Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Where is Simon?

BillNyeTheRussianSpy

Question

So I finished episode 17 and I was finishing up some side quests when I noticed a couple of bodies at the bottom of Tanzan lake. I did a little bit of digging and found that it was part of a sidequest that leads to the tm Toxic and a Super Rod. Wanting a shiny new rod and Toxic I sought to find the beginning of the quest in the form of Simon. I searched far and wide in the apartment, the cemetery and even all of Tanzan cave (desperation) but alas Simon was nowhere to be found. I don't think I have encountered Simon before so maybe the quest never started for me before I progressed through the game. Anyway, here is my game data and I hope a solution can be found! 

Game.rxdata

Edited by BillNyeNaziSpy

8 answers to this question

From how I understand it, the only way this quest activates is if you talked to Simon in the Tanzan Mountain Meteor Base where he mentions how Tara died. If you talked to him, he later appears in Beryl Cemetery near the bottom of the stairs where you can encounter Pumpkaboo and Shuppet, looking at one of the tombstones. If you didn't talk to him, it looks like you cannot start this sidequest yet.

On 1/26/2018 at 6:41 PM, Walpurgis said:

Intentional, you missed the sidequest if you didn't talk to him at the meteor base when you had the chance.

How many badges did you have when you started the quest. im looking for simon.