not what he wanted, but that man is dead to me. He is irredeemable. What the hell did he think was gonna happen if he betrayed Apophyll and killed Kiki's Medicham? 
That everyone was just gonna stand by, watch, and then leave as if nothing had happened?

My first impression seems to have been right, after all.

Victoria takes Kiki's place as the leader of Apophyll Academy and hands me Strength. That being said, I do not recieve the badge for defeating Kiki as she's gone now.

Cain opens the gates to the wasteland for me so I can defeat his sister and use Strength, though.

The Byxbysion Wasteland is truly a wasteland, with many objects reminding you of Corey's gym as well.

Making it through fast is not a problem though, so I reach Aya's house in no time. As I'm arriving, Fern has just beaten her - on his second try. He lost before, and he's still as cocky as you know him. Aya herself isn't exactly happy with having to be a gym leader now and it shows.

Another gym leader - Hardy - shows up as well. Fern and him seem to know each other, however, there's not a bit of sympathy between them.

Fern wants to battle me once again and I wipe the floor with him, as usual.

Aya gives me a fair bit of trouble in our battle and I'm lucky to have trained a few steel-types, otherwise I would  have probably needed a second try as well.

I get the badge and I'm able to use Strength now.

After exiting the wasteland, Cal, that wasteman, talks to me. He tells me everything and the he had apparently sabotaged the machine. He asks, if I believe him.
I believe what he said, but that doesn't change what he did. Even if he meant for Apophyll to not be destroyed, he still betrayed everyone, he still cold-heartedly killed Kiki's Medicham. He's spineless, even if he didn't intend for things to happen as they did. He has no right to expect to be forgiven, and I wholeheartedly hope that he won't be forgiven. Plus, it's easy to say all of this now.

After that unpleasant distraction, I enter the railnet and infiltrate the Yureyu building, where Team Meteor has taken the kids.

Grunts threaten to cut Shelly's throat if we come close, so we have no choice but to continue for now. Cain doesn't want to take any risks. On the next floor, we see Charlotte. It seems she has already befriended the grunts meant to restrain her. I know them as well - it's Simon and Tara. They explain that they joined Team Meteor to earn themselves a place at the top in the new world Team Meteor intends to create.

We take Charlotte out of their "custody", and she goes down to the grunts who have taken Shelly as hostage. Charlotte being Charlotte and having ovaries of steel, makes it seem to the grunts as if they have no control over the situation by telling them that she doesn't care and that they should go on and kill Shelly if they want to. In that moment of slight confusion they let their guard down, Charlotte snatches Shelly and Cain and I beat them to a pulp.

Really, that's exactly how you should do it! Charlotte even explains what she did afterwards, and I honestly believe that this is one of the best ways she could have handled this. That being said, you really need to have nerves of steel. I don't know if I could have managed to tell the grunts to go on and kill her if it was one of my family or close friends, for example.

We continue and save Noel who tells us that Sirius and Sigmund have taken Anna and Heather to the upper floors and seem to have taken the Amethyst Pendant as well.

I continue and find myself on a floor face to face with Sigmund and a silent Heather. Sigmund tries to avoid fighting. I want to crush his bones for everything he's done. I'm about to engage as something within me suddenly holds me back. All of  a sudden, there's this feeling. I remember the stone doors I've seen, the four keys, and the fact that Team Meteor apparently are after them. I know they have Amethyst and likely Ruby as well. And I know that Amaria seems to have Sapphire - Amaria is strong, but the vision I saw at Shade's gym makes me worry. The main goal from Team Meteor, apart from destroying Reborn with their PULSEs, seems to be to open these doors. Does it have something to do with the "new world" Simon and Tara talked about? I cannot let them get this close to it. Is it me thinking this? Or is Anna doing something, realising what's gonna happen if I make the wrong choice here?

Something feels different, but I feel focused, I feel energy flowing through me.

Although it breaks my heart not to punish Sigmund right here and right now with every fiber of my body, I give in to this feeling. I allow him to avoid fighting. Please, Heather, hold on a little longer - I'm sorry for doing this!

On the top floor, I face Sirius. Anna is there as well. She's in tears and wants her pendant back.

Apparently, Sirius knew her father as well. Things are getting complicated, but that is of now concern to me now. I beat Sirius.

Having managed to save everyone, we continue our escape through the railnet. 

Anna worries me - she's getting ill, more and more by the minute, although she says it's not her getting sick, but Nostra. We make it through the railnet, through Tanzan cave and reach the house of Charlotte's sisters at last. There, Charlotte mentions that every flower ring consists of 8 flowers - apparently the doing of Laura.

In the house, Charlotte introduces us to the pink haired Laura.

It seems that we've gotten away - for now.

Chapter 7 - Leader

I need to get the medicine for Anna as she seems to be getting worse. This means I gotta go through Chrysolia Forrest to Spinel Town.

After what felt like running in circles I finally reach Spinel Town, however, things there seem to have gotten a bit out of hand. Things are vanishing and reappearing all the time. Something strong is teleporting them.

