Awesome ManlyLocke Challenge

J-Awesome_One

HELLO EVERYONE AND WELCOME TO THE MANLYLOCKE CHALLENGE REBORN RUN!

Yes that's right! I, Awesome_One, am starting a new run! Now don't worry. I'm sure a lot of you that know me are worried about my other runs. They are not cancelled. 1 is on hold and the other 2 aren't started due to the sprites not being done yet. But I decided to do this run because someone I've been watching for like a week on Twitch has been doing a LadyLocke Challenge. Which basically means he's only using Female Only Pokémon. Btw, quick shout out to him, his name is @Mechathulhu and he streams his challenge every other day. Which means he'll be doing it tomorrow. I will leave a link to a thread he has made which he uses to tell when he's gonna start to stream at the end of this announcement. So yea. He's doing a LadyLocke and I'm doing a ManlyLocke. I'm sure you guessed what that means by now but just in case, I will be using Male Only Pokémon. And unlike my other runs, this isn't gonna be a story. Just gonna be talking about the events and stuff. And if any of you want to ask me a question about my favorite thing in this game or how I feel about a certain situation on here, PLEASE feel free to leave a question and I will try to answer it as soon as possible. Ahh yes. Before I forget, I am using the Sandbox Mode and yes. I'm going to be getting all the Male Only Pokémon at the beginning of the game. But I will still make it a little difficult on myself. For instance, I already planned all the moves I want my Pokémon to have. But if the TM is already accessible in the game, I will wait until I am able to retrieve it to use it. But if it's not, don't worry. I'm still gonna limit myself. After every 3 major plots have been passed, I will use a Random Number Generator to see which Pokémon I will be putting a move on and will put 1 move on it. But I won't start this til after I have required the 1st badge from Julia. Sooo yea. I think I went over everything. Hope you all enjoy this run! See you all in the 1st Chapter! :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Dartu-san said:

Well the pool of available choices isn't that large, but nonetheless there are some good Mons in there. Good luck on your run :)!

True but they're interesting as well. Haha.

4 hours ago, Jess said:

Volbeat, Braviary, Nidoking, Gallade, Hitmonchan and Tauros and I'm pretty sure you could just go through the entire region only with those 6.

Lol. Well I'm gonna use them all but they're might be a time where I just say "fuck these 5 Pokémon. I'll just use these 6."

Chapter 1 - Beginning Shenanigans

So! Let's start this shall we? 1st off, let's look at my character.

1zUmM4K.png

Since @Mechathulhu chose a boy to handle his LadyLocke challenge, I thought I would use a girl to handle my ManlyLocke. Although, I don't think he did that on purpose. xD Anyways, let's continue on.

qaNeUAT.png

Ayyy! We can see the train we're on! And the desert! Enjoy it while you can folks! Not gonna see these for a looooong time.

2mkof4e.png

Hello all the other players I could have chosen from but didn't because that's what I wanted to choose~ And also hi Ame. What are you and Kuro talking about? Well whatever it was about, she is now talking to me. Hey!

VPQHbfU.png

Damn right I'm awesome! Haha. But that shall be what everyone calls us. And it will be AWESOME! I'm prob gonna make puns each time someone says that. So I hope you all don't get annoyed from that. Anyways, she talks about the state of Reborn and everything like that. And then she notices Shade. (I didn't notice hmm to like the last millisecond so no screenshot of him. :( ) Ame realizes that the train isn't slowing down and she does the most reasonable thing. She pushes us out the window!

4CH1QHs.png

RuP3ui8.png

Ouch! Jesus! That hurt Ame! I bet no one else got hurt like that! Wait. What's that? Only me and you survived that explosion? Ohh... Umm... Quick! We need a distraction!

2Iq32zJ.png

Perfect! A person who likes make things explode! Excellent! But to be serious, this is Julia. She likes to make things go boom and is all hyper and stuff and also loves coffee. What a caffeine junkie!... And I love her. But to be honest, I don't think I've ever seen anyone that hates her. But we need to focus back to the story. After Julia defends herself from being the 1 who made the train explode, Ame leaves us to go find the Grand Hall by ourselves.

