Additional Options Mod v7 [E17.1][deprecated]

Aironfaar

This mod adds some options to the Options menu of Pokémon Reborn E17.1. It uses the modular approach to mods introduced by Waynolt's SWM modular modpack [E17.1].
Download: v7 - 2018-03-30

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mH5S9LZtRRZLOW20z9gLoKI32-5rK9II
Older versions:

Installation:

Extract the contents of the .zip file to <Pokémon Reborn install path>\Data, including the Mods folder. Should you already use a mod using the modular approach with a Mods folder like this, skip the Scripts.rxdata file. Otherwise, you may want to rename the original Scripts.rxdata (to something like Scripts.rxdata.bak) for easy uninstallation of the mod.

If you don't want to use one of the options, remove the corresponding files from the Mods folder. Read the "Description of the options" section to find out which option comes with which file. AdditionalOptions.rb is the master file required to actually add the options to the Options menu, so don't delete that.

Uninstallation:

Replace the modded Scripts.rxdata with the original one and delete the Mods folder in <Pokémon Reborn install path>\Data.

If you want to keep using other mods using the same modular approach, only delete the .rb files that came with this mod.

Description of the options:

Spoiler

Additional Options isn't an actual option, just a separator. Every option below that was added by this mod. If you don't see this option, the mod isn't properly installed and none of the other options will appear.

Files: AdditionalOptions.rb

Show Debug Menu enables you to use the Debug menus that Pokémon Essentials offers from the Pause menu and Pokémon inspection menu respectively without playing the game in debug mode. I have tried to eliminate the possibility of the game crashing by blocking the use of certain debug menu functions, but tampering with some of the things you can do there can still ruin your in-game progress and even your current installation of Reborn, especially if you're not entirely sure what you're doing. Use this with caution and definitely save your game before you do. With this out of the way, setting this option to Pause Menu makes the "main" Debug menu accessible from the Pause menu, setting it to Pokémon allows you to access the Pokémon debug menu from any menu that allows you to view a pokémon's summary (i.e. from your team and the storage screens), while Both makes both of them accessible. You need to close and re-open the Pause menu to make the Debug menu appear in it after enabling it. By default, the visibility of Debug menus is Off.

Files: AdditionalOptions-DebugMenu.rb

Exp. Scaling: Factor is an integer between 0 and 100 by which the experience gain of a pokémon in combat is multiplied.

Files: AdditionalOptions-ExpScale.rb

Exp. Scaling: Divisor is an integer between 1 and 100 by which the experience gain of a pokémon in combat is divided.

Exp. Gain Past Cap is what's also known here as the Insurgence mod, plus more. The Default setting has every pokémon gain combat experience regularly. Setting this option to One will cause pokémon with a level greater or equal to the current obediance cap to receive only 1 experience point per defeated opposing pokémon, whereas Zero will completely nullify experience gain for these pokémon.

EV via Exp. Share is an option for the ExpShareFullTeam mod from Waynolt's SWM modular modpack [E17.1]. That mod's default behavior is to share no EV with pokémon that didn't participate in battle when experience is shared among the whole team. With this option, you can decide whether you want non-participants to gain EV along with shared experience (On) or not (Off).

Files: AdditionalOptions-ExpShareEV.rb

Exp. Share Formula is another option for the ExpShareFullTeam mod from Waynolt's SWM modular modpack [E17.1]. It allows you to switch between the experience sharing formulae from Generation I (Classic) and Generation VI+ (Modern) as described here (Bulbapedia).

Files: AdditionalOptions-ExpShareFormula.rb

Additional Mining Cost is an option for the MiningForRich mod from Wynolt's SWM modular modpack [E17.1]. It's an integer between 0 and 100 that sets the base cost of the additional mining hits that the mod allows the player to make.

Files: AdditionalOptions-MiningForRich.rb

Rock Smash Encounter % allows you to set the chance to encounter a pokémon after smashing a rock with Rock Smash wherever that can spawn wild pokémon. You can choose an integer between 0 and 100, where 0 means a 0% chance and 100 a 100% chance for an encounter. The default value is 25, which is Reborn's default chance for this.