I find a woman with a Kadabra in her house, but it's not the source of this all it seems.

Just as I want to enter the gym and ask where the market is, it appears ON TOP of the gym!

As this happens, I meet Bennett, the son of Spinel Town's gym leader, Serra.

In the gym, I meet his mother as well. The two also tell me about an adoptive daughter of Serra, Luna. She seems to have just come one day and claimed that Serra is her mother. However, she isn't there.

Suddenly, another man appears. He wears a robe, looks kinda religious in it and emits a feeling of uneasiness. He asks after Luna as well and claims to be her real father. He's looking for her.

I catch myself thinking "Oh come on, this is a set-up". But it's not. He actually showed up trying to find her just as they told me about her. But they don't know where she is. They can't help him. And I'm not upset about it. I don't know this Luna, but I know the feeling around this man who calls himself El.

Anyways, since it seems that there's nothing to do right now because the market on the roof isn't accessible, I decide to battle Serra.

Not long after defeating her, the building is suddenly trembling. What felt like an earthquake at first is actually the market disappearing. That being said, it didn't reappear in Spinel Town, so I leave. 

To my surprise I find the market just outside the forrest. I get the medicine and return to Anna, who actually just pours it over her doll because "it was for Nostra". That being said, she actually looks a lot better afterwards and she also feels better, so I'm fine with that. Maybe she took a bit herself. Or it's something supernatural. It wouldn't surprise me with this mysterious girl. Not at all.

Since Anna's feeling well, Noel is ready for our battle now.

We get in position in front of the house and are just about to start, when Saphira suddenly shows up. She tells us that Sigmund and Team Meteor are coming here. This means, we have to come up with a plan. 

Saphira will take out as many as she can outside, while Laura and I protect the house. Everyone else is going to hide until it's over.

They seem to have come in numbers, because they manage to break in, even though Saphira is battling them, and you could see the animosity towards them coming from her as soon as she showed up. 

Sigmund is the first to show up, so I defeat him. "You're not gonna get past me, Sigmund" - my eyes turn ferocious.  My instinct to protect the ones dear to me has always been exceptionally strong, but it seems like it developed even more, while my humanity towards my enemy is falling - in specific situations at least. 

I can't help but to have two things on my mind. The first is a lion, protecting her cubs with every ounce of her strength, without showing any mercy and without letting herself being pushed back. The other one is a phrase. "To rise above monsters, we have to abandon our humanity".

After defeating Sigmund, Sirius shows up as well. He managed to survive, but he reckons Saphira killed most of the people out there.

They realise that they are two and I can only stop one of them. Sigmund stays down - he will find the ones in the kitchen if I leave.

Sirius - who still has his team - goes up. 

That being said, there's still a certain someone waiting up there. Laura's skill is monstrous. She's not a member of the Elite Four for nothing. I have faith in her, and I've got my eyes set on not letting Sigmund do anything.

As I'm keeping him in check, Saphira shows up. She has revenge on Sigmund on her mind. Revenge for what he did to her and her family.

Contrary to her wrathful, protective nature, this is a cold, calm hatred, which is a lot scarier.

She doesn't hestitate and uses Hyperbeam. She hyperbeams Sigmund right in his face, his eyes lighting up with fear momentarily, and just launches him through the wall and out of the house. While she does this, Sirius suddenly attacks her out of nowhere. He couldn't make it past Laura, as expected, and his Seviper had just enough strength to use that one Poison Jab left.

Saphira collapses, having lost consciousness, and Sirius kidnaps her.

Laura comes down and realises everything. Charlotte says it would be the safest not to go save Saphira at all since she can take care of herself and it's probably a trap.

Right after saying this, she asks when we're gonna go, because "We're not safe - we're family".

Laura and me decide to go immediately, however, Charlotte has to stay back since they're after her and she's strong enough to protect the house if they try anything while we're out.

Right before going, Anna tells me that Nostra says I shouldn't catch Laura if she falls.

I find myself thinking about this the entire time while we get to Tanzan Mountain. What does it mean? Will Laura get severely hurt? Is it a metaphor?

We're in front of the closed gate and I'm still thinking about what this means as Laura suddenly slips and falls on some stones, which happen to be the switch for the gate, which is now open.

Here I am, overthinking things as usual, and now just glad about what it actually meant!

As we continue through their base, we see that Saphira already broke free. We find her just a few minutes later. 

We continue and reach a room with Sigmund, ZEL and a PULSE Abra. Now I realise what the cause of the vanishing objects in Spinel Town is. As I'm about to take on everyone and destroy the PULSE, Sirius rushes in. "Lin is coming"

This Lin seems to be the true leader of Team Meteor. As Sigmund hears this name, you can only just see him flinch ever so slightly. I think I hear him mumbling "Lizzy, Lizzy" to himself. I wonder. Does "Lizzy" refer to Lin, or to Elizabeth Connal, who I assume was his wife.

They absolutely cannot allow us to be seen by Lin, so they have Abra teleport us away.

