Owner's Market (Some people won)

Alisae

Intro to mafia Owner's Market. (Please read ty)

mafia is about an inf- I am going to assume you know what mafia is. So instead I am going to explain mechanics~

This was a setup designed by a guy named Regfan, based on the idea of buying items from an auction.
Town has 500$ to burn, scum has 800$ to burn.
There will be midday updates during the day as well, however scum have the option to hide the price for an item sold during either the midday update or during the EoD results.
Players will vote for a Marketplace Owner D1, the player elected has the ability to increase the odds of 4 items being up for auction via 400% done privately. If they die, they must leave a legacy, meaning they hand over the role after death.
For the full explanation, read the ruleset :]

Plurality Lynches
due to deadlines being 48 hours, majority lynch will not be a thing until LyLo. Instead we will use plurality. This means whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will flip. If there is ever a tie, the lynch is randed between those two players.
Yes you can no lynch in here. However, as a mod, I urge ywall to believe in your day play instead of waiting for information to come to you via actions. No lynching D1 because the lynch is based off RNG or you don't have "proof" is a fallacy for multiple reasons.
A. Humans are quite in fact bad at randomness, so posts throughout the day phase are usually alignment indicative, and analyzing those will help you solve the game.
B. Preserving town lives is an illusion due to the fact that regardless, town is going to die anyways, and the only way town can win is by lynching wolves.
C. You're denying the town information by no lynching, as you can use the stances of who pushed that player or who defending them, and analyze how they pushed/defended the player to help come up with a read.
D. You don't need "proof" in the form of NAs to guess who a wolf is! You have proof all throughout the day phases in the form of posts. You can analyze their stances and reads to see if they were naturally formed, or their motivation. There isn't one exact way how to scumhunt, but those are just a few off the top of my head.
E. If you lynch D1, you'll have a higher "chance" (if you really want to call it that) of lynching a wolf in a 3v4 LyLo as opposed to a 3v5 MyLo.

When you join, please join the following discord server: {PM me for this if you want to watch. It'll be in Role PMs}
This will contain everyone's own private section, as well as the scum chat, and DVC (dead villager chat).
You'll be able to use your own private text channel as a diary or to send in a bidding action.

Sample Role PMs

OMG HI!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You start the game with $500 and may use that money to bid on abilities inside your private discord chat. During the day you may post in the game thread and vote to lynch any living player. During day one you may also vote to elect a Marketplace Owner.

You win when all threats to the Town are dead and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive.

--

OMG HI!
You are a Mafia Goon.

You start the game with $800 and may use that money to bid on abilities inside your scum chat. During the day you may post in the game thread and vote to lynch any living player. During day one you may also vote to elect a Marketplace Owner.

You share a Factional Kill (Targeted) with XXX and XXX each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a scum chat which you may talk in any time in the game while alive. You also share a Factional Ability to hide the price sold for an item, this can be used once per day phase for either the mid day or day end update. 

You win when the Town has been eliminated or nothing can stop this from occurring

--

Congratulations! You are have either been elected or assigned the role of Marketplace Owner. YAAAAAAAAAAY!

You have the ability to select up to 4 items every night phase to increase the odds of it being up for auction the following day phase by 400%. Please do this by bolding Enhance: Ability Name for each item you choose.
You must also select who you wish to have this role assigned to in the event of your demise, you are able to have this person changed at any time up until your death via bolding Assign: PlayerName inside your private discord chat.