Files: AdditionalOptions-RockSmashEncounters.rb

Text Input Style allows you to select how you want to enter text (e.g. names). You can choose between the default Keyboard entry and the gamepad compatible Classic symbol selection board as seen in the handheld games.

Files: AdditionalOptions-TextInput.rb

Show Unreal Time Clock adds an option to the UnrealTime mod from Waynolt's SWM modular modpack [E17.1] and doesn't do anything on its own. You can set the clock the mod adds to the top left corner of the screen to be Always On, which is UnrealTime's default behavior, to show while in the Pause Menu Only, or to Never show.

Files: AdditionalOptions-UnrealTimeClock.rb

Reordering the options:

Spoiler

The options are loaded into the game in alphabetically ascending order of the files they are part of; the order showcased in the description block above is the default order. If you want to change it, you can do so by renaming the .rb files accordingly. For example, if you have only ExpScale, ExpShareEV and ExpShareFormula installed and want Exp. Share Formula to appear above the options from ExpScale with EV via Exp. Share at the bottom, you'll have to rename the .rb files like this:

AdditionalOptions-ExpShareFormula.rb -> AdditionalOptions-1-ExpShareFormula.rb

AdditionalOptions-ExpScale.rb -> AdditionalOptions-2-ExpScale.rb

AdditionalOptions-ExpShareEV.rb -> AdditionalOptions-3-ExpShareEV.rb

This is just an example; you can choose any name you want as long as you keep the file ending as .rb and maintain the alphabetical order. Upon updating the mod, however, you'll have to delete the renamed files and create your preferred order again.

Changing the order of options that come from the same file requires some lines of code within the files to be swapped. Plugging options from other files between such options requires yet some more work. I recommend you only do that if you know enough about programming to identify what needs to be done until I come up with a more convenient way to do all that (which I can't guarantee to happen - sorry!).

Changelog:

Spoiler

v7 - 2018-03-30

- NEW: AdditionalOptions-RockSmashEncounters.rb

v6 - 2018-03-11

- NEW: AdditionalOptions-MiningForRich.rb

- FIXED: AdditionalOptions-ExpScale.rb - pokémon that didn't participate in battle and aren't affected by an Exp. Share won't receive experience and EV anymore; thanks for reporting the bug, @AbsoluteTempest!

v5 - 2018-03-11

- NEW: AdditionalOptions-DebugMenu.rb

- CHANGED: AdditionalOptions-ExpShareEV.rb - made "Off" the new default value after freshly installing this mod; the change doesn't affect you if you've already used it

v4 - 2018-02-21

- NEW: AdditionalOptions-UnrealTimeClock.rb

- CHANGED: ALL the files - changed the mod's internal structure so that AdditionalOptions.rb won't have to be updated for every new or changed option; thanks, @Waynolt!

v3 - 2018-02-20

- NEW/CHANGED: AdditionalOptions-ExpScale.rb - added Insurgence mod functionality

- CHANGED: AdditionalOptions.rb - added support for the new option

v2 - 2018-02-14

- NEW: AdditionalOptions-ExpScale.rb

- CHANGED: AdditionalOptions-TextInput.rb - made the code more failsafe (I guess)

- CHANGED: AdditionalOptions.rb - added support for ExpScale and cleaned up the code a little

v1 - 2018-02-10

- initial release

Compatible mods:

Spoiler

Thanks to:

The whole Pokémon Reborn team for creating and continuing to work on this wonderful fan game, obviously!

@Sardines for helping me with some things I didn't understand about Ruby when starting to fiddle around with mods for this game.

@Waynolt for accomodating my modifications and, more importantly, bringing a modular approach to mods to Pokémon Reborn.

On 11.2.2018 at 12:43 AM, DreamblitzX said:

Really happy to see more mods adopting the modular mods style, and looking forward to seeing what else gets added to this in future

Yep, I hope more mods will follow suit! :) If you can think of any options you'd like to see added, go ahead and tell me. I can't guarantee that I'll really get to it due to time restrictions, but I am hoping to!