I'm somewhere... somewhere underground, with waste lying around.

Luckily, I find Laura. We talk for a while and she tells me about her hatred for the number 7 and her love for the number 8, which she regards as complete.

She also tells me that there was a girl called Lin at the orphanage once. She was younger than Anna and loved manipulating people. And she was good at it.

She also loved breaking one of Laura's pens every time she had 8. Laura loathed her.

However, one day, Sigmund got angry with her. "Did it have something to do with 'Lizzy, Lizzy'?", I ask myself.

He took her away, and since then, they've never seen her again. The suspected that he killed her.

But, how could this Lin possibly be the same that's arriving at the Team Meteor base right now, when this girl was younger than Anna? Why does this name provoke strong reactions from everyone who hears it and why am I feeling this uneasy?
It couldn't be...could it?

Chapter 8 - The white king, "god" & the darkness

Laura and I continue through the cave, looking for Saphira. There's a lot of toxic waste here.

After some time, we manage to find her. She seems to be further down than we are, and there's an enraged Steelix ravaging near by. It comes up and I defeat it to calm it down a tiny bit. With it's help, we make it back up.

Saphira uses the Steelix to attack the base while I return to the room I was in before. Team Meteor still hasn't managed to control the PULSE Abra, therefore they let me take it on and destroy it.

Right after our battle, a green haired woman turns up. It seems that this is Lin. Sirius tells her that I am a new recruit, but she seems to see through the lie immediately. Nonetheless, it doesn't seem that there are consequences for now. Sigmund asks if they've ever seen each other, which just earns him a "Certainly not" from that woman.

She has something dark, something dangerous and incredibly powerful coming from her. And she reminds me of the fourth person whose fate I saw back at Shade's gym. But, is this really what's gonna happen?

The presence of this woman seems way too unshakeable to even think of something like this.

Since Team Meteor has noticed Saphira attacking them, Lin leaves to take her down, which gives me the chance to leave as well.

I return to Tanzan Cove to hear that Saphira  has been shot down by that woman and that they  haven't heard anything about her. However, they will leave as they aren't save here, but I can't go with them. That would just be too dangerous, because of the keys.

Therefore, I return to the cave and look for Saphira, who I find after some time. She's not just gonna roll over and die from an attack like that!

Saphira leaves, and I continue, through to cave, through the Adventurine Woods, until I reach Vanhanen Castle.

As I enter, I am greeted by the girl called Luna, the one that lived with Serra back in the day. The gym leader, Radomus, is there as well. It seems that Luna claims him to be her father now. She also seems to see herself as the maid, at least she acts like it.

Radomus lets her do as she wishes.

There's also this Guardevoir of his, who can communicate via telepathy. At this very moment, Cain enters as well and we battle to decide who is allowed to face Radomus first. I win, when Luna comes back in and asks if anyone has seen Guardevoir. We thought she was with her, but apparently she's vanished.

Radomus mumbles "Apparently I'm playing as black this time", which kinda sounds like it has a deeper meaning.

We learn that Guardevoir has been kidnapped by El. Has Radomus already had  conflicts with him? I'm thinking about "this time".

However, Radomus says we should do nothing. He cares for Guardevoir, and for this exact reason he doesn't need to do anything.

"Should black be concerned, when the white king places himself in check?"

That being said, it is Luna's wish that we go after them, therefore Radomus decides to go. We will follow El and free Guardevoir.

We reach the other side of the Grand Gate, where we find El talking about how it's sealed. He sees us and flees. 

We inspect the gate and find a hole, through which we can fall and reach a cave under the gate. There's a lot of star pieces here.

We continue through the cave and reach some kind of special place. It looks like the outside, there's grass & there is a huge tower, but we're still underground. Furthermore, there's this energy, this "aura" if you want to call it that. It just feels different from the outside, and there's some kind of pressure on my body.

Then, another person shows up. The person's named Adrienn, and Adrienn was told by El that we would come, and that Radomus had brainwashed Luna and abused Guardevoir. Adrienn's got a Guardevoir with him as well, which takes the Amethyst Pendant off me, says that it and the Ruby Ring belong to El.

Adrienn thought tells us, that he/she (I can't really tell from the appearance)  thought he/she was trapped down here, when he/she suddenly saw a girl climb up the wall followed by El & Guardevoir coming down the wall shortly afterwards.

After this conversation and some accusations, we continue through the tower since I managed to hold onto the Ruby RIng. We catch El, who is talking about the meteor that brought down "God Lord Arceus"  being in this sanctum. That man really is a crazy fanatic, a lunatic.

Everyone is discussing about the issue with Guardevoir and Luna, and Radomus just seems to get more confident of something that he - and probably I as well - suspected. In the end, I get asked who I side with.

Now while something about Radomus seems off, he seems to be a rational being who is calm and collected. Up to now, I don't feel he's an enemy.
And I'm interested in his story, because I presume he lost his wife, since I saw the name Vanhanen on the graveyard. If what I assume so far is true, then I have to side with Radomus as well.
Taken those things into consideration plus the fact that I'm not gonna side with a religious fanatic any day of the week, the decision is easy.