--

You will receive one of the following messages upon day end inside your Discord Chats;

- You have not made any bids, you wallet remains at: $Wallet
- Your bids were not successful, your wallet remains at: $Wallet
- You have won the auction for AbilityName costing you $Price, your new wallet is now: $Wallet

Ability Pool and Descriptions

1. 1-shot Auction Detective (Targeted): Choose another player. You will learn all of their bidding history from the previous day phase.
2. 2-shot Auction Detective (Targeted): Choose another player. You will learn all of their bidding history from the previous day phase.
3. 1-shot Bulletproof: You are protected from the first Night-kill that has targeted you. Bulletproof is countered by Strongman.
4. 1-shot Day Vigilante (Targeted): Send me a private message with an order to kill someone during a day phase. That player will die.
5. 1-shot Cop (Targeted): Choose another player. You will receive back a report of "Mafia" or "Not Mafia". 
6. 1-shot Commuter: All abilities that target you will be roleblocked. Commuter is countered by Strongman. Must select a night to use it.
7. 1-shot Doctor (Targeted): Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill that night. 
8. 2-shot Doctor (Targeted): Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill that night. 
9. 2-shot Gravedigger (Targeted): Choose another player who has died. You will learn of all the abilities they had when they died.
10. 1-shot Godfather: You appear as "Not Mafia" on Cop reports, regardless of your actual alignment. Must select a night to use it.
11. 1-shot Strongman: Scums Night-kill will ignore any ability that would stop the kill from working. Must select a night to use it.
12. 2-shot Strongman: Scums Night-kill will ignore any ability that would stop the kill from working. Must select a night to use it.
13. 1-shot Jailkeeper (Targeted): Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill and also unable to act. 
14. 1-shot Neighborizer (Targeted): Choose another player. You will receive a Discord Chat upon daystart where you may talk any time while alive.
15. 2-shot Neighborizer (Targeted): Choose another player. You will receive a Discord Chat upon daystart where you may talk any time while alive.
16. 2-shot Ninja: You may choose which of your visits (if any) will appear on Tracker and Watcher reports. Must select a night to use it.
17. 1-shot Roleblocker (Targeted): Choose another player. All of their Targeted abilities that they activated for that night will fail.
18. 1-shot Tracker (Targeted): Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) that player visited during the Night.
19. 2-shot Tracker (Targeted): Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) that player visited during the Night.
20. 2-shot Watcher (Targeted): Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) visited that player during the Night.

Rules and stuff.
~The Basic Things
♫ All Site Rules apply here.
♫ No quoting any private mod communication, including your role PM, or contents of private topics. This includes referring or alluding to specific time stamps on any private communication. You can paraphrase. 
♫ If you have the ability to edit, please refrain from doing so.
♫ Do not discuss this game outside game related threads/discord chats while it is ongoing. This includes contacting players of the game via Private Messaging or other outside communication. You may have a "rant buddy" who is outside of the game. If you chose to have one, they cannot replace in.
♫ Do not discuss other ongoing games in this game thread unless the mechanics of that game allow such (and please let me know if it does).
♫ When dealing with rules infractions or other problems, I will always seek the solution that is least invasive to the game state. That said, infractions may result in anything from a warning to your slot being force replaced or you being modkilled, depending on the severity and nature of the offense.
♫ Please be respectful of all other players as well as myself. I personally, am fragile.
♫ No angle shooting. Play in the spirit of the game. This shouldn't be needed to be clarified this further.
♫ Questions for me may be made either via PM/DM or in the thread. If you ask a question in thread, please ensure you bold your question tag me.
♫ If you don't make 2 posts within a day phase, you will be replaced unless you apologize and say it won't happen again.
♫ To vote, you can simply write Vote: Player or Eliminate: Player. If you need to think again of your choice, you may use Unvote (note: you don't have to specify who you were voting, but can :] ). You can vote for no lynch. Color it it a bold white so the chances I see it go up by a lot!
♫ Day phases will be 48 hours and nights will be 24 hours.
♫ Lynches are based on plurality, which means whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will flip. If there is ever a tie, the lynch is randed between those two players. Majority votes will not cause a lynch until day 5 and onwards.
♫ This game uses Natural Action Resolution.