L8dchrM.png

By the way, I've decided that whenever anyone says my name, I'm screenshotting it. This should provide some laughs.

3NRLFFZ.png

Of course I'm Awesome! Do you see anyone else around me that looks like this Julia!? Anyways... She questions us if we're gonna be taking on the league to which we say yes to. And she informs us that she is a Gym Leader and is an Electric Type Gym Leader. Good. My men will power through your explosions and blow you back! Now let's go find the Grand Hall. But 1st, let's talk about what we can see from the Peridot Ward so far. Water toxic? Check. Buildings looking run down? Check. Everything looking a mess? Check. Do I love this place already? Double Check. I'll confess. The Peridot Ward is 1 of my favorite places in the game to be in before it's renovated. Now don't get me wrong. I love it when the city gets renovated. Everyone is happy about it and the Wards look smooth and clean and it's awesome. But I'd prefer the run down look more. Maybe because it looks more edgy but I'd like to try to live in 1 of those run down buildings. I know. I'm fucking WEIRD!!! Anyways, we make it to the Grand Hall and oooo. Who do we have here?

OjVUpmx.png

... Seriously. Is everyone gonna question my awesomeness? Yes I am awesome and I will always be more awesome than you or anyone! This person is called Victoria. She's ok for now but becomes SOOOOO annoying later in the game. Hey Victoria. Why don't you take us into the Grand Hall and take us up to the receptionist desk?... Ok. She did. You're ok... For now. Anyways, we're met with Ame who apparently has already caught the person behind the bombing.

NxUFOV7.png

Noooooo. We're talking about the... The... Ok. I don't have any witty comeback for that but really?! What else would she be talking about Victoria?! After that STUPIDITY, we learn that she would like to take on the league as well as a request from her teacher Kiki. Teacher of the Apophyll Academy and also the Fighting Type Gym Leader. Learning so much about this region already and we just got here. :D

pC2sgKO.png

But of course. Although it is my name, my presence just REEKS of awesomeness. Let us go upstairs so I may obtain my Pokémon Ame.

pJlSqog.png

Ooooo.~ So many to choose from! But Ame. Do you have any Pokémon that is just Male Only. Ohh. You do? What is it? A Rufflet? I'll take it! Ok. So what I actually did was use the Mod where you can not only change your starter Pokémon but also make it that you can use the HM moves without teaching it to your Pokémon as long as you have it with you. So I chose Chimchar, used the Mod and obtained a Rufflet. I will show Rufflet and the others in the next Chapter so it's altogether. And for whatever reason, it got it's level lowered but whatever. I can still kick anyone's but with this. So anyways, after that, we go downstairs and it's time for Victoria to go up and pick her starter.

YmcqJd5.png

I picked a Pokémon that, if this were an Episode before the 1 I'm currently using, it'd make Bacon out of your little Pig Pokémon. But since it's E17 now, I picked a decently good Pokémon.

4rQcKDD.png

I do take orders from people! I am going to stand right here in frustration because you think I'm just going to do what you say! I mean really Victoria, you--

0vOiZtv.png

Well hello darling. It is nice to meet you too. Ohh. You want my name. Well... It's Awesome.

bzVIxTu.png

Well I don't know if I'd call it a pretty name but I mean if you say so. Everyone, this fabulous person right here is Cain! 1 of my favorite characters in this game! Can't get enough of him... Not going to make a pun there. Anyways, I do have 1 complaint though. Whenever you choose a girl, he will hit on her as if she were a boy. I'm not a game designer or editor but like is there really no way to like change that? At least make him treat her like he does with Charlotte or something like that. But if it can't be done, ohh well. It'd honestly be weird for Cain not to hit on me throughout the story. Anyways, little off topic there. He has been kicked out of his own home but because of that, he's going to try to take on the league. Yay Cain! :D

m7W7AuV.png

Let us battle to the death! Well... At least til 1 of our companions can no longer continue. By the way, For the 1st Cain and Victoria fights, I'm not gonna right down the battle. It's just a Peck and Scratch battle/Fury Attack and Scratch battle. Nothing too exciting to be read there. Just know that I won in both. Anyways after defeating Cain and his Nidoran M--

m5BaGUT.png

Ohh you. Now you're just trying to make me blush. You're too nice Cain. Haha. He takes us to the PokeCenter that's already in the Grand Hall and we heal up our Pokémon. Soon afterwards, Victoria and Ame come searching for us. Victoria has chosen her Pokémon and Cain needs to register for the league.

bAuR5cZ.png

Well... You get a pass. If it was anyone else, I would have talked trash to them but you're allowed to have some of my awesomeness Cain.