I side with Radomus, and fight El, whose Guardevoir turns out to be an Ditto. I assumed an illusion to decieve us here, so I'm even more confident that I was before. El has his Ditto turn into Arceus, and after a long, hard-fought battle, I manage to defeat this "Dittoceus".

I'm still interested in what story Radomus and El seem to have. I feel like it reaches back much further.

As I leave, I hear a voice. Do I actually hear it, or is it just in my head?
"Hehehe. Hey...Everybody...Come back and play again sometime, okay? Let's keep playing together for a long, long time...Isn't that right~? Hehehe..."

As we reach the surface again, we find the Grand Gate working again. It also turns out that Adrienn is a gym leader, that xe is neither male nor female and that xe has apparently been frozen in time, since what he thought was an hour he spent down there was actually more than a decade.

We - with the exception of Adrienn - return to Vanhanen Castle, where we see that Radomus has brainwashed El into being Elias, his butler. So brainwashing like that is possible, it seems...

Turns out that Radomus doesn't intend to return the Amethyst Pendant to me just yet, which worries me. I still believe siding with him was the right thing to do, but I'm not happy with that choice of his. Not at all.

TeamafterRadomusandescaping.PNG.4fdaaac03a75ab93eb91db9efc619230.PNG

After this, our gym battle starts. Not letting Radomus set up Trick Room turns out to be the key to defeating him. Next up is Luna. She is a gym leader herself, the dark leader. Before we can go to where she wants to fight, the lights suddenly go out. "For it was darkness, hence I came.", Luna says.

Turns out this is the doing of Team Meteor and El, since El wasn't under Radomus' 'spell' for long.

Furthermore, it turns out that El is one of the Elite Four!

They've captured Luna, and Cain stays back to take on El and everyone else all by himself, to allow me to flee and free Luna! He believes in me, in my ability to surpass everyone in my way, in my ability to save everyone. Thanks, Cain. I won't disappoint you!

I run into Radomus, who has disguised himself as one of Team Meteor. He tells me that he presumes that Luna has been taken to 7th street. What's more, he has decided to keep the Amethyst Pendant for now as he's heard a story of the keys being sold by a merchant and it seems he wants to investigate.

I'm still suspicious, but I have no choice.

I make my way to 7th street and investigate, until I find the entrance to the "holy place" thanks to Bennett, although it turns out to be a trap and I get captured. However, in the cell beside me there's a guy called Randall, whose Klefki has picked up a key to free me.

I get to the "cleansing ceremony" of Luna just in time and try to save her, as El has Bennett threaten to kill Cain if I interfere.

At this very moment, Radomus and Guardevoir suddenly show up. He stops El while she teleports the other members of the sect away.

As I suspected, the Guardevoir that lives with Radomus is the one that lived with Bennett and Serra while Luna was there. It seems that it's her duty to look after Luna and protect her, be it from fanatics like El, for from Bennett's obsession.

El manages to reach Luna with a swing though and rips an Emerald Brooch off her. That's the fourth key! I now know about all of them and who's in possession of them! It seems that it was a gift from her real father for Luna as well - I see the parallels to how Anna get her Amethyst Pendant.

After that, the situation is resolved. El has left and we managed to get Luna back. Radomus tells me that he won't return to Vanhanen Castle for now.

There's also a "thanks for the hint" and he leaves without returning the Amethyst Pendant to me.

Luna hands me a key that will allow me to find her in Iolia Valley, where our gym battle will take place. She also says "The darkness in Master's heart bores a hole that I cannot hope to fill alone." I wonder, what does she mean? Is she referring to the loss of this wife? Is she referring to something he's gonna do?

Hearing this from a girl who has grown to accept the darkness, to even see it as beautiful, is certainly strange and very impactful.

I reach Luna in Iolia Valley, Bennett was following me though. Luna is scared of him and progresses further, so he can't reach her.

I beat him to protect her. Afterwards, I progress to Luna, and I find her at the end of Iolia Valley, like Alice in Wonderland. She reminds me of her, for some reason.

I defeat her after a well fought battle and leave Iolia Valley. She stays there, and fortunately, she should be save there. Save from everyone, especially from El and Bennett. As for Bennett, I hope for both him and Luna that he realises one day, that what he 'feels' towards her is not love, but obsession. And he can't force her to love him.

As for me, my next destination is Agate City.

Chapter 9 - The triumvirate and the traitors

The guards to Agate City are still sleeping, but Cain just decides to break in the door so we can get through.

We enter Agate City. It's quiet. I've never seen a city of this size be this quiet. There are no people here either. 
We progress a little bit further and suddenly we see two people lying on the floor. It's Hardy and Aya! They're  passed out, and there's no way for us to wake them up right now. On the contrary, Cain seems to be getting dizzy and sleepy as well.

Just as he's about to slip away as well, a loud, colourful, funny-looking girl with a huge hammer shows up, just barely missing us with her swing!

