Why is there no PC in Luna's gym battle?

Armanz

The title of the thread is pretty self-explanatory. Every gym so far that was outside of the city area had a healing machine and a pc. Luna's doesn't have that (edit: she has healing but no pc). Since getting to her requires Rock Smash I am forced to battle her with 5 Pokémon only or go all the way back to the city, switch my HM slave for my 6th Pokémon, teach it Rock Smash (and later waste a Heartscale to get the appropriate move back) and then go all the way to Luna again. I find that a tad inconvenient. Is there maybe a specific reason for not including a pc that I'm just overlooking?

Edited by Armanz

Especially since there is the telecom to talk to Ame I think that it would be totally reasonable to put a PC there, but if you ask me the thing that really bothers me is the fact that having a full team of six pokemon totally capable of breaking a stone I still need a crappy 40 bp move to do it. My level 60 heracross with close combat? No, it can't break a stone or a weak section of a wall, it needs rock smash. 

14 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

Especially since there is the telecom to talk to Ame I think that it would be totally reasonable to put a PC there, but if you ask me the thing that really bothers me is the fact that having a full team of six pokemon totally capable of breaking a stone I still need a crappy 40 bp move to do it. My level 60 heracross with close combat? No, it can't break a stone or a weak section of a wall, it needs rock smash. 

I totally agree. I think that Insurgence has a great system about Rock Smash. Every fighting type move can break a rock. So, you don't need the crappy 40 BP move. I'm pinpointed the bad things of Insurgence many times, with @Wolfox and @seki108, but credit where it's due.

Just now, Jess said:

I totally agree. I think that Insurgence has a great system about Rock Smash. Every fighting type move can break a rock. So, you don't need the crappy 40 BP move. I'm pinpointed the bad things of Insurgence many times, with @Wolfox and @seki108, but credit where it's due.

Yeah, I think that hm moves should stop being a thing in Reborn the same way they stopped being a thing in SM.

I actually really like how a lot of people want Pokémon to be harder and will ask for anything to change. but the same people want to remove HM's which technically do make the game harder. Pick your poison

17 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I actually really like how a lot of people want Pokémon to be harder and will ask for anything to change. but the same people want to remove HM's which technically do make the game harder. Pick your poison

That's not exactly true... HM's such as rock smash or cut make the game more tedious, not harder.

To be honest, HMs make the game more annoying but not harder. You *can* just go back, do the gym with 1 Pokemon having 1 attack less (because it has Rock Smash) and then let it relearn its attack again.

But in pokemon reborn currently arnt HM moves not even permanent you can unlearn them as easy as any TM just look for a move learnable by TM that you have on one of your pokemon, use the move up until you good then tm the old move back on

Yes, but TMs are rare and useful TMs are even rarer. I have 10 badges and 1 useful TM for 1 of my Pokémon and that Pokémon cannot learn any HM except for Cut.

Again, I can still go to the Move Relearner, but that takes time and Heart Scales.

Edited by Armanz

The only HM moves that could remain are Surf and Fly, plus maybe Waterfall, cause I cannot quickly come up with anything portable and logical in their place (Surfboard, Town Portal Scroll? How can we go against the waterfall, tough?) and they are not totally useless like Rock Smash or Flash.

Luckily, there is a mod for that.

My favorite way to deal with the crappy TMs imo is Waynolt's mod that lets you use TM moves if you have the TM in your bag. That is, ppl might not have a fighting type move user at all times (referring to the Insurgence way) so I think Waynolt's way is superior.

I remember playing a game called Pokemon Nightmare Invasion. Its not your typical "Pokemon" game per se, but in that game when you encounter HMs the player character would learn the moves instead. That's just something that popped into my head that I thought was pretty cool, but anyway...

When at Luna's gym, I just went through the valley with my HM slave until I got to the entrance, then from there its completely fine to quickly run back to Radomus' castle/the nature centre and switch since its reasonably close and the way back is basically a straight line. Or, as others have suggested, before in other areas I used the TM/HM relearn thing. That itself is already much more helpful than the original games, but it does suck if you don't have the TM :( 

It didn't occur to me that the castle could still be open, in that case the way back isn't that long and mostly remedies the entire situation. Also, at the moment of realizing there wasn't a pc, the way back felt way longer in that exact moment, than it turned out to be, due to the puzzles that had to be solved on the way to the gym. Fight was a cakewalk anyways, so no hard feelings here. It's still an odd choice, though, but the castle nearby solves the thing mostly.

Thanks for the replies, folks.

Edited by Armanz