[IC] Fate/Reborn 2.0 Second War

Shamitako

OOC

The crack of thunder tore through the air and the sky opened up to pour its waters over the land. The storms of spring proved unrelenting yet again, blocking out the noonday sun with their black curtain. Though many storms had passed through Caudoran this spring, to a certain few, this one felt different. It heralded that the time had come for the Holy Grail War to begin again. Though nothing new to outsiders, for those few, the lightning arcing through the sky served as a sinister herald of what was to come.

Isis

Among these certain few was a woman of high birth, a powerful magus destined for greatness until her birthright was stolen by her brother. She had pursued him to Caudoran a year ago, intending to take back what was rightfully hers from her treacherous kin. Unfortunately she had lost his trail, he was beyond her reach now. But she had caught the scent of another way to regain the power she was deserved. Rumors flitted around the city of a battle fought between mages seven years prior, a battle fought to win the almighty wish-granting device known as the Holy Grail. These rumors had led her to look into Caudoran's history, where she discovered various references to a similar event long in the past. Bits and pieces of rumor and history gave her enough details to guarantee her participation in the next event. All that had remained was to wait. But now, the waiting was over. The last of the information she needed was filled in by the Grail itself as it called on her to fight for her deepest desires.

Casting aside the worn and tattered diagrams she had found, Isis took the bag of pig's blood she had purchased and painted the magic circle required from memory. She then held out her right hand over it in preparation of the chant that would officially summon her servant. Being certainly the most powerful mage around, even while missing her magic crest, she was certain that if she attempted to summon the most powerful servant she would get it. As such, she altered the chant slightly to call for a Saber, what the documents suggested was the most powerful class, specifically.

"Blood flows unhindered
Stories of greatness intertwine
My body is yours
Your heart I desire
Brandish your sword against my foes
Come forth with me unto victory"

Three red marks, the body of a bird and two outstretched wings made of flame, burned themselves onto the back of her hand as she chanted. As she finished, the circle flashed and the entire room was filled with a bright white light.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Min stood inside an unremarkable, decrepit house. He'd left the organization for a bit to perform the summoning, no need to reveal any of that to the employees. He had a phone to his ear, and spoke slowly into it as he painted the ground with blood. "And what did the architect say? Did he say the walls it is safe to cut? Oh. Good. Put the boxes near the other walls. Gyeong will say which."

He gave a flick of his wrist, adding another line to the painting. "And our people, are they around the city? And reporting? That is good. Continue to produce as usual. Make the shipping people organize my supplies. I will call again later, Dae-Jung." Min closed the phone with a snap, then pocketed it, in one of the pockets not occupied by a pistol, a small spray bottle, or vials of various powders. The design on the ground was basically finished, and Min stood back admiring the work, a wild grin spreading across his face.

It was rather beautiful in its symmetry, enhanced by the dark crimson color. But, he could not admire it forever. If it dried up, who knew how that might affect the ritual. He pulled a small scrap of paper out of his pocket, and began to slowly recite, stumbling on some of the longer words:

"Blood flows. . .unhindered,
Stories of greatness inter-intertwine,
My body is yours,
Your heart I desire.
Brans-brandish your soul against my foes
Come forth with me unto victory."

The circle began to glow, and the man was forced to shut his eyes. A ring of three stylized arrows appeared on his shoulder.

Nadia

ln the darkness of the industral district took place another summoning ritual. Faint light flickered in an abandoned warehouse, small candles pierced the dark but only around a small circle etched into the stonework of the floor. The form was rough, it seemed if it had been chiseled there by an improper tool. lt had many signs of haste and uncaring apathy... or perhaps it was more frantic. Regardless, it was there and it would suffice for what needed to be done.

A naked sword flashed into the light, perfect in every way. lt needed no fancy embellishments for it true beauty to be seen. lt was the pinnacle of it's kind, an apex. The magnum opus of some unknown sowrdsmith. The one true blade. Blank. The tool she'd once again have to dirty with her own blood. But, this time wa different. She was almost unwilling last time, she didn't want to do this. But, it was different now. She eagerly cut into her hand to begin the bloodletting.

She'd have him back... no matter the cost.

Her blood filled the circle to the full extent this time. She used no other subsitute. Perhaps unwise but rationality wasn't exactly on her mind right now. For Nadia...had lost something important to her. SHe had lost Masaru, he was ripped away from her, gone from this world. She had 7 years... but that wasn't enough. 7 years was hardly enough. So... if she so had to... she'd win this damnable war again. And this time... she'd keep him.