Her name's Terra, it seems.

"WHAT THE FUCK IZ A PHYSICS?" she shouts as she launches Hardy and Aya somewhere with her hammer. Because of that noisy meme of a girl, Cain manages to resist and doesn't fall asleep. Terra takes us to Agate Circus, because everyone who stays in Agate City falls asleep, apparently. I can already guess the reason.

We reach Agate Circus, where the stars are also gym leaders. There are three of them. Samson, who became the fighting-type leader after Kiki passed away, Terra, the ground-type leader, and Ciel, the flying-type leader. Together, they form the "Agate Triumvirate". 

However, to be able to battle them, you need to find specific battle passes, since everyone visiting the circus would give it a try otherwise, and they want to keep the battles entertaining. That being said, battling them isn't my most urgent task right now. 

Hardy is still missing. As for Aya, she was lucky enough to land in the circus, where they've found her and taken care of her.

Cain is staying with his sister while I make my way to Route 2, where Hardy has apparently been launched. I conquer Route 2 and reach Fiore Mansion, Amaria's house, at the end of it. I enter to say hello. Amaria looks good, although still injured, and introduces me to Titania, her partner.

It seems that Titania found Hardy and carried him upstairs. I decide to look after him, Titania accompanies me. Amaria wants to come too, but Titania tells her to stay downstairs and not move too much because of her injury.

Hardy's still unconscious.

*Titania used Wake-Up Slap. It was super effective*

After that, Hardy wakes up and I learn that he's actually Titania's brother.

He's about to leave and goes downstairs. Seems like they don't have the best relationship with each other.

I follow him, when we suddenly hear the news from the TV. Team Meteor have taken control over Labradorra and they've put up a seemingly indestructible barrier around it. That being said, Saphira is already fighting them from Calcenon City, trying to take out the barrier. If she makes it through, they are gonna be done for!

Apparently, the barrier has been created by a PULSE Mr. Mime. However, Saphira says that this is not their only PULSE in the area. They seem to prepare another one in the city and have two more in the surrounding areas.

One of those is probably in Agate City.

Before we can say anything, Titania already tells us that she wants everyone to stay out of this, especially Amaria. Amaria got the Sapphire Bracelets from her.

She found it in the Chrysolia region in a hidden lake at some point, surrounded by ash.

That being said, Titania agrees to let me go after them. I mean, why wouldn't she? We only just met. However, I am gonna need Surf for that. And to be able to use Surf, I need to defeat Samson. 

Luckily, they've been sent a battle pass for him, which they don't need because they're gym leaders. They hand me the battle pass and they will give me Surf once I've defeated him.

With that information, I return to Agate Circus and face Samson. I'm focused, therefore I master the challenge.

After our battle, Terra proclaims that she found a RAWWWWWR... uhm, a data point, that could be responsible for the signal over Agate City. It seems to come from Ametrine.

This means, my destination is Ametrine City. I may find a lead to the other PULSEs there as well. The others are heading towards Ametrine Mountain for now.

Firstly, I have to return to Fiore Mansion in order to acquire Surf.

Back at the house, I catch a glimpse of Titania's diary, but I decide not to read it.

However, at the very moment that I'm standing before the diary, looking at it, Titania comes back, hands me TMX Surf, and asks me if I read it. There's no way she's gonna believe that I looked at it and decided not to at this very moment. She'd think I'm a liar.

Therefore, I decide to tell her that I did, and to face the consequences. After all, I did take a look at it, which is an offense to her privacy.

Titania's first impulse is to throw me out of her house, but then she tells me about everything. Her love for Amaria - it isn't love. It's misguided compassion towards a depressive, at times suicidal, woman. It's as close to love as something can be without being the real thing. But it's a lie, after all. She also tells me that Amaria must never know.

Unfortunately, Amaria enters the room at this very moment. She asks me what we talked about. I know Titania doesn't want me to tell anything and she probably already doesn't like me after the incident just now.

But it's Amaria, I can't lie to her.

Plus, the diary is right beside her, within her reach. If she suspects anything, she will be able to read it. And if Titania has written what she's told me there, Amaria will feel betrayed. If I lie to her now, she'll feel betrayed and embarrassed by two people, as if we were conspiring behind her back. What would that do to a person with mental problems? To a woman whose most important person has just turned out to have lied to her for years?

I tell her what I know - which isn't much since I've actually never read the diary - but that's not enough for her. She reads the diary anyways and her world is shattered. She leaves, heartbroken.

Titania rushes after her immediately, and so do I.

As I'm running, I see the Absol I've seen a few times before. It usually appears right before something bad happens, and I'm not sure about its' connection to Shade.

Then it hits me, and I see pictures flashing before me. I saw Amaria falling down somewhere at Shade's gym, and there's a waterfall not far from the mansion.

I cannot let this happen!

As I reach them, they're discussing, Amaria just emits heartbroken desperation, rationality is gone, and so is her hope in this moment. She jumps before any of us can interfere.