• Global Mods

Aha! I thought of something! (hopefully it's actually possible lol) 

Unlimited Save Backups: no auto-deleting of old saves when you have a certain amount, it just keeps making more (as it did before E16).

I like how the backup saves used to basically create a full log of your adventure as you played, but now even with 100 backups, I think all of my saves are post-amaria, because I save quite a bit, especially with online play forcing lots of saves.

On 14.2.2018 at 11:11 PM, DreamblitzX said:

Aha! I thought of something! (hopefully it's actually possible lol) 

Unlimited Save Backups: no auto-deleting of old saves when you have a certain amount, it just keeps making more (as it did before E16).

I like how the backup saves used to basically create a full log of your adventure as you played, but now even with 100 backups, I think all of my saves are post-amaria, because I save quite a bit, especially with online play forcing lots of saves.

I just skimmed the relevant bit of code. It should be possible to do something to preserve backup savegames that would otherwise be deleted, but I'll still have to take the time to find an elegant solution.

EDIT: For posteriority: The unlimited backups feature is now part of Waynolt's mod pack.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I downloaded this mod for the Insurgence mod but the mod seems to be sharing Exp and EVs to all my Pokemon despite not having Exp Share.  I only have the Insurgence mod and the Show Unreal Time Clock on, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the mods with no luck.  It works normally without it but I was really wanting to use the Insurgence part of the mod.  

Apologizes if I have misread something, have a nice day

23 hours ago, AbsoluteTempest said:

Hello, I downloaded this mod for the Insurgence mod but the mod seems to be sharing Exp and EVs to all my Pokemon despite not having Exp Share.  I only have the Insurgence mod and the Show Unreal Time Clock on, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the mods with no luck.  It works normally without it but I was really wanting to use the Insurgence part of the mod.  

Apologizes if I have misread something, have a nice day

Huh... That's odd. I just browsed through the code again; it's absolutely impossible for any of my mods to cause experience or EV sharing, especially not without an Exp. Share. They don't touch the scripts that do the experience sharing at all. Which mods to you have installed exactly?

What you need for the Insurgence mod is just the Scripts.rxdata, AdditionalOptions.rb and AdditionalOptions-ExpScale.rb. Try with only those parts of the mod installed (and the Insurgence functionality enabled in the in-game Options menu) and tell me whether it still behaves like that.

1 hour ago, Aironfaar said:

Huh... That's odd. I just browsed through the code again; it's absolutely impossible for any of my mods to cause experience or EV sharing, especially not without an Exp. Share. They don't touch the scripts that do the experience sharing at all. Which mods to you have installed exactly?

What you need for the Insurgence mod is just the Scripts.rxdata, AdditionalOptions.rb and AdditionalOptions-ExpScale.rb. Try with only those parts of the mod installed (and the Insurgence functionality enabled in the in-game Options menu) and tell me whether it still behaves like that.

I tried it now with just those three things and it's still sharing EVs and Exp between my team.  Oddly the Pokemon in battle gets full Exp while the other Pokemon only gets 1 Exp each.

Besides the Insurgence and Show Unreal Time Clock, I also had the Mining Overhaul and most of the SWM modpack (but not ExpShareFullTeam)

• Global Mods

Just a thought. If all of these are toggleable in the game, why do they need to be separate files too? because the purpose of the separated files was for people to select which things they want enabled....

10 hours ago, AbsoluteTempest said:

I tried it now with just those three things and it's still sharing EVs and Exp between my team.  Oddly the Pokemon in battle gets full Exp while the other Pokemon only gets 1 Exp each.

Besides the Insurgence and Show Unreal Time Clock, I also had the Mining Overhaul and most of the SWM modpack (but not ExpShareFullTeam)

Oh. Oh... Okay. Yeah. Got it. I'm daft. lol.