"Blood flows unhindered
Stories of great knights intertwine
My body is yours
Your heart I desire
Brandish your soul against my foes
Come forth with me unto victory...
"

The circle shone bright like it once had before... her command seals still left from the previous war flared up, as more was added to their design. The dragon's left wing had come back into being. ln it's talons two new designs emerged, in it's left, it held a human heart. ln the right a broken arrow. The contract was complete, her summoning was to be answered. She would once more fight in the Grail War.

Marian

If Marian was being honest, the rain was the last thing she wanted to happen today. All it accomplished was making everything ominous… Which after the events that continued to transpire in recent history, it was the last thing she wanted.

First, she got news that her father, and mother for that matter, had died in an accident. Not even a few days afterwards, she was visited by a member of the organization her father worked for, who told her that she was now tasked to do what her father died trying to do. Specifically, an investigation of something that happened a long time ago.

She couldn’t refuse, so she started her own investigation, and just two days after she started she found herself here… Wherever here was. It was completely insane, but she was here now, standing in a room of one of the many expensive apartments in this upper class district, watching the rain continue to pour outside.

With a sigh, Marian pulled out a small vial filled with blood. It was something given to her before she set out for her investigation, something her father was prepared to use for something. At first she was confused about why she needed blood, but now that she was here and somehow knew what she had to do, she was glad she kept it around.

After a brief bit of hesitation, Marian opened the vial, getting to work on making the summoning circle in the middle of the room. It took a bit to keep working despite the smell of blood that was slowly filling the air, quickly finishing her work before resealing the vial, placing it to the side before beginning the summon itself.

"Blood flows unhindered
Stories of greatness intertwine
My body is yours
Your heart I desire
Come forth with me unto victory..."

At her chant, the circle in front of her began to glow, all while three red markings faded into existence on her right hand. A large handle, a scythe-like blade that hovered right above said handle, and then a parting curtain that surrounded the two previous marks.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

Karsten

The man looked once over the strangely-patterned tattoo on his remaining hand once again. A sort of circular pattern crosshatched with lines; it reminded him of looking down a scope. Command Seals, they were called; they'd let him give orders to a Servant. He looked down at the summoning circle traced out in front of him, the discarded bags of blood laying against one side of the basement. The ritual was simple, almost too simple, and a part of him suspected the man who'd given him the information was playing him somehow. Still, he'd been reliable in the past, and so Karsten cleared his throat. A moment of focus, to open up his circuits, and then the chant. 

"Blood flows unhindered
Stories of great knights intertwine
My body is yours
Your heart I desire
Come forth with me unto victory..."

The circle started to glow as magical energy flowed into it, and then it flared up with a blinding light at the chant's conclusion. . .

Rosie

Shirts are primarily a piece of clothing, yet there is hidden potential in how they can be used. If one were to truly think about it, even a simple rag could be used a multitude of ways.

One of those purposes, however, definitely wasn't being good protection from a downpour.

A man in flip flops ran down the street in between the closed stalls and shops at what he'd previously established was the best cultural and tourist spot downtown (nothing could, of course, compare to the city borders, the mountain shrine and all that), searching for a quiet place to perform the rite he'd need to establish himself as a participant in this wish-granting festival. Like a shirt, though, the man had two separate purposes to be here and to compete. One was to gain the Grail, yes, but were that to fail, he'd need to resort to contacting, after hopefully cornering, a certain someone he was yet to locate. He only had one simple wish for the Grail, after all, but two options.

Either way, one of the good things about this part of the city was that it nearly wholly cleared up during weathers such as this, leaving Rosie with plenty of hidden away alleys and dark placed he could skitter over to do the thing. He found one such isolated alley shortly, located a good enough place where the roof of the building shielded the ground from most of the rain so he could draw the circle, and threw the wet shirt down to the ground, leaving his bare torso to bask in the lack of light. The shirt got too sticky on him, he didn't like it. He shook himself off a bit and ran a hand through his hair, picking his cowboy hat off at the same time, slicking it back in one swoop before putting the hat back on. It was drenched as well, but he was gonna keep it firmly rooted on his head, unlike the shirt.