Titania tells me that she doesn't have a way up, and that it's my task to get them out of there, for it was my fault Amaria found out and jumped. Then she jumps after Amaria. 
She seems confident in Amaria making it, in Amaria surviving the fall. That wasn't a desperate, a hopeful, a bargaining confidence either. This was pure confidence, she's just sure of it.

This means I have to acquire Waterfall.

As I have no idea where to get Waterfall or who I have to beat in order to use it, I decide to catch up with the others. I make my way through Ametrine Mountain and find them in front of a huge block of ice. Because of that block, Ametrine City can't be reached. What's more, I find out that Waterfall is being held in Ametrine as well. Hardy suggests heading for Calcenon since there are strong people fighting Team Meteor there, some of who may be able to help.

As we try to get up the stairs to Calcenon, they are shattered. Saphira shows up and tells us that Team Meteor has a PULSE Clawitzer to attack Calcenon from afar. She can deflect the attacks easily, but things like this are the inevitable collateral damage. We need to access the city via the eastern entrance after route 3. We get split up by a bridge collapsing on the way - so now it's just me and Aya while Cain is 'having fun' with Hardy.

On our way, I see the Absol from before running again. What the hell is happening? What is the deal with this Absol? And does this mean another disaster is gonna happen?

As expected, we face Team Meteor members on the way as well. They're really trying to take over those northern cities. 

At long last, we run into Aster and Eclipse. We beat them and Eclipse tells us that she's decided to leave. Team Meteor has done nothing but harm, and her father, the only person she cares for, lives in Calcenon and is now in immediate danger. 

She also turns off the PULSE Clawitzer.

However, Sirius comes in. He doesn't tolerate traitors and 'burns away her soul' with Chandelure. What's left is an unresponsive body. If this ability actually works like that, it's scary...

He's about to use that very ability on Aya as well, but he decides on taking her as hostage. I have no way but to continue to Calcenon and tell everyone what has happened.

In Calcenon, there's the huge barrier. There's also Charlotte's gym. Laura is in there with her, crying. It seems that she has been fired from the Elite Four and that she's already been replaced. This is El's doing. I'm sure of it.

She runs out before I can say anything, though.

Behind the barrier, another enemy has appeared. It's Fern. Apparently, he's sided with Team Meteor.

What's more, Sirius appears as well. He wants to exchange Aya for the Ruby Ring. 

Saphira says that he can go fuck himself no, but Hardy wants to exchange it.

Charlotte comes in and asks me whether I'd save her or keep the ring. I can already imagine where she wants this to go, after having witnessed her in Yureyu.

I say I'll keep the ring and she plays the pissed off one, snatches the ring from me and offers Team Meteor to do the exchange at the power station.

I follow her and she confirms what I assumed. "In any situation where someone is making an ultimatum, you never acquiesce to it". Team Meteor could kill off every single person in Labradorra, but that wouldn't get them any closer to their real goal. She returns the ring to me and says that she's gonna wait in the gym for our battle, which will allow me to use Dive. And I may need Dive to get around that ice block in Ametrine Mountain.

Team Meteor should be distracted for a while, so we can battle.

What concerns me is that she hasn't found Laura yet. I hope she's alright.

The battle with Charlotte really is one where I have to use fire to beat fire. It seems like tragic irony considering Charlotte's backstory, although she told me that she doesn't regret it. She's decided to live without regret.

Finally, I manage to beat her on her own field, thanks to my Typhlosion.

After that, I return to Agate Circus to get TMX Dive and make my way through Ametrine Mountain, since I think that I might just be able to dive under the huge ice block with some luck.
Turns out luck is on my side. While I can't dive through it, I manage to reach the center of it, where a PULSE Avalugg is stationed. I defeat it, and the massive ice barrier vanishes.

Shelly has witnessed everything, since she's at Ametrine Mountain because she's desperately trying to get through to Ametrine City, because Heather is there. Cain told me before. Apparently, some guy called Blake has taken care of her.

Shelly and I reach Ametrine after all, and we start looking for Heather immediately. I figure if we find her, we find Blake who might know something about Waterfall.

We find a house with what looks like an unfinished PULSE, however, everything seems old and dusty. Shelly tells me that they tell a scary story about this place. It is said that two girls died here.
We also find a battle pass there which means I can fight Terra.
Shelly finds a diary. A diary that belonged to a girl name Lumina Seijaya. I'm starting to suspect something. 
"Dear diary. Now Mama is getting very sick. (...) The doctor says there probably isn't any help. I don't want her to leave me like papa did."
"Dear diary. Mama is with papa now after all.
Evelynn and I are alone now."

