New Runthrough ideas?

HelloMegan

Sup guys, so I finished episode 17 and was thinking about doing a new run, but this time with pokemon based around a theme? So I was thinking maybe monotypes but, I feel like that's super common and might be something I do later, so I was wondering do u guys have any ideas/themes for runthrough teams?

1 hour ago, HelloMegan said:

Sup guys, so I finished episode 17 and was thinking about doing a new run, but this time with pokemon based around a theme? So I was thinking maybe monotypes but, I feel like that's super common and might be something I do later, so I was wondering do u guys have any ideas/themes for runthrough teams?

maybe a sound themed team or for monotype fairy type ( because i'm biased now that mimikyu and alolan nintales are in game and  my fairy mono team is complete )

My friend is doing a sandstorm run and he is enjoying it.
You can only use pokemon that don't take damage in a sandstorm (Rock, Steel, Ground, Magic Bounce, Overcoat, etc...)
You are also allowed one pokemon that falls outside these restrictions but they must be holding the safety glasses item.

Maybe you could do a Serpent-Themed Run?

So you start with Snivy. Use Garados, Milotic, Gorebyss, Huntail, Kingdra, Dragalge?

Maybe there are more Options, but these are the only ones i can think of right now.

Edit: Man i am dumb. How did i not think of Steelix, Arbok and Vipitis.

Edited by CrimsonDragon21

1 hour ago, FairFamily said:

You could do a canine run. Basically only use wolves, dogs, foxes, ... . There should be a fair share of them.

I second this, doing my own right now and enjoying it. Also maybe try feline or ursine. Basically just using Pokemon based around certain a certain animal type.

I've though about the feline run aswell before and it seems like it could be fun, with Litten as your starter. Another run that I will do eventually when I finish my current one is with the Oriental theme which means I'll only use Pokémon that have elements related to China or Japan, with the folklore element being specially important. Examples of this would be Pokémon like Ninetales, Shiftry, Mawile and Froslass (all based around japanese mythology) or other that just have characteristics that are related to those countries story, like Greninja, Volcarona or Serperior. There's actually a lot of different mons you could use with this theme, but at least early on there wouldn't be many options.

Edited by Dartu-san

So my idea is to find a list of all the pokemon trainers that are in pokemon games (like this one https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Trainer#List_of_Trainer_classes), pick a random one and try to roleplay as that class. The poblem I see with this is that you could get like a bug catcher for example which would kinda be a monotype run at that point but you could always reroll. 

EDIT: Another idea I just had is if you like fan-theories to use a team like Clefable+Gengar(Gengar is probably Clefable's shadow), Garchomp+Sharpedo(Garchomp was probably Sharpedo's 3rd evolution), Butterfree+Venomoth(Caterpie was probably supposed to evolve to Venomoth and Venonat to Butterfree based on their color schemes) etc. You could also place a restriction on yourself that you have to use one pokemon after the other that are in a pair for example when you have Clefable out and it faints you HAVE to switch to Gengar or sth like that.