Pulling a bag of blood out of pocket, he began drawing the circle. The blood dilluted on the moist cement, but the thing was gonna be just fineeee. Rosie'd never call himself out on his artistic skills, but as he stood over the circle, he grinned at how good he'd drawn it. Good as in 'not terrible'. Now all what was left was the chant.

"Ahem-!"

"Blood flows unhindered
My body is yours
Your heart I desire
Come forth with me unto victory-!"

A bright flash of light mingled with the subtle sparkling as a brand appeared on Rosie's right hand-a star within a circle, cut in half by a thin lightning.

Julius

Julius stared at the scrunched piece of paper, repeating the ritual's procedures over and over in his head. He had to get it right. He nervously fiddled with the empty vials in the dim light, candles playing a puppet show of shadows upon the ground where he had made his summoning circle. The storage-house of the district's hall was still dusty from the lack of visitors and Julius could still see the mothballs that lined the windows like silent spectators, but this was a place out of the elements and beyond prying eyes; anywhere else was too public or too small.

Even though it was hardly cold in the room, Julius took his jacket on and off undecidedly. It wasn't that he was doubtful of his intentions; he had just as much determination than anyone. But with the rain pouring outside and the foul stench of drying blood, Julius could not help but feel an anxious headache for the coming War. 

Alright, he could not put off the ritual any longer. Double-checking the script for the last time, he licked his dried lips, breathed deeply to focus his magic and began to chant - in a half-whisper and quivering at first, but raising his voice as he continued.

"Blood flows unhindered
Stories of greatness intertwine
My body is yours
Your heart I desire
Come forth with me unto victory!"

Stark white light bloomed from the circle, and Julius cowered before the luminescence.

Kazuki

Kazuki hadn't expected himself to ever be inclined to head to the abandoned restaurant -- ever. After going through the routine, repetitive day of part-time work, he'd strolled from the convenience store to where he was at present, tin of coffee in hand, since emptied and now containing the blood of any animal of some such -- whatever he could collect in the butcher's department unnoticed after light's out. Finding an empty space on the ground amidst the dusty, dark room illuminated only by the light of his cellphone, he began to draw the circle utilizing the blood as he were told the other day by a certain someone. It was a gamble; one that, primarily out of boredom, if not slight desperation to change an otherwise mundane, lonely life living alone. Wasting no time after the circle's completion, not caring if the result would come to fruition or not, he began to chant: 

"Blood flows unhindered
My body is yours
Your heart I desire
Brandish your sword against my foes
Come forth with me unto victory"

It was a matter of time after the ritual's completion before light sprang forth from the circle- 

Erica

Erica stood in a rather dusty, abandoned home just on the outskirts of the city. She'd learned her lesson from the last war: No summoning anywhere expensive. She'd watched the sunset, sipping coffee, before heading into the back as she felt it was time. This was... familiar. She'd done just this seven years ago. Why was she doing this again? For her wish - the grail had chosen her once again. She knew there were other survivors of that war, but was unsure if they'd been called again. Command Seals long since faded since the death of the dread pirate Ignacio had come back to her hand, a tattoo marking her for a Master. Hopefully... hopefully this war would be different. She'd summoned probably the most straight up powerful servant of the last war - but he'd not listened to a word she'd said. He was more like a Berserker than the war's actual Berserkers. Erica shook her head as her leg ached where the old injury was - stop remembering the last war. This was the one that mattered now.

Through her research she'd figured out a modified chant that would focus the summon a bit more - Erica would not be getting an utter madman this time. More than that, the catalyst. Erica opened the case and placed it in the center of the circle. A torn off part of a cloak, belonging to her target. She didn't know where her contacts had acquired it, and part of their policy was don't ask. But they were reliable - she knew it was real. She took a deep breath, and cut her hand in the same place as last war, and began to chant once again. 

"Blood flows unhindered
My body is yours
Your heart I desire
Come forth with me unto victory!"

And the world went white. 

Berserker

But... the light paled immediately. lt went from a bright brillant white... and quickly turned into a black miserable fog. Mist of the night, darkness. lt swirled with demonic greens, fel reds... and other vibrant colours. One would have almost thought the very gates of hell flung open. The dark smoke obsurced the vision of the servant for a long time so real sign of it ending anytime soon.