Lumina, Evelynn, an abandoned house, a PULSE prototype. This...were these the Lumi and Eve of ZEL?
"Dear Diary. Evelynn called the doctor and he says that I've developed the same disease that mama had."
I keep reading.
It seems that Lumina was gonna die of that illness, and that Eve was working herself to the bone, researching, trying to find a cure.
In the end, she came up with a machine. A machine meant to enhance the healing powers of Pokemon. 
Then, a man in black showed up and wanted to use this machine for his organisation. He took Lumi as a hostage.
Suddenly, there was an accident. The PULSE had a Magneton evolve in it and with the three parts of Magneton fusing into one, the three people in the room seem to have fused into one as well. Eve, Lumi, and that man in black, who I assume was Zero. ZEL was born.
And the bodies of the girls - it seems they have died. It seems that this part of the story is the link to the story the people are telling.

As we're reading, a blue-haired guy shows up and tells us to get out of here.

We follow that order. There doesn't seem to be anymore to this house anyways.

We ask around and find out that Heather is regarded as the guardian angel who feeds the people - it wasn't possible to deliver food to Ametrine due to the ice barrier, and food was getting less, however Heather managed to find a way to feed everyone. We also get told that that blue-haired guy we saw was Blake, and that he must never find out about this. That's enough. We decide to look for Blake.

We find Blake in his appartment and he says it's clear what sides we are on. He demands the Ruby RIng, the one that's so dear to Heather, in exchange for her life. By now, I know well enough to not give in to such demands, and I know that I can find Heather without his help. He offers me Waterfall as well. Although I need this to help Titania and Amaria, I'm not gonna give in. 

I refuse, and Shelly keeps asking me to do so. By doing that, she slips up and mentions that I already have the Ruby Ring in my possession. Blake realises this and snatches the ring off me. I really need to put those keys in a secret, less accessible pocket...

As expected, he wasn't interested in telling aus about Heather either way.
He locked her up somewhere because she was giving food to the people and he - being part of Team Meteor - wants everyone to starve.

We're looking for clues, as Cal shows up. That fuck. He's not our enemy anymore, I realise that, but I still hold grudges against him.

That being said, he is very helpful, he's trying to redeem himself. He tells us that an air unit of Team Meteor is being dispatched here, which means Blake is likely off to the top of Ametrine Mountain. 

That being said, we decide to look for Heather first. We still have some time, and she could be the help we need in taking down Team Meteor here. After all, she is one of the Elite Four.

Cal tells us there should be a hidden passage in Blake's appartment. Luckily, it's not difficult to find and so Shelly and me make it through to find a shed, in which Heather is being locked. We free Heather, and she apologised to Shelly for how she's been treating her.

Her and Shelly will fly to the peak, catching up on things and taking out the air unit.

I on the other hand will get to the peak on foot, taking out everyone who stands in my way until I face Blake. Cal assists me at times.

Just before reaching the top, Aster shows up. It seems that he stole TMX Waterfall, and is giving it to me. That being said, he does want to fight me one last time.

He talks about Eclipse, about everything. He puts his faith into me to be the one to change the world the way it needs to be changed, not the way Team Meteor wants to change it! He also tells me that he has decided to leave Team Meteor.

AfterBlake.PNG.0ab41ec611a62f3084444a1524866cc2.PNG

Now there's no one in my way anymore, it's only Blake. I rush to the top and beat him with everything I have. As he tries to flee after having been defeated, Cal and Heather attack him from the air and manage to snatch back the Ruby Ring.

After that, we all descend the mountain to the city.

There, Cal tells me that there is no PULSE in Ametrine City, since there's not a station here that could emit a signal strong enough to put Agate City to sleep.

He tells me that whoever said the sleep in Agate City came from Ametrine was lying.

I mention Terra, and he tells me that she is - in fact - with Team Meteor. She was there even before him and started getting promoted as soon as Lin took charge.

It seems that Cal was with Team Meteor even longer than I had anticipated, since he knows so much.

"They couldn't be more different, but for some reason, Lin seems to favor Terra"

With that, the Ruby Ring is returned to Heather. While this means that it is where it belongs, it also means that I can't stop anyone for sure, since I'm not in possession of any key anymore. All I can do is have faith in the people who hold them, mainly in Amaria and Heather, and protect them as well as I can.

The situation is resolved, and I return to Agate Circus, ready to battle Terra.

Terra is exposed by our questions, admits that she's with Team Meteor, and then flees INTO the computer.

I follow her into the glitch world she's created and overcome the obstacles.

On my way, I see a lot of things, some of which you wouldn't believe, even if I wrote about them here. However, it's noteworthy that I find a tombstone with "C4T3LyN '3CL1P53' F1SH3R" - Catelyn 'Eclipse' Fisher - written on it. Does this indicate that Terra cares about specific people within Team Meteor to some extent? That she's not as heartless and cunning as Sirius?

There's no time to dwell on these thoughts right now, though. I keep making my way through the glitch world and even defeat a Mewtwo. After all, I reach Terra and we battle. That one was really hard #thatswhatshesaid

In the end, I get the badge that allows me to use Waterfall and I escape the computer. Before Terra can do anything, Samson turns off the entire thing, so it's likely that Terra is captured in there.

Now I can finally go look for Amaria and Titania. It's been quite some time since they jumped down.

I descend the waterfall.