6uFecgh.png

Whoa whoa whoa Cain. I know we only met and are now buddy buddy but don't give them that impression of me!

UDVXld7.png

No no NO! See what you did Cain? Now they think I'm a slut. Dx But thankfully, Cain tells them that we battled so I guess he's off the hook again. Wow. Cain knows how to just get away with anything doesn't he. After a bit of an odd convo between Cain and Ame, Victoria asks us a question.

C0iRqFQ.png

Indeed! Let's do this! And after a Leer and 2 Fury Attacks later, I come out victorious! Cain comes down and tells us that Ame wants to register us now and then he leaves to begin his journey. Me and Victoria go up and to our surprise, Ame has already registered us in. She just hands us a PokeDex, a PokeGear and some Running Shoes. Again, why do we need special shoes to run??? After that, Victoria gives us a couple of PokeBalls to catch some Pokémon buuuuut... They're useless. Why? Because we come over here and talk to this weird guy.

AGxxBYT.png

This is where the Sandbox Mode is located and he can take us there now because... He wants to be nice? Who cares! Take us there ohh wonderful, weird, nerdy person!

3u2FNP4.png

And BOOM! We're here. And no. Julia isn't here. I just wanted to say boom... Sorry if I scared any of you. But I'm sure you all know what this place is but if not, I'll give you all a quick run down. You can generate any Pokémon here, EV train them, earlier access to the Day-Care Center and Move Tutors, Nature Changer, can buy basically anything which includes Mega Stones and Z Crystals. Now I've thought about this long and hard and I've decided that I will be using a Mega BUT only after I have beaten Radomus. I think it's a fair point to retrieve a Mega Ring and Stone right? But I still don't know about using a Z Crystal. Well, I suppose I can leave it to you all to decide for me. I'm all for using them or not so it won't bother me if the majority don't want me to use them. And this is actually where we're gonna stop for now. The next update will be a somewhat shorter 1. I'm really only gonna show off the Pokémon I'm using and their stats and whatnot and then the update after that will be when we really start our adventure. Hope you all enjoyed this!

WAL4p9a.gif

See you all in the next update!

I like it! Good job with recording, glad you figured out how it works.

Only thing I don't approve of is the early EV trained mons... Tauros, Sawk, et al. are strng enough to breeze through early game anyways. Max EVs are an overkill...

1 minute ago, Jess said:

I like it! Good job with recording, glad you figured out how it works.

Only thing I don't approve of is the early EV trained mons... Tauros, Sawk, et al. are strng enough to breeze through early game anyways. Max EVs are an overkill...

I swear to god, I didn't even change the EV's. I will admit though that I did change some of the natures around. But only once. And most of the time I just got the ones that were neutral. I think I'll wait a bit for the moves though. Maybe til like after Corey at the lastest. But I really must thank you for the advice with recording this stuff and giving me the link to the recording stuff. :)

Spoiler
  • I decided not to train my Pokémon up to level 19 (as I usually do in my normal runs of the game) to try to give it more of a challenge.
  • Also, any Gym Battles will be its own video. I'm not sure if I'll do the same with the ones that don't give you a badge because of well... You know. But I'll think on that.

(Just a late commenter pointing out that Cain is pansexual so im hitting on the girl protagonist isn't weird, even if it looks more natural in the socially constructed way than when the guy gets hit on by im)

Also, may I mention how your vids are helping me design my own run xD Since I write the story after progressing through the game, sometimes I forget dialogue and events. Sometimes a plain playthru of whatever episode we're playing is the best medicine :P