But Kazuki felt something in the back of his mind. An itch... a maddening itch. lt grew louder and all the more terrible as time moved on. Faster and faster... more and more intense. And then, it broke. He felt but in his mind immense hatred. lt wasn't his own, but it was the only thing at the time he could feel. The pure hatred seemed to infect his thoughts, it threatened to eat all the others alive. Predator in the mind of prey. The dark cloud of hatred was vastly overwhelming. A dark piller of smoke that stood above the entire landscape of his mind. As if the sky of his inner world was now replaced with a billow of dark soot... ash. The sky darkened and all light vanished. And before he knew it...

There was a beast upon him in the true world. He smelled an acrid breath that stank of corpse rot in his nose. Charred flesh and smoke the follow up to such a lovely scent. Before his eyes, teeth that glistened with spittle and... fresh blood. A hulking form stood behind these inhuman fangs. One that dwarfed the man in every way. His vision was but filled with the sight of a giant... thing covered in darkness. lt snorted it's terrible breath in his face. The only thing that cut through the dark, two wicked green eyes. They judged what was before... a withering glance that could stop most prey dead in their tracks. lt spoke... angered. "What little worm dares call me in the middle of my meal...? Do you wish to subsitute yourself mortal? You're heart will do just as well... come closer... l'll free it from your chest."

Proditor (Caster & Julius)

Sudden theme

Spoiler

Soon enough, the light from the circle died, revealing a hunched over figure in brilliant, exotic blue robes, which when combined with a large helm that covered their entire head, prevented any notable features from sticking out. Once the light was all gone, the figure began to rise, easily beginning to tower over Julius... Until he was fully straightened, floating slightly off the ground and being nearly twice as tall as Julius.

If Proditor was entirely honest, he was not expecting to be where he was. A small room (thankfully not small enough to hamper his height), dusty from the lack of care, and a single human before him. It wasn't complex for Proditor to realize who this individual was, even without probing the latter's mind.

After a second of silence between the two however, Proditor finally spoke, his voice loud and echoing in Julius's mind, carrying with it an air of power and authority, "Greetings, Master Julius Carsten. I am Proditor, Caster of this War. It is a pleasure to meet you" he stated with a respectful bow before returning to his straightened pose, now unmoving as he stared down at his Master.

Red

Spoiler

The light cleared from the circle, leaving in its place the figure of a young woman concealed by a red cloak. The overhang above helped protect her from the rain, but the downpour was severe enough that even with such protection, she was practically drenched in moments. It didn't seem to bother her in the slightest. "It's nice to meet you, Master." Her sweet voice was accompanied by a curtsy which pushed her cloak aside some, revealing a glimpse of the dress she wore underneath. She gave off an air of mystery due to her hidden features, and it was apparent she was very attractive underneath her cloak.

Behind the cover of her hood's concealing cowl, Red was sizing her master up. He was an attractive enough man, if a bit on the older side. It certainly didn't hurt that his upper body was devoid of clothing at the moment. Aside from being physically strong, Red was able to discern that he was a competent mage as well, though their link told her he was a bit lacking in mana. He would most certainly serve his purpose well as her master.

Red approached her master. Her cloak parted again as her arms reached forward towards him. Her hands took hold of his, her soft, thin fingers clasping themselves gently around his. "I'm very grateful to your for summoning me, Master." Her sugar laced words flowing softly through the curtain of rain. "If it would be alright, I would like to call my master by name. Would you please tell it to me?"

Guess we're doing themes huh

Spoiler

The light began to fade, revealing a figure kneeling in the center of the circle where there had been none before. A pretty young woman with brown hair of notable length curtaining her face, wearing something resembling a cross between a green dress and armor. She stood up, and opened her green eyes, looking about the room for a moment before sighting the other person present. "Hm. I take it you're my Master, then? My name is Victoria Denton, although you'll probably want to call me something else. No sense telling everyone else that, is there?" She returned to her examination of the room, although she stayed in the circle. "Oh, this place looks nice. You like reading?" 

Victoria wondered what sort of person her Master was. She'd been summoned for the War, but she hoped she wasn't some asshole who'd tell her to go kill people for magic or something. Even more important, she hoped she wasn't stupid enough to make her do... that. Of course, she didn't say this out loud. Being a Servant didn't mean she had to tell her Master everything, after all. 