"Do you have any fucking idea how long I've been down here?" Titania seems a bit worn down, but fine.

I seems that this place has been infested by Team Meteor as well, with Titania already having killed a few of them before they were able to lock her. However, a new commander has now ordered them to allow us to access the facility - we're in the Water Treatment Center.

We progress through the facility as Taka shows up. It seems that he is the "new commander" here. Now, he's changing the water levels, getting Titania stuck.

However, the third time we meet Taka, Titania has seen through him. We would't have been able to get through any room where he changed the water levels UNLESS he did it. He's helping us progress.

He tells us that he disagrees with Team Meteor, but that he has no choice. His father is basically the leader of Team Meteor (although I guess that Lin is above him) and his family are the last direct descendants of the culture that enshrined Arceus' meteor. Titania calls him spineless for not making his own choice but instead letting himself be victim to what he believes is his fate.

At last, we reach the room where Taka and Amaria are. Amaria is unconscious, but fine. Taka has ordered to treat Amaria's wounds and returns the Sapphire Bracelets.

However, Taka asks me, he begs me to battle him, so he can say we took everything by force.

At this point, I really want to help him and save him from being in trouble. I like Taka, and he's done a lot for our side, the side of Team Meteor's enemies.

That being said, I decide to give Taka the choice he doesn't think he has.

I will not fight him. It feels bad and he might resent me, but I believe that this is the way to show him that he has a choice, to set him free, if he wishes to be free.
Or, to face severe punishment. I just hope they don't kill him. 
(I have a savefile where I chose the other option)

As I'm about to leave, Shade suddenly shows up.

"Forget not: Four screens foretold four souls' fortune forsaken, for forsooth, from foreshadowed, only two will be taken."
Considering Corey and Kiki have already died and Amaria has survived the fall, I think this is Shade's answer. Only two of the fates shown result in death. Those two were Corey and Kiki, Amaria has survived what was shown - does this mean, Lin will survive too?

It certainly seems reasonable when you look at that woman, but then again, her fate seemed to be a clear one.

Titania and Amaria ride up on Amaria's Lapras, I decide to follow them. 
Just before reaching Fiore Mansion, Julia and Florinia show up, because they've seen Amy and Tania - Amaria and Titania - riding up the waterfall.

They also give me TMX Fly, as they were ordered to do so by Ame. To use it, I will need to beat Ciel tough.

We're still talking as Florinia suddenly sees a helicopter of Team Meteor about to land on the mansion. We have to stop them!

Titania is still weakened and Amaria is still unconscious!

Me and Florinia team up to defeat the first waves of their attacks, including Fern and Blake, Julia was supposed to take care of the backside of the mention, but Blake froze the door, so she can't get out.

After having beaten Fern and Blake, Florinia suddenly gets attacked by Sirius' Seviper, however, Julia managed to break out of the frozen room in the meantime. We join forces to take on Solaris and an orderly.

After we defeat them, they admit that they will not be able to break through our defense.

However, Sirius tries to burn the house down so we have to leave and be vulnerable.  "This will be the second house I've had burned down for the sake of these bracelets."

It couldn't be - is he responsible for the fire at Belrose Mansion as well? The one Charlotte believes she's responsible for?

It makes sense. Titania even told me about it. She found the bracelets in the Chrysolia Region, at a hidden lake, surrounded by quite some ash, but unharmed! That means, she found it at Tanzan Lake after Sirius burned down the house and killed the parents of Charlotte, Laura and Saphira.

However, this time, things are different. After all, this mansion is a water gym, and so Titania just floods the entire mansion, therefore making at impossible to set fire to it and completely defeated Team Meteor. They retreat.

Florinia still is down, though.

"It's normal for people to be hurt when their friend blows up besides them. She trusted you, and you betrayed her!" Titania says to Julia about Florinia. I sense some kind of backstory here, but I dare not ask.

Then, Amaria shows up. She has woken up!

That being said, she's suffering from retrograde amnesia. She doesn't even recognise me. The last thing she knows is that she wanted to go down to Obsidia, because of the plant incident.

Florinia, who explained Amaria's retrograde amnesia to us, who still seems deeply hurt and injured, says that she's gonna make her way to Calcenon. She's most likely to encounter Fern there, and "he needs correction".

In the meantime, Titania has left the house. She's tired of this. 
After all that happened, she was at least happy to have the burden of playing her role off her back.

But now, that's back. From her view, everything was for nothing. Nothing has changed, after all.

She also talls me that she's taking the Sapphire Bracelets as far away from Amaria as she can, in order to protect her from Team Meteor.

With this, there's nothing I can do for anyone her right now, it seems.

Therefore, I'm returning to Agate Circus. At this point, I have completely forgotten that I need a Battle Pass, until the Ringmaster reminds me of it. Luckily enough, Ciel is interested in me, in fighting me, therefore she slips me a Battle Pass for her and we can fight. After an exciting fight in the filled up manege, I manage to beat her, which means I can use Fly now.

But, where do I fly next?