Follower Pokemon for E17

Personthing

Is there anyone who can make the Stufful and Bewear shiny follower sprites to be exactly like their shiny forms in Reborn? I'm not used to it otherwise I would try it myself.

Edit: I was able to do a base of it but if someone who's good at spriting could give me a hand I'd appreciate it.  

Shiny Bewear Base.png

Edited by Dartu-san
  • Like 1

Um I believe the follower mod recognizes K-vulpix and A-vulpix as the same species - they both look like K-vulpix though there is sprites for A-vulpix in the folder. Idk if other Alolan variants have the same issue, but just a heads up :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Candy said:

Um I believe the follower mod recognizes K-vulpix and A-vulpix as the same species - they both look like K-vulpix though there is sprites for A-vulpix in the folder. Idk if other Alolan variants have the same issue, but just a heads up :)

Hrmmmm... That's a bit odd, since I know I resolved this issue back when I was working on this for Rejuv, and I carried over all of the scripts. I'll have to look into it when I have time, thanks for reporting it!

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2018 at 6:12 PM, Vlaty said:

This may be a no-brainer but is this mod compatible with other mods, or should it only be used alone?

Should only be used alone, though if you were to do the work in RPGmakerXP to fuse mods, it'd likely be possible. If you were to do so, I'd use the follower mod as the base as I changed events in many, many, many maps and the mod would not work properly without them.

15 hours ago, Personthing said:

Should only be used alone, though if you were to do the work in RPGmakerXP to fuse mods, it'd likely be possible. If you were to do so, I'd use the follower mod as the base as I changed events in many, many, many maps and the mod would not work properly without them.

That's very important information right there, as it's pretty much a hard requirement to take your mod as base for the purpose of mod merging.

Did you change many of the contents of Reborn's Scripts.rxdata? The more youc hanged there, the more collisions might happen, but adding Waynolt's magic line of code to the top of the Main script might make his whole mod pack compatible with your mod. This is the only modification he did to the Scripts.rxdata:

#####MODDED
Dir["./Data/Mods/*.rb"].each {|file| load File.expand_path(file) }
#####/MODDED

I still have to decide whether the existing bugs put me off, but your mod looks very, VERY interesting. Maybe I'll give it a shot at some point.

5 hours ago, Aironfaar said:

That's very important information right there, as it's pretty much a hard requirement to take your mod as base for the purpose of mod merging.

Did you change many of the contents of Reborn's Scripts.rxdata? The more youc hanged there, the more collisions might happen, but adding Waynolt's magic line of code to the top of the Main script might make his whole mod pack compatible with your mod. This is the only modification he did to the Scripts.rxdata:

#####MODDED
Dir["./Data/Mods/*.rb"].each {|file| load File.expand_path(file) }
#####/MODDED

I still have to decide whether the existing bugs put me off, but your mod looks very, VERY interesting. Maybe I'll give it a shot at some point.

There are quite a few changes to scripts.rxdata. There’s an entire new section for the follower Pokémon, changes to some of the items/hm sections so that items like escape ropes and moves like dig or surf work. Animations.rxdata has a few additions for the emotions of the follower Pokémon and the animations for the Pokémon coming out of their poke ball/going into it. (There are files for those in the animations folder, in the graphics folder as well.) I also had to add a blank common event as the messages for when you talk to your Pokémon are channeled through that. The event changes on the maps are largely cosmetic so that characters don’t phase right through your Pokémon, but the changes to healing events were absolutely vital.

18 hours ago, Personthing said:

There are quite a few changes to scripts.rxdata. There’s an entire new section for the follower Pokémon, changes to some of the items/hm sections so that items like escape ropes and moves like dig or surf work. Animations.rxdata has a few additions for the emotions of the follower Pokémon and the animations for the Pokémon coming out of their poke ball/going into it. (There are files for those in the animations folder, in the graphics folder as well.) I also had to add a blank common event as the messages for when you talk to your Pokémon are channeled through that. The event changes on the maps are largely cosmetic so that characters don’t phase right through your Pokémon, but the changes to healing events were absolutely vital.

Sounds like some of the mods might be affected, then. I guess I might take a plunge into it, after all, although I'm not sure when I'll do that. Thanks for the information! :)

Unaltered mod, Charlotte battle, field destroyed, Trick Room active, her last pokemon is alone (2 vs Ninetales): after sending Ninetales she didn't appear beside it, but her speech appeared in the text box. Then a window with an error popped up, Ninetale's Drought didn't activate but the game didn't crash and the battle went on normally. 

Here's the error:

Spoiler

ErrorCharlotte.png.2da41e0dcd69fd913626bc4a485794cc.png

Thanks so much for updating this! I'd really missed this mod; it makes the game feel so much more personal. ♥ Now I'm gonna have to walk around all the new areas and see what my pokémon have to say about them...

I noticed a small typo in one of the messages while playing. Here's a screenshot, for reference:

Spoiler

liIe0jf.png

EDIT: The graphics files in the mod also seem to have a different background image for the forest field than the main game does, somehow. o: I'm not really sure how that happened, but thought I'd mention it just so you know.

EDIT x2: Whoops, sorry I keep adding things to this post. >_> Last one, I promise! I took another look, and it looks like a number of graphics files are different from the current E17 release. Specifically, I noticed that the small pokémon sprites in the menu seem to be different for most pokémon. Possibly there are other things like this too, but if so I haven't noticed. Here's a comparison to show what I mean:

Spoiler

1g5LrdZ.pngPsqugjz.png

First screencap is from the follower mod, second is from vanilla E17

Edited by keltena

1 hour ago, keltena said:

Thanks so much for updating this! I'd really missed this mod; it makes the game feel so much more personal. ♥ Now I'm gonna have to walk around all the new areas and see what my pokémon have to say about them...

I noticed a small typo in one of the messages while playing. Here's a screenshot, for reference:

Reveal hidden contents

liIe0jf.png

EDIT: The graphics files in the mod also seem to have a different background image for the forest field than the main game does, somehow. o: I'm not really sure how that happened, but thought I'd mention it just so you know.

EDIT x2: Whoops, sorry I keep adding things to this post. >_> Last one, I promise! I took another look, and it looks like a number of graphics files are different from the current E17 release. Specifically, I noticed that the small pokémon sprites in the menu seem to be different for most pokémon. Possibly there are other things like this too, but if so I haven't noticed. Here's a comparison to show what I mean:

Hide contents

1g5LrdZ.pngPsqugjz.png

First screencap is from the follower mod, second is from vanilla E17

The second one was intentional, it's the updated menu sprites from the 3ds games onwards. For the first one, I changed it for personal use since I preferred the old forest background and I guess I forgot to restore it. Thanks for reporting the message typo!