~Setup and Information
♫ Mafia have a factional ability to hide the price sold for an item that can be used once per day phase either for the midday or day end update.
♫ Town players will begin the game with a wallet of $500 and Mafia players will receive $800.
♫ Money cannot be transferred. 
♫ Players may use multiple abilities a night however can only use one shot of each ability maximum.
♫ Players will flip with their alignment but not the roles they've obtained.

~Auctions
♫ Four limited shot roles from the pool of twenty available are selected randomly every day and auctioned off.
♫ Bids are made inside your private discord chat during the day phase and the player with the highest bid at day end will receive that role. 
♫ You may only bid the money remaining inside your wallet, you may increase a bid on an item but cannot use that money elsewhere.
♫ You must outbid the current highest bidder to win the item. Losing bids are refunded at day end.
♫ The winner of each auctioned item are not revealed publicly, just the bid itself. 
♫ There will be a mid day update 24 hours into the day phase where the highest bid per item are revealed but not the winner again.
♫ Items auctioned are removed from the potential list the following day.
♫ Bids will no longer be eligible within the last 10 minutes of each day phase. Lynched players can win an auctioned item.
♫ Auctions will no longer take place after day four.

~Marketplace Owner
♫ Players will vote for a Marketplace Owner on top of the vote to lynch in the thread during day one. Do this by writing Elect: Player
♫ The player with the most votes at deadline will be elected the Marketplace Owner.
♫ In the event of a tied vote upon deadline the player who received that number of votes first will be elected.
♫ The elected player privately submits an order to increase the odds of four items being up for auction the following day phase by 400%.
♫ The elected player has this ability every night phase.
♫ The elected player must designate a replacement in case they die, this is revealed publicly upon their death.
♫ Marketplace Owners are no longer needed after day four.

Playerlist
1. Venus
2. Newt
3. Alistair
4. LykosHand
5. DigitalAmber
6. Jace Stormkirk
7. Amine Chankey3ft7
8. Lord Drakyle
9. NickCrash
10. Meteor Admin Divergent
11. Sosobean
12. Bazaro
13. Paul25

Alive

Spoiler

LykosHand survived and wins. He was a Mafia Goon.

Paul25 survived and wins. He was a Mafia Goon.

Dead

Spoiler

Jace Stromkirk was lynched Day 1. He was a Vanilla Townie.

sosobean was shot Night 1. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Newt was lynched Day 2. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Lord Drakyle was shot Night 2. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Meteor Admin Divergent was lynched Day 3. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Bazaro was shot Night 3. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Amine Chankey3ft7 was shot day 4. He was a Mafia Goon.

DigitalAmber was lynched Day 4. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Venus was endgamed. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Alistair was endgamed. He was a Vanilla Townie.

NickCrash was endgamed. He was a Vanilla Townie.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes it is! (Happy late b-day btw)
I was going to go to sleep but I am going to go set this up and rand it glgl

Meanwhile enjoy that Pre-game N0 with no NAs.

I'll probably start the game around 1/18 at 12pm PST or as soon as I wake up.

Alright all of the role pms should be sent out so we are good to go.
And if I fucked up anything with the discord server let me know ASAP. Worst Case I rerand.

The Day One Auction abilities rolled to be up for auction today include:
2-shot Ninja

2-shot Watcher

1-shot Neighbourizer

2-shot Gravedigger

Bids will not be accepted until D1 has started.

Its Day 1.

Go post now

glgl

(Also remember to join the discord provided in your pm regardless of alignment, it'll help me keep track of bids a lot more easier if they're all in the same place).

I see Alisae wants us to post scumhunt and use the bid times to see if anyone bids on suspic roles. Don’t forget to change the title from Pre-Game Alee.

Did you have to ninja me Newt? I almost was going to write first in this post 

Second

Edited by DigitalAmber

Hello everyone, this is D1 and I don't really know what to say lol

Only thing I would point out for now is that among the auctioned abilities, the Ninja and Gravedigger ones would be useful for scum, so they might try and bid hard to get these.