Modernizing the Warning System

Amethyst

1 hour ago, Amethyst said:

okay that's it for icky business and discipline stuff. please all have a nice day~

but...the icky business is the best bit Ame! : P

What if we don't want to have a nice day? i'm just playing Ame, hopefully the negative stuff will die down but opposites attract unfortunately so there will always be negative to balance the positive

1 hour ago, Amethyst said:

So, older users may be familiar with our warning and punishment system. For a refresher, here's what that looked like previously:

Perhaps you see the inherent problem already-- most of these are still geared towards Showdown and Ace Membership, which have respectively fallen out of use and fallen out of existence. 

Therefore, effective as of the post, we have decided to update the warning point thresholds and consequences. The new list is as follows:

These may seem quite a bit stricter, but it is worth noting that very few users ever get to even 3 warning points at a time even on the old system, so it is not likely to affect many people. In addition, we haven't been satisfied with some of the persistent negativity that has lingered in the community lately, and it is our hope that these changes will enable us to address those problems much more quickly and efficiently. 

In addition to this, we are also cutting the Advertising warning penalty from 4 points to 1. Previously that warning was intended to handle not only spambots, but users who would advertise other showdown servers on our own. Since showdown is no longer such a concern and that doesn't tend to happen on Discord, we no longer need such a steep toll on this warning, and will just handle spambots separately. This warning then becomes reserved for any users who links to a site with intent to require the user to pay, register or subscribe to their services, such as other forums, twitch streams, etc. 

In order to post these links users should check in with and get approval from a staff member first. That approval should be given to any user who shows a genuine intention or effort to contribute positively to the community, which in most cases means it will be allowed without much question. Checking in still important though.

okay that's it for icky business and discipline stuff. please all have a nice day~

Glad you brought this up Ame coz there were so many advertisements swarming in and out 2 weeks ago or so. But, since the warning point reduces, they might abuse this feature or I hope not. I guess all us members will continue to report unwanted links, if found. It's the best we can do.

4 hours ago, BRS swag said:

Glad you brought this up Ame coz there were so many advertisements swarming in and out 2 weeks ago or so. But, since the warning point reduces, they might abuse this feature or I hope not. I guess all us members will continue to report unwanted links, if found. It's the best we can do.

The warning point change will make no difference to how we deal with spammers. We flag them as a spammer and it deletes everything they've posted so this change will only affect actual members who happen to violate the rule. 

• Upvote 1