Do you like the Map to rotate or the emblem that is your character?

Wolfox

Rotating Minimap or Rotating Emblem on Minimap?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Rotating Minimap
    • Rotating Emblem on Minimap

Simple question really, do you like the Minimap to rotate as you rotate your character or not?

Personally, I like the map to not rotate. I like knowing where North is so my sense of direction (as bad as it is) can at least do a little bit of work

Hmmm I think it depends on the type of game. For example, in RPGs where it's important to know where you have and haven't been yet it's much easier to have the map stationary, but in other games like open world racing games I'd prefer the map to rotate with the character, since its fast paced and just a quick glance at the map is all you need. You don't need to be figuring out exactly which way you're facing in relation to the map right before you're supposed to turn or you're likely to miss it.

Nope. Can't stand when the map rotates. When I'm playing an open world RPG, when I'm exploring, it helps a lot when I take glance at the mini map and figure out which way is north without a second thought. Just the way I think really. I pay attention more to the cardinal direction I'm moving towards than the actual path I take to get there.

When it comes to more intense games that require you to think fast, I don't think it really matters, but I suppose a mini map that adjusts so you can more clearly see the path you're taking could help.

• 1 month later...