No themes here

Or this if you prefer:

Spoiler

The light disappeared pretty quick, obviously. Would have been weird if it just decided it was gonna stay around forever. So yeah, the light was gone now. Of to the right of the circle stood a woman, wearing a brown duster that fit her nice though not exceptional figure well. Seems like as soon as the light had started to fade, she'd started to move, glancing around to get a view and the lay of the land. This was cut short quickly of course, since she was in a basement. "Not much for scenery, but I guess it's as good a place as any, maybe one of the better ones." She muttured, before turning to the man who'd summoned her. She glanced him up and down.

"That, my friend, is a sweet hat. Know a place where I can get one? Name's Liliya, Assassin, nice to meet ya and all that."

Saber and Nadia

Spoiler

Stepping forward from the light was a figure whose very figure served as an extension of said light, as a gem-embedded over-the-top, bright silver blade dangled from her hip. She wore mostly white, all soft, pastel colors, and her step echoed in the abandoned warehouse.

She was a Saber all right, but not the one Nadia might've been hoping for.

Tessa came out of the light with a smile, but as the light dimmed, so did her expression darken. She noticed the place she had been summoned in, heard the rain smashing against the tin roof above her and her Master's heads, smelled the stale odour of the candles...all whilst feasting her eyes upon a truly unbeautiful darkness. The girl flicked her short hair to the side with a motion of her hand, diamong earrings flashing momentarily in what little glimpses of light they could catch. Her Master as well. The blade she was holding...it was so...so blank. It wasn't plain, she couldn't put a finger on it, but...it certainly wasn't something she'd want to be seen with in public.

Nadia would probably be able to notice how Saber glared intently at the blade in her hand. The blood on it...oh, had she been summoned from this woman's own blood? First mildly interest event of the evening.

The girl placed a hand to her chin, furrowing her brow. Her Master appeared to be a somewhat reliable magus even at first glance, yet they...

"Master. Excuse me if I'm being rude...I mean, maybe you couldn't get a nicer venue, but...why exactly did you have to summon me inside this...ah...I can't find the right words. Would you call it a...yes, a damp and repulsive dump. And what is that you're holding in your hand? It is bloodied, by your own blood, no? I appreciate the gesture, but I am hardly one to be sullied like this. You should've done better. Even so, I am yours to command. Saber, ready."

Rosie and Rider

Rosie raised an eyebrow at the girl which stepped from the light. There was so much about her which appeared as such opposing concepts, yet coexisting in a perfect and seemingly natural balance. This young girl, his Servant, was both beautiful and terrifying, serene whilst almost animalistic. She was something else entirely. He'd known Servants were gonna be powerful creatures, yet this was far from any of his expectations. Not power at its most basic, yet power as something otherwordly yet real. Something that was far above this world, but attuned to it as well. A manic materialized desire.

He tried not to flinch as she held his hand so softly, yes there was something irresistible in it. Something that made him wince against his will at such a simple gesture. But after a moment of tense silence behind the cover of the rain, Rosie finally grinned widely and his hand grabbed her within a hearty, yet not forceful, handshake. "Nice to meet ya, young girl. My name's Rosie. Pleasure's all mine. I am, after all, grateful ya accepted my invitation to this War-!" He spoke harshly yet clearly and without any negativity. "What did an old-timer like me do to deserve such a polite and lovely lil' Servant, Missy. How should I call you?"

Erica and Ruler(?)

The light faded after a moment or two, with an addition that might have been alarmingly familiar to Erica; a shower of golden motes reminiscent of a Servant fading away for good washed through the room before fading. After this, Erica would have felt the weight of the presence of what felt like three distinct Servants, pressing down on the room before they coalesced into one. The weight faded after a moment, though it left an almost . . . hollow presence behind, as if something was missing. Still, after the light and the wash of gold faded (along with rather more of her own mana than the mage might have expected, leaving a cloaked figure visible, standing in the center of the ritual circle.

The figure's cloak was tattered along the edges, but seemed to be made of a fine black cloth, trimmed with gold in the places said trim wasn't torn free. The hood was deep enough to totally obscure whatever face might lie beneath, and from the proportions it looked like the Servant was hunched over. A crackle of static preceded a harsh, clearly artificial voice sounding from within. "Greetings, magus. I am a Servant of the R. . ." The figure glanced about, seemingly confused. Then a hard look, that Erica could almost feel despite the cover of the hood. "What have you done to the ritual?" 

Karsten

"And that'll be Karsten Solberg to you, ma'am. 'Fraid I couldn't tell ya where to get one of these in town, though you've clearly got good taste in headwear." This "Servant" seemed to be aware of her surroundings, and not much for the formality of the thing. Good, those would be useful tools. Though he'd have to watch her, that was the type that wasn't keen on following convention like "don't stab the guy you're working with in the back." Best to be safe over sorry, though if he'd gotten a full understanding of how this worked, she needed him more than he needed her. "You'll hafta pardon the view, too. Penthouse ain't a great place to be doin' summoning rituals."

Nadia and Saber

"Perhaps when you win a Grail War you can offer me critism." Venomous. Though still playful to some degree. She didn't expect Masaru to come back so easily. She'd have to win this war once more it seemed or, die in the process. Alas... what cruelty fate could be. "l'd have hoped to somewhere better myself but there is no better place. Three major leylines reside here, the strongest place for magic in this entire city. lf l had gotten a Caster this would be the best place to build a fortress, l could not know a Saber would be that which l would summon. So, venue was more a matter of strategy than one of comfort.

She laughed at the remark at the blood on her blade. Hilarious that a servant would care. "Also, blood is required for the ritual l'm afriad. Be glad l didn't use the blood of some fetid animal for it. l hear pigs are quite popular amoungst mages for this type of thing. l'd think mine better than that of a common farm animal."

"Regardless, we have a war to win." she said taking a cloth to Blank to clean her edge. She lovingly caressed the blade as she did so. The only good thing she still had in this world. A blade she could trust. "Hopefully that glorfied art piece is actually useful as a blade." she lightly teased the girl. She was sure she could use that... gaudy thing otherwise she'd not have been summoned. Why she'd want to... Nadia wouldn't know but no skin off her back. She didn't need to wield that blade.

Saber and Nadia

"Hmph." Her Master provided some very good counter-arguments...and the way she delivered them all so easily, Tessa couldn't stop an uncomfortable blush of defeat from washing over her face. Yet she could already tell how this woman behaved. She analyzed her, her speech, her body language...no doubt about it, her Master was someone direct and powerful.

"Truly a pig's blood would have been most awful...ugh the smell I can imagine it already..." The very thought sent chills down her spine. She cocked her hip as she placed a hand on it, eyeing Nadia. Glorified art piece eh. She'd lost her dear sword once and she wasn't gonna stand for someone belittling it, especially someone with such a barren yet most likely effective blade on their hands. "No need to fret, my blade shall strike as true as you desire, piercing our enemies' weak spots with ease. I do not intend to lose this war either." She spoke as she took a single step closer to Nadia, hands behind her back, still looking around and at the floor, cautiously so as to not step on aynthing...unsightly.

"What shall be our first move, Master? I would wish to observe our enemies in action as soon as possible."

Nadia and Saber

"Well, first l'm going to heal this wound. This won't be pretty, you might not want to look." if she didn't look away however, Tessa would see the shadows from the folds of Nadia's suit leap up. They'd crawl and worm their way towards the palm of her hand, living strands of shadow. They'd jump into the flesh and interwine with each other to sow the wound shut. lt was the most practical way for her to heal as she wasn't able to use healing magic quite like other mages. After all... she specialized in combat over other disiplines. She squeezed her hand together a few times, checking the binding. lt'd work.

"Observe? Strange. That's something l'd expect a Caster, Assassin or perhaps an Archer to ask of me. Just what sort of Saber are you?" She sounded intrigued more than judgemental. "lt'd be helpful for me to understand your ability and what you are capable of if we want to win this war. And further, what is your desire from the Grail? l'd like to understand the kind of person you were in life as well."

Isis

"Hmmph." Isis wasn't particularly impressed with her servant. Victoria was just a girl, nothing at all like the grand and powerful servant Isis had imagined. "I am Lady Isis Jourdain-Frederickson II, you will refer to me as 'Master' or 'my lady.'" She started to gather her things in preparation to leave. "It was necessary to prepare myself with advance knowledge of the ritual in order to guarantee my success. I have no particular affinity for written materials." Her arms now full of various books and papers, Isis began to head for the door of the study room she'd summoned. "Come, Saber. I need to return these items and then we can seek out other servants for you to fight."

Red

"Rosie, how lovely." Red accepted her master's handshake graciously. "I am Little Red Riding Hood, Red for short. I think it's customary to refer to your servant by their class, in which case you should call me Rider." She released her grasp on her master's hand and her arms retreated under her cloak. "We should be careful, there may be other servants summoned close enough to attack us. It will take me a short while to become properly acclimated to your mana supply and it would be best to avoid using my... abilities, before then." Red decided it was best to avoid speaking directly of her assimilation magic until she knew better how her master would respond.

