Are opponents EV-trained?

Equitia

So I've been thinking about EV training for my mono-type Psychic run and been looking around the forums for info about that. I've heard mention that opponents (for boss battles) started having EV-trained teams/ better EV-trained teams about when you leave Reborn City for Agate.

Is there is a noticeable difference in opponent EVs around that or any point in the game? 

(In my first, normal run I started having more trouble with boss battles after leaving Reborn so if it's true I'll feel better about myself.)

EV training shouldn't be a concern if you can play around the fields, but yeah, as Dreamblitz just mentioned, every major trainer of the game have some EV investment and some (if not all, needs confirmation from someone that messes around with the PBS files) of them are specialized (a.k.a a competitive EV spread).

Seeing how easily most opposing pokemon can outspeed your EV trained pokemon even if they have lower speed base stat, I'm quite sure they are all EV trained with perfect IV and nature.

But yes, if you play cleverly, playing with field effect for instance, you shouldn't have much trouble

Sigh...okay give me a minute to explain this as it's not an easy question:

All Pokemon have EVs on them bar Shade's Mimikyu who only has 3 HP EVs and 0 in everything else. How it works is the EV amount is the level times 1.5 so anyone who doesn't have fixed EVs will auto generate those EVs until it's like 80 something. Then specific EVs are placed onto Pokemon as Starting with Serra aces recieved adjusted EVs (like 252/252/4 most of the time). Charlotte is the first leader to have all her mons like this and following that bosses outside of leaders start using EV spreads on their aces and second strongest mon.

So yes, all leaders have EVs on their Pokemon. It's just the higher up leaders have them more adjusted to "perform" better or be stronger.