Recommendations against Samson

M4RC

Setting:

I have started a dark-monorun recently and I have reached Samson today.

As you can imagine, he's giving me quite a bit of trouble. (I am slightly underleveled though, but I'm working on it)

What I should mention: I have implemented a "reward" system for myself, meaning I can use other types if I meet specific conditions. Therefore it is possible for me to use ghost types as well. (They aren't exactly the best considering Sucker-Punch & Knock-Off though)

I do have Honchkrow & Malamar along with Psy-Cut on Bisharp, but that's not quite enough.

Any recommendations for me?

• Global Mods

Hmm I did a mono-dark run myself so I could tell you that you can use trick room malamar with superpower (to raise attack and defense) and psycho cut or the way I won against him by using a fast honchcrow with moxie

Btw can you list the ghost types that you can use or flying or psychic

@dragonsbeat

I honestly didn't think about trick room, thank you!

I only have Honchkrow as part flying and Malamar as part psychic.

Regarding the ghost-types: I do have Spiritomb (catching it was one of the conditions to be able to use ghost types as it's the "link" between ghost and dark) as well as Froslass (got that one traded, it was my "trophy" for unlocking ghost types)

Not exactly much, therefore training Honchkrow and giving Malamar trick room is probably my best shout

Edit: Oh, and I have caught a Litwick and a Drifloon today

@Anti_Hero Moxie DD Scrafty has been the solution to most of my problems so far - if he gets to set up 2 DDs, most teams just get wiped out in an instant

On this occasion, I may have to train him to the level cap though (and even that won't be enough for 2 DDs), because at level 64 he gets one-shot by a brick break from Hariyama

Moxie Krookodile with EQ seems like the addition that's necessary - and that I should have done ages ago, because I always kinda lacked a ground-move;

I just managed to play around not having one so far.

My starter was Froakie since Greninja is Water/Dark. I forgot to mention it above - yes, it does have extrasensory (and Protean)

Now the question is: Am I able to get Krookodile (or any other evolution) at this point in the game or do I need to trade if I don't succeed in the battle with what I've got?

I think you need to trade, I can offer you one, just tell me if you want a wild one or abreeded one

How about an item for scrafty? like the insence to dodge better, this way you could at least get 1 DD, I dont know if he would be abe to kill Hariyama with only one, if not pray for the second miss

It actually just worked really well, I didn't even need Krookodile in the end (got him to 63 though, just in case) - Honchkrow managed to take out Hariyama in one hit and weaken Lucario to where Samson had to use his potion before it was finished, and that's all I needed to properly set up with Malamar!

Glad to have a bigger selection to chose from for my team though, thanks a lot for the trade @Anti_Hero

Against Adrienn, maybe using Bisharp with Moxie holding Magical Seed once the FairyTale Field is activated might be good. For suicidal players, using Pangoro with Bullet Punch is also an alternative to outspeed xyr whole team even after xe ordered Whimsicott to use Tailwind.

Edited by Q-Jei

I think I should be able to work most things out now - it's the point where you really have to be tactical to stand a chance (and, in some occasions, on the level cap) - once you get things started Charlotte shouldn't be so bad for example (IF you get in a raindance or at least a tailwind), but unless my whole team is on level 70, her Typhlosion will be able to one-shot everything apart from Krookodile.

Training my litwick is obviously another option I could go for.

@Q-Jei Yes, I feel like that's finally gonna be the battle for Bisharp to shine! It's been quite disappointing recently, but that's due to others being better suited and it being dropped as the match-ups were bad

Just to update: Charlotte and Terra are done (altough Terra had some true monsters), now at Amaria's house after saving her, where you have the consecutive battles against the meteors - the battles are alright, now overleveling is the true problem until I aquire the next badge. (My traded Scrafty went from 74 to 79 during the first two battles)