That one IS on me, and I completely overlooked it yesterday. Sorry! I'll create a fix asap, should go up at some point today.

EDIT: Fixed!

10 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Just a thought. If all of these are toggleable in the game, why do they need to be separate files too? because the purpose of the separated files was for people to select which things they want enabled....

I thought about just putting everything into one file, but decided against it. The way it is right now, it allows users to avoid cluttering their options menu with settings they don't want to use. Also, it allows users to sort the options to some extent if they want to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.3.2018 at 9:58 PM, DreamblitzX said:

Now that Waynolt's stuff is up and running for Rejuvenation, do you have any plans to port over these options too?

Whew. I'd first have to get into Rejuvenation for that, and then check out what I'd have to do to fix whatever doesn't work. Right now, I'm preparing for college exams, so I'm not seeing that terribly soon... However, without making any promises, I'm starting to feel like looking into it at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

My mystery egg is a mareanie, but since im doing a fairy mono run i can use it.

I would like to switch it with azurill ( using the debug mode ) but i dont know which variable i need to change in order to change the mystery egg from a mareanie to an azurill.

Can somebody help me?

21 minutes ago, Pozyher said:

My mystery egg is a mareanie, but since im doing a fairy mono run i can use it.

I would like to switch it with azurill ( using the debug mode ) but i dont know which variable i need to change in order to change the mystery egg from a mareanie to an azurill.

Can somebody help me?

It should be the variable 228; as for its value, afaik Mareanie is 1 and Azurill is 0.

• 1 month later...

Can somebody please tell me which variable i need to change in order to get a frilish egg from the girl in onyx ward? ( the reward for comfronting the fake day-care couple ) . Also which variable do i need to change to alter the egg in the obsidia slums?

Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 11:12 PM, Pozyher said:

Can somebody please tell me which variable i need to change in order to get a frilish egg from the girl in onyx ward? ( the reward for comfronting the fake day-care couple ) . Also which variable do i need to change to alter the egg in the obsidia slums?

Thank you in advance.

Whoops, I didn't check back here for a while, sorry! I hope the response is still going to be of use to you...

Frillish: set Variable 229 (Mix Onyx) to 6.

Obsidia Slums Egg: that's Variable 353. 1 for Ducklett, 2 for Drowzee, 3 for Bronzor. You can theoretically set it to 4 for Cacnea because that wasn't taken out of the code, but if you start a normal game in E17, you can't get Cacnea at this point in the game anymore. I think to have read that Cacnea was placed into the desert instead or something.

• 3 months later...

hi i need help in reborn can someone make an update on this  so it will have a walk through walls option to the next version of it and  i know it will help a lot of people in the game that get stuck and that include me right now because i used the warp to map option and now im stuck in a cave 

30 minutes ago, guardianknight said:

i know it will help a lot of people in the game that get stuck and that include me right now because i used the warp to map option and now im stuck in a cave 

you dont need walk through walls, just warp to an adjacent room in the same zone and u should be fine.............. also bear in mind when you use warp to map where you end up post-warp depends on where you are pre-warp, i found this out when i was in a similar situation............... in short walk thru walls is completely unnecessary

EDIT: plus there's also these handy things called escape ropes, dig, teleport.... stuff like that

Edited by ArcBolt27

well when i used the warp to map  setting i got stuck in a crystal cave that dont have a lot of ways to get out but i found the only way  i got out was to faint my pokemon

also when i warped to the critical capture place i ended up behind  the counter where the npc was

well if i used escape ropes it will cause the game to crash and not have dig or any tms on me 

Edited by guardianknight

6 hours ago, guardianknight said:

also when i warped to the critical capture place i ended up behind  the counter where the npc was

Have you tried walking a few tiles down before the warp?
(As ArcBolt27 pointed out, the warp likely keeps your coordinates on the map unchanged; this means that if you are in the top-left corner of a map file, then after the warp you will end up in the top-left corner of the new map, which may very well be inside a wall)

P.S. Also, this mod is for Episode 17; you can find the Episode 18 version here: