Newt

Hello everyone! My name is Newt. Me and DigitalAmber will be your hosts in this tale of temporal distortions. If you have any question (that you will have), you should send them to me or Amber. 
==================================================
                                Opening Narrative

Spoiler

It was midnight in the laboratory and everything was quiet. Only the minimal amount of staff members needed were working that night. A silent shadow crept through the halls of the lab, struggling to get its bearings. It stumbles into a sterile room that contained various tables and treys full of foreign looking metals. The shadow swiped a few choice items before quickly retreating from the room and speeding down the halls. It fiddled with the switches on an old mine elevator, which roared to life with a loud mechanical groan. Footsteps could be heard racing through the halls to the elevator. A scientist could see a brief glimpse of the shadow before the elevator climbed out of view. The scientist flipped a few switches on a panel and lights started to flash. She pulled out a sleek looking phone and dialed the number she hopes she would never have to. “Chief, we’ve had a breach in security. The extraterrestrial has escaped, get the team organized, we need that creature.”
When escaping, tha alien had dropped some of its time travel acessories, that it had just recovered from the lab. This turned into a scandal. The Government discovered this, and sent a team to eliminate everyone who know about the alien and about time travel. 

What is mafia and how is it played? - Credits to Meteor Admin Divergent

Spoiler

Mafia is a social deduction game which requires analyzing, cooperation, and looking through lies. There are two main factions in a mafia game: the Uninformed Majority [Town], who have to find others of their kind while hunting for the mafia, and the Informed Minority [Mafia], who have a private chat and plan there on how they should trick the town and whom they should kill.

At the beginning of the game, players receive a PM or a DM (in some cases) with their role and alignment.

There are two major phases in a Mafia game:

(1) The Day Phase – Typically lasting 48 hours (52 hours in this game), players use this opportunity to discuss about several things, which may include the outcome of the previous phases, behavior of players, and flow of the game; the ultimate goal in the day phase is for the Town players to find the Mafia slowly while Mafia players have to blend in carefully. Before the day ends, players must vote for a player whom they want to be eliminated on grounds of suspicion and the player receiving the most votes will be eliminated.

(2) The Night Phase – Typically lasting 24 hours (36 hours in this game), the thread is considered “locked” at this point and players may not comment at all. Instead, players with night actions, special abilities related to their role, may use these to aid their faction. The Mafia also discusses in the private chat on whom to dispose of.

The game continues until one of the major factions attains their win condition or unless it is no longer possible.

What makes this different from a normal game of Mafia?

(1) This is a semi-closed setup – there is a list of roles, but roles won't be revealed when someone dies, just their alignment.

(2) At the end of the day phase, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If there are multiple people with the same number, they are all lynched.

(3) Players may be "brought" back to life depending on the actions of the time travelers. These players will have the chance of participating on everything they have lost when they were dead.

(4) And of course, time travelling.

Factions

Spoiler

The Town and the Time Travelers - They are the Uninformed Majority. They want to protect themselves from the Government and get rid of them.

The Government - They are the Informed Minority. Their goal is to hush up this scandal, getting rid of the town and the time travelers.

The Third Party (Alien) - The Alien's goal is to escape from the place, getting as many information as it can from the humans.

Roles

Spoiler

TOWN
1. The Time Traveler Doctor - Every night, you may choose a night and a person to save. That person won't be affected by killings in that night.

2. The Time Traveler Lawyer - Once in the game, you may choose a night and a person. That person will be immune to lynchings in the next day.

3. The Time Traveler Stalker - At night, you may choose one person and one past night. You will learn who that person visited in the chosen night.

4. The Scientist - Every night, you can follow a person. If that person is a time traveler, you will know in what night that person went. If you visit the Alien, you will know that the visited person is the Alien.

5. The Scientist's Guinea Pig - You have two lifes. When you lose your first life, you will learn who is The Scientist.

6. The Laboratory's Chief - You can choose past, present or future. You will be immune to actions done in the chosen option.

7. The Mortician - You may visit one dead player at night, learning their role.

8. The Detective - You may visit one person every night, receiving a report of their alignment.

9. The Sheriff - You carry one gun that can be shot once, only during the day. When you shot, your role will be revealed to everyone.

10. The Tracker - You may visit one person every night, getting a report of who they visited. If the person is a time traveler, you will get a report that the person didn't visit anyone.

11. The Supplier - You may give someone a vest or a gun every night.

12. The Granny - You will kill anyone that visits you at night. You can only die by getting lynched.

13. The Oracle - You can choose a person each night. When you die, the role of the last person you visited will revealed to everyone. You cannot be roleblocked. This can only happen once in the game.

14. The Journalist - You can visit one person each night. Any system messages that person receives that night are given to you as well.

15. The Secretary - When killed, voting will be completely disabled next day. This can only happen once a game.

16. The Vigilante - You may visit one person each night, killing them. If you visit the same person as the mafia, you die.

17. The Dreamer - At the end of the night, you will dream with 3 people. At least one of them will be mafia. If you get visited, you will not dream.

18. The Drunk - You may visit one person every night, role blocking them. If you visit a time traveler, your action will fail.

19. The Trapper - You may visit one person each night, setting a trap. The first player to visit that person at the night, dies.

20. The Appraiser - You may visity one person per night. You will know if that person has a item, and if it's real or not. You will also know if the person is probed.

21. The Telepath - Each night, you may send someone an anonymous message.

22. Leader - When killed, all votes will be anonymous the next day.

23. Lover - At the start of the game, you may choose a person. This person will fall madly in love with you. If any of you dies, the other dies too.

24. The Penguin - Each night, you can visit someone and tell them a random secret about a player.

25. The Jailer - You may choose a person each night. The person will be jailed, and won't be able to do/receive any actions.