Victoria

Victoria raised an eyebrow - she pretty clearly wasn't a Saber. Maybe her Master was going to call her that to mess with the other pairs? Well, every advantage and all. "Alright then, Master." she said, following after the girl.

Erica

Erica looked over the Servant, not quite able to tell what class it was at a glance. The Servant seemed confused, and then annoyed. "...Well, it's a bit rude not to introduce yourself, but alright then. What do you mean, what did I do to the ritual? Did I mess something up? All I did was add a specific catalyst to make sure I summoned you, Hiroki Yukimura. Last time I tried this, I got a madman of a Servant..." Probably a Rider, knowing her legend... did she always get Riders? Hopefully this one wasn't an utter madwoman....

"No, no, there must be something else you did. Look at my parameters and my class, and tell me you did not tamper with the ritual." This was wrong, very wrong. She couldn't be a Ruler and also be a contracted Servant, that meant there was tampering done. Something polluting the system. What it was, she couldn't say; she wasn't a magus. "You have no idea how dangerous this could have been for everyone in the city." A memory of a berserk god, lashing out at her "favored" mortal for wanting to act on his own. . .

Isis

Isis returned her materials to the front desk She apologized to the librarian for leaving a bit of a mess in the study room she'd used, though they assured her it was no trouble. With that done, she headed outside into the rain, guarding herself from the deluge with an umbrella. "Take up your spirit form as we travel, Saber, unless you wish to be soaked to the bone." she instructed.

Visrii

Spoiler

The light faded into a brilliant blue flash, accompanied by a gentle crackling of fire. Lit up by lightning arcing between metal surfaces within the room, Marian would see a small red-headed armoured figure kneeling in a knightly manner before her feet, his helmet under his arm and his other hand rested on his knee. His hair, fiery red and chaotic, contrasted the silver-blue armour and the pure white cape that was still buzzing with energy. An elegant golden crest of a phoenix intertwined with patterns of roses on the armour.

Marian would feel an uneasy ineffable sense of chaos, but at the same time soothed by a knightly aura. His weapon, a long halberd shining with runes, indicated to her that he was a Lancer.

A surprisingly mellow voice started to speak.

"Greetings, Master. My name is Visrii Lutheim of Kyosis, Just Sword of the Divine, Guardian of Fire and now Servant to you, Master. It is an honor serving you."

Visrii remained in the kneeling pose, as if waiting for a command from Marian to stand up.

So duty calls, and I may take up arms once again against tides of Fate...

Julius

Julius had to admit to himself - he was a least a little bit intimidated by the Caster's size. He had already told himself that whoever he could be summoning could be anything, but still the towering figure was nothing short of intimidating.

Now that the summoning was done, Julius also realised that he had absolutely no clue what to do now.

Did he have to assert dominance or something? Order him around, maybe? He hoped not - he was never good at ordering people around.

Julius decided that for now, he'll treat Proditor like a guest. After all - Proditor had taken his time out to help Julius out... or was that how it worked? Julius had only little explanation about the actual workings of the War.

Well, priorities first. Proditor (was that his actual name or his title? And that's a weird title to have, too) seemed a little cramped in the storage room.

"Good evening." Julius straightened up and returned the bow. "The pleasure is mine. Uh, do you want go out into a wider space?"

Julius offered the exit door to the hall, which was much bigger than the storage.

Victoria

Victoria shrugged, and followed the instructions - the young woman disappeared, but Isis could still feel her presence. "Lead on. Have you looked at my parameters, noble phantasm, etc? You called me Saber, which I don't think is quite right unless you mean to confuse opponents..."

Erica

Erica frowned, viewing the parameters - fairly... sub par, although they seemed like they could be improved under circumstances. Something seemed wrong with the Noble Phantasm... Class was... Ruler? "Ruler? That's... that's strange. I thought you would be summoned as a Rider, or an Archer, but Ruler? That doesn't seem right at all..." she murmured. Was it something with the catalyst? "I don't know what my word is worth when we just met, but I swear I did not mean to summon you like this - if something was strange about the ritual, it wasn't intentional. Maybe it's because I was in the last war?" She was... puzzled, to say the least.