26. The Driver - You may visit two persons at night. Any person who visits one of those people will visit the other chosen person instead.

Government
1. The Time Traveler Assassin - Each night, you may choose a night and a person. That person will be killed in the chosen night. You are the one that does the killing. If you die, the mafia can still kill, but without time travelling.

2. The Time Traveler Strongman - Once in the game you may choose a person and a night. That person will die, even if protected. The person cannot be brought back to life. If you choose to do this action, it will count as the mafia killing for the present night.

3. The Bad Lawyer - You may visit one person each night. That person will appear innocent on cop reports.

4. The Fabricator - Each night you may choose to give a fake vest or a fake gun to someone.

5. The Silencer - You may visit one person each night. That person won't be able to talk in the next day.

6. The Saboteur - Each night you may choose a person to roleblock. The chosen person's action will fail, even if the person is a Time Traveler.

Third Party
1. Alien - You may visit one human each night. The person that you visits becomes probed. You win when all living humans are probed. If you visit a time traveler, they will know you visited them.

Rules

Spoiler

(1) The Reborn Forum rules apply here.

(2) All Player Discussion must be kept in the thread; mandated special private chats may also be utilized. Other forms of contact outside of these such as Private Chats without the Host’s permission, IRL contact, and other methods are not allowed.

(3) Day Phase lasts for 52 hours. Players must make at least 2 posts and vote per day phase. Failure to meet this requirement for two day phases (even non consecutive) will result in replacement or mod intervention.

(4) Voting is done in the format: [Eliminate] Player Name or in similar formats. Changing of votes may be done in this format: [Unvote] Player Name. All votes must be placed in bold or they are not counted. In the case of a tie in votes, both persons will be lynched.

(5) Night Phase lasts for 36 hours. Players are not allowed to comment in the thread. Violation of this rule will result in warning (1st offence) and disqualification (2nd offence).

(6) Sharing of Role PMs – through screenshots, verbatim copying, or other forms – to other players is illegal. Consequences will be given to violators.

(7) Actions – day or night – should be sent to me or Amber via PM (Forums) or DM (Discord).

(8) Editing of posts is discouraged. If you have minor corrections, you may do so, but if you wish to have additions, you must make a new post or quote your previous post if you wish to highlight the addition.

(9) Respect the hosts and other players! Have fun!

Special Rules

Spoiler

(1) Abstaining is not allowed.

(2) If you are eliminated in any way, you may NOT have a final post. In this game anyone can be brought back to life, what means that there are no Dead Man's Chat.

(3) Time travelers may travel up to 3 nights into the past or the future.

(4) Dead people must cast votes for each day as it occurs. They may send it to me or Amber their vote for that day phase. These won't count until they are brought back to life.

(5) Dead people must make night choices for each night as it occurs. They may send it to me or Amber their night actions. These won't count until they are brought back to life.

Paradoxes

Spoiler

There are two types of paradoxes: Physical, and Logical.
A logical paradox is one which doesn’t make sense, but can be resolved. For instance, if a cop comes out, and the Mafia decide to go back in time to kill him, then the cop would not be alive on the day he came out. This begs the question: how did the Mafia know to kill him? In this game, the answer is simple: your posts will never be deleted, and instead, they will be treated as time “echoes”. Although history has rewritten itself, this new history is a palimpsest. That is, previous histories will be visible under the new one.

A physical paradox is one which is not possible at all, like killing your own father before you were born. To prevent these from occurring, it is possible that when you try to perform an action, me or Amber will contact you and prevent you from doing it, on the basis you are creating a time paradox. This is borrowed from a quantum theory that says that the universe would never allow a time paradox to occur (the universe would prevent you from killing your father) instead, you will have to perform another action, or pick another target, or rescind from the action completely.

I will make use of the paradoxes to make the game more simple.

Lastly, the story will be shaped as things occur in the game. Every day/night, together with the result of the phase, I'll post the same story with the changes in bold. So you can see what changed in the earlier days.

This theme was not created by me. The credit goes to Cuban Smoker, a mafiascum community member. I just created the roles and other things.

Players:

1. sosobean

2. Lord Drakyle

3. Bazaro

4. Corso

5. LykosHand

6. Hooligan

7. Jace Stormkirk

8. Paul25

9. walpurgis

10. Megagun

11. Alistair and Alisae*

12. Mafioso Divergent

13. Castiel

14. Venus

15. Anti_Hero

16. NickCrash

17. Alaris

18. Amine

19. Sailboat

Alistair and Alisae will play together. They will be the same role, but only Alistair will post in the thread. Both of them will share a private chat. Don't worry, this will not affect the game.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw this earlier and it caught my attention, do you mind if I join? It looks fun and interesting.

I've read the rules and all that stuff for both the club and this game and I've taken a look at older games and I think I understand how it works. I'm totally new at this, but I'll give my best.

45 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

I saw this earlier and it caught my attention, do you mind if I join? It looks fun and interesting.

I've read the rules and all that stuff for both the club and this game and I've taken a look at older games and I think I understand how it works. I'm totally new at this, but I'll give my best.

Of course you can join! The game looks a bit complex, but actually it isn't. You will get the hang of it :)

hmmm ok but what if Newt and you are confused too??? kek

I wasn't sure if I wanted to join because I'm already in Love at first Lie and Baz's game, and running short on time and energy to dedicate to this, but screw it I'll join anyway

worst thing that can happen is I don't post much and get lynched because of this

If @Newt and @DigitalAmber are ok with it, I'd be down to hydra in the form (but kinda differently)
Since Reborn Forums probably doesn't allow multiple accounts, an account wouldn't be shared, it would be moreso whomever the other head would want to be would post, and I would be a voice in the background. So as I would read your posts, I could give you some direction. But I probably won't share any scumhunting I do with you.